What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (13 Viewers)

Just looked over the betting odds as of this morning for the 2020 general, Trump has just crossed into -150 odds at the worst across the board, a 2:3 favorite.  Using just bet365 the odds are:

Sanders: 9/2

Bloomberg: 15/2

Biden: 11/1

Pete: 11/1

Warren: 33/1

Trump: 8/13 (bet 365 has him a little better than a 2:3 favorite)

I really am starting to feel sorry for Democrat voters. Look who they have to choose from and look who they’re running against. 
It must be soul sucking. 

Just looked over the betting odds as of this morning for the 2020 general, Trump has just crossed into -150 odds at the worst across the board, a 2:3 favorite.  Using just bet365 the odds are:

Sanders: 9/2

Bloomberg: 15/2

Biden: 11/1

Pete: 11/1

Warren: 33/1

Trump: 8/13 (bet 365 has him a little better than a 2:3 favorite)
Great to see Warren fading. If she was a true progressive she would drop out and defer to Sanders.  

Great to see Warren fading. If she was a true progressive she would drop out and defer to Sanders.  
You can tell she feels cheated of her turn by Sanders and got a little desperate with that drive-by job she tried to do on him at the CNN debate.  I've never understood why some thought she'd be such a strong candidate.  She won her election to the Senate narrowly over Scott Brown, not in a purple state, but Massachusetts.  I'm not sure that's a proven record.  Time will tell but I just have a hard time believing she's going to catch Bernie Sanders.  The odds above reflect that even though she finished 3rd in Iowa.  There's not room for both Sanders and Warren in the race and it's hard to imagine her lasting a whole lot longer as Bernie beats her in state after state.

It’s gonna be a long summer for you. Hope you like baseball; you’ll need a distraction. 
I love baseball! I’ll also be drafting quite a few football best ball teams this spring:summer leading up to the regular drafts in July. I won’t have to waste nearly as much time in this forum now that I’m certain President Trump is re-elected.

Don’t count her out. I still think she has a good shot at the nomination. I watched her CNN townhall last night and despite talking absolutely bonkers, she worked the room very well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what poll is showing the 63% approval on the economy, but I think there has been a general uptick on his economy approval from the low 50's. If he really is at about 60% on the economy, he'll be tough to beat.
A little polling outfit called Gallup. 

So Hillary is saying she may be on ticket as VP!!  Can you imagine that?  She has bigger stones than most men. She really has no clue. Needs to get out of the beltway and politics. Could the D’s be so foolish as to even be considering this?

So Hillary is saying she may be on ticket as VP!!  Can you imagine that?  She has bigger stones than most men. She really has no clue. Needs to get out of the beltway and politics. Could the D’s be so foolish as to even be considering this?
Never underestimate the foolishness of the DNC.  

Tariffs don’t work. 

U.S. stocks closed at records on Thursday on a combination of positive U.S.-China trade developments and waning concerns on the coronavirus outbreak on the domestic economy. The S&P 500 SPX, +0.33% rose 0.4% to end around 3,346. The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.30% picked up 89 points, or 0.3%, to end around 29,380, surpassing its previous closing record of 29,348.10 set on Jan. 17. The Nasdaq Composite COMP, +0.67% was up 0.7% to finish near 9,572. All three major equity indexes closed at all-time highs. China said that it would cut tariffs in half on some $75 billion of U.S. imports from next week, as part of the phase-one trade deal signed in January, according to China's Ministry of Finance. In company news, shares of Twitter Inc. [s:twtr] jumped 15% on Thursday after the social-media company announced it reached a billion dollars of revenue for the first time in a quarter.

Signs of further progress in Sino-American trade relations were being credited for positive sentiment early Thursday. A viral outbreak thought to have originated in Wuhan City, China, and has thus far claimed more than 560 lives, infecting more than 28,000, meanwhile, has been shoved in to the back burner in the minds of equity investors.

China said that beginning Feb. 14 it would cut in half tariffs on some $75 billion of U.S. imports, as part of its phase-one trade resolution with the U.S., according to China’s Ministry of Finance.

Tariffs on an array of U.S. goods will be reduced from 10% to 5%, and from 5% to 2.5% on others, the ministry said. Retaliatory import levies were imposed in September and December as animosities between the Washington and Beijing intensified.

The ministry said the move was made “in order to promote the healthy and stable development of Sino-U.S. economic and trade relations,” according to a translation of the statement.

“China cutting tariffs is a driver of today’s gains,” said J.J. Kinahan, chief market strategist at TD Ameritrade. “If it weren’t for the huge rally we’ve already seen this week, it’s news that would have ignited the market even more than it already has.”

The tariff cuts come as investors have feared that the novel virus in China would hurt the world’s second-largest economy and make it difficult for it to adhere to promises to boost purchases of U.S. goods and services by $200 billion over two years.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...06?mod=markets

This guy, this Trump he’s going to sink this country - said almost all Democrats 

Republican party now the overwhelming favorite to win the POTUS election as -$160.  Dem at +$130.  I think back in October both were -$110.

As my Gramma use to say:

"Don't count your chickens before they come home to roost." 
Then Gramma was mixing her sayings up. It's "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" and "the chickens have come home to roost," two sayings meaning totally different things.

The first means what you're trying to get at, the roost is that problems you thought you could evade will eventually catch up with you, especially at home. 

Then Gramma was mixing her sayings up. It's "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" and "the chickens have come home to roost," two sayings meaning totally different things.

The first means what you're trying to get at, the roost is that problems you thought you could evade will eventually catch up with you, especially at home. 
Wow!!!

You're kidding!!!!

I had not idea until I read your post that she did that. 

I love baseball! I’ll also be drafting quite a few football best ball teams this spring:summer leading up to the regular drafts in July. I won’t have to waste nearly as much time in this forum now that I’m certain President Trump is re-elected.
Did you listen to him today? If you did you’d be working with the rest of us to try to prevent his re-election. It’s not too late. I don’t care what your politics are, you don’t want this guy in charge. He’s unhinged. 

Did you listen to him today? If you did you’d be working with the rest of us to try to prevent his re-election. It’s not too late. I don’t care what your politics are, you don’t want this guy in charge. He’s unhinged. 
I did.

And your breakdown here is the reaction he is aiming for.  He thanks you for taking the bait.

My goodness how the tables have turned.  The left (in my mind) was impervious/above these games.  In fact, Trumps lesson to the world is the Left is the same - just as capable of getting caught up in the game.

From Goldwater to Trump, the left has never been above any of these games. In fact, the playbook never changes.
Maybe so.  But that is where my head was.. perhaps I too got caught up in the game.  I admired Obama's subtle and nuanced playing of the game.

Then I saw Trump's boarish, elementary, crude efforts.  I said "No way", nobody is going to fall for this.

But here we are.

Maybe so.  But that is where my head was.. perhaps I too got caught up in the game.  I admired Obama's subtle and nuanced playing of the game.

Then I saw Trump's boarish, elementary, crude efforts.  I said "No way", nobody is going to fall for this.

But here we are.
Obama is the exception. Cool as all get out, and actually irritated his opponents with his aloofness and appearance of working toward a common goal. He gave the right fits with his demeanor. 

All this MAGA!!  Jobs report!!  One unlikely man bucks the system and America benefits bigly!   

I hoped he was going to do well but I’m sure no one predicted this kind of a run. Wow!!

Has to be demoralizing if you’re a Democrat. All this winning. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s going to be interesting in the coming couple years when Trump gets re-elected (which I believe is almost certain) and the inevitable recession hits (to be clear I’m not wishing for it but believe after the super long run we’re in it just purely odds at this point), how big it is and how he responds.  To me that will be a huge indicator of how much of a grasp on the economy he has.  Credit where credit is deserved and Trump is due his share for where the economy is now, but how he responds to the challenge is a the true test.  I’m very interested that and obviously hopes he rises to the challenge.  

Awesome opportunity to meet the Man:

What are you doing on February 18th?

I'm heading to Los Angeles, California that day to host a very important dinner, and I want YOU to be there with me as my special VIP guest.

We’re in the beginning of a very critical election year, and I really want to hear your thoughts on how my campaign is doing. Patriots like you are what fuel our movement and I can’t think of anyone else who I’d rather get advice from right now.

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enter to win a trip to have dinner with me and discuss key issues heading into November, and all you have to do is enter. 

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT TODAY to enter to win dinner with me in Los Angeles, California.

One of my favorite parts about being President is getting to spend time with American Patriots and hear their thoughts about our great country.

If you win, not only will you receive a VIP ALL-ACCESS PASS, but my team will cover your flight, hotel, and meal, AND you’ll get to bring a guest of your choice. We’ll even take a photo together - it’ll be a day we never forget.

The deadline to enter is February 12th at 11:59 PM so don’t wait until it’s too late.

Contribute ANY AMOUNT by 11:59 PM TONIGHT to win a VIP ALL-ACCESS trip to meet me in Los Angeles.

Can’t wait to meet you!
Donald J. Trump
President of the United States

Glad to see trump go after his one weakness: 

Exclusive: Trump’s New War On Wasteful Spending — An Advance Draft Of The President’s Budget To Congress (FY2021)
Speaking of wasteful spending,  Per WaPo, the Secret Service has paid rates as high as $650 a night for rooms at Trump’s properties.  :(

This directly contradicts what Trump's son Eric said last year: That the Trump Organization gives the government rooms “for free — meaning, cost of housekeeping.” 

I am not saying that Trump does not need SS protection, but to line his pockets at taxpayer expense when there are other alternatives (like not residing at a Trump property or if doing so, actually having the SS stay free at Eric claimed) and then to declare a New War On Wasteful Spending seems inconsistent at best and hypocritical at worst.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-service-has-paid-rates-as-high-as-650-a-night-for-rooms-at-trumps-properties/2020/02/06/7f27a7c6-3ec5-11ea-8872-5df698785a4e_story.html

It’s going to be interesting in the coming couple years when Trump gets re-elected (which I believe is almost certain) and the inevitable recession hits (to be clear I’m not wishing for it but believe after the super long run we’re in it just purely odds at this point), how big it is and how he responds.  To me that will be a huge indicator of how much of a grasp on the economy he has.  Credit where credit is deserved and Trump is due his share for where the economy is now, but how he responds to the challenge is a the true test.  I’m very interested that and obviously hopes he rises to the challenge.  
Agree.  He is already starting to address it. Spending. The Fed Govt spends too much. If we can get some real spending reduction the market will continue this trend. 

Speaking of wasteful spending,  Per WaPo, the Secret Service has paid rates as high as $650 a night for rooms at Trump’s properties.  :(

This directly contradicts what Trump's son Eric said last year: That the Trump Organization gives the government rooms “for free — meaning, cost of housekeeping.” 

I am not saying that Trump does not need SS protection, but to line his pockets at taxpayer expense when there are other alternatives (like not residing at a Trump property or if doing so, actually having the SS stay free at Eric claimed) and then to declare a New War On Wasteful Spending seems inconsistent at best and hypocritical at worst.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-service-has-paid-rates-as-high-as-650-a-night-for-rooms-at-trumps-properties/2020/02/06/7f27a7c6-3ec5-11ea-8872-5df698785a4e_story.html
If that was said that’s unfortunate however his properties are expensive to stay at. Ultimately this amount of money doesn’t even register in the scheme of things. 

as far as staying at other properties that’s dumb. What is the SS going to take a taxi to Trump if there is an emergency?  Trump likes staying there. So his SS do too. 

All presidents could stay for free at camp david however we don’t require  it. 

If that was said that’s unfortunate however his properties are expensive to stay at. Ultimately this amount of money doesn’t even register in the scheme of things. 

as far as staying at other properties that’s dumb. What is the SS going to take a taxi to Trump if there is an emergency?  Trump likes staying there. So his SS do too. 

All presidents could stay for free at camp david however we don’t require  it. 
No, of course not, have Trump stay elsewhere than his own properties or at a location like Camp David. There are cheaper options that would offer the same degree of SS protection, he doesn't have to gouge the taxpayers to stay where he likes.

And to say it doesn't matter because the cost doesn't register in the overall scheme of things is disingenuous when complaining about wasteful spending, because all wasteful spending by the government should be considered (Trump personal extravagances should not be exempt).

Users who are viewing this thread