Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

The tweet was faux outrage. He was not condoning “white power.”   Some yahoo said it in the background of an otherwise comical video.  Does he get credit for the beliefs of the crazy old lady yelling at the carts?   So silly to see the stuff that riled up some of these posters.  

Thanks for your answer.  I think it’s a bit more nuisances then that but appreciate your thoughts  

Would you feel this same way if Obama, while in office, had reposted a video of a group of “great people” while a Muslim man was screaming “death to Americans” 

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1
  • Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

5 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Thanks for your answer.  I think it’s a bit more nuisances then that but appreciate your thoughts  

Would you feel this same way if Obama, while in office, had reposted a video of a group of “great people” while a Muslim man was screaming “death to Americans” 

I would have said whoever handles his Twitter account needs to not be such a dope.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I would have said whoever handles his Twitter account needs to not be such a dope.  

Sure. Valid.  
You don’t think Trump himself posted that?   Would it change your opinion of it if he had (or Obama in the example I used)?   

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

Sure. Valid.  
You don’t think Trump himself posted that?   Would it change your opinion of it if he had (or Obama in the example I used)?   

I don’t think Trump posts.  My guess is it’s one of Don Jr. or Eric.  

Besides, I’m not triggered by some background noise that was not the intent of the video.  

17 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I don’t think Trump posts.  My guess is it’s one of Don Jr. or Eric.  

Besides, I’m not triggered by some background noise that was not the intent of the video.  

I’m certainly not triggered, not that I thought you were implying that I was, and I am much closer to your position then I am those who are triggered.  

Where we likely differ though is I believe Trump absolutely posted that personally. But I believe he simply heard someone saying something good about him and because of his ego called them great people and retweeted it.  I also think we probably differ in that while I’m not upset and I can understand why someone would be upset about it, in the same way how I would understand if someone would be upset about the Obama example I used. 

18 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I’m certainly not triggered, not that I thought you were implying that I was, and I am much closer to your position then I am those who are triggered.  

Where we likely differ though is I believe Trump absolutely posted that personally. But I believe he simply heard someone saying something good about him and because of his ego called them great people and retweeted it.  I also think we probably differ in that while I’m not upset and I can understand why someone would be upset about it, in the same way how I would understand if someone would be upset about the Obama example I used. 

If you check in the shadow Trump re-election thread @SaintsInDome2006 has the story of who they believe actually tweets.  That would be a dream job for me. I doubt the guy goes rogue on tweets, but I would bet retweets are all bets are off.  

I did not mean you are triggered.  You are probably one of the few grounded members of the anti-Trump posters.  

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

If you check in the shadow Trump re-election thread @SaintsInDome2006 has the story of who they believe actually tweets.  That would be a dream job for me. I doubt the guy goes rogue on tweets, but I would bet retweets are all bets are off.  

I did not mean you are triggered.  You are probably one of the few grounded members of the anti-Trump posters.  

your last sentence=so true.   never seen so much HATE.  all Trump did was win an election & the dude cares about every dang American out there.    never seen such a concentrated effort to overturn an election.  Trump is a little rough around the edges but holy mamma he get's things done.   unlike most elected who are afraid & won't act until a four State poll indicates what he should do. 

spineless when you only make decisions based on your chance for election & not for the betterment of our Country.  IMO 

• Laughing 4
On 6/29/2020 at 2:22 AM, zoonation said:

This isn’t 2016.  Trump could say anything then and not get called out for it because he had no record to defend.

He now has a record and it is atrocious.  

Toast.  

Your opinion only. The virus was a no win proposition for anyone. The rioting exposed the left for what it is. I have faith in the voters come November .

it’s not popular to say I’m going to vote for Trump so people don’t say it. When it comes to anonymity of a ballot box though, I think the left has way overplayed it’s hand and will regret it. 

• Laughing 1
56 minutes ago, shadrap said:

your last sentence=so true.   never seen so much HATE.  all Trump did was win an election & the dude cares about every dang American out there.    never seen such a concentrated effort to overturn an election.  Trump is a little rough around the edges but holy mamma he get's things done.   unlike most elected who are afraid & won't act until a four State poll indicates what he should do. 

spineless when you only make decisions based on your chance for election & not for the betterment of our Country.  IMO 

Sorry man but :lol: Everything Trump does is to get re-elected. There is nothing else.

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, T J said:

Your opinion only. The virus was a no win proposition for anyone. The rioting exposed the left for what it is. I have faith in the voters come November .

it’s not popular to say I’m going to vote for Trump so people don’t say it. When it comes to anonymity of a ballot box though, I think the left has way overplayed it’s hand and will regret it. 

Coulda been WAY less of a LOSS if virus warnings,  playbooks and pandemic teams weren’t ignored / dismantled by this administration.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, T J said:

It might have been a no-win (though it seems many countries handled it really well and probably got a bump in polls for doing so) but even if was a no-win, we didn’t have to lose so bad. 

27 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

It might have been a no-win (though it seems many countries handled it really well and probably got a bump in polls for doing so) but even if was a no-win, we didn’t have to lose so bad. 

Well, I’m not in the camp that we lost. Balancing health with the strongest economy in the world, and also the free-est country in the world, is a recipe for disaster no matter how you slice it. 

I said from the outset that viruses are a part of human history and sometimes stuff like this just happens, as devastating as it may be. Trying to balance the 3 things I noted was gonna have negative ramifications no matter what. So no, I don’t think we lost at all. I think 2020 sucks though. There’s that.

31 minutes ago, T J said:

Well, I’m not in the camp that we lost. Balancing health with the strongest economy in the world, and also the free-est country in the world, is a recipe for disaster no matter how you slice it. 

I said from the outset that viruses are a part of human history and sometimes stuff like this just happens, as devastating as it may be. Trying to balance the 3 things I noted was gonna have negative ramifications no matter what. So no, I don’t think we lost at all. I think 2020 sucks though. There’s that.

Most deaths and cases of COVID.

Economy- we shall see about that, unemployment is still high. 

Free-est,  not sure how one defines that. We have the highest prison population on the planet by a mile. 

As we look at the 2nd half of 2020, what are the indicators we should be looking for to determine this as a success? (that is a rhetorical question- just something to think about as we see how the summer goes)

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, HellToupee said:

For the record I’m  agnostic when it comes to masks

So, you’re not denying that there is a need for a mask, you just need proof?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Most deaths and cases of COVID.

Economy- we shall see about that, unemployment is still high. 

Free-est,  not sure how one defines that. We have the highest prison population on the planet by a mile. 

As we look at the 2nd half of 2020, what are the indicators we should be looking for to determine this as a success? (that is a rhetorical question- just something to think about as we see how the summer goes)

You equate prison population with my use of the term free-est in the context of nations? I’m talking about the Bill of Rights basically. 

Highest number of cases and deaths are, in my estimation, a byproduct of balancing the economic piece as well as the freedoms we have and expect. It’s unavoidable in the U.S. It just is. 

Seems almost absurd but I’m beginning to wonder if he might just quit the campaign. Come up with some excuse and let Pence run for President? This is reaching such disaster levels that it could literally destroy the Republican position in Congress. 

46 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Seems almost absurd but I’m beginning to wonder if he might just quit the campaign. Come up with some excuse and let Pence run for President? This is reaching such disaster levels that it could literally destroy the Republican position in Congress. 

Tim you are wrong so often but I admire your chutzpah. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Welcome back.  This forum is lessened when great posters are railroaded.   

:goodposting:Month long suspensions handed out to the honest posters who cant just crack open their Wet Dream/Your Mom alias like the regulars do when the get a couple days off really makes amplifies the echo. 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, tonydead said:

:goodposting:Month long suspensions handed out to the honest posters who cant just crack open their Wet Dream/Your Mom alias like the regulars do when the get a couple days off really makes amplifies the echo. 

Joe can’t even keep them in check anymore.  Look what happened to his pretty tame mask thread.  

1 minute ago, The General said:

Thankfully many governors stepped in and put lockdowns in place.

Somebody had to after the Oval Office abdicated all responsibility. Even then, a bunch started rolling back too soon and everything got worse.

57 minutes ago, Megla said:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, will liberals say it's Trump's fault?

I’ll say yes. Probably just Trump allowing some 1200 year old Redwoods to be logged.

• Laughing 1
9 hours ago, T J said:

You equate prison population with my use of the term free-est in the context of nations? I’m talking about the Bill of Rights basically. 

Highest number of cases and deaths are, in my estimation, a byproduct of balancing the economic piece as well as the freedoms we have and expect. It’s unavoidable in the U.S. It just is. 

Well being in prison is certainly the opposite of being free. If you look at research, citizen polls, etc. The US isn’t the most free country and fair country. But that’s really beside the point and I’ll just say, we will have time to see how it all plays it before the election. I want to be optimistic but I’m concerned when I see how well other countries have handled this compared to us.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, The General said:

I’ll say yes. Probably just Trump allowing some 1200 year old Redwoods to be logged.

Guess you missed the part where no one was there

10 minutes ago, The General said:

Trump deployed very powerful, strong robotic loggers like you have never seen before :coffee:

And then some people said they did a very beautiful job of raking the forest

• Laughing 2
4 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Trump’s indomitable will is pretty much saving this country in spite of everything thrown at him   How could anyone even think about voting for Biden?

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/07/01/private-payrolls-estimated-to-rise-by-2-37-million-in-june-may-revised-up-by-5-2-million/

Many people are sheep.  Some are wolves. A few are sheep dogs.  

2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Trump’s indomitable will is pretty much saving this country in spite of everything thrown at him   How could anyone even think about voting for Biden?

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/07/01/private-payrolls-estimated-to-rise-by-2-37-million-in-june-may-revised-up-by-5-2-million/

Where is this indomitable will? We really need it right about now. 

45 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Where is this indomitable will? We really need it right about now. 

Why?  Aren't we able to make our own decisions? Why this deep desire to be led?   I don't understand that.  

Said it before...that seems to be a more liberal stance.  The desire for leaders. And the feeling that somehow our elected folks are those leaders.  Which I soundly reject.

Edited by supermike80
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

ALWAYS a state decision.

Agreed. Lockdowns were by far the most important steps we took to save lives. This was the potential 2 million deaths that @knowledge dropper referenced that were avoided. I believe this is from the task force worst case projections if we did nothing.

Those were the difficult decisions being made by governors. 

Trump was critical of them, for them, for them but not as much. He was all over the place.

Didn’t see a lot of leadership there in that regard.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The General said:

Agreed. Lockdowns were by far the most important steps we took to save lives. This was the potential 2 million deaths that @knowledge dropper referenced that were avoided. I believe this is from the task force worst case projections if we did nothing.

Those were the difficult decisions being made by governors. 

Trump was critical of them, for them, for them but not as much. He was all over the place.

Didn’t see a lot of leadership there in that regard.

The lockdowns slowed the spread of covid, I do agree with that.  

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The lockdowns slowed the spread of covid, I do agree with that.  

I don’t remember the thread we talked in, but that bar in East Lansing you linked pics of the line outside when MSU classes closed is now closed because of a covid outbreak linked to there (since reopen, 100+ cases). 

Edited by Snorkelson
Restaurant I manage has had no contact tracing calls yet, knock on wood
5 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

I don’t remember the thread we talked in, but that bar in East Lansing you linked pics of the line outside when MSU classes closed is now closed because of a covid outbreak linked to there (since reopen, 100+ cases). 

Yeah I don't remember that one either---feels like a thousand years ago

55 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Why?  Aren't we able to make our own decisions? Why this deep desire to be led?   I don't understand that.  

Said it before...that seems to be a more liberal stance.  The desire for leaders. And the feeling that somehow our elected folks are those leaders.  Which I soundly reject.

Honestly do you think we survive the Civil War without Abraham Lincoln? Do the British survive World War II without Churchill? 

In times of crisis we need good leadership. That’s not a “liberal stance” it’s a “common sense” stance. 

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Honestly do you think we survive the Civil War without Abraham Lincoln? Do the British survive World War II without Churchill? 

In times of crisis we need good leadership. That’s not a “liberal stance” it’s a “common sense” stance. 

In BOTH of those situations I absolutely positively do think we survive.  It's utterly ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

In BOTH of those situations I absolutely positively do think we survive.  It's utterly ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

Well, all I can say is that most of my favorite historians (in particular William Manchester and Martin Gilbert on Churchill, Shelby Foote, James McPherson and Doris Kearnes Goodwin on Lincoln) fall on the “utterly ludicrous” side of things. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Well, all I can say is that most of my favorite historians (in particular William Manchester and Martin Gilbert on Churchill, Shelby Foote, James McPherson and Doris Kearnes Goodwin on Lincoln) fall on the “utterly ludicrous” side of things. 

And what's your point?

You want to be led, it's OK..It's not a negative thing.  Some people need that in their lives.  Heck MANY do. But politicians doing that? Um no.Just because the idiocy that is the american population elected some dunderhead to office(trump anyone? AOC?) Doesn't automaticaly make them a leader.

And looking to political folks to lead is silly and yes ludicrous.

Edited by supermike80
Just now, supermike80 said:

And what's your point?

That individual leaders have a profound effect on history. That in times of crisis a Churchill can win you a war and a Chamberlain can lose you a war (or for American purposes an Abraham Lincoln can save your nation and a James Buchanan or George McClellan can lose it.) That Donald Trump has refused to take leadership and the result has been disastrous for our country, and we will suffer for years because of it. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

And sorry Tim, but I have seen your postings here long enough to be able to confidently say I'm not sure your favorite authors or your opinion on things come from a strong position.  You are wrong more than you're right. 

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place