What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (13 Viewers)

No, it literally doesn’t mean that. I haven’t even heard what he said but in just reading the responses to what was quoted in this thread, it seems obvious that some folks want to find issue with anything he says. 

Again, you can think he’s full of it or completely disagree, but the semantics of what he said reason out with me. It reads to me that he wants to give more money but differently than before where it was just a check that was sent. I suppose that could mean some sort of pay for community service or whatever. Basically, we’ll give you more money, but at least do something productive for it. That’s how I read it. I don’t see the harm in that.  Didn’t Roosevelt do something similar coming out of the Great Depression? 
Ok. Trump often says things like “we will have wonderful, strong beautiful health care”. That as far as I know is literally the only details he has ever given for his plan. So skeptical when he talks about something like this.

I posted the quote and the article above regarding the Covid relief payments. The extra money that was being given away is set to expire in a few weeks. 

As far as I’m aware there is no plan and this was the first I have heard of this “smarter way”.

Democrats are saying it needs to be extended, Mitch has said they were a bad idea in the first place.

I definitely may have missed details on this debate and where it is in Congress so anyone can correct me on any of this.

I do think this is a ticking bomb. People can’t go back to work because of restrictions, and if nothing is done will start having a lot less money. Rent, loans, debt, etc start not getting paid.

But the polls say nobody supports Trump.  The silent majority speaks with cash and votes not bricks and tik tok   

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/01/trump-campaign-rnc-raise-record-266-million-in-second-quarter/

They are NOT silent.  

They certainly vote much better. As a %.

They certainly do give more money to politics and politicians.
Biden raises more than Trump 2nd consecutive month

The former vice president, in conjunction with the Democratic National Committee, announced a massive fundraising haul for June, raising $141 million, and $282.1 million last quarter, both record sums that outpace the numbers released by President Donald Trump’s reelection effort earlier Wednesday night.

That is pretty ####### insulting. 

That voting block is a majority of registeted Americans. 
It’s been a conservative meme for years: conservatives work, they don’t whine, they never protest (except, I guess, against public health measures). They’re responsible. Liberals are lazy whiners who live off the government. 

• Smile
Reactions: rct
It’s been a conservative meme for years: conservatives work, they don’t whine, they never protest (except, I guess, against public health measures). They’re responsible. Liberals are lazy whiners who live off the government. 
It's really easy to vilify political opponents by accusing them of being lazy.

No, it literally doesn’t mean that. I haven’t even heard what he said but in just reading the responses to what was quoted in this thread, it seems obvious that some folks want to find issue with anything he says. 

Again, you can think he’s full of it or completely disagree, but the semantics of what he said reason out with me. It reads to me that he wants to give more money but differently than before where it was just a check that was sent. I suppose that could mean some sort of pay for community service or whatever. Basically, we’ll give you more money, but at least do something productive for it. That’s how I read it. I don’t see the harm in that.  Didn’t Roosevelt do something similar coming out of the Great Depression? 
Thanks for your response. I see your point now, and I think that would mean something more like Clinton, like workfare. Roosevelt was about direct mass employment by the government.

I think my point had to do with the (IMO) fact that any sort of benefits would just have to be immediate and generous with no strings attached. I realize what you say is indeed a kind of welfare concept but we really don't have time for that. It's an idea that requires extensive government workforce to even monitor and a large dedication of effort by the states, and it would take time to implement, as opposed to just sending checks. The idea of doing anything else, besides either granting money or just plainly not, isn't a realistic option.

The other thing I'll say for those interested in law and order - the no. 1 thing we can do right now to quell the protests and discord in the streets and the extremism in our election is to ease people's fears. People are widely and wildly worried. This has been a dramatic, seismic shift. Ease people's minds that help is on the way immediately and will bridge the gap while we get through this thing. Europe and good chunks of the western and even undeveloped world are already passing through this thing and we are looking at months more of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
NASCAR trying to save their sport.  I may even watch to root for AMERICA’S CAR.  

NASCAR driver Corey LaJoie's No. 32 car will have 'Trump 2020' paint scheme for 9 races
Beginning this Sunday at the Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis, NASCAR driver Corey LaJoie's Cup Series car will sponsored by a pro-Donald Trump PAC.

Read in USA TODAY: https://apple.news/AeedbTo9gSw-dovDgFNJnTA

NASCAR driver Corey LaJoie's No. 32 car will have 'Trump 2020' paint scheme for 9 races
Beginning this Sunday at the Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis, NASCAR driver Corey LaJoie's Cup Series car will sponsored by a pro-Donald Trump PAC.

Oh god....if this car trades paint in ANY way with the BLM car....it will be an impeachable offense!!!

The attorney was part of the ring Trump is taking out?  
You're thinking of Epstein's former lawyer and the ex Secretary of Labor, hired by Trump knowing full well he represented Epstein. When it was publicly exposed on a wide scale Trump of course dumped him. And Trump hired a second Epstein lawyer, Dershowitz, for his own cover-up. Epstein died under Barr's watch too. Bad road to go down for Trump supporters, let's leave it there.

There better be Trump - BLM matchup bet options.   :thumbup:

You're thinking of Epstein's former lawyer and the ex Secretary of Labor, hired by Trump knowing full well he represented Epstein. When it was publicly exposed on a wide scale Trump of course dumped him. And Trump hired a second Epstein lawyer, Dershowitz, for his own cover-up. Epstein died under Barr's watch too. Bad road to go down for Trump supporters, let's leave it there.
Closing down a global pedifile ring is a bad road to go down?  Oof.  

Closing down a global pedifile ring is a bad road to go down?  Oof.  
Claiming it as a "Trump" accomplishment when he acted in a way to obstruct it and when he surrounded himself with participants in the cover-up is a poor road for Trumpists. Seriously I don't want to discuss this further, it's just as liable to land in Clinton/Dem politics as GOP, let's just drop it, the pro-Trump bs on this is just tough to take. If anyone wants to shout 'here's your swamp' I'll shake on it.

Claiming it as a "Trump" accomplishment when he acted in a way to obstruct it and when he surrounded himself with participants in the cover-up is a poor road for Trumpists. Seriously I don't want to discuss this further, it's just as liable to land in Clinton/Dem politics as GOP, let's just drop it, the pro-Trump bs on this is just tough to take. If anyone wants to shout 'here's your swamp' I'll shake on it.
Honestly I assumed it's some weird shtick. 

Lead story into the Propaganda News tonight was how as the holiday approaches Americans flee back into staying at home because of Covid spikes.  :lmao: . No we arent. They are just trying to will the narrative to happen.  

Lead story into the Propaganda News tonight was how as the holiday approaches Americans flee back into staying at home because of Covid spikes.  :lmao: . No we arent. They are just trying to will the narrative to happen.  
A lot of people I know are really scared. More than one of my tenants today expressed fears to me that business has slowed down to a trickle because everyone is terrified to come in- this is especially true with the businesses I lease to that cater to black customers: a hair salon and barber shop. 

So you may think this is funny or something that the media wants to happen, and maybe that’s true in your neck of the woods. Not in mine. 

There's that word again..."sources"....printed in Vanity Fair...

Would these be the same "sources" that fed Russiagate all that time?

Good lord....    :rolleyes:
It’s true, no administration has had as many leaks as this one does. And the pattern is almost always the same: the damaging news comes out, spokespeople for Trump deny it, fans like yourself mock the rest of us for believing it, and then Trump admits that it’s all true. The use of tear gas is only a recent example, but there’s been dozens. I’m fairly confident this story is true as well. 

It’s true, no administration has had as many leaks as this one does. And the pattern is almost always the same: the damaging news comes out, spokespeople for Trump deny it, fans like yourself mock the rest of us for believing it, and then Trump admits that it’s all true. The use of tear gas is only a recent example, but there’s been dozens. I’m fairly confident this story is true as well. 
Just like the pure tonnage of "leaks" that kept you going, waiting for the Mueller Report. Those are what kept you going, hopeful, and happy.

Damaging news comes from the NYT.
Democrats jump on.
NYT's "news" is proven to be false.
Repeat.

No tear gas was used.  HTH

The tear gas conversation is insane by boffsidez because if you use one definition, the WW1 chemical combo that was banned inside the US after the 1930s, you can argue that it wasn't tear gas that was used, but if you follow the DOD and DHS definitions which includes a broad swath of irritant combos, then you can argue that it was used. This is the fish slapping battle in real time.

the use if tear gas being used has already been debunked I figured you would have seen it in here.
The part where this all happened so Trump got his picture with a Bible was the important part. Not the chemical breakdown of the gas that he used on civilians.

That was classic Trump. Transparent, superficial, cheesy, planned with no thought, etc.

His entire administration encapsulated in a few minutes.

Him holding up a Bible like a totally normal person holds a book was perfect.

The part where this all happened so Trump got his picture with a Bible was the important part. Not the chemical breakdown of the gas that he used on civilians.

That was classic Trump. Transparent, superficial, cheesy, planned with no thought, etc.

His entire administration encapsulated in a few minutes. Him holding the Bible upside down was perfect. 
Posting blatant falsehoods is the norm in other threads   Not this one    

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-hold-bible-upside-down/

Users who are viewing this thread