What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (19 Viewers)

1. Nah. It’s me. You don’t post in this thread or this subforum nearly enough. It’s me and @squistion and @sho nuff- all the folks @tonydead doesn’t like. He should look in a mirror. 

2. We hired a bunch of lousy coaches, the latest being your leftover. He can’t repeat the magic. What the hell do you think happened? 
I dunno, Tim....I got Tony posting about my physical appearance and using my first name.  Wake me up when you've reached that level with him. :lmao:

For UCLA, I just think the recruiting has to get better.  I love Chip and think he was a pioneer of sorts, but he's not the best recruiter out there.  Hopefully he's hired guys who can recruit because if you can't sell LA and playing in the Rose Bowl, then lord help you.  I also think apathy has taken over and that's going to be really hard to rectify.  The problem is you're really stuck with Chip because you can't afford to fire him and if you do, there's not much left in the coffers to make a splashy hire.  And what message would that send to recruits?  The brilliant minds down there need to market Chip as best they can and help him recruit.  Work in some uniform changes, be cooler, appeal to 16 and 17 year olds.  Have Chip do some hippity hop rap.  

They did win a few games last year they shouldn't have.  Maybe Chip can still coach?  

Alright, hijack over.  This is the Trump Headquarters Thread - The Greatest Place.  I just like coming in here and needling you folks, no harm intended and I'll leave it be.  Plenty of other threads to uncork on Don.  I don't know what the next 5 months will bring us, but I highly doubt it will be boring.   Stay safe everybody, even you, Tony. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You don’t know who reported you or if anyone did. They’re really cracking down here- I’ve been suspended twice in the last month over comments I thought were completely inoffensive. I’m not complaining; they get to decide. But if you want to stick around  it’s wise to be pretty careful about what you write. 
Clayton suspended me for regurgitating verbatim what was being said by people on Hannity's show.  :lmao:

Couldn't pay me enough to be a mod here.

I'm lucky I only got a warning for citing liberal outlets that called Pete Buttigieg racist.  Reported by liberal posters.  Those were good times.  

1. Nah. It’s me. You don’t post in this thread or this subforum nearly enough. It’s me and @squistion and @sho nuff- all the folks @tonydead doesn’t like. He should look in a mirror. 

2. We hired a bunch of lousy coaches, the latest being your leftover. He can’t repeat the magic. What the hell do you think happened? 
Do you have a top 100 posters someone doesn't like?  

He might be time will tell.  He's also everything as a person that you've railed against for years.  Congrats you openly support what you claim you're against. 
Exactly.  I think Biden would be fine as President.  His policy stances are within the realm of my personal beliefs (unlike Bernie).  But all the anti-Trump crap I've been hearing from the left about how awful Trump is, to pick a guy who is nothing more than a polished, politically correct version of Trump says to me they don't really care about the things Trump does, they just don't like that he's not one of their own.  It's a shame, because the Democrats could have put forth a candidate that had both high moral standards and would have been a good President.  Sold their souls, but it won't really matter because a majority of the MSM won't call them out on it anyway.  

Interesting, as I'm working, I'm watching Fox News and they have on a Former Obama Economic Advisor and the headline reads, "Top Obama Adviser Warns Quick Economic Rebound Could Boost Trump's Chances For Reelection".  So a quick economic rebound is a bad thing because it might mean 4 more years of Trump.  WTF?  

Please keep crappy blue state college football programs out of this thread. TIA

I still can’t believe Trump already managed to completely ruin the gift Biden gave him last Friday. The guy just can’t help saying stupid #### every day.

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1265641031527260161?s=21

The Trump ship is sinking. His favorite pollster even has him down 42-57 in terms of approval, his lowest net approval rating since December 2017  :lmao:
I do think this will tighten up a bunch as we get closer but Trump is way behind for sure and the big difference between this time and last is people have gotten almost 4 years of his shtick and it appeals to a minority of people.

Exactly.  I think Biden would be fine as President.  His policy stances are within the realm of my personal beliefs (unlike Bernie).  But all the anti-Trump crap I've been hearing from the left about how awful Trump is, to pick a guy who is nothing more than a polished, politically correct version of Trump says to me they don't really care about the things Trump does, they just don't like that he's not one of their own.  It's a shame, because the Democrats could have put forth a candidate that had both high moral standards and would have been a good President.  Sold their souls, but it won't really matter because a majority of the MSM won't call them out on it anyway.  

Interesting, as I'm working, I'm watching Fox News and they have on a Former Obama Economic Advisor and the headline reads, "Top Obama Adviser Warns Quick Economic Rebound Could Boost Trump's Chances For Reelection".  So a quick economic rebound is a bad thing because it might mean 4 more years of Trump.  WTF?  
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Sure there’s some massive hypocrites on the left, but I don’t know many people who enthusiastically are supporting Biden. The vast majority of people I know who are supporting Biden, including me, were not thrilled he was the nominee and have no problem admitting that he has flaws. I personally think it’s a disgrace that him and Trump are our only 2 options and almost any other year would be voting 3rd party. Then again, I still think Trump is a significantly worse person than Biden and is an awful leader who has zero intentions in uniting the country. While Biden is for sure declining mentally, I can at least respect that he’s willing to work with Republicans and wouldn’t spend hours a day on Twitter whining and trashing half of the country.

On the other hand, there seems to plenty of Trump supporters who absolutely love the guy and think he’s one of the best Presidents ever. They completely ignore his flaws, don’t care about the scumbag person he is and seem to take it as a personal insult when anyone says anything negative about Trump. While I disagree with it, I can at least respect people who vote for Trump but can admit he is a very flawed candidate and awful person, but just feel he is better on a policy level than the Democrats. I would consider you as a part of that group as you’ve given valid points on what Trump has done to improve the country and you don’t seem to defend every little thing he does. What I have a very hard time respecting are the people who enthusiastically support Trump and act like his behavior isn’t a problem.

I still can’t believe Trump already managed to completely ruin the gift Biden gave him last Friday. The guy just can’t help saying stupid #### every day.

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1265641031527260161?s=21

The Trump ship is sinking. His favorite pollster even has him down 42-57 in terms of approval, his lowest net approval rating since December 2017  :lmao:
POLLS!  :rant:

That one was for our Trump supporting friends.

But to suggest, as someone did, that Biden will govern no differently than Donald has is simply not born out by Sleepy Joe's policy positions.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Sure there’s some massive hypocrites on the left, but I don’t know many people who enthusiastically are supporting Biden. The vast majority of people I know who are supporting Biden, including me, were not thrilled he was the nominee and have no problem admitting that he has flaws. I personally think it’s a disgrace that him and Trump are our only 2 options and almost any other year would be voting 3rd party. Then again, I still think Trump is a significantly worse person than Biden and is an awful leader who has zero intentions in uniting the country. While Biden is for sure declining mentally, I can at least respect that he’s willing to work with Republicans and wouldn’t spend hours a day on Twitter whining and trashing half of the country.

On the other hand, there seems to plenty of Trump supporters who absolutely love the guy and think he’s one of the best Presidents ever. They completely ignore his flaws, don’t care about the scumbag person he is and seem to take it as a personal insult when anyone says anything negative about Trump. While I disagree with it, I can at least respect people who vote for Trump but can admit he is a very flawed candidate and awful person, but just feel he is better on a policy level than the Democrats. I would consider you as a part of that group as you’ve given valid points on what Trump has done to improve the country and you don’t seem to defend every little thing he does. What I have a very hard time respecting are the people who enthusiastically support Trump and act like his behavior isn’t a problem.
As one news anchor put it, Biden is the "Yes, but..." candidate.  

I do think this will tighten up a bunch as we get closer but Trump is way behind for sure and the big difference between this time and last is people have gotten almost 4 years of his shtick and it appeals to a minority of people.
That combined with the meh factor for Biden being better than the dislike factor for Clinton.

The vast majority of Americans wanting an authoritarian government is a bunch of malarkey.
The President of the United States is openly arguing that he will censor, regulate or shut down social media platforms he does not like. I agree a majority of Americans don't support that, but roughly 40+% of Americans support him.

The President of the United States is openly arguing that he will censor, regulate or shut down social media platforms he does not like. I agree a majority of Americans don't support that, but roughly 40+% of Americans support him.
I think he’s referring to shut down a left wing propaganda machine that selectively enforced who they censor in their attempt to mislead and spread falsehoods and dangerous blatantly untrue narratives as a means to spread paranoia.  

I think he’s referring to shut down a left wing propaganda machine that selectively enforced who they censor in their attempt to mislead and spread falsehoods and dangerous blatantly untrue narratives as a means to spread paranoia.  
No contradiction there. As described that’s a torching of the 1st Amendment, the Constitution and free speech.

IIRC, you’re also in favor of holding Trump appointed tribunals of anyone supposedly charged by Durham/Barr for crimes in the Russia investigation.

No contradiction there. As described that’s a torching of the 1st Amendment, the Constitution and free speech.

IIRC, you’re also in favor of holding Trump appointed tribunals of anyone supposedly charged by Durham/Barr for crimes in the Russia investigation.
He’s got a tough job. He’s supposed to serve and protect.  Twitter giving antagonists like Red China a megaphone to basically yell “fire” in a crowded theater poses a problem to national safety as do trolls and bots.   

He’s got a tough job. He’s supposed to serve and protect.  Twitter giving antagonists like Red China a megaphone to basically yell “fire” in a crowded theater poses a problem to national safety as do trolls and bots.   
You’re still not disagreeing with me, just from your POV justifying it. But anyway, thanks for the response.

Jeez...the only thing missing is a little grinding of the hips and a moaning soundtrack.

This guy's a pervert!
Perv is too politically correct of a word for what we witnessed in that video. I will abide by the forum rules though and leave it at that. That video is devastating for Biden.

Guys look who’s back and feeling good about the economy. The Biden handlers must be freaking out. 

As the economic devastation caused by the coronavirus pandemic continues, Paul Krugman sayshe's feeling "more positive than I expected to be" about the recovery.

The economist and New York Times writer spoke in an interview with Bloomberg about the state of the U.S. economy amid the coronavirus pandemic, cautioning that the crisis should not be looked at as "a garden-variety recession" instead of a "shutdown enforced by social distancing."

Asked how long the economic fallout might last, Krugman explained that looking at past recessions, "until now we've had two kinds: 1979-82-type slumps basically caused by tight money and the 2007-09 type caused by private-sector overreach. The first kind was followed by V-shaped 'morning in America' recoveries; the second by sluggish recoveries that took a long time to restore full employment."

Krugman argues that the current crisis is "more like 1979-82 than 2007-09," not being caused "by imbalances that will take years to correct," which suggests a "fast recovery" once the coronavirus is contained. He offers a few caveats, though, nothing that it's unclear how long the pandemic will last and that states reopening too soon could "extend the period of economic weakness."

Almost 40 million Americans have filed initial unemployment claims since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, and economists from Goldman Sachs in a report earlier this month forecasted that the unemployment rate will reach 25 percent with the pre-virus rate not returning for years. Krugman tells Bloomberg, though, that all in all, he doesn't "see the case for a multiyear depression."

This interview with Krugman comes after Jason Furman, former chair of the Council of Economic Advisers, predicted to Politico a "partial rebound" with "the best jobs and growth numbers ever" in the months before the November 

https://theweek.com/speedreads/916724/paul-krugman-says-hes-feeling-more-positive-than-expected-about-economy

Users who are viewing this thread