What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (15 Viewers)

I don’t get why the Democrats don’t at least clap if not stand when the President announced record low unemployment for minorities. It would seem to me that they have minorities in their districts. Are they not happy about them working?  

Perhaps one of the resident leftie lurkers in this thread can answer this for me. 
They have a syndrome. 

I don’t get why the Democrats don’t at least clap if not stand when the President announced record low unemployment for minorities. It would seem to me that they have minorities in their districts. Are they not happy about them working?  

Perhaps one of the resident leftie lurkers in this thread can answer this for me. 
Oh now you want dialogue in here :lol:  just kidding.

As a moderate lefty I’ll provide my take.

I thought these things always kind of go like this. One side goes nuts other side just sits there. I’d have to go back and look.

If it were me I’d clap for generic stuff that is good for the nation and just sit there when more questionable promises or statements are being made.

Probably didn’t help when Trump prefaced all the numbers by saying HE saved us from financial ruin when he has just continued to ride what was left him. Probably is a way to be a little more respectful for the hand that he was dealt and still take credit for continued good numbers. We all know that’s not his style and everything is hyperbole, greatest ever yada yada.

There also is an argument that some would make that they don’t see him as a legitimate at this point so no applause.

My 2 cents why they didn’t clap. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You know the drill, when things are good it’s because of Obama. But when something is bad blame Trump.
This is the only place they can say it and not have someone LOL. Who would have thought the Iowa disaster and approval jumping 10% from *Impeachment would line up like this. Rough week for them. 

This is the only place they can say it and not have someone LOL. Who would have thought the Iowa disaster and approval jumping 10% from *Impeachment would line up like this. Rough week for them. 
It was only last year we were going to slip into a recession because of Trump’s bad tariffs and trade policies Democrats and the media told us. Of course that didn’t happen and the economy is roaring and the stock market is almost at 30k. And now they say Trump is.....taking credit for piggybacking on Obama’s economy.  

Unsurprisingly we never had that recession Democrats and the media promised us,
Hey I’m willing to be realistic about that, but I think you should be realistic about the blowhard extravaganza that risked instability, killed AG markets Americans created and built, and which put our proudest farmers on welfare. It’s the sort of thing we should let lie rather than get into it.

Oh now you want dialogue in here :lol:  just kidding.

As a moderate lefty I’ll provide my take.

I thought these things always kind of go like this. One side goes nuts other side just sits there. I’d have to go back and look.

If it were me I’d clap for generic stuff that is good for the nation and just sit there when more questionable promises or statements are being made.

Probably didn’t help when Trump prefaced all the numbers by saying HE saved us from financial ruin when he has just continued to ride what was left him. Probably is a way to be a little more respectful for the hand that he was dealt and still take credit for continued good numbers. We all know that’s not his style and everything is hyperbole, greatest ever yada yada.

There also is an argument that some would make that they don’t see him as a legitimate at this point so no applause.

My 2 cents why they didn’t clap. 
I’ll bite.  Please unpack this one. 

Well the guy who did it apologized immediately while Pelosi defended it.   And to use the word “silently” is more than slightly disingenuous, she tore it up on live TV with more than 35 million watching. 
It's disingenuous to say she didn't speak as she did it?  She didn't, so it's just the truth.  One guy yelled, she didn't say a word.

I'll never really understand how deep the citizenry must have resented liberal-style identity politics and yet were so quiet about it for so long. His numbers are up after impeachment?

Must have been a real silent majority this time.

I'll never really understand how deep the citizenry must have resented liberal-style identity politics and yet were so quiet about it for so long. His numbers are up after impeachment?

Must have been a real silent majority this time.
Your average common sense thinking person doesn’t argue with loons on Twitter. Just because one side screams louder doesn’t mean they have the numbers.  Most people keep their opinions to themselves and go about their lives.  

Your average common sense thinking person doesn’t argue with loons on Twitter. Just because one side screams louder doesn’t mean they have the numbers.  Most people keep their opinions to themselves and go about their lives.  
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I'm not talking recent. I'm talking as far back as the seventies, when radical identity politics became very much entrenched in the Democratic Party.

It's disingenuous to say she didn't speak as she did it?  She didn't, so it's just the truth.  One guy yelled, she didn't say a word.
So if someone yells “I’m going to punch you in the face!” Or PUNCHES you in the Face, which one has more impact?  
FYI I’m done with this you’re being obtuse or don’t have a firm grasp of language. 

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I'm not talking recent. I'm talking as far back as the seventies, when radical identity politics became very much entrenched in the Democratic Party.
Got it.  I’d hope that is changing as more groups realize they are just being used by a Democrat Party that could care less about actually improving their lives.  

So if someone yells “I’m going to punch you in the face!” Or PUNCHES you in the Face, which one has more impact?  
FYI I’m done with this you’re being obtuse or don’t have a firm grasp of language. 
Yeah, tearing some paper and setting it down is the same as punching someone.  And totally worse than interrupting a speech millions of people are watching.  Both were inappropriate, enough said.  Her actions were not unprecedented is all I was saying.

Let’s not let this YUGE compliment from one of our finest elder statesmen go under the radar.  

Senator Bob Dole (@SenatorDole)

2/5/20, 11:30 AM

.⁦‪@POTUS‬⁩ really hit a home run last night. In my 36+ years serving in Congress, I heard quite a few #SOTU  addresses. This was one of the best.

Trump's giving shout outs to many key players.  

Jordan, Nunez, McCarthy, Mitch.  I think he gave a shout out to Loeffler.  

Thanked Gaetz and Doug Collilns.  

The Georgia Senate Race with Collins and Loeffler is going to be interesting.  I wonder who Trump gets behind.

This victory presser is just amazing. It was almost worth the entire 9 month impeachment debacle. :lmao:

He knows the White House is decided.  He's using the speech to build momentum for the House and Senate.
The 2020 campaign will be one of the easiest things President Trump has done in years.

He beat 30 Republicans in the primary in 2016, took down Hillary, beat the wrap on the Special Council and now acquitted from impeachment.  

Even the anti Trump guys should stand back and marvel at this. And a Gallup (Democrat friendly) poll came out yesterday saying his numbers are better than Obama at this point. Anybody who thinks the Democrat has a chance in 2020 is fooling themselves.

The 2020 campaign will be one of the easiest things President Trump has done in years.

He beat 30 Republicans in the primary in 2016, took down Hillary, beat the wrap on the Special Council and now acquitted from impeachment.  

Even the anti Trump guys should stand back and marvel at this. And a Gallup (Democrat friendly) poll came out yesterday saying his numbers are better than Obama at this point. Anybody who thinks the Democrat has a chance in 2020 is fooling themselves.
It’s gonna be a long summer for you. Hope you like baseball; you’ll need a distraction. 

It was about the ugliest speech he’s ever given and that’s saying something . Angry, vindictive, petulant, ignorant. 

And November is not decided. Trump could still win, as unlikely as that seems. 
That is your opinion. There many people, reporters, and politicians that said it was off his best speeches ever and one of the best SOTU speeches in a long time.

Gallup is Republican-friendly in its polling. 

Trump has ushered in an American Renaissance   

Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11)

2/6/20, 11:48 AM

Facts:

90% of Americans are satisfied with their personal life—a record high

63% approve of Trump's handling of the economy—a 20 year high

51% have a favorable view of the GOP—compared to just 45% who view Democrats favorably

THIS is what 3 years of Trump does for America

That is your opinion. There many people, reporters, and politicians that said it was off his best speeches ever and one of the best SOTU speeches in a long time.
Well I don’t agree with that either. But I was referring to his rambling nonsense that he just completed a minutes ago, not the Tuesday night debacle. 

Trump has ushered in an American Renaissance   

Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11)

2/6/20, 11:48 AM

Facts:

90% of Americans are satisfied with their personal life—a record high

63% approve of Trump's handling of the economy—a 20 year high

51% have a favorable view of the GOP—compared to just 45% who view Democrats favorably

THIS is what 3 years of Trump does for America
Not sure what poll is showing the 63% approval on the economy, but I think there has been a general uptick on his economy approval from the low 50's. If he really is at about 60% on the economy, he'll be tough to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread