What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (15 Viewers)

Meanwhile on February 24...

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi toured San Francisco's Chinatown Monday to send a message. She said there's no reason tourists or locals should be staying away from the area because of coronavirus concerns. 

"That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."

Pelosi visited The Wok Shop, a temple and the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory, which was started 58 years ago by owner Kevin Chan's mother and uncle.
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/nancy-pelosi-visits-san-franciscos-chinatown/2240247/

So, if everyone on the Left KNEW what was going to happen.....why didn't we hear their calls to stop incoming travel before he did it?

Why was President Trump labeled a xenophobe (again), at the time he shut down incoming travel?

Why was President Trump labeled a xenophobe (again), at the time he shut down incoming travel?
Because of his statements at his recent rallies and because of 4 years of public xenophobic statements. 

Quite to the contrary, it was recommended that Trump cut off travel from Europe at roughly the same time:

On Jan. 31, Azar announced restrictions barring any non-U.S. citizen who had been in China during the preceding two weeks from entering the United States.

Trump has, with some justification, pointed to the China-related restriction as evidence that he had responded aggressively and early to the outbreak. It was among the few intervention options throughout the crisis that played to the instincts of the president, who often seems fixated on erecting borders and keeping foreigners out of the country.

But by that point, 300,000 people had come into the United States from China over the previous month. There were only 7,818 confirmed cases around the world at the end of January, according to figures released by the World Health Organization — but it is now clear that the virus was spreading uncontrollably.

Pottinger was by then pushing for another travel ban, this time restricting the flow of travelers from Italy and other nations in the European Union that were rapidly emerging as major new nodes of the outbreak. Pottinger’s proposal was endorsed by key health-care officials, including Fauci, who argued that it was critical to close off any path the virus might take into the country.

This time, the plan met with resistance from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and others who worried about the impact on the U.S. economy. It was an early sign of tension in an area that would split the administration, pitting those who prioritized public health against those determined to avoid any disruption in an election year to the run of expansion and employment growth.

Those backing the economy prevailed with the president.  ...
- In case you don't know Matt Pottinger is the Deputy NSA.

- Trump declined. This was ultimately the strain that affected New York and IIRC my own state.

Last edited by a moderator:
...which would be why Nancy Pelosi was urging people to come to Chinatown ....right?
Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, Steve Scalise, John Kennedy, Diblasio, my mayor, your mayor, you and me and everybody in the world are not privy to National Security Council memoranda.

so....ignorance?
I don't call not having the information that the best intelligence community in the world has "ignorant." I don't consider myself ignorant because I don't have the 500 year old trappist monk recipe for making a trippel ale. - Decency combined with a lack of information. I'll give Republicans a lot of credit here. If John Kennedy, Bill Cassidy and Steve Scalise had known of this recommendation, yes I think January 31st they would have been screaming from the rooftops to take the sorts of measures in January or early February that we finally saw in mid March.

I don't call not having the information that the best intelligence community in the world has "ignorant." I don't consider myself ignorant because I don't have the 500 year old trappist monk recipe for making a trippel ale. - Decency combined with a lack of information. I'll give Republicans a lot of credit here. If John Kennedy and Steve Scalise had known of this recommendation, yes I think January 31st they would have been screaming from the rooftops to take the sorts of measures in January or early February that we finally saw in mid March.
From the article that you posted....

"On Jan. 6, Redfield sent a letter to the Chinese offering to send help, including a team of CDC scientists. China rebuffed the offer for weeks, turning away assistance and depriving U.S. authorities of an early chance to get a sample of the virus, critical for developing diagnostic tests and any potential vaccine.

China impeded the U.S. response in other ways, including by withholding accurate information about the outbreak. Beijing had a long track record of downplaying illnesses that emerged within its borders, an impulse that U.S. officials attribute to a desire by the country’s leaders to avoid embarrassment and accountability with China’s 1.3 billion people and other countries that find themselves in the pathogen’s path.

China stuck to this costly script in the case of the coronavirus, reporting Jan. 14 that it had seen “no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission.” U.S. officials treated the claim with skepticism that intensified when the first case surfaced outside China with a reported infection in Thailand.".

The "DENIAL" mentioned in the headline of the article that you posted was not President Trump's denial....it was China's.

From the article that you posted....

"China impeded the U.S. response in other ways, including by withholding accurate information about the outbreak. Beijing had a long track record of downplaying illnesses that emerged within its borders, an impulse that U.S. officials attribute to a desire by the country’s leaders to avoid embarrassment and accountability with China’s 1.3 billion people and other countries that find themselves in the pathogen’s path".
I pointed that out above. 

But it proves too much. That affected us as long as we did not know the nature of the virus, and when we knew of its nature were compelled to take mitigation efforts.

Concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), according to two officials familiar with the document’s contents.

The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia -- forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. 

..."Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.  ...
ABC

This was likely early January, not November.

The Chinese notified the world on January 9th (yes too late).

The Chinese released the sequence on January 11th.

But we were when we brought our own people home, and that was the 3rd week of January. 

I about spit out my coffee reading somebody quoting that drive by in here who I have blocked blaming Trump for tanking the economy and record unemployment.  :lmao:  You are right, these same people want to keep everybody locked inside and post about how great their authoritarian blue state governors are. 
It’s so sad, there were 100 plus that voted in Joe’s poll that were ok with a recession if it meant no Trump re-election. Now we are seeing the ugly reality of what can be involved in a recession and it makes it even more disgusting. 

So, if everyone on the Left KNEW what was going to happen.....why didn't we hear their calls to stop incoming travel before he did it?

Why was Trump worried about a cruise ship when a daily tsunami was coming behind it?  He had no grasp of reality.  

The country has lost lives, jobs and money because of his dereliction  of duty.

Inadequate response.  No real plan.  Just trying to get through the weekly media cycle.

When my kids life is being altered.  Health.  Schooling.  Could be two years of their life.  This is not owning the libs. This is a crisis.

To push donald trump to be in charge of this?  Some Abraham with Issac going on there.

I pointed that out above. 

But it proves too much. That affected us as long as we did not know the nature of the virus, and when we knew of its nature were compelled to take mitigation efforts.

ABC

This was likely early January, not November.

- I don't really think we were on notice then. The Chinese notified the world on January 9th (yes too late).

The Chinese released the sequence on Januaery 11th.

But we were when we brought our own people home, and that was the 3rd week of January. 
The New York Times....are you kidding?

The "DENIAL" mentioned in the headline of the article that you posted was not President Trump's denial....it was China's.
January 6th. I just posted the links to China releasing the information on January 9th and then the actual genetic sequence on January 11th.

Now Trump knowing all that about China lying - that early -- and then praising Xi effusively like he did should make us all sick, but that's really not my point.

:goodposting:

I read the entire post and it didn’t get any better. No blame on China for hiding it from the world, just #OrangeManBad. I’m sure he’s with the Senate Democrats who are making a resolution about calling it the Chinese or Wuhan virus. 🤡
I can’t keep reading the same one sided and hypocritical talking points about a deadly virus no one could have been ready for, it’s the same tired 🗑. 

January 6th. I just posted the links to China releasing the information on January 9th and then the actual genetic sequence on January 11th.

Now Trump knowing all that about China lying - that early -- and then praising Xi effusively like he did should make us all sick, but that's really not my point.
The point is that President Trump reacted when he needed to react....and was criticized at the time for being a xenophobe when he did.

Another point is that hind site is 20/20. 

He could have closed travel just in 2019 anticipating a virus and the Left would cry about that.

All you really need to do is put the event in the subject line then type, "Orange Man, Bad"....we'll get the jist of it.

Another point is that hind site is 20/20. 
I'm open to this basic point. I've shown you the memos, you've seen what the President knew. I'll drop out now unless anyone wants any further responses (which I'm glad to do, I don't run from discussions).

Let me also say I appreciate the President is a man, a human being with huge weight on his shoulders. I respect the office as always. I would think or hope that something like this would take a huge emotional toll on any decent person. When it comes to MMQB'ing this that's always persuasive to me. But when there's talk about what did or did not happen, at least get it straight.

- Blessed Memorial Day to everyone, especially our vets and their families.

You need to stop posting old accusations without posting the results of those accusations.

....as you know....you can sue anyone for anything....what counts is the results of that lawsuit.

Trump was simply accused of housing discrimination.

"In October 1973, the Civil Rights Division filed a lawsuit against Trump Management Company, Donald Trump and his father Fred Trump, alleging that African-Americans and Puerto Ricans were systematically excluded from apartments. The Trumps responded with a $100 million counter suit accusing the government of defamation.

Donald Trump denied any racial discrimination, but said his managers tried to weed out certain kinds of tenants. “What we didn’t do was rent to welfare cases, white or black".

The Trumps and their company entered into a consent decree settling the litigation in 1975. The agreement contained no admission of wrongdoing, but required the Trump firm to institute a series of safeguards to make sure apartments were rented without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin."

Court Document: Since evidence to back up the claim was not found and Trump denied the accusations, the results of this lawsuit  was simply...."watch this and make sure it doesn't happen."

You'll notice that at the top left of this document...the word "CLOSED" appears.
Please remember this when people are calling Biden a rapist or racist.

History will judge President Trump’s performance with regard to the coronavirus. So will voters in November. I don’t think it will be good for him or his supporters in either case. 

Personally I find him to be inept. And, at least in the first couple of months, I don’t have a problem with that; given the fact that so many others in a position of authority were inept as well. But what makes Trump a very poor leader is that he chose to double down on his ineptitude, rather than react to the growing emergency. And the cowardly way he has attempted to shove both responsibility and blame onto governors and others is really shameful and makes him unfit to lead us. Pretty sure the public will agree with this judgment. 

History will judge President Trump’s performance with regard to the coronavirus. So will voters in November. I don’t think it will be good for him or his supporters in either case. 

Personally I find him to be inept. And, at least in the first couple of months, I don’t have a problem with that; given the fact that so many others in a position of authority were inept as well. But what makes Trump a very poor leader is that he chose to double down on his ineptitude, rather than react to the growing emergency. And the cowardly way he has attempted to shove both responsibility and blame onto governors and others is really shameful and makes him unfit to lead us. Pretty sure the public will agree with this judgment. 
He's the closest thing our generation has to Herbert Hoover.

Anyhow back to the main topic of this thread, which is President Trump’s chances at re-election: 

It seems to me that his best chance is that the following happens: states reopen, the economy seems to improve, and the COVID numbers don’t spike. In other words, the medical experts and the Democrats who listened to them appear too cautious, Trump appears to have been right all along. 

What’s ironic about this scenario is that I want it too; I think most people do. I’d trade for another 4 years of Trump if we could have everything reopen with no pandemic spike. 

But even if all this happens it’s no guarantee that he’ll win. It’s his best chance, but too many opinions may already be set in stone. The numbers look really terrible for him right now. 

Anyhow back to the main topic of this thread, which is President Trump’s chances at re-election: 

It seems to me that his best chance is that the following happens: states reopen, the economy seems to improve, and the COVID numbers don’t spike. In other words, the medical experts and the Democrats who listened to them appear too cautious, Trump appears to have been right all along. 

What’s ironic about this scenario is that I want it too; I think most people do. I’d trade for another 4 years of Trump if we could have everything reopen with no pandemic spike. 

But even if all this happens it’s no guarantee that he’ll win. It’s his best chance, but too many opinions may already be set in stone. The numbers look really terrible for him right now. 
The plans from everyone have always been to reopen, no?

Do it in phases, with rules in place, monitor results, open further with less rules, monitor, repeat this.

This has been the plan in my state for at least a month or so.

Please remember this when people are calling Biden a rapist or racist.
I personally, have never even considered that he was a rapist.... I have never heard anything credible to insinuate that he is (was).

A  rac·ist

noun

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

No...i don't.believe that he is racist BUT, I do think, (as do other conservatives), that he, and the Left, take the black vote for granted and feel that their vote is owed to them.
For what? I haven't a clue.

When it comes to his apology....it all sounded good, again BUT...he apologized that he sounded like he was taking the black for for granted and the he was too cavalier in his delivery.
While that being true....it did sound that way...but he does take the black vote for granted and he was too cavalier it his delivery..

He didn't apologize for how he feels...just how he expressed it.

And if he truly does believe what he said, matches the way he feels, he shouldn't apologize for it.

the numbers   :lmao:

I personally, have never even considered that he was a rapist.... I have never heard anything credible to insinuate that he is (was).

A  rac·ist

noun

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

No...i don't.believe that he is racist BUT, I do think, (as do other conservatives), that he, and the Left, take the black vote for granted and feel that their vote is owed to them.
For what? I haven't a clue.

When it comes to his apology....it all sounded good, again BUT...he apologized that he sounded like he was taking the black for for granted and the he was too cavalier in his delivery.
While that being true....it did sound that way...but he does take the black vote for granted and he was too cavalier it his delivery..

He didn't apologize for how he feels...just how he said it.

And if he truly does believe what he said matches the way he feels, he shouldn't apologize for it.
I disagree with you but appreciate this post. 

I feel like something to this effect is posted with every blow of the political winds.

We all think everything is some massive game changer, and then it fades away.  

The President was impeached, and people thought that would do him in come November.  And now it's an afterthought.  

If the country is open and cases haven't exploded come November, this too will likely be an afterthought.  

People care way more about what they already cared about.

I can’t keep reading the same one sided and hypocritical talking points about a deadly virus no one could have been ready for, it’s the same tired 🗑. 
Yeah...nobody, but the Germans and the Japanese and the South Koreans and the Canadians.  Besides those places with actual federal leadership who care more about doing right than looking right. 

Users who are viewing this thread