What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (16 Viewers)

Ryan James Girdusky

@RyanGirdusky

So the executive order of a past president cannot be rescind by the current president as if it were congressional legislation... what a stupid precedent

I actually think a string of losses in the SCOTUS is pretty damaging for Trump.  I'm largely of the belief that the Republican party has gotten behind him in the manner in which they have because they think RBG won't make it 4 years--and Trump as the incumbent has the best chance of winning.  I think if a SCOTUS seat wasn't at stake in their minds--they'd have more to say about his antics.  

When you've appointed two justices and keep taking L's in the SCOTUS--that motivation is going to fade fast.

DACA is saved! Another defeat for President Trump. 

Excellent news. 
Not really.  Now DACA recipients are left in limbo since Congress will now most certainly not come to an agreement on immigration legislation anytime soon.  Trump has already said he wasn't going to deport DACA recipients, but he was using it as a negotiating chip to get the Legislature to act which they haven't done for years.  What the SC also just did was make EO's harder to reverse by future Presidents. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really.  Now DACA recipients are left in limbo since Congress will now most certainly not come to an agreement on immigration legislation anytime soon.  Trump has already said he wasn't going to deport DACA recipients, but he was using it as a negotiating chip to get the Legislature to act which they haven't done for years.  What the SC also just did was make EO's harder to reverse by future Presidents. 
What Trump wanted in terms of negotiation was unacceptable. Don’t kid yourself, this is a huge win for the pro immigration side. 
Any greater deal is going to have to include a Path to Citizenship for most of the undocumented already here. For that to happen, the nativists have to be defeated at the ballot box. 

What Trump wanted in terms of negotiation was unacceptable. Don’t kid yourself, this is a huge win for the pro immigration side. 
Any greater deal is going to have to include a Path to Citizenship for most of the undocumented already here. For that to happen, the nativists have to be defeated at the ballot box. 
You keep saying Pro-immigration.  I don't think most Conservatives are "Anti-Immigration."  We support legal immigration.  

Despite this claim, I have found that many of those who are opposed to undocumented immigration also oppose legal immigration as well- or at least want to change it drastically. 
There are definitely Xenophobic people that don't want anyone here.  

But I think if you look at the values of most Conservatives--it's the legal factor that matters.  We have a good process.  We need to make sure people go through it.  

But I think if you look at the values of most Conservatives--it's the legal factor that matters.  We have a good process.  We need to make sure people go through it.  
I believe you. But the people you’re letting represent you at the moment are not helping. 

Get rid of Trump and those who support him the most strongly and then we can talk. 

I believe you. But the people you’re letting represent you at the moment are not helping. 

Get rid of Trump and those who support him the most strongly and then we can talk. 
Sure Tim. 

How about you guys get rid of Biden and we restart this whole thing?

https://www.pollingreport.com/immigration.htm

You're the polling king Tim.  Here are some immigration polls.

73% of Republicans favor DACA recipients staying in the US.  Even Trump favors them staying.  

39% of Americans think the US/Mexico border issues is a crisis.  35% think it's a major problem.  That's 74% of Americans, not Republicans, Americans.

62% of Americans think healthcare for illegal immigrants is a bad idea.

66% of Americans think decriminalizing illegal border crossings is a bad idea.

Not sure what you mean by pro-immigration, but a majority of Americans want stronger borders and don't want an increase in immigration into America or resources given to illegal immigrants.  

73% of Republicans favor DACA recipients staying in the US.  Even Trump favors them staying.  
Sure doesn't sound like it from this:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 48m

As President of the United States, I am asking for a legal solution on DACA, not a political one, consistent with the rule of law. The Supreme Court is not willing to give us one, so now we have to start this process all over again.

39% of Americans think the US/Mexico border issues is a crisis.  35% think it's a major problem.  That's 74% of Americans, not Republicans, Americans.

Not sure what you mean by pro-immigration, but a majority of Americans want stronger borders and don't want an increase in immigration into America or resources given to illegal immigrants.  
Just to comment on the bolded item, the phrasing of the question matters a great deal here.  I suspect if you asked timschochet "Do you, personally, consider the situation at the U.S. border with Mexico to be a crisis, a major problem, a minor problem, or not a problem for the U.S.?", he would answer "crisis" due to the detention centers.  I wouldn't be at all sure that 74% agree with the GOP here.

yes.

Just to comment on the bolded item, the phrasing of the question matters a great deal here.  I suspect if you asked timschochet "Do you, personally, consider the situation at the U.S. border with Mexico to be a crisis, a major problem, a minor problem, or not a problem for the U.S.?", he would answer "crisis" due to the detention centers.  I wouldn't be at all sure that 74% agree with the GOP here.
This is not and NEVER is something Tim considers when he posts his multiple times a day polling information.

Or are you saying, wait for it, that polls can be skewed?  What?  Thats unpossible!!!  I was under the impression from this board that if Sho, Squish or Tim post polling data, it is 100% accurate and always fair and balanced. 

Rich Conway said:
To this point, in that same survey, 57% said they approved of letting refugees from Central America into the U.S. to escape their current situation. On balance, those polls reflect a country that is very pro-immigration. 

Snotbubbles said:

I know. The public doesn’t agree with me on this. My view on these issues is in the minority and probably always will be. 

I’ve never had any trouble accepting that fact. I don’t know why so many people do, but you see it on both the left and the right (particularly on the far left and the far right): people always believe that the public agrees with them. 

John Bolton was a regular fox contributor. Friend to Sean Hannity, regular on Fox & Friends, invited to be NSA after Trump was reined in by General McMaster, and he's turned against in an instant. Well Trump can turn against Fox as well. Why? Apparently, like Bolton, for telling the truth. I guess we'll have to see if his loyal followers do the same like they have with Bolton.

John Bolton was a regular fox contributor. Friend to Sean Hannity, regular on Fox & Friends, invited to be NSA after Trump was reined in by General McMaster, and he's turned against in an instant. Well Trump can turn against Fox as well. Why? Apparently, like Bolton, for telling the truth. I guess we'll have to see if his loyal followers do the same like they have with Bolton.
This Bolton dog don’t hunt in here, it’s probably best to post this in the outrage of the day post.  

Users who are viewing this thread