What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (15 Viewers)

And the mods never notice.   If he wasn’t so entertaining, he’d be on ignore.  
The mods don't notice what?  That I ask questions?  Why would they notice that?

Also...I don't think the mods care that I don't answer the questions of someone I have told I won't respond to them.  Though, perhaps that person at some point will get the picture that I won't ever respond.  I won't hold my breath though.  And before Im asked what this has to do with the topic...Id ask the same of your post about me or their posts about me...Im only responding to your assertion here.

Sure...its transparency into his real thoughts.

But how are falsehoods with nobody questioning him or holding him accountable for those words...how is that transparency in light of not holding press conferences or answering actual questions?
Twitter allow EVERYONE access to President Trump.  He is the most accessible and transparent leader in world history.  

Also...I don't think the mods care that I don't answer the questions of someone I have told I won't respond to them.  Though, perhaps that person at some point will get the picture that I won't ever respond.  I won't hold my breath though.  And before Im asked what this has to do with the topic...Id ask the same of your post about me or their posts about me...Im only responding to your assertion here.
Go Birds has told you he won't answer your questions.  You continue to ask.  Don't be a hypocrite.  Everyone sees through your nonsense.

So just so we understand, because you don’t like a poster you won’t answer their questions but you DEMAND they answer your questions?

Seems one-sided.  

As much as I criticize @tonydead and @Ramblin Wreck from time to time, they have never been Trump supporters. My impression is that they are generally conservative, and that they often take umbrage at what they consider to be over the top attacks against Trump, largely because they perceive them to be attacks against conservatism in general (if I am incorrect about any of this you guys can correct me.) 
Tim, seriously, what is the difference between defending Trump's every action or being a supporter? It is a distinction without a difference as far as the end result is concerned.

Twitter allow EVERYONE access to President Trump.  He is the most accessible and transparent leader in world history.  
This is where I would disagree.  It allows you access to what he says only.  That isn't access or transparency as the administration does not take questions.  The lack of actual press conferences and taking questions like that seems to show the opposite of this is true.

But thanks for attempting to answer.

So just so we understand, because you don’t like a poster you won’t answer their questions but you DEMAND they answer your questions?

Seems one-sided.  
No.  I don't demand those posters answer my questions at all.  And it has nothing to do with "not liking" a poster.

:goodposting:

Another great example of behavior of the other option. 
Except you have responded to me over and over and over again.  A large difference between that and me not actually ever responding to people. If you quit responding and actually ignore me as you claim rather than how you have responded...I would not follow you around for years hoping you finally pay attention to me.

Except you have responded to me over and over and over again.  A large difference between that and me not actually ever responding to people. If you quit responding and actually ignore me as you claim rather than how you have responded...I would not follow you around for years hoping you finally pay attention to me.
#SAD

Just stay down. 

Again, please stop quoting me I have no interest in your way of “discussing”. 

This is where I would disagree.  It allows you access to what he says only.  That isn't access or transparency as the administration does not take questions.  The lack of actual press conferences and taking questions like that seems to show the opposite of this is true.

But thanks for attempting to answer.
He does not trust the people sitting in that room at a press conference.  He wants to bypass their filtering and manipulation of his message to the people.  Recent history proves he has legitimate reasons to not trust the press.  His alternative is to go straight to the people in real time as events are happening.  Sometimes I wish he had more restraint with what he posts but I understand the reason why he uses Twitter.  

He does not trust the people sitting in that room at a press conference.  He wants to bypass their filtering and manipulation of his message to the people.  Recent history proves he has legitimate reasons to not trust the press.  His alternative is to go straight to the people in real time as events are happening.  Sometimes I wish he had more restraint with what he posts but I understand the reason why he uses Twitter.  
But his message is often untruthful...that is why I question the transparency.  His lack of trust appears to be caused by them reporting his actual words and actions and questioning him (sounds familiar).  I get why he uses twitter too...but it has little to do with being transparent.  Its because he can control the narrative without questions or accountability.

Do you have a legitimate question related to the thread topic?  If so, what is the question. 
Note to file:

Save this quote for future reference for any thread where Hell Toupee doesn't ask a legitimate question related to the thread topic.

squistion said:
Note to file:

Save this quote for future reference for any thread where Hell Toupee doesn't ask a legitimate question related to the thread topic.
The irony is delicious.  The trump gang have spent the entire page of this thread patting each other on the back and not discussing the thread topic.  

You have:  

1/17: 3.3% growth for college degreed 

5/19: 3.9% growth for college degreed. 
You're joking right?  Your "proof" that better jobs are being created now is a whole 0.6% change in growth over two + years in the category that has nothing to do with the jobs in the original claim of so many better paying manufacturing jobs.

Can't make this level of dis ingenuity up folks.  No one would believe it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggesting that Trump is “transparent” because he talks to the people directly on Twitter is not at all compelling.  An administration that refuses to answer questions about its decision making and policies is not at all transparent.  It is the opposite, in fact.  

Trump’s justification (“I don’t trust the media”) is also laughable and very convenient for a guy that is a habitual liar.  If he isn’t required to answer questions, he can lie with impunity because he has conditioned his followers to believe anything he says and reject anyone that questions or tests him.  

Authoritarianism 101.   

Wage growth is at near historic lows in the US, and it's been stagnant under Trump.  If your claim that the jobs being created under Trump are of much higher quality, I would have expected wages to start trending up.  

ETA: https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2019/real-average-hourly-earnings-up-1-point-3-percent-from-may-2018-to-may-2019.htm
From your own link:

Real average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls increased 1.3 percent from May 2018 to May 2019. Before adjusting for the increase in consumer prices, average hourly earnings rose 3.1 percent from May 2018 to May 2019. The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers rose 1.8 percent over this period.

One can argue the growth is 3.1%.  

From your own link:

Real average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls increased 1.3 percent from May 2018 to May 2019. Before adjusting for the increase in consumer prices, average hourly earnings rose 3.1 percent from May 2018 to May 2019. The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers rose 1.8 percent over this period.

One can argue the growth is 3.1%.  
Other than the last 10 years that’s horrible.

He’s a very underrated troll who rarely brings anything meaningful to the table. At least in my opinion, I could be wrong but I doubt it, I really doubt it.
There are so many of them that it’s hard to tell them apart. The fact that none of them have original thoughts also makes it difficult to differentiate them. They are like tribbles from Star Trek.  

How do you reconcile this statement with Trump's statements (and I'm assuming you have made them too) that this is the greatest economy this country has ever seen?  Adjusting for the CPI, there have been a couple periods in Trump's presidency of negative wage growth.  Even if you don't adjust for the CPI, 3.1% is historically awful.
He’s a magician.  Give him 4 more years and watch out

Like Trump said,  he inherited a mess.  Can’t make chicken salad out of chicken #### in 2 years while facing historic levels of obstruction.   
So 8 years after narrowly avoiding a worldwide recession, with 6 years of positive, albeit slow, growth and unemployment falling from 10% to 4.8%, Trump inherited a mess?

Are you sure that even makes sense?  Oh, maybe the stock market sucked...oh wait, it doubled in the 8 years.

Like Trump said,  he inherited a mess.  Can’t make chicken salad out of chicken #### in 2 years while facing historic levels of obstruction.   
Well let’s discuss this. President Trump IMO deserves some credit for the current economic boom. He helped this along by cutting taxes and more importantly cutting regulations across the board. The latter usually results in quick economic surges. 

But at the same time Trump has done long term damage to the economy IMO. At the same time that he cut taxes he increased spending, which both liberal and conservative economists will tell you leads to eventual disaster. Conservatives in particular should find this of concern as it goes against their philosophy of how government should work. 

More importantly: I believe that President Trump’s pulling the US out of the proposed Trans Pacific Partnership and the Paris Accords will have long term catastrophic consequences for the economic well being of this country. We will not see the results of this for a decade or so, long after Trump is out of office. But once China begins to dominate Asian trade over time, along with the new trade that will result from the technologies created by the rest of the world to combat climate change, we will be in serious trouble. I hope I’m wrong. 

knowledge dropper said:
Claims that come up magically after 25 years from someone trying to sell a book the week Trump has his re-election rally seems too convenient.  Sorry just being realistic as are most people.  
Truly is amazing how low Trump requires his supporters to go.

Well let’s discuss this. President Trump IMO deserves some credit for the current economic boom. He helped this along by cutting taxes and more importantly cutting regulations across the board. The latter usually results in quick economic surges. 

But at the same time Trump has done long term damage to the economy IMO. At the same time that he cut taxes he increased spending, which both liberal and conservative economists will tell you leads to eventual disaster. Conservatives in particular should find this of concern as it goes against their philosophy of how government should work. 
When? We hit 1T, 35 years ago or so. Now we are at 22T. I've seen that song and dance now for 3 decades and we roll right along. Bottom line is it doesn't matter anymore because the debt will ALWAYS go up so who cares if it goes up by 500 B a year or 1T a year? Is there a magic number in yours or anyone's head that when we hit it, the USA falls apart?

When? We hit 1T, 35 years ago or so. Now we are at 22T. I've seen that song and dance now for 3 decades and we roll right along. Bottom line is it doesn't matter anymore because the debt will ALWAYS go up so who cares if it goes up by 500 B a year or 1T a year? Is there a magic number in yours or anyone's head that when we hit it, the USA falls apart?
I don't know. I would imagine it happens when the monthly or annual amount needed for debt payments comes to dominate all expenses that the government pays for. But you'd have to ask an economist when that happens. 

The magic number is when the cost to service that debt becomes a big enough component of the federal budget (it's like 7% now) that critical services like the military or social security need to be curtailed because there's just not enough money.  And if we borrow and borrow and borrow and our credit rating gets lowered, that debt service will go up significantly.  Like any household/company, debt payments not related to increasing investment are an anchor on your overall potential.

The magic number is when the cost to service that debt becomes a big enough component of the federal budget (it's like 7% now) that critical services like the military or social security need to be curtailed because there's just not enough money.  And if we borrow and borrow and borrow and our credit rating gets lowered, that debt service will go up significantly.  Like any household/company, debt payments not related to increasing investment are an anchor on your overall potential.
Thanks. This is what I was trying to say.

Now of course, if we can grow the economy then that percent gets smaller. But then the question is how to grow the economy?

Users who are viewing this thread