What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (13 Viewers)

The Proud Boys believe Trump's comments in the debate are a vote of approval. Are they misunderstanding? Trump can set the record straight in a NY minute with an unambiguous tweet.
Not at all. Hard to interpret Trumps words of" Stand up and stand by" as anything else but a stamp of approval, and they have.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1311276026492846082

Proud Boys celebrate Trump’s ‘stand by’ remark about them at the debate. - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/trump-proud-boys-biden.html

The allegiance to Trump is still strong here.  I haven't seen too many of his supporters actually say that he had a good debate last night.  The overwhelming amount of comments have been negative on how he did.  This isn't to say that Biden was much better though, only that Trump did not blow him out of the water as expected.

The Proud Boys believe Trump's comments in the debate are a vote of approval. Are they misunderstanding? Trump can set the record straight in a NY minute with an unambiguous tweet.
Here we go with the false talking point about expecting the President of the United States to run around correcting any and all fringe group's responses.  You know why he doesn't and shouldn't?  Because all the violence and rioting in the streets is from Antifa and BLM.  As soon as we hear anything, anything at all about the Dems condemning those organizations the right can write off the non-consequential alt-right groups as an after thought.  

Here we go with the false talking point about expecting the President of the United States to run around correcting any and all fringe group's responses.  You know why he doesn't and shouldn't?  Because all the violence and rioting in the streets is from Antifa and BLM.  As soon as we hear anything, anything at all about the Dems condemning those organizations the right can write off the non-consequential alt-right groups as an after thought.  
They are so desperate to cling to the racist false narrative, very sad. 

Biden has issued multiple statements denouncing violent protests since May. And Biden has specifically condemned Antifa (per Fox News)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-condemns-antifa-violent-protests

Biden condemns Antifa, violence 'across the board' amid riots

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said he condemns violence "across the board," including from Antifa, when he was asked about it during a local TV interview Monday.

"I've condemned it across the board," Biden told Pennsylvania's WGAL News 8 in an interview Monday, referring to violence during protests. "The president still hasn't condemned the far-right folks coming out and protesting and using violence."

"Do you condemn Antifa?" reporter Barbara Barr asked Biden.

"Yes, I do, violence no matter who it is," he replied.

[...]

Breitbart had it 85% to 15% Trump.   People love a strong leader.  
Nice random unbiased sample from Breitbart.

Merkel and Jacinda Ahern come to mind when I think of strength.  Stronger than Trump at defeating the invisible virus. I prefer my leaders who try to unite rather than divide. Why are Trump's unfavorables matched only by Hillary?

Biden has issued multiple statements denouncing violent protests since May. And Biden has specifically condemned Antifa (per Fox News)

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said he condemns violence "across the board," including from Antifa, when he was asked about it during a local TV interview Monday.

"I've condemned it across the board," Biden told Pennsylvania's WGAL News 8 in an interview Monday, referring to violence during protests. "The president still hasn't condemned the far-right folks coming out and protesting and using violence."

[...]
Sounds like he did not specifically condemn Antifa.   He could stop this insurrection anytime he wanted to as the self appointed leader of the Democrat Party.   

This guy gets it.  :thumbup:

“Biden got away with endless lies and cheap shots.  The questions were mostly asked from a left perspective  ("the science of climate change," what's wrong with "critical race theory" training," etc.) and Biden went unchallenged by the moderator far too often.   For example, for months Biden was silent about the riots, he has no real plan for the coronavirus, he supports public funding for abortion, etc.  I'd also be interested in seeing the time allocation as well as it certainly seemed to me that Biden had more time.  The president had to force his way into the discussion at times, he was quite good on specifics and getting his issues into the debate.  Biden unleashed repeated personal attacks, including resorting to name-calling,  like "clown," "racist," "shut up," etc.  And Biden looked 10-years older than his 77 years.  More thoughts tomorrow.”

——. Mark Levin

[...]
He didn't straight out denounce and cut ties with Antifa and BLM.  He could set the record straight in a Delaware minute with an unambiguous tweet.

Wallace: If I might finish the question, what does re-imagining policing mean and do you support the Black Lives Matter call for community control of policing?

Biden: almost a full 90 second response without mentioning BLM.
Which doesn't prove he has any ties with them (as you claim).

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it was all white supremacist groups.  And he's got them all covered, that's good.  Weird it should even come up as questions last night.  But if you want to ask Biden about Antifa and BLM I guess it's only fair Trump gets asked the same question that he has already answered. 

You are clinging to a false narrative that everyone in here sees through, please stop flooding this thread with these falsehoods. 
What false narrative? Tony quoted Trump without a link and I provided the actual context and detail as to what  he was talking about (or rather wasn't since he did not specifically name one alt right group). How is that a falsehood?

Trump to Proud Boys: "Stand down!  Whatever group it is, let Law Enforcement handle it!"

Trump just tore down the Proud Boys strawman.  Now it's back to Antifa/BLM vs. Law Enforcement and we all know where Biden stands on that.

Trump to Proud Boys: "Stand down!  Whatever group it is, let Law Enforcement handle it!"

Trump just tore down the Proud Boys strawman.  Now it's back to Antifa/BLM vs. Law Enforcement and we all know where Biden stands on that.
It’s quite telling the gymnastics the Left is going through to create this false narrative of Trump being racist yet they are ready to line up and vote for Biden and his poor history with racism. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2020/may/22/joe-biden-charlamagne-you-aint-black-trump-video

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/biden-said-desegregation-would-create-a-racial-jungle-2019-7%3Famp

Widbil83 said:
Shows you how much the Democrat Party has crumbled. In 2008 Obama got the overwhelmingly majority of these and other police unions. 
In 1996, Clinton had the following quotes in his Democratic convention nomination acceptance speech for re-election:

On crime, we're putting 100,000 police on the streets. We made "three strikes and you're out" the law of the land. We stopped 60,000 felons, fugitives, and stalkers from getting handguns under the Brady bill
And we must ban those cop-killer bullets. They are designed for one reason only, to kill police officers. We asked the police to keep us safe. We owe it to them to help keep them safe while they do their job for us.
Here in 2020, we have DNC VP nominee Harris saying this about the 2020 Riot Season:  "They’re not gonna stop. And they should not"

Completely unrecognizable party from what it was.

The allegiance to Trump is still strong here.  I haven't seen too many of his supporters actually say that he had a good debate last night.  The overwhelming amount of comments have been negative on how he did.  This isn't to say that Biden was much better though, only that Trump did not blow him out of the water as expected.
The only thing blown out of the water was America's credibility as the banner carrier for Freedom and Ideals from International viewers.     The debate was a sh^#show.

The only thing blown out of the water was America's credibility as the banner carrier for Freedom and Ideals from International viewers.     The debate was a sh^#show.
The hardcore right. "Trump killed it"

The hardcore left. "Biden did well considering..."

The generous middle. "I'm embarrassed for my country" (with a Patrick Stewart face palm).

So it appears the truth is Trump has paid millions to the IRS. However, due to the way our tax code is designed he gets to benefit by writing off depreciation and lots of other expenses.  His tax liability may be $750.  Trump being the benevolent patriot has chosen to keep his millions in the Treasury and roll the credits forward rather than get a refund. In essence, Trump has donated millions of his fortune to our country interest free.  

Actually, The Debate Was About Issues

Stanley KurtzSeptember 30, 2020 8:17 AM

President Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden stand on stage a the end of their first presidential campaign debate in Cleveland, Ohio, September 29, 2020. (Jonathan Ernst/Reuters)

I know. A lot of folks are saying the debate was an ugly, insult-filled shouting match that barely got down to cases. Actually, I thought it was a highly entertaining exchange that helpfully spotlighted the candidates’ differences on issues. An ugly, angry exchange? Well, at least it looked like America. If you took all the people who bite their tongues instead of saying what they really think of folks on the other side, put them in a room together and let them loose, this is what we would sound like. Pretty? No. Honest. Yes. The debate’s decorum was a snapshot of where we are as a country. I think that’s less because of the president’s personality than because we don’t agree with each other about some pretty fundamental things—and because much of what we disagree about is the motivation of the other side.

Some say the shouting match must have put off persuadable voters in the middle. I have a different take. Voters who haven’t decided yet aren’t likely waiting for a nuanced policy debate. If they were, they’d have already made up their minds. Instead, undecideds haven’t yet focused as much on the issues as we political junkies have. Undecideds are looking for the big-picture on the candidates’ differences, and that is what they got.

For my money, the law-and-order segment was the decisive exchange of the night. The differences between the candidates were stark. I think Trump was likely the big winner there, but that presumes the country is closer to his view than Biden’s. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. The section on climate change versus the economy was also clarifying. The most important and politically consequential controversy—Biden’s shifting position on fracking—was never properly addressed. Even so, the very different ways in which the candidates strike the balance on environment-versus-economy came through. I think that’s another winner for Trump.

I used to listen to debates like a policy wonk. That blinded me to much of what was happening in 2016. Of course, this isn’t 2016. Four years later, the president’s abrasive ways have worn thin with many voters. During these exchanges, however, I saw a president who was sharp as a tack, well able to call up interactions he’d had with world leaders and his policy people in order to make his points. Trump was tough to the point of rudeness, as usual, but had an energy, acuity, and strength that Biden lacked. When it comes to policy details, Trump can be frustratingly thin. But when it comes to the big-picture issues and options, the president comes through. He never explained in detail why Critical Race Theory is so pernicious, for example. But I’m betting that enough voters have knowledge of these insidious indoctrination sessions and the troubling culture they’ve spawned to take the president’s point. What other politician would have had the guts to tackle this issue? A lot of voters will appreciate that.

Biden held up very well for about the first hour. He far surpassed the ridiculously low expectations Republicans had set for him, and that has undoubtedly helped him. That said, Biden seemed to me to visibly fade in the last half-hour. He never quite lost it, but his mumbling, semi-confused manner emerged. A couple of times it seemed as though the president’s interruptions actually saved Biden from what was beginning to devolve into word salad.

I don’t think the tax return issue hurt the president at all. Biden’s denials on the charges of Hunter’s corruption are unconvincing to anyone who has followed the issue. Even so, the Democrat-dominated media will likely succeed at obscuring the controversy. For all the personal attacks, it was the big-picture policy differences that came through. I think this will matter to undecided voters.

Maybe that’s all neither here nor there in the face of the tone and tenor of the debate. Maybe voters are just tired of the president’s aggressiveness or wary of Biden’s age and acuity, or just sick and tired of the whole ugly mess that our politics has become. A lot of the commentary so far has suggested as much.

Perhaps. But I think this debate has reminded the relatively few voters who may have only recently tuned in to this election how profoundly the candidates differ on the direction our country should take. To me, that suggests the race will continue to tighten.

NOW WATCH: 'Biden Says Antifa is ‘An Idea, Not An Organization’ during Presidential Debate'

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/actually-the-debate-was-about-issues/

https://www.rttnews.com/1346815/naacp-mourns-the-passing-of-senator-byrd.aspx

NAACP Mourns The Passing Of Senator Byrd

By RTTNews Staff Writer   ✉   | Published: 6/29/2010 3:42 PM ET

Despite Senator Robert Byrd's, D-W.V., checkered past concerning race relations, the NAACP released a statement Tuesday in which the group said it mourns Byrd's passing.

"The NAACP is saddened by the passing of United States Senator Robert Byrd," the group stated in its release.

NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous said, "Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation."

"Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country," he added.

According to Hilary Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau, Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP's civil rights agenda, standing with the group on "many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation."

[...]

The hardcore right. "Trump killed it"

The hardcore left. "Biden did well considering..."

The generous middle. "I'm embarrassed for my country" (with a Patrick Stewart face palm).
I feel like Trump wasted a huge opportunity in this debate.  Nobody won, everybody lost.  The SC topic should have been a layup for him and he screwed it up.  He should have gotten Biden on record about packing the Court, getting rid of the electoral college and expanding the amount of States in the Union.  Then he kept going after Biden's kids, instead of his policy proposals.  Hopefully this was just the fact that a sitting President usually does poorly in the first debate, but if it's a sign of things to come, then Trump isn't going to swing any votes with his current tactics.

So it appears the truth is Trump has paid millions to the IRS. However, due to the way our tax code is designed he gets to benefit by writing off depreciation and lots of other expenses.  His tax liability may be $750.  Trump being the benevolent patriot has chosen to keep his millions in the Treasury and roll the credits forward rather than get a refund. In essence, Trump has donated millions of his fortune to our country interest free.  

Yeah, he paid something like $95M in taxes over the past 18 years.

Snotbubbles said:
I feel like Trump wasted a huge opportunity in this debate.  Nobody won, everybody lost.  The SC topic should have been a layup for him and he screwed it up.  He should have gotten Biden on record about packing the Court, getting rid of the electoral college and expanding the amount of States in the Union.  Then he kept going after Biden's kids, instead of his policy proposals.  Hopefully this was just the fact that a sitting President usually does poorly in the first debate, but if it's a sign of things to come, then Trump isn't going to swing any votes with his current tactics.
Kid's?  Hunter is 50 years old.  I don't mind that he went after his adult offspring at all.  He just needs to do it a little better - wait until his 2 minutes, list off all his questions and claims about Biden/his record/Hunter and turn it over to Joe.  Joe can't count to 3 let alone remember to respond to 3 different claims Trump could make.  

All these debates are set up wrong.  Screw the moderator repeating the question and helping them keep on track, all you need is a clock referee.  Let them debate by letting each candidate take turns questioning the other on what they think is important.

Hope Hicks, who traveled with Trump to the debate, has tested positive for coronavirus, with symptoms. 

ETA: NEWS: Hope Hicks, who traveled with Trump aboard Air Force One to and from the presidential debate on Tuesday, and to his Minnesota rally yesterday, has coronavirus, sources tell me.

Trump says he's just been tested because of Hope Hicks testing positive, then adds, "Whether we quarantine or whether we have it, I don't know." He adds, "We'll see what happens. Who knows."

Anonymous sources say. No wonder the covid count is so high. 

Is it just me or is Kamala completely absent from all of Joe's commercials?   
For the record, Trump himself said she tested positive when he called in to Hannity tonight, and tweeted that he and Melania are starting quarantine.

Chalk up another win for the anonymous sources, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread