What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (13 Viewers)

The 'stable genius' during a Hannity interview.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/01/trump-on-hannitys-banging-head-against-wall-metaphor.html?utm_source=tw

In an interview last night with former president Trump, Sean Hannity tried one of the more basic variations of the metaphor. “There’s no course correction with” President Biden, Hannity asserted. “He seems locked into every one of these failed policies. So, you know, you know, you keep banging your head against the wall. Why would you expect a different result?”

The trick to acing a Hannity interview is that he is usually handing his subject the answer in the question. Here, Trump merely needed to reiterate the “question” as an answer: Yes, Sean, Biden keeps banging his head against the wall. It’s like taking a true-false test where every answer is true.

Instead, the metaphor flummoxed him, and Trump — after a few seconds of confused silence — went straight into his material about building the wall:

Well, we would have had the wall completed in three weeks. It was largely completed. We did almost 500 miles of wall in the southern border … [Trump continues his border wall riff.]

At the risk of introducing another metaphor Trump might not understand, it’s like talking to a wall.

sometimes even layups are tough.  COVID was a layup for re-election and Trump bricked it.  
Yeah, such a layup the incapable Dem you voted for to make that layup somehow increased the number of deaths this year….with a vaccine and a year to prepare.  :doh:

You can’t make this schtick up, wow. 

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes even layups are tough.  COVID was a layup for re-election and Trump bricked it.  
Damn, Covid a layup for re election?  Every strategist on the left and right I heard has thought it was an impediment. You should take over for Ron Klain you seem to know what you’re doing. 

Damn, Covid a layup for re election?  Every strategist on the left and right I heard has thought it was an impediment. You should take over for Ron Klain you seem to know what you’re doing. 
I think @joffer is correct though. It's been re-hashed enough in here but, I think if DJT had handled Covid much better from the very start, he could easily have been re-elected. I can honestly say that if he had handled it better, I might have changed my tune about him....a little. Instead, how he handled it solidified my views on him. 

Yeah, such a layup the incapable Dem you voted for to make that layup somehow increased the number of deaths this year….with a vaccine and a year to prepare.  :doh:

You can’t make this schtick up, wow. 
Joe could have tried to force everyone to take a vaccine.  Instead he appealed to them using logic and compassion.  About 1/3rd of the county decided they knew better than the scientist from all their years of training from watching youtube videos and reading right wing blogs.

Joe's message was correct and he made vaccines available to all.  The folks who deny science are the ones responsible for this pandemic not ending.  You can lead a horse to water and all that. 

I think @joffer is correct though. It's been re-hashed enough in here but, I think if DJT had handled Covid much better from the very start, he could easily have been re-elected. I can honestly say that if he had handled it better, I might have changed my tune about him....a little. Instead, how he handled it solidified my views on him. 
It wouldn’t have mattered.  MSM would have used whatever happened to bury him even if it was 200 deaths. 

The lesson is we are toast if a much virulent pandemic comes. Our country is too much of a disjointed mess.  Can’t close borders without being racist, people aren’t going to quarantine or follow instructions especially our “leaders,” no way we get a vaccine approved in time, can’t use existing therapeutics because there is no money to be made from those, using military or police will cause riots and worsen the spread etc. 

It’s “Bring out Your Dead” and mass graves time.  

Joe could have tried to force everyone to take a vaccine.  Instead he appealed to them using logic and compassion.  About 1/3rd of the county decided they knew better than the scientist from all their years of training from watching youtube videos and reading right wing blogs.

Joe's message was correct and he made vaccines available to all.  The folks who deny science are the ones responsible for this pandemic not ending.  You can lead a horse to water and all that. 
Joe failed at exactly what he was elected for, bottom line. Weak excuse but expected from you all that give him a pass on everything, yet still get emotional over Trump. 

I think what GB is failing to also include in is posts is the covid response is a big reason that Joe's approval ratings are so low.   So yes, people voted for him because of the previous response to covid, and just like that it's looking like Joe's job is on the line because of his response.   That's not the hypocrisy that he's is trying to claim at every breath.  Hypocrisy would be to have people saying they'd vote for Joe again because of his response to covid or that his ratings on that topic were really high.  

I would guess a decent portion of the backlash is because the bolded is not true, and IMO it's largely due to the inconsistent messaging to life after vaccinations - mostly the handling of masks, opening up, etc..    We joke in these threads how ignorant the country is as a whole, but after a year people see how silly it was to have mask mandates in restaurants as you walk by a table for 3secs, but not as you sit next to that table to eat.   Similar to the concert I went to, sports games, etc..    Then add in the optics of party leadership making these rules and not following them.  People were sold on how the vaccination would be the key to ending most of this stuff and then - nope!.     That's the type of stuff people are talking about with the bad messaging, and that doesn't include victory laps and the dumb statements about how you can't get the virus after the vaccination, etc..  

Long story short, both are getting hammered for their handling and messaging around the virus, IMO rightfully so, but not for the same reasons.  

Logic and compassion = mandates with loss of jobs.

Please, we don't need any more compassion.

It’s almost like the narrative is only right wingers are antivax?   That’s completely not the case.  
Unfortunately, that does seem to be the case in the majority of instances. 92% of Democrats are vaccinated, while only 56-58% of Republicans are, and 40% of right-wingers are vocally saying they will never get vaccinated against Covid.

I understand why you don’t like those numbers, and why opinion sites push back with opinion “news” and red-meat arguments, but right-wingers simply are not willing to get vaccinated in numbers we need to reach herd immunity. I think we will get there, but on the backs of 1000-1200 Rs dying every day due to terrible messaging from radicalized sources. Honestly, it’s sad, and I get nervous about the trump supporters in my family. My cousin and her children still have issues with taste and smell, and have growing long Covid medical issues. Your sources have done you all a grave disservice, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
knowledge dropper said:
It’s almost like the narrative is only right wingers are antivax?   That’s completely not the case.  
That is completely the case.  And I assume you're talking about minorities and minorities are vaxxed at a higher rate than conservatives. 

Omicron doesn’t care about your vaccine. 
haha.  It sure as heck then chooses to just make the unvaxxed sick and dead.  And the original strain and delta all were largely transmitted by the unvaxxed.  If the whole country was vaxxed, nothing would be locked up for omicron cause it's just the flu for vaxxed folks. 

knowledge dropper said:
I only had one friend who was anti vax before all this Covid. He was indeed right wing.  Heavily so.  Now I know several.  All are right leaning.  I live in a 64% Trump area. 

haha.  It sure as heck then chooses to just make the unvaxxed sick and dead.  And the original strain and delta all were largely transmitted by the unvaxxed.  If the whole country was vaxxed, nothing would be locked up for omicron cause it's just the flu for vaxxed folks. 
Just the flu for the unvaxxed too.  And I know vaxxed folks that died from the original strain too, unfortunately.  But keep trying to score points over people dying.  Classy as always

Just the flu for the unvaxxed too.  And I know vaxxed folks that died from the original strain too, unfortunately.  But keep trying to score points over people dying.  Classy as always
Wait, is it just the flu or are people dying?  You claim Omnicron was the same for vaxxed and unvaxxed.  I simply corrected you friend.  And yes, the vaxxed have gotten sick and died from all strains of covid, just at a much much much lower rate than the unvaxxed.

Wait, is it just the flu or are people dying?  You claim Omnicron was the same for vaxxed and unvaxxed.  I simply corrected you friend.  And yes, the vaxxed have gotten sick and died from all strains of covid, just at a much much much lower rate than the unvaxxed.
Try again.  Maybe under your alias 

knowledge dropper said:
They need a scapegoat to deflect from the failure they elected. No one was vaxed Trump’s last year and he didn’t allow this many  Americans to die. That’s what they do, blame others all the time. 

Shula-holic said:
I honestly believe Trump would have won reelection had he just not downplayed the seriousness of COVID, worn a mask, encouraged mask wearing, and encouraged social distancing.

I honestly believe Trump would have won reelection had he just not downplayed the seriousness of COVID, worn a mask, encouraged mask wearing, and encouraged social distancing.
Bigly numbers would have voted for an incumbent who had demonstrated informed, compassionate leadership in a nationwide medical crisis. It was there for the taking but instead Donald had to Donald it all up, picking fights with blue states, hyping ridiculous miracle cures and, as always, lashing out at his critics.

The table was set and he decided to listen to dimwit Kushner instead.

Users who are viewing this thread