What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (6 Viewers)

My feelings exactly.  I'm at 196 with sub-standard weeks from Goff/Ben and Kelce. On the other hand, all 5 of my RBs and 5 of my 7 WRs scored in double figures (and MVS just missed that cut). I'll take steady, sustainable totals over unlikely to be repeated huge scores at this point.
I finished at 190 and was tied for 7588th.  The scores were nuts - if this were week 2, the cutoff would've been 165.15.  Most of the common players performed well.  I also attribute the good scores to the pricing.  As a whole, people went with smaller rosters, and with smaller rosters comes higher volatility, but higher scores.

So, will the cutoff next week be above or below 165?

I finished at 190 and was tied for 7588th.  The scores were nuts - if this were week 2, the cutoff would've been 165.15.  Most of the common players performed well.  I also attribute the good scores to the pricing.  As a whole, people went with smaller rosters, and with smaller rosters comes higher volatility, but higher scores.

As a whole, people went with smaller rosters, and with smaller rosters comes higher volatility, but higher scores.
Minor detail, I don't have the data handy but I'm 97% sure that on average, larger rosters score higher than smaller rosters.  Small rosters have higher variance and therefore it may be more likely for a small roster to sit atop the standings on any given week, and presumably player selection is correlated with roster size so on any given week the performance of a certain players will move the line up or down.  But I wouldn't really attribute the high week 1 scores to there being more small rosters. 

I didn't have a lot of time to put into my entry this year, maybe I'll get lucky...

Prescott / Rivers

Ekeler/JJackson, Montgomery/Cohen, Sanders/Howard - probably not the best way to do it, but in the absence of time, I just paired up the major pieces from rushing offenses I liked, will probably cannibalize one another and put me out early.

CRidley/Lockett/CSamuel/MV-S/DJax/Stills/Hardman

Henry/Andrews

Butker/Elliott

Cowboys/Seahawks

Go Team Mediocre! Good luck, everyone!

Got 181. Don't know if I'll maintain that. I kind of threw a lineup together. If it makes it to week 10 I'd be impressed but it won't go further than that. Too many people on bye then. 

TheWinz said:
I think people are overreacting a bit to the high scores.  I am at 189 and feel fine, as weekly cutoffs are sure to plummet.  My 2 QB's blew chunks though - Goff & Winston.  As long as neither loses their job, they will bounce back.  Let's see how week 2 goes.
You're probably right.  I think I'm just chaffing over being to stubborn to drop Jack Doyle for Mark Andrews.

Week 1 review and second thoughts on my team

QBs - 3 for $32

QB - Lamar Jackson - BAL/8 - $12  5542 roosters  (used once)
QB - Tom Brady - NE/10 - $11  2363
QB - Derek Carr - OAK/6 - $9 1374

Only potential regret may be spending the $9 on Carr but really like to diversify.  Couldn't be happier with these choices.  Wish LJax played Miami every week.

RBs - 5 for $84

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $29  685 roosters
RB - Josh Jacobs - OAK/6 - $20  1849  (used once)
RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11 - $18  5391 (used once)
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU/10 - $9  5246 
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/6 - $8  5023

Only possible regret might be Conner at that price but he should do better as the season goes on - hopefully his uniqueness helps later on.  Happy with all of the other picks, even as common as they are.  All but Conner beat double digits.

WRs - 7 for $78

WR - Keenan Allen - LAC/12 - $25  450 roosters (used once)
WR - Tyler Boyd - CIN/9 - $20  1181
WR - Curtis Samuel - CAR/7 - $12  2532
WR - A.J. Brown - TEN/11 - $7  324
WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10 - $6  7177 (used once)
WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/10 - $4  413 (used once)
WR - Josh Reynolds - LAR/9 - $4  230

Only possible regret - swapping out Conway from Jacksonville for Josh Reynolds who put up a goose egg (but at least he did see a couple targets).  Samuel is a concern as well.  Everyone else put up at least 13 points - very excited about the McLaurin and Brown picks - might have gotten really lucky with them.  Also feel good with Allen on top.

TEs - 3 for $35

TE - Evan Engram - NYG/11 - $18  1534 roosters (used once)
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $9  3896 (used once)
TE - Mike Gesicki - MIA/5 - $8  110

62.90 points from the two guys I used - feeling good as I think that both of these guys will be seeing the love all year at comparable bargain prices.  I won't characterize Gesicki as regret yet at this point as they did target him and it's a coaching staff inclined to use the tight end position.  And they are gonna have to throw cuz they will be behind by multiple touchdowns probably all of the time.

PK - 3 for $10

PK - Matt Prater - DET/5 - $4  2066 roosters (used once)
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/6 - $3  1582
PK - Austin Seibert - CLE/7 - $3  1416

Would take 11.8 out of this group every week - all about spreading the risk.  Seibert might prove to be a regret - don't love seeing that missed extra point to start the year - but it's early and they are invested.

DEF - 3 for $11

DEF - Seattle Seahawks - SEA/11 - $5  2550 roosters
DEF - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  549
DEF - New York Jets - NYJ/4 - $3  2172  (used once)

Two of these three were over double digits and the Bengals pass rush looked really really good.  I wouldn't change a thing - luckily yardage doesn't matter with the Seahawks.

Happy to be tied for 371st this week with a 249.50.  hopefully they can keep the momentum going. :boxing:

-QG

Kinda amazed to see that a legitimate (i.e. non-19 Defense guy) type entry brought up the rear in the week one standings:

Wisco Andy

Balanced byes.  Used all $250.  5 players costing $19 or more.  Just dialed up the wrong combo.  Luckily for him The Turk is arriving fashionably late :)

-QG

@Hot Sauce Guy I didn't realize you were on here!!  Love Lucky Dog Hot Sauces. I buy them from you at the farmers markets (Oakland and San Rafael) all the time!!!

Seriously, anyone who is into hot sauce needs to try his stuff!!

Any, enough with the total non-sequitur...

I love my max-30-player roster on here. I think I am going to do well until everyone gets injured...

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/12 - $12
QB - Lamar Jackson - BAL/8 - $12
QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/5 - $10
RB - Marlon Mack - IND/6 - $23
RB - Austin Ekeler - LAC/12 - $16
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU/10 - $9
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/6 - $8
RB - Darwin Thompson - KC/12 - $5
RB - Malcolm Brown - LAR/9 - $4
WR - Chris Godwin - TB/7 - $22
WR - Christian Kirk - ARI/12 - $15
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - ARI/12 - $12
WR - Ted Ginn - NO/9 - $6
WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10 - $6
WR - Willie Snead - BAL/8 - $5
WR - Taylor Gabriel - CHI/6 - $5
WR - Mecole Hardman - KC/12 - $5
WR - Chris Hogan - CAR/7 - $4
WR - Travis Benjamin - LAC/12 - $4
WR - Josh Reynolds - LAR/9 - $4
WR - Chris Conley - JAX/10 - $4
TE - Vance McDonald - PIT/7 - $16
TE - Delanie Walker - TEN/11 - $12
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $9
PK - Ryan Succop - TEN/11 - $4
PK - Matt Gay - TB/7 - $3
PK - Zane Gonzalez - ARI/12 - $3
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/11 - $5
TD - Carolina Panthers - CAR/7 - $4
TD - San Francisco 49ers - SF/4 - $3

Solomon Grundy said:
@Hot Sauce Guy I didn't realize you were on here!!  Love Lucky Dog Hot Sauces. I buy them from you at the farmers markets (Oakland and San Rafael) all the time!!!

I love my max-30-player roster on here. I think I am going to do well until everyone gets injured...

Only wish I drafted as well as you in here.

:)

see ya at the markets! 

This is the yearly reminder to the group that calcomatic cost money for hosting and requires some time each week during the season to manage.

There were 228 unique visitors to calcomatic on Sunday and 318 unique visitors on Monday so the site is being used by plenty of people.  So far I have received 2 donations since the season started.  If you already donated thank you!  If you are planning to donate there is no time like the present 🙂

Jameis 🤢 /  Jackson / Brady 

jacobs / Carson / Ekeler / Brieda / Pollard

Edelman / Ridley / Lockett / Samuel / Valdez / Gordon 

Doyle / Hockenson / Andrews / Waller (1.5ppr)

carlson / seibert

kc / sea / TB

237pts

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the yearly reminder to the group that calcomatic cost money for hosting and requires some time each week during the season to manage.

There were 228 unique visitors to calcomatic on Sunday and 318 unique visitors on Monday so the site is being used by plenty of people.  So far I have received 2 donations since the season started.  If you already donated thank you!  If you are planning to donate there is no time like the present 🙂
Hadn’t used it! 

Link for site and PayPal? 

I just gave, thanx Steeler!

5 spot donated from here too. So here are a few studs I own that have low ownership totals:

CMC - 9%

Ingram - 6%

Julio - 4%

Evans - 9% (although damn Winston looks bad again)

sure it wasn't the same guy using 318 different proxies? ;)

kidding aside it's in the works Steelers :)

-QG

I sent mine last week or over the weekend. I assume you got it and that I was 1 of the 2. 

I do need some more power outlets (or any other as on your site) and will click through on your site. 

Ever think of approaching Football Guys about a licensing deal or selling it to them? 

@Steeler - added to the kitty.  Thanks again for your efforts!  Much appreciated. 

But I am surprised at the Ownership % at some of the WR I have on my roster. 

Calvin Ridley ATL 9 $20 763 6.1%
Alshon Jeffery PHI 10 $18 297 2.4%
Robby Anderson NYJ 4 $17 735 5.8%
Mike Williams LAC 12 $16 1212 9.6%
Sammy Watkins KC 12 $15 871 6.9%
Dede Westbrook JAX 10 $13 3374 26.8%

Only Westbrook over 10%

Granted there are significant # of option at WR....  but this just looks low IMO. 

With Goff and Foles as my only 2 QBs, besides Goff finding his passing groove and lighting it up, I need Foles back by week 9 when Goff is on a bye.

I'm doomed.

Donated. Thanks for doing this.

Donated $20 tonight brother....I really don't use it but with all the hard work you put in I appreciate it when I do actually look at it.  Have a great night

Thank you for reminding me.  $20 donated.

If you use calcomatic.com please donate.

Losing Hunter Henry hurts, but glad I took 3 TE's with Andrews and Waller at the last minute instead of just the two. Hopefully Henry is back between week 6-8. 

Also a big fan of calcomatic, thank you for what you do. 

Anyone on your squad questionable or worse for week 2?  And no, I am not talking about guys who sucked last week (hello, Jameis).  For me it looks like Lockett may be the only questionable guy.

Anyone on your squad questionable or worse for week 2?  And no, I am not talking about guys who sucked last week (hello, Jameis).  For me it looks like Lockett may be the only questionable guy.
I started with 3 QBs and I’m down to 1 already.  Foles on IR, Darnold has mono and likely out a few weeks.  I’m left with only Derek Carr... 

My only issue is LAC WR Mike Williams but he is 1 of 6 WR so I should be ok if he misses.  Rough for those with Foles & Darnold.... 170 rosters with both!  

Just checked a few.....  sympathy for MajorMudButt - Foles, Darnold as only QBs & NYJ WR Enuwa 

I started with 3 QBs and I’m down to 1 already.  Foles on IR, Darnold has mono and likely out a few weeks.  I’m left with only Derek Carr... 
Dude, you have a rough road ahead if Darnold sits multiple weeks.  Carr should be fine this week vs KC, but then he gets MIN, IND, CHI, and his bye.  Yikes

Definitely below.   Lamar Jackson pushed the (theoretical) cutoff up a ton

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have the facts of fantasy football...

Good - WR Chris Godwin - 26.10 - owned by 1858

Good - PK Matt Gay - 9.20 - owned by 964

Bad - QB Jameis Winston - 17.30 - owned by 1997

Hopefully Goff can improve on Winston's 17 point game.  As uninspiring as both offenses were last night, at least Winston looked better then Cam, and lives to play another day.  1204 very unhappy OJ Howard owners, as well as 1173 for CMC.  Sunday can't get here soon enough.

yeah i did the same and have roughly the same team as you.  i feel like this year lent itself very well to a big roster with a bunch of the 'backup' rbs and cheap QB/TE on it.

Is there any site that emulates this contest so that we could have 'multiple entries'? It would be interesting to save a few iterations of our rosters and see how each of them would have performed. Maybe an addition to the calcomatic?

Pretty happy with my team despite losing Tyreek Hill for the immediate future.

Carson Wentz          $19     34.15                                                                                       
Lamar Jackson         $12     46.80                                                                                                    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nick Chubb               $25     10.00                                                                                                       
Chris Carson             $18     23.10                                                                                             
Duke Johnson           $9     11.00                                                                                                      
Matt Breida               $9      3.70                                                                                                     
Devin Singletary       $8     12.30                                                                                                       
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyreek Hill              $31      4.10                                                              
Tyler Lockett         $19     11.40                                                                                                     
Curtis Samuel       $12      6.20                                                                                                       
Larry Fitzgerald     $12     25.30                                                                                                       
DeSean Jackson   $11     35.40                                                                                                      
Michael Gallup      $10     22.80                                                                                                     
George Kittle              $25     17.40                                                                                                       
Mark Andrews           $9     28.80                                                                                                      
Brandon McManus      $4     10.90                                                                                                     
Steve Hauschka           $3      6.30                                                                                                       
Austin Seibert               $3      1.00                                                                                                      
Dallas Cowboys         $5      5.00                                                                                                      
Cincinnati Bengals     $3      6.00                                                                                                      
New York Jets            $3     15.00                                                                                                     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL                            237.80   

Done. Thanks for putting the site together - it's a great help!

Dude, you have a rough road ahead if Darnold sits multiple weeks.  Carr should be fine this week vs KC, but then he gets MIN, IND, CHI, and his bye.  Yikes
There are 8 teams out there that had only Darnold and Foles and have no QB this week (or for the foreseeable future).

There are 4 teams down to 1 RB this week, but none of them look like they were ever serious entries.

There's one team (small roster but looks legitimate) with only Tyreek and Mike Williams at WR.

There are 96(!) teams without a TE this weekend and 101 without a kicker (people who didn't update after the kicker slaughter at the end of preseason).

Everyone still has a defense though. :)

Three of the no-kicker teams finished in the top 1000 last week. None of the others did.

After the 1pm games:

169.00 + (Carr -37.60) + (Jacobs - 11.70) + (Reynolds - 14.30) + (Seibert - 4.00) + (Jets - 3.00)

On to Week 2 :excited:

-QG

Reynolds ain't scoring so safe to say I have the same exact score after 4pm :oldunsure:

169.00  + (Seibert - 4.00) + (Jets - 3.00)

(Should still be) On to Week 2

-QG

166.6 with a few legit guys to go. Will probably finish in the mid-upper-170’s. A far cry from last week, but advancing is what matters. Lost Brees tho. QB injury risk is why I always carry 3. 

Ownership for Monday Night.

Chubb RB 3707

Jets DEF 2172

Browns DEF 1905

Seibert PK 1582

Mayfield QB 901

R Anderson WR 735

Montgomery RB 699

Crowder WR 657

Beckhaw WR 574

Njoku TE 529

Landry WR 507

Bell RB 403

Seals-Jones TE 89

T Taylor WR 37

So the average entry has about 1.15 players going tomorrow night.

-QG

So far it looks like my flex spots are going to be TE often with Kelce, Waller, and Andrews. Only TE to miss the starting lineup was Kelce in week 1. 

Users who are viewing this thread