What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (17 Viewers)

Reposting here because of nonsense like the above.  It's worth posting the full article.

This blows the audit nonsense/stupidity of the AZ GOP wide open.

STEPHEN RICHER is the Maricopa County recorder. He was elected, as a Republican, in November 2020, and took office in January and writer of the linked/below

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/05/the-madness-of-the-maricopa-county-election-audit/

I’m a libertarian-minded Republican. I hate taxes. Especially the income tax. But I pay all required taxes.

I suspect you also pay your taxes. And like most Americans, you probably don’t cheat or lie.

For that reason, even though an IRS audit might annoy you and cause you some stress, you’d eventually realize that you have nothing to fear as long as the audit is done fairly and properly.

But you’d likely feel differently if the IRS outsourced the audit to someone who:

Had no applicable professional credentials

Had never previously run a tax audit

Believed that Hugo Chavez had nefariously controlled your tax-auditing software

Had publicly stated prior to examining your taxes that you’d certainly committed tax fraud

That is what is happening to elections in Maricopa County, Ariz. — the home of almost two-thirds of Arizona’s voting population.

In the immediate aftermath of the November 3, 2020, election, Maricopa County oversaw a hand-count audit of over 47,000 votes, a statistically significant sampling as determined by multiple professional statisticians. The recognized political parties — Republican, Democrat, and Libertarian — administered the hand count in groups of three volunteers appointed by party leadership. Those hand-counted results matched the machine-tabulated results with 100 percent accuracy. Perfect accuracy. This was the third hand count performed by the political parties in 2020 that confirmed the accuracy of Maricopa County’s tabulation equipment.

The same is true of the pre-election and post-election tests done of the tabulation equipment — 100 percent accuracy. The machines are state and federally certified, and the county has used machines owned by the same parent company (Dominion) since 1998 without problems or discrepancies.

Nonetheless, in February, the county enlisted two professional, certified elections-equipment companies to analyze the oft-voiced concerns regarding the Dominion tabulation software and hardware. The county asked the two election companies to do everything necessary to:

Analyze hacking vulnerabilities of both the tabulation hardware and software

Verify that no malware had been installed to the tabulators

Determine if the tabulators had connected to the Internet at any point before, during, or after the election

Assess if any vote switching occurred as a result of the tabulators

Both companies used methodologies honed over the course of hundreds of previous examinations. Neither company found problems with the tabulators. Their reports are available online.

We also had the benefit of the eight court cases challenging Maricopa County’s election administration. None of those eight cases found any widespread inaccuracy, fraud, or wrongdoing. Only two were dismissed for lack of standing.

Armed with these facts and professional assessments, I made the only reasonable conclusion I could make: Maricopa County accurately tabulated the November 3 ballots. I say this without any bias or skin in the game. The irony of all of this is that I was merely a candidate in November. In fact, I defeated the incumbent Democrat who was previously the top elections official for the county. (I guess he forgot to rig his own election? Or was it a clever ruse?)

But the Arizona Senate didn’t feel comfortable with that conclusion and is now conducting its own audit. For an unknown reason, Maricopa County is the only county of Arizona’s 15 counties being audited, and only the top two contests on the ballot — the presidential, in which Joe Biden (D) defeated incumbent Donald Trump (R), and the Senate race, in which Mark Kelly (D) defeated incumbent Martha McSally (R) — are being audited. Down-ballot, Republicans held the state legislature and won five of the six countywide seats.

At least one professional, widely known, certified elections company (Clear Ballot) applied to do the Senate’s audit. The Senate rejected that official bid.

The Senate has not provided any details on its selection process and ultimately chose a company that did not formally apply. That company is Cyber Ninjas — a tiny cybersecurity company from Sarasota, Fla. This is the first election audit ever run by Cyber Ninjas. You did not read that wrong: Before being handed the lead position in maybe the most consequential post-election audit ever, Cyber Ninjas had run zero election audits. Understandably, nobody in the elections community had ever heard of Cyber Ninjas. Neither Christian Ziegler, vice chairman of the Republican Party of Florida — where the Cyber Ninjas are from — nor Representative Vern Buchanan, whose election in 2006 caused changes to Florida election law, had previously heard of, or worked with, Cyber Ninjas. That’s right: The state that gave America the hanging chad had never heard of Cyber Ninjas.

Even more troubling than the lack of any election-audit experience are the publicly stated beliefs of Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan.

Logan has indulged the wildest election conspiracy theories, including the one that deceased Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez somehow had a hand in rigging America’s elections. Perhaps because of the malignant influence of Chavez, Logan had already concluded, prior to even starting the audit, that the nation’s elections were fraudulent (“I’m tired of hearing people say there was no fraud. It happened, it’s real, and people better get wise fast,” read a tweet he once retweeted). He also authored a report called “Election Fraud Facts & Details” for conspiracy-theorist-in-chief Sidney Powell, who has started singing a very different tune since getting sued by Dominion for defamation.

The resulting audit is about what you’d expect. The auditors spent days using UV lights looking for watermarks as a result of a popular QAnon theory about the election (Maricopa County’s ballots don’t have watermarks), and they’re still examining the paper ballots for traces of bamboo fibers to prove that the ballots were fraudulently flown in from China (our ballots are printed in none other than Arizona). The volunteer workers of the audit are recruited mostly from Republican Party sources, including a former Arizona Republican Party chairman and a former Republican state legislator who was on the November 3 ballot and also at the January 6 rally at the Capitol. Just how Republican-heavy the workforce is has not been disclosed. There is no documented process for vetting audit workers, but that component is now being managed by Patrick Byrne, another election conspiracy theorist and friend of Sidney Powell.

The methodology is no better. It’s a slipshod process that would never be used by professional election auditors and which has earned the widespread ridicule of election officials. Cyber Ninjas even committed the rookie mistake of having a blue pen (which can be used to mark ballots) in the ballot-counting area. The company only learned of this faux-pas when an on-site journalist expressed concern (and journalists have not been allowed at all parts of the audit). The subcontractor who set up the recount process recently decided to walk off the job after having only completed one-fourth of the ballots. The hand count was originally set to finish in mid May, but despite having tables that rotate ballots at a whiplash speed and likely faster than volunteers can count, the count is still ongoing.

As for the funding of this multi-month endeavor, it’s dripping with irony. The same people who have thrown fits that Mark Zuckerberg very publicly, transparently, and lawfully provided grant funding to help election officials during coronavirus are now shaking the can for private, undisclosed donations to this audit. They’ve already raised millions of dollars and have benefited from the munificence of far-from-impartial sources such as One America News Network and pro-Trump conspiracy theorist lawyer Lin Wood.

That’s your audit. Are you still comfortable? If you are, do you think your Democrat friends are?

Perhaps I could have celebrated another confidence-boosting audit if it had been run by a professional elections firm like Clear Ballot. Or else a top-notch auditor like Deloitte.

But Cyber Ninjas? I’m not going to believe a darn thing they say. And I’m a Republican who voted for Trump.
the fact that they're pursuing QAnon theories about UV watermarks that don't exist is really all you need to know about this audit.  

Last week, the DOJ announced an end to the practice of seizing the records of journalists to find the sources of classified leaks, a policy that began before Trump took office and continued after he left.

Looks like Tim was in so far over his head in the debate thread he just reported GG? So typical. 😆
Tim rarely if ever reports people (claims he has only done so once). 

However, to paraphrase Denny Green, GG was who we thought he was. Maybe if GG had maintained his usual shtick, the thread, as horrible as it was, would still be open. However he engaged in name calling then spoke for the mods as how the loser of the debate would be dealt with by them, which was a bridge too far. 

The whole thing was a farce from the start. I get a kick out of GG's shtick (and anyone who thinks that alias isn't there for a regular to log in and have some fun is kidding themselves, and to whoever it is, props on some of the comedy because some of it is amusing), but there was no real intention to debate Tim.  I don't often agree with Tim's takes, as I think he is off too off the rails about certain things (his trust for the MSM, immigration), but if nothing else he has no problem having a back and forth with anyone, shown by his 19 billion posts since 2009. :P  

The whole thing was a farce from the start. I get a kick out of GG's shtick (and anyone who thinks that alias isn't there for a regular to log in and have some fun is kidding themselves, and to whoever it is, props on some of the comedy because some of it is amusing), but there was no real intention to debate Tim.  I don't often agree with Tim's takes, as I think he is off too off the rails about certain things (his trust for the MSM, immigration), but if nothing else he has no problem having a back and forth with anyone, shown by his 19 billion posts since 2009. :P  
19 Billion?  That's amateur hour to Tim.  ;)

Trump said they are taking the WH back sooner then anyone expects.. He knows something, wheels have been put in motion to get him back in.. Arizona is just the first step.
There is no mechanism in the Constitution to take back the WH before the 2024 election. The results have been certified and its over - the fat lady has sung. 

There is no mechanism in the Constitution to take back the WH before the 2024 election. The results have been certified and its over - the fat lady has sung. 
There is always a way. With Senate, Congress, and SCOTUS the constitution cab be changed. 

Also, when we win the house name Trump speaker and impeach Biden and Harris 

There is always a way. With Senate, Congress, and SCOTUS the constitution cab be changed. 

Also, when we win the house name Trump speaker and impeach Biden and Harris 
There actually isn't, not in this instance. That is wishful thinking at best and mostly just pure fantasy.

Even the present makeup of SCOTUS with its Trump appointees would never, ever go along with this - and if they did, we might as well tear up the Constitution. 

There actually isn't, not in this instance. That is wishful thinking at best and mostly just pure fantasy.

Even the present makeup of SCOTUS with its Trump appointees would never, ever go along with this - and if they did, we might as well tear up the Constitution. 
Amendments can be adopted with 2/3 Congress. Republicans have and will continue to gain seats. 

but nobody cares about paper written 250+ years ago. I would love to see Republicans  take over and draft a new constitution. 

Amendments can be adopted with 2/3 Congress. Republicans have and will continue to gain seats. 

but nobody cares about paper written 250+ years ago. I would love to see Republicans  take over and draft a new constitution. 
  :mellow:

Really, tell that to gun owners about the 2nd Amendment.

And it takes more than just 2/3 of Congress, it also takes an Amendment to be ratified by 2/3 of the States, which won't happen either. 

Now you're saying the quiet part out loud. Most of us like that old paper very much. I find your proposal disgusting and counter to what good men and women have been fighting for over the course of our great Nation's history. To think there is a squad of folks here who like your posts is telling. Gutter level diarrhea of a post. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would certainly like the PennStaters to explain where it says in the Constitution that an election that already has been certified could be overturned or reinstatement is possibly without an unconstitutional military coup but waiting for facts or links to such things is from this group  dancing in fantasyland is pointless.

I would certainly like the PennStaters to explain where it says in the Constitution that an election that already has been certified could be overturned or reinstatement is possibly without an unconstitutional military coup but waiting for facts or links to such things is from this group  dancing in fantasyland is pointless.
His answer is "nobody cares about paper written 250 plus years ago?"

There is no mechanism to overturn the 2020 election; however, there is a mechanism for Trump to become President before 2024. The Republicans have to take both the House and Senate in 2022. The House elects Trump as Speaker. Then Congress impeaches and removes Biden and Harris.

Far fetched, but technically possible.

There is no mechanism to overturn the 2020 election; however, there is a mechanism for Trump to become President before 2024. The Republicans have to take both the House and Senate in 2022. The House elects Trump as Speaker. Then Congress impeaches and removes Biden and Harris.

Wait I thought Trump was going to back in in August of 2021? What you suggest wouldn't get Trump in until well into 2023

The Republicans would not only have to take back the Senate, they would need 67 seats. Or, they would have to find some Democratic senators to go along. 

Users who are viewing this thread