What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (15 Viewers)

There are a lot of people who still believe that Mike Brown was murdered. The report by the Obama DOJ doesn’t mean they’re wrong; like the Trayvon Martin case, none of us who were not there actually KNOW what happened. 

If Warren believes that Brown was murdered, well, that’s her opinion and it has as much validity as anyone who disagrees with her. 

Personally I have no idea what happened to Mike Brown though I had questions I raised at the time. But because police in this country, and especially police in Ferguson, have a terrible reputation of institutionalized racism against young black men including numerous murders in the past, it doesn’t surprise me that any reasonable person would simply begin by assuming that this was just another example in that trend. 
Oh come on!  :lmao:

Now do Obama and all his golf and trips to Hawaii. 
Donald Trump’s presidential golf costs have topped $110 million in his 2 1/2 years in office – more than $4 million more than a conservative group’s estimate for predecessor Barack Obama’s total travel costs over two full terms.

Judicial Watch, a tax-exempt conservative group, in 2017 said that its tally of Obama’s travel costs based on documents obtained through Freedom of Information Act lawsuits had hit $105.7 million. That total, though, appears to include official trips of Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama, as well as some campaign-related travel that was partially reimbursed by the Democratic Party.

Trump’s $110.3 million total in HuffPost’s analysis is for travel to and from golf vacations, and does not include official or campaign travel. It is based on cost elements derived from a Government Accountability Office report released in January that detailed four Mar-a-Lago trips Trump took just weeks after entering office.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d45c72de4b0acb57fcd4eb8/amp

Wid, do you really not understand that Obama didn’t own any of the properties he visited? 
Trump having his own properties to hang out at on vacation is just a bonus on top of generously donating his salary to Health and Human Services. It makes Obama look like the free loading grifter he was.

Wid, do you really not understand that Obama didn’t own any of the properties he visited? 
Trump having his own properties to hang out at on vacation is just a bonus on top of generously donating his salary to Health and Human Services. It makes Obama look like the free loading grifter he was.
Obama played golf on military bases so that the taxpayers wouldn't get charged.

Trump plays golf on his own properties so that he can send a bill to the government to get reimbursed.

Except Trump charges the government...and makes money off of his trips.  Obama typically golfed on government owned property (like at Andrews).

To claim any of that makes Obama look like a free loader is laughable and illogical based on the facts.

There are a lot of people who still believe that Mike Brown was murdered. The report by the Obama DOJ doesn’t mean they’re wrong; like the Trayvon Martin case, none of us who were not there actually KNOW what happened. 

If Warren believes that Brown was murdered, well, that’s her opinion and it has as much validity as anyone who disagrees with her. 

Personally I have no idea what happened to Mike Brown though I had questions I raised at the time. But because police in this country, and especially police in Ferguson, have a terrible reputation of institutionalized racism against young black men including numerous murders in the past, it doesn’t surprise me that any reasonable person would simply begin by assuming that this was just another example in that trend. 
It absolutely means they are wrong. There isn’t one poster besides you on this forum taking this position  There was no racism, there was no “hands up don’t shoot” with Mike Brown getting shot in the back. The whole investigation disproves your entire post. 

Obama taking vacations per the norm on the public dime is freeloader grifting.

Trump spending a quarter to a fifth of his presidency on vacation at his own properties and profiting tens to hundreds of millions in public money into his pocket is a "bonus."

Got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama taking vacations per the norm on the public dime is freeloader grifting.

Trump spending a quarter to a fifth of his presidency on vacation at his own properties and profiting tens to hundreds of millions in public money into his pocket is a "bonus."

Got it.
I am interested in the bolded. I did some searches and read a few articles but I couldn’t find this estimate.  I know you’re pretty good about using stats. Where does this one come from?

I am interested in the bolded. I did some searches and read a few articles but I couldn’t find this estimate.  I know you’re pretty good about using stats. Where does this one come from?
I’ll follow up if you like but MileHigh has this number - 110 mill - just above. Actually the stat I was focused on is the 1/4-1/5th. I think one number (1/5) includes days or weekends golfing, the other (1/4) is time spent on his own properties.

I'm not against the president golfing or taking time off, but draw the line congratulating him for donating 400k when his business are making 10s of millions off of it.

Now do Obama and all his golf and trips to Hawaii. 
Come on guys, Trump said he wouldn't have time to golf, so this has to be all fake news.  Plus Hanity said Obama spent too much time in Hawaii, this HAD to cost way more than anything Trump has done (wasted).  And he's donating his salary, nothing to see here!

It absolutely means they are wrong. There isn’t one poster besides you on this forum taking this position  There was no racism, there was no “hands up don’t shoot” with Mike Brown getting shot in the back. The whole investigation disproves your entire post. 
It doesn’t mean they are wrong. I really could care less if nobody agrees with me. It’s happened before and will again (damn I sound like a cylon!) 

Of course there was racism involved. Maybe in the shooting, maybe not, don’t know. Certainly in the reaction to it by a lot of white people. Certainly in the way that particular police force (and so many others) treat young black men. 

I'm not against the president golfing or taking time off, but draw the line congratulating him for donating 400k when his business are making 10s of millions off of it.
Im not against it either.  Im against any president profiting from golf or vacation.  And think its also fair to call out his hypocrisy given his statements about the previous President 

Pretending like his presidency is benefiting his brand is pretty funny......the amount of liberals that now boycott his brand has to be staggering.  

Pretending like his presidency is benefiting his brand is pretty funny......the amount of liberals that now boycott his brand has to be staggering.  
Offset by what he charges the taxpayers for golf, and events at his properties.  And the increase in fees at his properties now that he is President.

Trademarks and contracts for Ivanka from China...?

I can't see Sho posts anymore....does he still follow me around? :popcorn:
He’s arguing your point, which is what we’re supposed to be doing here. 

I think the whole discussion is pretty silly myself. Trump can play as much golf as he wants, I don’t care. He can profit from being the President as much as he is wants as well; so long as he doesn’t break any laws and there’s no quid pro quo I don’t care about that either. And if you and other fans of his want to tell yourselves and others that his Presidency has been a tremendous act of self-sacrifice because he cares so much about this country, have at it. 

None of this has anything to do with whether or not Donald Trump is an effective and good President. 

He’s arguing your point, which is what we’re supposed to be doing here. 

I think the whole discussion is pretty silly myself. Trump can play as much golf as he wants, I don’t care. He can profit from being the President as much as he is wants as well; so long as he doesn’t break any laws and there’s no quid pro quo I don’t care about that either. And if you and other fans of his want to tell yourselves and others that his Presidency has been a tremendous act of self-sacrifice because he cares so much about this country, have at it. 

None of this has anything to do with whether or not Donald Trump is an effective and good President. 
I’m flattered by his commitment. 

Regarding Trump, you can’t truly feel the financial benefit from this presidency is a net positive overall?

I’m flattered by his commitment. 

Regarding Trump, you can’t truly feel the financial benefit from this presidency is a net positive overall?
I don't care what anyone feels  - have you seen any studies on this? I'd be interested.

For example, I would never stay at a Trump hotel. And I'm sure there are other people out there like that too. 

But the flip side are all those days spent at his resort, the increased membership fees at his clubs, the merchandise he sells, and all increased traffic/favors foreign governments to to create favor with Trump.

I'd be curious how those are balanced.

I don't care what anyone feels  - have you seen any studies on this? I'd be interested.

For example, I would never stay at a Trump hotel. And I'm sure there are other people out there like that too. 

But the flip side are all those days spent at his resort, the increased membership fees at his clubs, the merchandise he sells, and all increased traffic/favors foreign governments to to create favor with Trump.

I'd be curious how those are balanced.
I don't care whether he loses overall business because of his  attitudes and words and politics.

I find it laughable to want to praise him for taking no salary with what his trips appear to have cost beyond what Obama (and other Presidents) spent over entire terms...and again especially because of his own words about Obamas vacations and golf.

A President’s salary is pennies to what they make after being in office.  Even someone as poor of an actual speaker as Trump will command high dollar if he wants after he leaves office.

“We have a lot of great people over at state run media...

https://twitter.com/anacabrera/status/1163234028478238722?s=21
Though there is a troubling revolving door between Fox News and the white house, I think he meant it in a collective 'Republican/rightwing' sense, not that Trump handpicks the on-air talent at Fox. 

But really, this is pretty trivial nonsense.  CNN/MSNBC will snap right into state run media the second Trump decides he wants to do a war, just like they did with Iraq.  They are all Trump networks now- one's the antiTrump network, one's the partially antiTrump network, and the other is the proTrump network.  But they're not real news organizations.  

No. It’s been a positive short term result. In terms of long term, increasing the debt in order to gain short term prosperity can’t be a good thing IMO. And we’ll see how long it lasts, it might be ending already. 

But even if it lasts a long time, it’s still not a net positive for me. The other stuff he does bothers me way too much. Not worth the price, Uncle Faust. 

OK, but that looks like total costs. I was looking for revenue paid directly to his resorts.
You're right, I was misreading USG costs as revenues to Trump.

He made $1.6 million off the US government from his trips alone through the first half of 2017.

- The government hasn't provided information past that. (most of the records available about government spending date to the first half of 2017 — covering just the first few months of Trump’s presidency so far).

- He has had 126 trips to his own properties. Considering the 1.6 mill was for the first few months and the trips have continued apace I don't think it's unreasonable to say the total number must be in the $10 million + range by now. I don't know if that includes associated spending like this either. the Huffpo stiory says that the GAO reported that 4 visits at Maralago resulted in $60,000 for Secret Service related charges alone.

- A third of his fundraisers have been at his properties.

This obviously is just his trips alone, that doesn't include fundraisers, state events, GOP party and GOP linked events, US government spending, or foreign government spending at his properties. - eta - Or other official events like this one this weekend with Apple.

Far be it from me to defend this guy, but if you watch the video a little further down it looks like he sees the camera and pulls her close while making the kiss face, more like a pose than harassment. It’s cuts out pretty quickly after that though. But, if Al Franken resigned for it, potus probably should too. 
I'm not claiming anything about harassment, that's just him taking time out to cater to a Maga themed wedding at one of his own properties. - I'll add that apparently that was the night after the El Paso shooting. Trump did not emerge to make a personal statement until arriving in DC on Monday morning.

I don't think this means what you think it means.

:shrug:

Looks like proper usage to me  

refute

verb

re·fute | \ ri-ˈfyüt  \

refuted; refuting

Definition of refute

transitive verb

1: to prove wrong by argument or evidence : show to be false or erroneous

2: to deny the truth or accuracy of refuted the allegations

Users who are viewing this thread