What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (16 Viewers)

My thoughts are with President Trump and his wife tonight. 
I don’t like him; that’s no secret, I don’t  think he’s been a good President and I don’t think he’s been a good person. But I also don’t think he’s evil, and he is my President. He is the leader of the nation and I wish him a full recovery. And of course the same for Melania. 
I wasn’t going to post in this thread until after the election but this news changes things. I want to wish all of the Trump supporters in here well. These are scary times and I hope you and your families are safe. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins· 4h

I’m told a small group of officials were aware Thursday a.m. that Hope Hicks had tested positive. Despite that, President Trump traveled to New Jersey for a fundraiser and his press secretary held a briefing.

I’m told a small group of officials were aware Thursday a.m. that Hope Hicks had tested positive. Despite that, President Trump traveled to New Jersey for a fundraiser and his press secretary held a briefing.
So disgustingly selfish. 

The guy just never stops working. 

Anyone see this at Breitbart?

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/10/01/washington-post-tweets-after-trump-coronavirus-news-imagine-what-it-will-be-like-to-never-have-to-think-about-trump-again/

Washington Post Tweets After Trump Coronavirus News: ‘Imagine What It Will Be Like to Never Have to Think About Trump Again’;  
The Washington Post @washingtonpost 6h

The Post has removed a tweet pictured below, which was written Thursday and released through an automated program, because the subsequent news of President Trump’s infection rendered it tasteless.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1311924855810461696

It was tasteless regardless of when it was posted.  Par for the course for biased media though
It was an op-ed opinion piece which was not referencing directly or indirectly Trump's health or testing positive for COVID-19. I imagine it was speculating about life in this country for Democrats after Trump leaves office (most of us are just burned out from the daily drama, name calling, lies and histrionics). As such it wouldn't be tasteless in that context IMO.

Posted prior to the announcement, specific to an oped, that had nothing to do about covid. Non-news with the exception that automated automated social media programs are not sensitive to extenuating circumstances in real-time (every major company uses them).
News people work really hard to get the most attention grabbing headline and then forget completely what that headline is and when they scheduled it to be release as soon as they push the button.  That's your defense?

News people work really hard to get the most attention grabbing headline and then forget completely what that headline is and when they scheduled it to be release as soon as they push the button.  That's your defense?
Pretty much. Critique the actual oped if your going for substance and meaning. (or the response time to pull it down...that falls on your PR team). Headlines are meant for clicks plain and simple.

You could literally say the same argument when Trump retweeted the Time's article that was misconstrued to him winning elections beyond 2020 when in fact the article was focused on his influence beyond his two terms.

Not relating to this thread , just the psf , there are  people posting here with some serious issues. I’d hate to go through life like them. I really would, serious issues . 
Dude, you're telling me.  Try starting the season with ALL THREE of your starting WRs hurt.

There's always an excuse sadly, never changes even in these circumstances. 

Do you really think the person who wrote the piece literally "pushes the button" in the middle of the night?

Change "News People" to any CPG, media, travel, apparel, tech, fortune 500 company's social media/PR group. You should contact your company's PR/social team and ask them what their program, agency is and protocol. I've been at companies where some of these posts are scheduled weeks out.

Trump campaign: "All previously announced campaign events involving the President’s participation are in the process of being moved to virtual events or are being temporarily postponed," and events "involving members of the First Family are also being temporarily postponed."

Trump campaign: "All previously announced campaign events involving the President’s participation are in the process of being moved to virtual events or are being temporarily postponed," and events "involving members of the First Family are also being temporarily postponed."
Follow-up:  Pence will continue his schedule of campaign events.

Not relating to this thread , just the psf , there are  people posting here with some serious issues. I’d hate to go through life like them. I really would, serious issues . 
The behavior in here after today's news is something, but after the behavior the last 4 years are you really surprised? Par for the course. 

No surprise at all . The stasi swoops in and erases the worst posts and march on keeping the likeminded offenders posting
For real, it’s just like in Poltergeist, “you removed the headstones but left the bodies!” The same half dozen people are continuously allowed to haunt this place.

Change "News People" to any CPG, media, travel, apparel, tech, fortune 500 company's social media/PR group. You should contact your company's PR/social team and ask them what their program, agency is and protocol. I've been at companies where some of these posts are scheduled weeks out.
:mellow:   They admitted the article was written yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread