What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (11 Viewers)

Once again it’s amazing how many anti Trump people are posting in this thread.
I've seen pro Trump people post on other candidate threads, so this statement sounds a bit hypocritical. Second, what's so awful about differing opinions? That's how we learn. It's uncomfortable, sure, but not learning means not growing, and we're either growing or dying.

They're starving for Trump supporters to attack in the impeachment thread so its leaking out over here. They are even second guessing themselves for running off Noonan. 
An echo chamber has to get boring when the real world results are different from your wild claims and no one is interested in arguing with you. No one is learning anything from their repetitive Trump bashing, it's a complete waste of time. 

ETA I guess the one thing I am learning is they represent a party I want no part of. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen pro Trump people post on other candidate threads, so this statement sounds a bit hypocritical. Second, what's so awful about differing opinions? That's how we learn. It's uncomfortable, sure, but not learning means not growing, and we're either growing or dying.
Differing opinions are fine. Posts like the ones Dickies and others continually posts are not fine. Take your shots at Trump and his supporters to the countless anti-Trump threads here.

Exactly. If opposing or differing opinions are not allowed, then all you have is a propaganda or cheerleading thread. 

I'm going to allow posts like this in this thread.

The fact that I'm responding to a January 6 post tells you that I don't come in here very often. It's not a thread I pay close attention to. I prefer threads about gun buyback programs, which means I'm not going to monitor this thread all that closely.

John Blutarky's post above makes a good point. It's true that he's playing board cop, which is generally not allowed, but if the moderators aren't going to play board cop in this one thread, maybe other people should.

So in this thread, I will not suspend any board-cop posts from pro-Trump (or anti-Dem) posters.

To everyone else: please don't force pro-Trump (or anti-Dem) posters to have to play board cop in here with you. Just be cool and don't bicker or provoke or incite or instigate. In short, don't stir the pot. Thanks.
:goodposting:

Dickies posts here are meant to stir the pot. If you don’t see that then I’m not sure what to say.
I'm not defending Dickies, for what it's worth, I don't much care for just stirring the pot or trolling. However, I and other people have posted in here just offering a dissenting opinion, and we're promptly told to leave. If that happened to you or other regulars here in an "anti-Trump" thread, that poster would probably start screaming their head off.

Now, that said, there is still a chance for civil discourse everywhere on this board, but shouting down a dissenter isn't going to help anybody.

I'm not defending Dickies, for what it's worth, I don't much care for just stirring the pot or trolling. However, I and other people have posted in here just offering a dissenting opinion, and we're promptly told to leave. If that happened to you or other regulars here in an "anti-Trump" thread, that poster would probably start screaming their head off.

Now, that said, there is still a chance for civil discourse everywhere on this board, but shouting down a dissenter isn't going to help anybody.
Have you seen how Trump supporters that dissent in the other threads are treated? 

Have you seen how Trump supporters that dissent in the other threads are treated? 
From what I've seen, they're engaged, asked to prove any claims they make, and if/when they don't, pretty much ignored. Granted, that's just my view.

In reference to Lemon(no sense double posting), that wasn't a good move on his part, but it is curious that a large number of people choose to believe a man who has made over 15,000 false claims since 2016. Again, and this is just my view here, unless/until any person starts making valid statements and claims, I'm not going to believe anything they say on its own.

CNN Don Lemon panel faces intense backlash for mocking Trump supporters as illiterate 'credulous rubes'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-don-lemon-wajahat-ali-rick-wilson
Trump is tweeting about this:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 9h9 hours ago

Don Lemon, the dumbest man on television (with terrible ratings!).

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1222028267865223170

Interesting that he attacked Don Lemon, but not Rick Wilson (who was the one who actually insulted him, or rather his supporters). 

Trump is tweeting about this:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 9h9 hours ago

Don Lemon, the dumbest man on television (with terrible ratings!).

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1222028267865223170

Interesting that he attacked Don Lemon, but not Rick Wilson (who was the one who actually insulted him). 
“As Lemon began crying with tears of laughter, Wilson went on to depict what he thought a typical Trump supporter sounded like.”

Yes, but he was not the one who disparaged Trump supporters, it was Rick Wilson - and to single out Lemon for laughing but not mention Wilson at all just seems odd to me.  :shrug:
Not really.  It’s Lemon’s Show.  He is responsible for content.  Is this a dog-whistle on your part?  If so, go ahead and say what I think you are insinuating.....

Anyhow President Trump is meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu this morning (who was just indicted) to announce the new Mideast Peace Plan. 

In other news, former Trump chief of staff John Kelly says “John Bolton is a man of honor; I believe him.” 

Careful GB, I got 8 days for calling this an echo chamber
I didn’t know that was a bad word, I’ll edit it. Hard to follow what’s allowed and when. Based on the amount of  :fishing: allowed in here seems like this thread gets ignored but I modified to be safe. 

Users who are viewing this thread