Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • knowledge dropper

    2509

  • timschochet

    1845

  • SaintsInDome2006

    1688

  • The General

    1657

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

8 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Navarro.

I just read the memo.  In it Navarro asked for $3B in appropriations.  On March 5th (signed into law on the 6th), phase 1 stimulus was passed for $8.3B with $3B going to vaccine development and therapeutics and $1B going to PPE funding.  I'd say that is a pretty swift response to the request.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Totally, Obama would have had boots on the ground in China In November and eliminated it at patient zero. This is all Trumps fault and I’m going to continuously rant about it in a football sub forum!

Obama is on film several years ago saying this was a possibility and that we should plan for it.  Trump gutted those people in place that could have assisted.  

This is why we need Biden.  He's Batman's Robin and that that's way way way better than the Joker we have now.  

 

You know this.  You're a smart fellow.  

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, timschochet said:

To all the Trump supporters who frequent this thread: 

If any of you have served in our military, thank you. And all of you have a great and safe Memorial Day. 

Thanks for the thought Tim.
Veterans should be thanked every day.

Now for a Footballguys PSA.....

I would just hope that everyone understands that those who served are remembered thanked on Veterans Day....
Those veterans who died are remembered and honored on Memorial Day.

There is no such thing as a "happy Memorial Day"...please don't embarrass yourselves by saying it.
It is a solemn occasion.

Also....US flags are flown at half staff from sunrise to noon....
...then, raised to full mast.

Just a bit o' information in case you didn't know.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 2m2 minutes ago

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1264893060774793218

Shouldn't have done it. :no:

This is why I posted what I did.

SOOOOO many people wish Veterans and others, "Happy Memorial Day"
Their hearts are in the right place but it is wrong on so many levels.
I originally posted to save some here, some embarrassment....the embarrassment that President Trump should be feeling right now.

People shouldn't "celebrate" Memorial Day....just honor it.

The POTUS should really know better....like saluting your Marine guard when boarding Marine One.
Most likely, just an oversight...but both events are wrong.

Neither instance is bound by regulations....just courtesy.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love hearing President Trump hammer these blue state authoritarian Democrat governors. Biden can just cower in his basement for the next 6 months, just pound these awful governors all day.

Awesome stories everywhere are popping up about people standing up to their wannabe dictator blue state governors. Look at the story out of Washington this week-

Quote

SEATTLE – Washington will not require restaurants to get customers’ contact information as initially planned as part of reopening amid the coronavirus pandemic, Gov. Jay Inslee said.

The Democratic governor’s office in a news release Friday said that instead, businesses are asked to keep a list of those who voluntarily provide contact information.

He said the state only needs information from one person per household, and it will only be shared with public health officials if it turns out they might have been exposed to the virus.

The Seattle Times reports that the initial requirement for contact information that wasn’t voluntary came under fire from various groups as an invasion of privacy. 

Restaurant owners also said they had concerns that staff would have to deal with customers who refused to disclose personal information.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/may/16/washington-governor-retracts-restaurant-contact-re/

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Love hearing President Trump hammer these blue state authoritarian Democrat governors. Biden can just cower in his basement for the next 6 months, just pound these awful governors all day.

Awesome stories everywhere are popping up about people standing up to their wannabe dictator blue state governors. Look at the story out of Washington this week-

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/may/16/washington-governor-retracts-restaurant-contact-re/

This was a couple weeks back.

This has nothing to do with Trump. The ACLU questioned this practice over privacy issues and restaurant owners complained it would scare off eaters and be  too difficult to do.

The idea was to help track people who had been in contact with the virus and be able to let them know. 

Anyways, Inslee listened to these complaints / challenges and changed course quickly after being presented information.

This is how it should work, not get all butthurt and tweet about it and make it a political issue.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, The General said:

This was a couple weeks back.

This has nothing to do with Trump. The ACLU questioned this practice over privacy issues and restaurant owners complained it would scare off eaters and be  too difficult to do.

The idea was to help track people who had been in contact with the virus and be able to let them know. 

Anyways, Inslee listened to these complaints / challenges and changed course quickly after being presented information.

This is how it should work, not get all butthurt and tweet about it and make it a political issue.

Inslee is terrible. He was so bad he couldn’t even crack 1% running for President in one of the weakest fields in history. The thought this idea was even considered by him is outrageous. People all over the country are starting to stand up to these authoritarian blue state governors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Inslee is terrible. He was so bad he couldn’t even crack 1% running for President in one of the weakest fields in history. The thought this idea was even considered by him is outrageous. People all over the country are starting to stand up to these authoritarian blue state governors.

Washington state handled this thing really well. Inslee put into place the policies made that happen. Don’t know what to tell you.

If Inslee runs again for Governor he’ll win going away. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Inslee is terrible. He was so bad he couldn’t even crack 1% running for President in one of the weakest fields in history. The thought this idea was even considered by him is outrageous. People all over the country are starting to stand up to these authoritarian blue state governors.

Seems like everyone of those governors has high approval ratings in contrast to the President, particularly with regard to their “authoritarian” approach which the vast majority of Americans seem to agree with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Seems like everyone of those governors has high approval ratings in contrast to the President, particularly with regard to their “authoritarian” approach which the vast majority of Americans seem to agree with. 

The vast majority of Americans wanting an authoritarian government is a bunch of malarkey.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 2m2 minutes ago

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1264893060774793218

Quote

To all the members of our military and our military families, especially those who have lost their service member, thank you. We owe you. We can never lessen the magnitude of your loss, but this I can promise you: we will never forget. #MemorialDay

Joe Biden

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The vast majority of Americans wanting an authoritarian government is a bunch of malarkey.

Trump said lockdowns were necessary, said Georgia lifted theirs too early. Then complains states are doing it too slow.

Seems like a lead from behind type of guy here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The General said:

Trump said lockdowns were necessary, said Georgia lifted theirs too early. Then complains states are doing it too slow.

Seems like a lead from behind type of guy here.

No, you just don't know how to live the alpha lifestyle. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1264953881395675138?s=21

Good god, Trump is now down to 43/55 in approval vs disapproval ratings for the latest Rasmussen poll, which is usually very friendly for Trump.

He also continues to shoot down in the 538 approval tracker, he’s down from 50/46 to 53/43 in the matter of a 50 day span. This is just about where he’s been since 2018 so it appears that Trump has already killed the spike in support he and pretty much every leader gets at the beginning of the crisis.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

The vast majority of Americans wanting an authoritarian government is a bunch of malarkey.

Which is why I put it in quotes. My point is that the vast majority of Americans do not agree with your interpretation of what is and what is not authoritarian. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1264953881395675138?s=21

Good god, Trump is now down to 43/55 in approval vs disapproval ratings for the latest Rasmussen poll, which is usually very friendly for Trump.

He also continues to shoot down in the 538 approval tracker, he’s down from 50/46 to 53/43 in the matter of a 50 day span. This is just about where he’s been since 2018 so it appears that Trump has already killed the spike in support he and pretty much every leader gets at the beginning of the crisis.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

It’s sad. It’s not what many of us wanted. 

When this crisis began to emerge, I was ready, personally, to let bygones be bygones. Forget about impeachment, forget about everything: I was ready to rally around the flag and President Trump. Even during the first month or two of errors I was still ready and eager to do it, because I knew that everyone makes mistakes; it’s how you adjust. Deep into April I was willing to forgive Trump anything and everything: a crisis defines a leader. I can come up with dozens of historical examples in which a mediocrity or even incompetent head of state reacts to a crisis in a heroic manner and that’s what defines him forever after. 
 

But all he’s done is the same old game: lay the blame on others and attack them, shift responsibility to anyone but himself, engage in conspiracy theories, and attempt to divide the nation rather than try to unite it. It’s been a terrible performance and he will have to pay the price. 

Edited by timschochet
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Opie said:

Thanks for the thought Tim.
Veterans should be thanked every day.

Now for a Footballguys PSA.....

I would just hope that everyone understands that those who served are remembered thanked on Veterans Day....
Those veterans who died are remembered and honored on Memorial Day.

There is no such thing as a "happy Memorial Day"...please don't embarrass yourselves by saying it.
It is a solemn occasion.

Also....US flags are flown at half staff from sunrise to noon....
...then, raised to full mast.

Just a bit o' information in case you didn't know.

How do you feel about the president spending this day tweeting his grievances, playing the victim, and Obamagate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s sad. It’s not what many of us wanted. 

When this crisis began to emerge, I was ready, personally, to let bygones be bygones. Forget about impeachment, forget about everything: I was ready to rally around the flag and President Trump. Even during the first month or two of errors I was still ready and eager to do it, because I knew that everyone makes mistakes; it’s how you adjust. Deep into April I was willing to forgive Trump anything and everything: a crisis defines a leader. I can come up with dozens of historical examples in which a mediocrity or even incompetent head of state reacts to a crisis in a heroic manner and that’s what defines him forever after. 
 

But all he’s done is the same old game: lay the blame on others and attack them, shift responsibility to anyone but himself, engage in conspiracy theories, and attempt to divide the nation rather than try to unite it. It’s been a terrible performance and he will have to pay the price. 

The problem is that approach has worked all his life. Why should he change his game plan now? It is the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. 

I read somewhere years ago (can't remember the source) that we only learn from our failures in life and that our successes just reinforces our superstitions. Not only will Trump continue towards November down the path he has always traveled, I expect things to get much worse with his doubling and tripling down on this strategy and even more vicious and vile personal attacks. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What up guys?  Everyone have a Happy Memorial Day?  Feels good to celebrate the Beginning of Summer and Opening Up America.  And if course all those that made it possible.  

Great American holiday, really we ought to start having fireworks, now all through the 4th of July.  Make June the month to celebrate being American, kick off with Memorial Day and finishing with a 4th of July finale. 

Edited by tonydead
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

What up guys?  Everyone have a Happy Memorial Day?  Feels good to celebrate the Beginning of Summer and Opening Up America.  And if course all those that made it possible.  

Great American holiday, really we out to start having fireworks, now all through the 4th of July.  Make June the month to celebrate being American, kick off with Memorial Day and finishing with a 4th of July finale. 

That sounds fun.  I just wish we could do personal fireworks like we did when I was a kid. Was always so much fun. Buying the big fireworks box kits, everyone would bring their lawn chairs out to the street at dusk and all the kids in the neighborhood would light off their fireworks at the same time.  Was such a cool thing.  Could never happen today though   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tonydead said:

start having fireworks, now all through the 4th of July. . 

My dogs and kids disagree. Fireworks should be infrequent. I am all for an awesome display, but let's keep it to one day of the year

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, the moops said:

My dogs and kids disagree. Fireworks should be infrequent. I am all for an awesome display, but let's keep it to one day of the year

Last year my dog was terrified to leave the house for 2 weeks after the 4th. Had to carry her out a few times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dkp993 said:

That sounds fun.  I just wish we could do personal fireworks like we did when I was a kid. Was always so much fun. Buying the big fireworks box kits, everyone would bring their lawn chairs out to the street at dusk and all the kids in the neighborhood would light off their fireworks at the same time.  Was such a cool thing.  Could never happen today though   

Our neighborhood still does something like this. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 8:52 PM, Max Power said:

I looked up the case after he tweeted about it the first time. There are some pretty odd twists and turns there.

...

Not saying Joe Scarborough did anything, but it is a crazy story.

This is from Timothy Klausutis.

I genuinely wish you'd get behind him and really think about what kind of human being would be doing this to him.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I'm asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong him —the memory of my dead wife and perverted it for perceived political gain. I would also ask that you consider Lori's niece and two nephews who will eventually come across this filth in the future. They have never met their Aunt and it pains me to think they would ever have to "learn" about her this way.

@boots11234, please pause a moment to read that letter and reflect.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

This is from Timothy Klausitis.

I genuinely wish you'd get behind him and really think about what kind of human being would be doing this to him.

The same human being who would mock a disabled reporter, criticize a POW war hero for being captured and disparage Carly Fiorina and Ted Cruz's wife for their looks (along with other women). And did any of his supporters here take issue with Trump's claim during the campaign that Cruz's dad was involved in the JFK assassination? (which Trump to this day has not retracted). 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, squistion said:

The same human being who would mock a disabled reporter, criticize a POW war hero for being captured and disparage Carly Fiorina and Ted Cruz's wife for their looks (along with other women). And did any of his supporters here take issue with Trump's claim during the campaign that Cruz's dad was involved in the JFK assassination? (which Trump to this day has not retracted). 

The disabled reporter story has been debunked on here many times.  Sadly, McCain and Trump had a bitter feud.  Most of the other stuff you list is campaign related.  The National Enquirer ran a story on Cruz’s father.  That’s where Trump got the story.  
 

It’s funny a Biden supporter is going after Trump on tall tales.  Joe has told more whoppers than (Trump +Warren) x 3.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The disabled reporter story has been debunked on here many times.  

No it hasn’t. There have been many attempts to debunk it, all of which are miserable failures because it’s impossible to explain away what one sees with their own eyes. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The National Enquirer ran a story on Cruz’s father.  That’s where Trump got the story.  

National Enquirer / AME did a federal non-prosecution agreement in which NE admitted its coordination with Trump on catch & kill stories, including two that ended in convictions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to this thread?  It used to be where Trump supports could talk amongst each other without having to fend of the mass liberals that are on these boards.  Now it's 4 or 5 liberals that are muddying the thread.  If you have issues with Trump tweets, there's a thread for that.  If you want to bash Trump, there are multiple threads for that.    

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

What happened to this thread?  It used to be where Trump supports could talk amongst each other without having to fend of the mass liberals that are on these boards.  Now it's 4 or 5 liberals that are muddying the thread.  If you have issues with Trump tweets, there's a thread for that.  If you want to bash Trump, there are multiple threads for that.    

Lori Klausutis happened.

It would be nice - perhaps even just decent - to acknowledge what the president has done here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Lori Klausutis happened.

It would be nice - perhaps even just decent - to acknowledge what the president has done here.

The go put it in the "Trump, everyday something new thread".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

The go put it in the "Trump, everyday something new thread".

Really sad stuff here.

Bubbles, I guess I just don't understand why Trump supporters disregard this behavior.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No it hasn’t. There have been many attempts to debunk it, all of which are miserable failures because it’s impossible to explain away what one sees with their own eyes. 

Never debunked. Look at the picture of the reporter and then watch the Trump video, he is clearly mocking the guy.

https://twitter.com/CanisPundit/status/1265285268787138561 (photo at link for those that haven't seen it). 

That by itself would have ended the candidacy of any other presidential hopeful but Trump supporters excused it, rationalized it, spun it or ignored it, as they have with most of the beyond the pale things he has done and said since then. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...