What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (19 Viewers)

:thanks:

The spamming the MAGA thread with intent to get it closed is blatantly obvious.  
It’s quite a case study in how childish behavior can become due to political obsession….hoping our friends can find a healthier outlet and move on at some point. Hope you had a good weekend fellas. 

“i’m getting the word out”: inside the feverish mind of donald trump two months after leaving the white house"

In an hours-long interview with Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker from his Mar-a-Lago throne, the former president repeated his election lies, bashed Mitch McConnell (“he’s a stupid person”), and teased a triumphant comeback.

Vanity Fair article that I thought was very fascinating look at Trump and his post-election mindset.   It revolves around a sit-down interview with Trump at Mar-a-Lago, slated for an hour, but stretched to two-and-a-half.  Trump does not hold back on many things - who he thinks betrayed him, why Pence should have sent the elections back to the states, why he won't run with Christie or Haley, etc.  (There are some critical aspects of the article, that you might not enjoy if you are a Trump supporter - but I think overall, its really a refreshingly honest look at Trump, mostly in his own words. And, if you are a Trump Supporter, I think you would enjoy the reporting aspect, without the commentary.)

It really depicts a man who enjoys the idolatry and deference given by the GOP players.  

It will be interesting to see if he actually runs in 2024. I think he will opt not to run - and instead enjoy pulling the strings behind the scenes.  He seems to enjoy his role now, more than he really enjoyed being president, with all the trappings and criticisms that came with that position.

Squish denied this being true, because it offended him.  That's why it was mentioned..Not sure facts matter that much to him
I didn't deny that was what her stepkids may have called her. That however, is not a name she has asked others to use for her and I have never seen other Democrats call her that nor have I ever seen it used by anyone on any MSNBC broadcast. 

I didn't deny that was what her stepkids may have called her. That however, is not a name she has asked others to use for her and I have never seen other Democrats call her that nor have I ever seen it used by anyone on any MSNBC broadcast. 
You said that.  nevertheless its what she is called.  You rejected the fact because it didn't align with your feelings..Which is a good indication I feel on how you handle other facts.

Sinn Fein said:
“i’m getting the word out”: inside the feverish mind of donald trump two months after leaving the white house"

In an hours-long interview with Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker from his Mar-a-Lago throne, the former president repeated his election lies, bashed Mitch McConnell (“he’s a stupid person”), and teased a triumphant comeback.

Vanity Fair article that I thought was very fascinating look at Trump and his post-election mindset.   It revolves around a sit-down interview with Trump at Mar-a-Lago, slated for an hour, but stretched to two-and-a-half.  Trump does not hold back on many things - who he thinks betrayed him, why Pence should have sent the elections back to the states, why he won't run with Christie or Haley, etc.  (There are some critical aspects of the article, that you might not enjoy if you are a Trump supporter - but I think overall, its really a refreshingly honest look at Trump, mostly in his own words. And, if you are a Trump Supporter, I think you would enjoy the reporting aspect, without the commentary.)

It really depicts a man who enjoys the idolatry and deference given by the GOP players.  

It will be interesting to see if he actually runs in 2024. I think he will opt not to run - and instead enjoy pulling the strings behind the scenes.  He seems to enjoy his role now, more than he really enjoyed being president, with all the trappings and criticisms that came with that position.
interesting.  This led me down a rabbit hole:

Trump then invoked the nonanalogous example he had latched on to: “Thomas Jefferson was in the exact same position, but only one state, the state of Georgia. Did you know that? It’s true. ‘Hear ye, hear ye . . .’—was much more elegant in those days. It was, ‘Hear ye, hear ye, the  great state of Georgia is unable to accurately count its votes.’ Thomas Jefferson said, ‘Are you sure?’ They said, ‘Yes, we are sure.’ ‘Then we will take the votes from the great state of Georgia.’ He took them for him and the president.”

Later in the conversation, Trump again expressed his disappointment in Pence. “What courage would have been is to do what Thomas Jefferson did [and said], ‘We’re taking the votes,’” he said. “That would have been politically unacceptable. But sending it back to these legislatures, who now know that bad things happened, would have been very acceptable.
Here is an article on what actually happened (yes, it's from liberal rag The Atlantic but the article is from 2004).  It seems the Ga ballot was for Jefferson but was missing signatures so authenticity was questioned.  Jefferson took the default position of counting the votes as presented and not questioning their authenticity.  Now, in 1800 challenging would have been difficult to do, given the distance between Washington and Georgia and the tight deadline to inauguration.  Plus, newspapers of the day projected Jefferson to win so it really wasn't controversial.  When Jefferson counted the GA votes, none of the GA delegates objected, despite being from the other party.

So, it's not at all the same as Pence questioning duly certified votes.

Last edited by a moderator:
knowledge dropper said:
If I see some facts I”ll respond. Snark, falsehoods, and Blue Anon fueled fever dreams aren’t worth my time.  
Yep, same old schtick and uncontrollable Trump meltdowns aren’t worth it.  

"the this, the that, all the different things that took place" is my favorite direct quote from the article. Just perfect. A perfect quote.

Brilliant move by Donnie.  He attacks Baier of Fox and then Baier fact checks the claims of voter fraud in AZ on air - to the target market.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-news-bret-baier-trump-arizona_n_60f639dee4b0ca689fa1aeb4 
Nice double down by Baier.  Although most of Donnie's folks don't really care about facts.  I'm hopeful that Donnie responds and we get some nice entertainment out of this.  Fox cannot afford to get rid of any more of their legitimate news anchors, and I don't see Baier backing down from any attack.

The article directly quotes the Fox News guy where he points out Don’s lies :lol:
My favorite part from the article:

Biden won Arizona by just more than 10,400 votes, marking the first time a Democratic presidential candidate has won the state since 1996. The state’s results have been audited multiple times since Nov. 3 by the state and county, and no evidence has emerged to suggest the vote was not secure.

My favorite part from the article:
This part is pretty good as well:

“The Trump claim that all access logs to the voting machines were wiped was debunked back in May by the Republican chairman of the county board of supervisors. Former President Trump claims the election server was hacked during the election. Maricopa County says its election server is not connected to the internet, and independent auditors found no evidence of a breach there. As we reported last week, there have been a total of 182 potential fraud cases referred to investigators in Arizona. Only four have led to charges.”

Four proven cases of fraud, 2 of those were in favor of the Republican candidate  :lmao:

I thought Fox News was a bad source?  I need a scorecard to keep track of you guys.  You flip and spin more than a county fair midway barf ride.  
Your problem then would be with Fox News and not Huff Post as the article was simply quoting the Fox host (who was citing all the facts that Trump is wrong about).

Those facts are repeated by all outlets. Do you not believe them?

Users who are viewing this thread