What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

The very definition of a swamp move.  Even pulled late on a Friday.  SMH.  
He still has a way to go.
President Obama Has Now Granted More Commutations than Any President in this Nation’s History
"While the mercy the President has shown his 1,597 clemency recipients is remarkable....President Obama’s 1,385 commutation grants – which includes 504 life sentences – is also more than the total number of commutations issued by the past 12 presidents combined. And with today’s 64 pardons, the President has now granted a total of 212 pardons."

But I'm glad that someone is keeping count.  :coffee:

It's just a shame that we wasted the efforts of an entire platoon and a CNN team while arresting him.

Nothing "swamp move" about that!  

Last edited by a moderator:
President Obama Has Now Granted More Commutations than Any President in this Nation’s History
"While the mercy the President has shown his 1,597 clemency recipients is remarkable....President Obama’s 1,385 commutation grants – which includes 504 life sentences – is also more than the total number of commutations issued by the past 12 presidents combined. And with today’s 64 pardons, the President has now granted a total of 212 pardons."

It's just a shame that we wasted the efforts of an entire platoon and a CNN team while arresting him.

Were any of those people who were convicted of crimes committed in the service of Obama?

He was convicted of obstructing an official proceeding.

Tell me again...exactly what was the focus of this "official proceeding"?
Donald Trump. That was kind of my point. And he was convicted of much more than obstructing an official proceeding.

Are you not going to answer the question?

Donald Trump. That was kind of my point. And he was convicted of much more than obstructing an official proceeding.

Are you not going to answer the question?
Really...."obstructing an official proceeding" is a round-up of what his case.

You want to see the list....Wikipedia.

Roger Stone...a dangerous man who belongs behind bars!
His jail time was commuted....he wasn't pardoned.

Would you feel better if the rule of law applied to everyone?

Really...."obstructing an official proceeding" is a round-up of what his case.

You want to see the list....Wikipedia.

Roger Stone...a dangerous man who belongs behind bars!
His jail time was commuted....he wasn't pardoned.

Would you feel better if the rule of law applied to everyone?
William Barr:

"Attorney General Barr believes Roger Stone prosecution was “righteous” and that he should serve prison time and acknowledges that the decision to pardon Stone is the Presidents call."

https://mobile.twitter.com/pierretabc/status/1281015318601662469?s=21

This was taken from twitter but is a fitting reply to your post....

Jack Goldsmith

@jacklgoldsmith

· 15h

Stone is Trump's 36th pardon/commutation, a record low number, by far, for the modern presidency. An unusually high number of these (31/36 by my count), like Stone's, were based on a personal or political connection. Both are forms of abuse of an undoubted presidential power.

Joe Biden's economic policy proposal: I'm just gonna do what Trump did.  LOL.
Stay in the basement 6 days a week and pop up on the 7th day copying everything Trump has talked about for 4 years. Makes you wonder if the Democrat Party even wants to win this election.

President Trump better get the pardon pen real busy next term if he hopes to catch up to Obama.

More good new guys! Line this up with Durham time in the fall.

Four years ago, Michael Flynn, an intelligence officer with a three-decade military career, became a MAGA star introducing Donald Trump at raucous campaign rallies.

Now, after a prolonged battle against what Trump’s biggest supporters see as a rigged judicial system staffed by Obama-era bureaucrats, Flynn’s status as a deep state-fighting warrior has only grown. And with Flynn on the verge of potentially having criminal charges dismissed altogether, Trump allies are pushing the campaign to give Flynn the ultimate comeback: hitting the campaign trail for the president, according to nine people inside or close to the Trump campaign.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/11/trump-flynn-campaign-353315

Jorge pushing back against the Democrat mob trying to shut down Goya for vocally supporting President Trump. Don’t forget to watch him tonight. Got him at +215  :thumbup:

Jorge Masvidal@GamebredFighter

Don’t listen to the #woke mob #Goya beans are the best beans with some white rice. I’m a Latino son of immigrants that was blessed enough to eat #goyafoods in good times and in the bad times #supernecessary

https://twitter.com/gamebredfighter/status/1281597178675331076?s=21

More good news.  :thumbup:

The federal government has denied Gov. Tim Walz's request for disaster aid to rebuild and repair buildings that were damaged in the aftermath of George Floyd's death.

On July 2, Walz asked President Donald Trump to declare a "major disaster" in Minnesota in response to the destruction of public infrastructure that was damaged by fires. Teddy Tschann, a spokesman for the governor's office, confirmed to KSTP the federal government denied his request for support from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, adding that Walz was "disappointed."

"As we navigate one of the most difficult periods in our state’s history, we look for support from our federal government to help us through," Tschann said in a statement.

A preliminary assessment estimated $15 million in damage directly related to fires, the governor wrote in his request for financial assistance.

According to Walz's office, looting, fires and vandalism damaged nearly 1,500 businesses in the Twin Cities, and the total damages exceeded $500 million.
https://kstp.com/news/feds-deny-walzs-request-for-disaster-funds-to-rebuild-after-unrest/5789332/?cat=1

This Leftist said by and played "the cool guy" and allowed the thugs to destroy parts of his city.

Let them sit and look at the results for a long time and the taxpayers who elected him can pay to repair the damage.
You have a valid point, but who will suffer as a result of not getting aid?

Also, what about Republican governors or sheriffs who were late to the game, or never came to the game, in regards to sensible mandates about wearing masks or social distancing? And are now dealing with increased hospitalizations and are asking for federal aid? If federal aid were denied, who would suffer? 

You have a valid point, but who will suffer as a result of not getting aid?

Also, what about Republican governors or sheriffs who were late to the game, or never came to the game, in regards to sensible mandates about wearing masks or social distancing? And are now dealing with increased hospitalizations and are asking for federal aid? If federal aid were denied, who would suffer? 
Yes, I have a valid point....and there is no "but...."  The taxpayers in TX should not have to pay for the stupidity and cowardice of elected politicians in MN.

Yes, I have a valid point....and there is no "but...."
Let's deny continuing to give aid to Jackson Hospital, until the CEO, city and county mayor, governor and senators get their act together and stop the spread of corona virus, like officials in larger and more dense cities in Asia and Europe have done. BTW,  the 6 officials mentioned above are all Republicans.

Let's deny continuing to give aid to Jackson Hospital, until the CEO, city and county mayor, governor and senators get their act together and stop the spread of corona virus, like officials in larger and more dense cities in Asia and Europe have done. BTW,  the 6 officials mentioned above are all Republicans.
Alabama currently has 1114 Corona Deaths.

22 states have more.

You cutting them off too?

Federal aid to people in need should not be based on local politicians. 
Even Alabama?

Little bit of contradiction here....

But, I agree....it should be the reason that the money is needed that is the determining factor.
In the case of MN...it was the gutless response by they politicians when the population did it to themselves.

Assistance...DENIED!!

Even Alabama?

I was just making a point about Jackson Hospital and Miami, being a COVID outlier. The city, county and/or state are struggling to get the epidemic under control, but I wouldn't punish the frontline workers or sick patients by denying aid to Jackson. The same for the store owners in Minneapolis. The same for Alabama citizens  - did something happen there?

Even Alabama?

But, I agree....it should be the reason that the money is needed that is the determining factor.
In the case of MN...it was the gutless response by they politicians when the population did it to themselves.

Assistance...DENIED!!
It was a learning experience for many cities, where many mayors, even in Miami with a Republican mayor, chose lives over property damage, as a police car was set on fire and Bayside shops were vandalized, while police backed off. 

In Atlanta, the mayor had a 180 after a child was killed near Wendy's.  Some cities let it go on too long.  

After Jan 20, 2021 .... Assistance... Approved!

I love golf as much as the next guy but in 8 years Obama’s went to Europe, Aspen, and the beach and spent less than Trump has golfing at his own places in 4 years. Crazy.
If you are correct then yes that does seem excessive. Perhaps a budget should be discussed for their vacation spending. 

If you are correct then yes that does seem excessive. Perhaps a budget should be discussed for their vacation spending. 
It is absurd but that's mostly because of the great lengths we take to protect the President and their family (rightfully so). Also, it is a stressful job the President should have some vacation or RnR time. My issue with Trump would just be that he used this as a big talking point against Obama and his trips are enriching himself as he's basically taking government money and distributing it to his resorts everytime he does this. That's not cool at all. 

Users who are viewing this thread