What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (15 Viewers)

A lot of the Obama  gaffes are because Obama just isn't very intelligent…….. 

Navy corpsemen

R-S-P-E-C-T." --flubbing the spelling of Aretha Franklin's famous song "Respect" while paying tribute to the iconic singer

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." 

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."

It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian

When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..."  referring to Hawaii as Asia 

What are you talking about?
Admitting he is only allowed to call on certain people in the press pool.

Saying he is going to be in trouble if he can't find his mask.

Not being allowed to answer off the cuff questions without talking to his aides first because he might say something wrong.

The guy is a puppet. Not a leader. He answers to other people. 

Actually…you’re losing the argument. 
Right now the vast majority of those who question Biden’s competence are on the far right. The idea that he’s senile hasn’t spread to the general population or even moderate conservatives; that’s reflected in Biden’s approval ratings which continue to be historically high for a peacetime President. I don’t think his performance in the summit will hurt that rating. Neither will the upcoming infrastructure deal, which apparently is going to happen without any Republican support. 
“He’s not competent” isn’t working, “He’s being controlled by leftist radicals” didn’t work either; you’re going to have to find something else. 
If you can’t meet the argument post a laughing emoji instead. 

Admitting he is only allowed to call on certain people in the press pool.

Saying he is going to be in trouble if he can't find his mask.

Not being allowed to answer off the cuff questions without talking to his aides first because he might say something wrong.

The guy is a puppet. Not a leader. He answers to other people. 
No, that is not quite right. Because his time in the presser is limited he has a list prepared ahead of time so he can remember to call on the major players in the press pool (so they don't get overlooked in favor of someone with a press pass from Podunk News). He is probably involved in that process and I doubt that he is told who he is only allowed to call.  :lol:

And it seems when he is not wearing a mask it always seems to make headlines (and is posted in this forum) so yeah he would be in trouble.

I didn't see him consulting his aides before answering in the press summit presser.

It amazes me that people think Trump is a compelling speaker.  I get that people are somehow attracted to his bravado and aggressiveness.  But almost everything that comes out of his mouth is just reflective vein glory and substantively vacuous.  The man is a serial liar.  

Don't care. He could run around the WH in his underwear and I wouldn't care. If the Republicans are upset he's doing the job I voted for him to do.
he might actually do this though, there was that story of him swimming naked at home in front of female secret service agents.

No, that is not quite right. Because his time in the presser is limited he has a list prepared ahead of time so he can remember to call on the major players in the press pool (so they don't get overlooked in favor of someone with a press pass from Podunk News). He is probably involved in that process and I doubt that he is told who he is only allowed to call.  :lol:

And it seems when he is not wearing a mask it always seems to make headlines (and is posted in this forum) so yeah he would be in trouble.

I didn't see him consulting his aides before answering in the press summit presser.
I really can't dumb this down anymore for you. But let's give it a go...

He doesn't lead. His actions are those of a man who isn't in control of the room. 

But from your reply, it appears he is too dumb to remember who to call on. Could get in trouble from the guys on the FBG politics board and he doesn't need to consult his aides mid presser after they already briefed him and coordinated the questions.... so I guess that's something to hang your hat on.

He doesn't lead. His actions are those of a man who isn't in control of the room. 

But from your reply, it appears he is too dumb to remember who to call on. Could get in trouble from the guys on the FBG politics board and he doesn't need to consult his aides mid presser after they already briefed him and coordinated the questions.... so I guess that's something to hang your hat on.
That was uncalled for.

That was uncalled for.
A little over the line, but not typical of Max.  He's usually polite and is one of the Trump fans who speaks from the heart and does not just try and troll. I'll let it slide this time.  😉 

He really should hold a presser without pre-designed questions and questioners.   could put to sleep the mental decline angle.   edit: i don't think his aides will allow this though.

Last edited by a moderator:

You have no idea how he runs his government.  You have no idea whether or how he leads.  You are just making assumptions based on your bias opinion and erroneous data points (his demeanour in the press room).  

Trump’s press conferences were absolute train wrecks.  Look no further than his daily covid briefings that were equal parts cringey and frightening.  
I would say Biden gets a pass for mumbling or mispeaks until he recommends drinking bleach.  At that point we just have to hand over the reigns to Kamala.

You have no idea how he runs his government.  You have no idea whether or how he leads.  You are just making assumptions based on your bias opinion and erroneous data points (his demeanour in the press room).  
I mean perception is reality right? I see a man who doesn't command a room. A guy who admits behind the scenes he gets in trouble for what he does in public.

I dont think other world leaders are looking at Joe Biden thinking "yeah, this guy has it all under control" 

I come from a very non-PC community. We use the phrase all the time, so I didn't think anything of it.  :shrug:
Fairly mild comment but you must remember who you are dealing with

dumb down

phrasal verb of dumb

simplify or reduce the intellectual content of something so as to make it accessible to a larger number of people.

"critics have accused publishers of dumbing down books"

become less intellectually challenging.

"the need to dumb down for mass audiences"

Trump’s press conferences were absolute train wrecks.  Look no further than his daily covid briefings that were equal parts cringey and frightening.  
They made Trump look bad, so ignorant, uninformed, and inept (ingesting bleach?) that he had to quit doing them despite the publicity that money couldn't buy from having a daily national audience. The idea was to make him look him Presidential, but failed miserably (or he would kept doing them).

Fairly mild comment but you must remember who you are dealing with

dumb down

phrasal verb of dumb

simplify or reduce the intellectual content of something so as to make it accessible to a larger number of people.

"critics have accused publishers of dumbing down books"

become less intellectually challenging.

"the need to dumb down for mass audiences"
Then I am sure you should have no issue in the future if I say I have to "dumb down" something for you so that you can actually understand it. 

Let's face it, most of our recent presidents weren't exactly brainiacs.
Obama was a pretty sharp guy (please refrain from using laughing emojis).

Obama's academic credentials — including degrees from two Ivy League universities — were among the best of any of our presidents. And he taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years.

Obama was a pretty sharp guy (please refrain from using laughing emojis).

Obama's academic credentials — including degrees from two Ivy League universities — were among the best of any of our presidents. And he taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years.
I did say most.

They made Trump look bad, so ignorant, uninformed, and inept (ingesting bleach?) that he had to quit doing them despite the publicity that money couldn't buy from having a daily national audience. The idea was to make him look him Presidential, but failed miserably (or he would kept doing them).
Yep.  You can’t fake leadership in times of crisis and surrounding yourself with sycophants will ultimately come back to bite you.  Especially something like a pandemic.  The emperor had no clothes.  

Well you referenced Trump recommended drinking bleach.   He did not, that's all.
No, those were not his exact words, but this is what he did say:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/23/trump-bleach-one-year-484399

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.”
Quite a few people interpreted that as a suggestion for drinking bleach or household disinfectants, to the point that the makers of Clorox and Lysol put out public statements cautioning Americans not to inject or ingest their products.

Users who are viewing this thread