What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (17 Viewers)

You may be right. I dont know, really.  

I do know that Trump is a terrible debater if you’re into policy and facts.  

I understand he appeals to some. 

Edit:   I’ve also been assured here by trump supporters that polls are total bs.  
On policy a lot of them are terrible.  Case in point Hillary tryning to use foreign steel being used in Trump hotels. Its completely pointless, the carpets and drapes were made in China too. Private companies aren't held to buy American requirements like government contracts are. Of course Trump could have owned her on that if he was capable of responding correctly, he's not. Instead he owned her by dominating, physically, the stage that night.  

Last edited by a moderator:
On policy a lot of them are terrible.  Case in point Hillary tryning to use foreign steel being used in Trump hotels. Its completely pointless, the carpets and drapes were made in China too. Private companies aren't held to buy American requirements like government contracts are. Of course Trump could have owned her on the if he was capable of responding correctly, he's not. Instead he owned he by dominating physically, the stage that night.  
You may be right.  If you are, all I will say is that dominating your female debate opponent physically is not something I would condone, let alone celebrate.  

To each their own, I guess.  

You may be right.  If you are, all I will say is that dominating your female debate opponent physically is not something I would condone, let alone celebrate.  

To each their own, I guess.  
That's pretty tame for politics. Nothing even illegal about this one to be outraged with. 

I've taken classes in contract negotiations: which seat at the table is the most dominate. How to turn the heat up in the room, use of distractions. I've never heard any of them being prefaced with "unless you're debating with a woman".  

It was masterful. Completely rattled her, apparently shes still complaining about it. 
Not really complaining, just stating the differences between men and women in that format.  She had to make mental calculations on the fly about how to handle what he was doing.   Ignore him and she's basically signaling that it's OK.  Tell him to knock it the #### off, and she would have come across as #####y and emotional.     

And as I said there are people out there who equate physically intimidating a 70 year old woman to being a better candidate. If true, that’s a reflection on those people who thought that way.
Not really. A lot more goes into debate than just words. That's why the front runners get middle stage. Are you suggesting the women should get the middle positions?  

I've taken classes in contract negotiations: which seat at the table is the most dominate. How to turn the heat up in the room, use of distractions. I've never heard any of them being prefaced with "unless you're debating with a woman".  
Doesn't matter what either of us think, it worked. 

Not really complaining, just stating the differences between men and women in that format.  She had to make mental calculations on the fly about how to handle what he was doing.   Ignore him and she's basically signaling that it's OK.  Tell him to knock it the #### off, and she would have come across as #####y and emotional.     
Yes. It was masterful. 

Not really. A lot more goes into debate than just words. That's why the front runners get middle stage. Are you suggesting the women should get the middle positions?  
I’m suggesting that as a criteria it has nothing to do with qualification as president. Look at Helsinki, he was Putin’s lap dog. 

Does Trump deserve any blame for today's incident. I think an emotional  Beto said yes. Stoking hate, the way Trump talked about Mexicans as rapists, the Muslim ban. He said Trump is a racist.  If Trump loses in 2020, incidents like this will be a factor.

I’m suggesting that as a criteria it has nothing to do with qualification as president. Look at Helsinki, he was Putin’s lap dog. 
I dont think I agree. I'm suggesting debates matter, dominating your opponent matters. People want a president to dominate our foes. 

Cue up the Putin references and jokes. 

That's ok it's not funny to me, and we can cut to similar servile behavior with Xi and Kim.
Let's turn the table then. I'm guessing Hillary would sell her soul to the devil to change the results of that election. Imagine if it were as simple as not not staying on your side of the stage.  And let's not fool ourselves, it wasn't Trump just being a creep and a bully. It was planned and calculated. 

Does Trump deserve any blame for today's incident. I think an emotional  Beto said yes. Stoking hate, the way Trump talked about Mexicans as rapists, the Muslim ban. He said Trump is a racist.  If Trump loses in 2020, incidents like this will be a factor.
Is calling somebody a racist, stoking hate?

Let's turn the table then. I'm guessing Hillary would sell her soul to the devil to change the results of that election. Imagine if it were as simple as not not staying on your side of the stage.  And let's not fool ourselves, it wasn't Trump just being a creep and a bully. It was planned and calculated. 
I feel like I'm being too agitated in responding to you. It's been a rough day in the news and I just got back from a night out. Let's say I'm trying to say I agree with you. Yes, it was planned, it was calculated. Was that the same event that Trump brought Clinton's accusers? I can't remember but it may have been. I guess I'm saying if I accept your point it's even worse that way. I understand yes, he succeeded in that, and people seem to have taken the wrong message from it. His performance in that specific aspect - if we take away all negative connotations like creepy, or intimidation right after an accusation of assault etc. - as a practical matter whatever people who responded to this took positively from it were completely wrong in terms of what it conveyed as to Trump's preparation to be president. 

I feel like I'm being too agitated in responding to you. It's been a rough day in the news and I just got back from a night out. Let's say I'm trying to say I agree with you. Yes, it was planned, it was calculated. Was that the same event that Trump brought Clinton's accusers? I can't remember but it may have been. I guess I'm saying if I accept your point it's even worse that way. I understand yes, he succeeded in that, and people seem to have taken the wrong message from it. His performance in that specific aspect - if we take away all negative connotations like creepy, or intimidation right after an accusation of assault etc. - as a practical matter whatever people who responded to this took positively from it were completely wrong in terms of what it conveyed as to Trump's preparation to be president. 
Have a beer for me man. No worries. It's just a fascinating part of history to me, that's all. 

Possibly. Hasn't Trump called multiple people racist?
He may have, but has called people all sorts of names, if not racist.

My only point is that it sounds odd for Beto to be calling somebody a racist while, at the same time, saying that person's hateful comments are causing the violence we're seeing.

Do tapes of candidates saying "I just grab them by the #####" matter?

I'd say somebody thought so, because within an hour of that tape coming out Wikileaks released the first batch of Podesta emails. And a new narrative began.

This strategy was repeated over and over: whenever damaging info on Trump came out, Wikileaks would preempt it with more emails.

"I love Wikileaks", said Trump afterwards, which is probably the most truthful thing ever to come out of his mouth. 

Maybe that mattered. 

No, it must have been The Don stalking Hillary around the stage. I've never been so proud of my country. 
Sure but the correction in the polls came three days later. After those two events and aligned with the debate. 

The polls definitely went down after Friday suggesting grab me mattered more than the emails. 

I dont think I agree. I'm suggesting debates matter, dominating your opponent matters. People want a president to dominate our foes. 

Cue up the Putin references and jokes. 
Some people want our president to dominate through the strength of character and through superior ideas and vision for America.

others prefer domination by physical intimidation tactics, bullying, name calling and insults.

How you “win” matters.  

Rick Scott's response to the Parkland shooting prevented political damage and may have even helped in his Senate race. He took baby steps - signed bill that approving a 3 day waiting period, raising the minimum age to 21, banning bump stock, and allowing teachers who receive training to be armed -  for which he was praised, except by the NRA.  IIRC, Trump's initial impulse to Parkland was to do something on background checks, raise minimum age, etc but then he quickly backtracked after get push-back from the NRA.

How many Trump tweets disparaging the good people of Baltimore?  How many tweets condemning these brutal senseless slaying of innocents?

Oh, a lot to a little.

But keep on supporting this guy, he certainly has his priorities straight. 

Saw the manifesto of the nut in El Paso, while clearly he hated both political parties I assume we will see some that usually do still try to blame Trump. It’s a shame these terrible events always need to be politicized for points for their side. 

Saw the manifesto of the nut in El Paso, while clearly he hated both political parties I assume we will see some that usually do still try to blame Trump. It’s a shame these terrible events always need to be politicized for points for their side. 
He spelled out Trump in guns on his FB.  No, this guy didn't "hate both political parties."

He spelled out Trump in guns on his FB.  No, this guy didn't "hate both political parties."
Sorry bud that’s not accurate and was clearly spelled out and maybe you didn’t understand my other response that we should go separate ways. It’s always the same one sided complaints and attempts to inaccurately frame posts and run to mods to get people banned which really isn’t worth the time. Please troll after others and good luck to you in the future. 

I imagine if he spelled Hillary in guns, the same people would be saying "both sides!"
Isn’t it amazing yet not so surprising that if he said he was for Trump this would be Trump’s fault and even when he clearly states he’s not a Trump supporter it’s still Trump’s fault?

I don’t blame Trump specifically. But it certainly appears that the Texas shooter was a Trump supporter, so your post here is either misinformed or disingenuous. And surely you see a connection between this killer’s apparent beliefs and President Trump’s anti- immigrant rhetoric? If one believes that Mexicans are sending rapists and murderers over the border to invade our country, isn’t this sort of thing an inevitable result? 

I don’t blame Trump specifically. But it certainly appears that the Texas shooter was a Trump supporter, so your post here is either misinformed or disingenuous. And surely you see a connection between this killer’s apparent beliefs and President Trump’s anti- immigrant rhetoric? If one believes that Mexicans are sending rapists and murderers over the border to invade our country, isn’t this sort of thing an inevitable result? 
No no, only @GoBirds has the correct intel that this dude was not only NOT a Trump supporter, but that he actually loved and welcome immigrants.

The rest of us are wrong. 

Isn’t it amazing yet not so surprising that if he said he was for Trump this would be Trump’s fault and even when he clearly states he’s not a Trump supporter it’s still Trump’s fault?
Yep, just like if he was Muslim it would be quickly tweeted about by POTUS and terrorism would be associated with the shooting.  Oh and liberals are making our country unsafe by offering sympathy to "those people"

I figured you would be one to try to take it this route, sad this is the routine everytime something like this happens. 

I figured you would be one to try to take it this route, sad this is the routine everytime something like this happens. 
When the president says we're being "invaded" and calls southern border immigrants rapist, murderers, and drug runners, most people can put two and two together.

But keep living in your fantasy land where Trump's hateful tweets have no impact on the psyche of his followers. 

Now we're not only a laughingstock to the rest of the world thanks to who a minority of the voters elected, he's also creating domestic terrorist who act with deadly violence based on his hateful rhetoric.

Thanks. 

“This attack is in response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas”. 
Let’s take this to the gun thread, read the second to last paragraph which I’m sure you are avoiding on purpose. His views predate Trump and his campaign and he put that in there knowing that many would attempt this. Sadly behavior like this proves what he says correct. 

Let’s take this to the gun thread, read the second to last paragraph which I’m sure you are avoiding on purpose. His views predate Trump and his campaign and he put that in there knowing that many would attempt this. 
I’m not avoiding anything. I have no idea what you’re referring to. Please be explicit. 

Users who are viewing this thread