Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

25 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I know you feel this way. It’s not going to happen. Even if everyone agreed with you on this it would still be too costly to round up and deport 10-15 million people. Surely you realize this. 

So the question then becomes, what do we do about them that would benefit us? Not benefit them, but benefit you and me? I believe the answer is to make them legal, make them start paying into the system more than they are now. 

How about this Tim, we build a big wall where feasible, have electronic monitoring where it’s not, deport those that have been here for less than a period of time then talk about who gets to stay.  Oh and I’d like for us to change the policy and allow us to determine what we need and only allow that type of person in. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

18 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

How about this Tim, we build a big wall where feasible, have electronic monitoring where it’s not, deport those that have been here for less than a period of time then talk about who gets to stay.  Oh and I’d like for us to change the policy and allow us to determine what we need and only allow that type of person in. 

No I can’t agree. Particularly on your last point as it would change the nature of what this country is supposed to be about and would destroy our exceptionalism. 

4 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Hilary has added more to Trump’s campaign over the past four years than any Vice President could ever hope to achieve.  

Love the work Hillary is doing lately. She’s out trashing Bernie and the bros today and saying they are especially mean to women candidates. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Show your work then. 

I thought I did. Undocumented immigrants aren’t going anywhere. Right now they don’t use doctors unless they get really sick, then they go to ER which ends up costing us more. If they catch public health risk diseases like tuberculosis by the time we find out it costs us thousands of dollars to treat them rather than the pennies it would cost to inoculate them. Which again costs us more if they’re NOT included. 

But here’s the most important thing- they’re young. They don’t need doctors the way older folks do. If they are allowed to purchase insurance under some form of Obamacare (not Medicare for All), they actually bring your costs down, not up. And if we give them legal status, your costs go WAY down as a result. From an economic perspective, amnesty is a no brainer. 

43 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I thought I did. Undocumented immigrants aren’t going anywhere. Right now they don’t use doctors unless they get really sick, then they go to ER which ends up costing us more. If they catch public health risk diseases like tuberculosis by the time we find out it costs us thousands of dollars to treat them rather than the pennies it would cost to inoculate them. Which again costs us more if they’re NOT included. 

But here’s the most important thing- they’re young. They don’t need doctors the way older folks do. If they are allowed to purchase insurance under some form of Obamacare (not Medicare for All), they actually bring your costs down, not up. And if we give them legal status, your costs go WAY down as a result. From an economic perspective, amnesty is a no brainer. 

Bruh, they bring TB here. They don’t catch it here. It was all but eradicated here until recently.  Than again so was the Black Death that is until the left took over cities like SF and turned it into the SH it now is. Now there’s real talk of diseases like that making a comeback.   Thanks Bernie!  

Edited by boots11234
45 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Love the work Hillary is doing lately. She’s out trashing Bernie and the bros today and saying they are especially mean to women candidates. 

Was going to post this, wonder what the real reason is for the Bernie hate?  Typically if the left doesn’t like something I’m all for it.

21 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

Bruh, they bring TB here. They don’t catch it here. It was all but eradicated here until recently.  Than again so was the Black Death that is until the left took over cities like SF and turned it into the SH it now is. Now there’s real talk of diseases like that making a comeback.   Thanks Bernie!  

"San Francisco...it's no Minnesota!"

32 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

Bruh, they bring TB here.  

The part you seem to refuse to accept is this: they’re here, they’re not going anywhere, more are coming, there’s no way to stop it. 

You need to accept the reality of this. Once you do then we can try and figure out what to do about those who are here. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Flawed logic and a big reason Obamacare failed.  You are right..they are young and therefore they think they will live forever.

They dont buy insurance..because they are young and think they will live forever.  Even Obama's mandate did not motivate younger folks to buy the health care.  Only the sick buy it, because they need it, and WHAMMO...costs go up.

Just now, supermike80 said:

Flawed logic and a big reason Obamacare failed.  You are right..they are young and therefore they think they will live forever.

They dont buy insurance..because they are young and think they will live forever.  Even Obama's mandate did not motivate younger folks to buy the health care.  Only the sick buy it, because they need it, and WHAMMO...costs go up.

Trade them amnesty in exchange for buying insurance. Trust me they’ll sign up then. 

36 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

There have been reported cases of the Black Death in SF? I would have thought that would have been a major news story, but perhaps it has been overshadowed by all the excitement over 49ers in the Super Bowl.  

Just now, GoBirds said:

An Iranian lawmaker offered a $3 million reward to anyone who killed U.S. President Donald Trump and said Iran could avoid threats if it had nuclear arms, ISNA news agency reported on Tuesday amid Tehran's latest standoff with Washington.

Iran has extremist hard liners, and they have genuine terrorist sleeper cells. The standing Executive Order against US conducting killings of foreign officials partly exists because of the concern not only about starting wars but asymmetrical threats like this. It's not hard to imagine that when the US starts doing this that other countries will as well, especially outlaw nations like Iran and North Korea. It was surely part and parcel of Trump' decision making in killing Soleimani so I'm sure the administration is prepared for it.

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Iran has extremist hard liners, and they have genuine terrorist sleeper cells. The standing Executive Order against US conducting killings of foreign officials partly exists because of the concern not only about starting wars but asymmetrical threats like this. It's not hard to imagine that when the US starts doing this that other countries will as well, especially outlaw nations like Iran and North Korea. It was surely part and parcel of Trump' decision making in killing Soleimani so I'm sure the administration is prepared for it.

Figured some of the regs would try to justify it, let’s keep that talk out of here please. There are plenty of other threads with that behavior. 

Edited by GoBirds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Figured some of the regs would try to justify it, let’s keep that talk out of here please. 

That was a defense of Trump. Absolutely not - Iran is acting illegally. It's Trump's own Executive Order and the original was put in place in the 1970s for just this reason. I'm just saying that Trump likely included it in his calculus in the attack on Soleimani and the other attacks on IRGC and PMF senior leadership. TIA

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Thinking 1
9 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Yes, such an environmentalist he did specifically commit to this initiative and just talked in general terms. It is probably as likely as happening as the wall being built.

From the above link:

President Trump announced the United States will join a 1 trillion trees initiative launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

The initiative encourages countries to collectively plant 1 trillion trees to absorb carbon dioxide in order to combat climate change.

Trump, a skeptic of climate change, did not mention it in his remarks at the Davos summit Tuesday, instead speaking generally about the importance of better managing trees and forests.

"We're committed to conserving the majesty of God’s creation and the natural beauty of our world," Trump said, adding that the U.S. "will continue to show strong leadership in restoring, growing, and better managing our trees and our forests."

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, such an environmentalist he did specifically commit to this initiative and just talked in general terms. It is probably as likely as happening as the wall being built.

From the above link:

President Trump announced the United States will join a 1 trillion trees initiative launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

The initiative encourages countries to collectively plant 1 trillion trees to absorb carbon dioxide in order to combat climate change.

Trump, a skeptic of climate change, did not mention it in his remarks at the Davos summit Tuesday, instead speaking generally about the importance of better managing trees and forests.

"We're committed to conserving the majesty of God’s creation and the natural beauty of our world," Trump said, adding that the U.S. "will continue to show strong leadership in restoring, growing, and better managing our trees and our forests."

Maybe you should volunteer your yard for planting, just to make sure he keeps his end of the deal?

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Good luck this week fellas.  I think there is going to be a lot of outrage that will spill over here.

Schumer is already complaining and justifying their loss. 

That guy needs to start addressing the senate in a tiara. 

• Laughing 2
18 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Good luck this week fellas.  I think there is going to be a lot of outrage that will spill over here.

Baseless and phony outrage. This is a complete nothing burger in the first place so I’m not concerned. I’m sure the dead enders will come over here and mouth breath though. That’s really not different from any other day. 

• Like 2

:crickets: from the media 

Geraldo Rivera@GerladoRivera

??? for reporters who passionately condemned @realDonaldTrump for heartless inaction in the face of Puerto Rico’s hurricane disaster: Have you followed up w parade of corruption & fraud indictments? & resignations of local officials? & how about that never distributed warehouse?

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

We should start betting on what scandal/lie Democrats will create next when Trump is not voted out from Senate. Anyone have any guesses?

I think Bongino said it is going to be Turkey next. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I'm sure the mods will keep it under control. We all know what this political stunt is. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Dude, the other side doesnt even  understand 'Alpha' .  They dont even understand that scientifically there are only two sexes. reporter fired.  Yet we are the ones who dont believe in science.  

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Weebs210 said:

We should start betting on what scandal/lie Democrats will create next when Trump is not voted out from Senate. Anyone have any guesses?

Serious question, do you think there's one Democrat in the country who thinks the Senate is going to vote to remove Trump from office? I have never heard a single one.  The Dems aren't foolish enough to think that 67 Senators will vote for removal. They just want the American citizens (the voters) to hear the actual evidence. That's why they're pushing to get witnesses. If the public hears that Parnas and Yovanovich and the rest were dead-on with thei testimony and this whole thing was a filthy extortion attempt, it is going the GREATLY affect the 2020 election. But certainly not the GOP Senators. Their votes are already predetermined.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
26 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Serious question, do you think there's one Democrat in the country who thinks the Senate is going to vote to remove Trump from office? I have never heard a single one.  The Dems aren't foolish enough to think that 67 Senators will vote for removal. They just want the American citizens (the voters) to hear the actual evidence. That's why they're pushing to get witnesses. If the public hears that Parnas and Yovanovich and the rest were dead-on with thei testimony and this whole thing was a filthy extortion attempt, it is going the GREATLY affect the 2020 election. But certainly not the GOP Senators. Their votes are already predetermined.

I agree the constant witch hunting will have a huge impact on the 2020 election. America is tired of the way Democrats are acting and will vote Trump again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Weebs210 said:

I agree the constant witch hunting will have a huge impact on the 2020 election. America is tired of the way Democrats are acting and will vote Trump again.

Kind of figure you'd dodge my question.  carry on.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Seems they had plenty of witnesses in the house, none of the Republican ones but whatever.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

according to this there are at least two.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/782363-percent-chance-you-think-trump-will-be-impeached-removed-12219/

25 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

Seems they had plenty of witnesses in the house, none of the Republican ones but whatever.

Yes, because Trump refused to allow them to testify. Hmm, why do you think that might be?

28 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Never gets old. :lmao:

Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of this... and also Trump being inaugurated... but mainly this.

https://twitter.com/timrunshismouth/status/1219644660211240960?s=21

Can you imagine being or marrying this woman or whatever pronouns she uses cuz we know she has preferred ones.  I can guarantee one thing, whoever it is is not an Alpha. 

Edited by boots11234
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place