Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

30 minutes ago, Sand said:

So it looks like the blue team is trying to go down the road of disqualifying Trump from running under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment:  No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

I hope they do this,  really hope they do this.  Either it doesn't work, people get energized or it does work and people really get energized.  Either way this is a straight road to a red POTUS.

The statement he released today was absolutely disgusting…and alone should make him ineligible to serve in any capacity ever again.

And Id gladly sign on to a non-MAGA Republican POTUS if it meant Trump never comes close to office again.

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

The statement he released today was absolutely disgusting…and alone should make him ineligible to serve in any capacity ever again.

And Id gladly sign on to a non-MAGA Republican POTUS if it meant Trump never comes close to office again.

<Rodgers>R E L A X</Rodgers>

don't stoop to low. The stain will never return. 

10 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I'm not a Trump fan, though I did vote for him last time (which has proven correct given the utter debacle that is this administration).  I'd be just fine with Desantis or Haley as our next POTUS.

Link on the statement?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sand said:

So it looks like the blue team is trying to go down the road of disqualifying Trump from running under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment:  No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

I hope they do this,  really hope they do this.  Either it doesn't work, people get energized or it does work and people really get energized.  Either way this is a straight road to a red POTUS.

Dems don’t want a fair election and don’t care about the will of the people.  

• Love 1

I hate to go all squistion in here but these tweets sum up exactly how I feel

Conversation

Tim Kennedy

@TimKennedyMMA

I’m against all forms of terrorism. I’m against all forms of political violence. I think each and every act and actor should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Whether that be at a riot in Chicago, Minneapolis, or even in Washington DC.

But the thought of comparing January 6 to the September 11 attack or to the attack at Pearl Harbor is not just disingenuous, it’s heartless, idiotic, and cowardice. Anybody that would use the two most significant events in American history that led to our two most deadly wars

should be ashamed, and any politician that would even utter such a comparison should be voted out or impeached. September 11 started a war against radical extremists that lasted for 20 years. Thousands of American soldiers were killed in combat and 2,977 died on the day

that it all began in the crumbling steel, smoke, and ashes of the Two Towers. On December 7th, 1941 2,335 Americans, mostly service members, died, again trapped in burning steel, smoke, and ashes while an additional 6,000 went on to die fighting the Japanese.

Shame on you politicians for leveraging these brave men and women’s deaths to your advantage. Shame on you. Never have I been more ashamed of our political spectacle.

Make no mistake about it, January 6 was unacceptable and if anyone internal to the government fostered it, they too should be dealt with. But this comparison is disgusting and the acts of violence that occurred all over our nation from 2016-2020 should be equally as infuriating.

sorry for the lengthy post

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

They tried to overturn the will of the people twice

Trump would have been impeached the 2nd time if the clock hadn't run out. That he wasn't going to be president any longer was the excuse for enough to let him slide in the Senate...as is they had a handful already.

Former President Trump poked at President Biden's political snafu with Stacey Abrams in Georgia Tuesday, claiming the voting rights activist 'wants nothing to do with him.' 

'Stacey Abrams helped Biden steal the 2020 Election in Georgia but now she won't even share a stage with Joe,' Trump said in a statement. 'Stacey knows that Biden actually lost BIG in Georgia, and in the 2020 Presidential Election as a whole, and he's been so terrible she now wants nothing to do with him. Even the woke, radical left realizes that Joe Biden's Administration is an embarrassment!'

Abrams, who lost the gubernatorial race to Gov. Brian Kemp but is running for the seat again in 2022 in the Peach State, was notably absent from Biden's visit to Atlanta to talk voting rights. 

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

Iran is saber rattling again.  Should be a test of Biden’s moxie. Nobody should dare threaten Trump. 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/01/huge-irans-ayatollah-khamenei-releases-video-official-website-depicting-assassination-president-trump-biden-nothing/

You know if Donald was POTUS & these low life’s did this about Obama he would deal with it

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

You know if Donald was POTUS & these low life’s did this about Obama he would deal with it

How? By playing another round of golf?

Edited by squistion
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

On 1/12/2022 at 5:12 PM, jamny said:

Former President Trump poked at President Biden's political snafu with Stacey Abrams in Georgia Tuesday, claiming the voting rights activist 'wants nothing to do with him.' 

'Stacey Abrams helped Biden steal the 2020 Election in Georgia but now she won't even share a stage with Joe,' Trump said in a statement. 'Stacey knows that Biden actually lost BIG in Georgia, and in the 2020 Presidential Election as a whole, and he's been so terrible she now wants nothing to do with him. Even the woke, radical left realizes that Joe Biden's Administration is an embarrassment!'

Abrams, who lost the gubernatorial race to Gov. Brian Kemp but is running for the seat again in 2022 in the Peach State, was notably absent from Biden's visit to Atlanta to talk voting rights. 

He needs to go away.   

32 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

By congratulating them?  He would have done nothing.  Probably a statement about how he understood their frustration but he didn’t like how they did it.  Thats it.

Just now, HellToupee said:

It’s like we live in a different dimension from some of these people. It’s unbelievable, it really is.

I feel that way all the time in this forum, particularly in this thread. :coffee:

14 hours ago, HellToupee said:

It’s like we live in a different dimension from some of these people. It’s unbelievable, it really is.

Agreed but to be fair we’ve seen some of the most extreme Left positions in here you will find. Don’t use this place as a gauge for the real world, there’s plenty of common ground to be found there. You are not wrong though. 

Edited by GoBirds
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:00 PM, sho nuff said:

I'd vote for Trump just to cancel u out.   Warnock got it backwards.   Democrats  are anti American 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

I'd vote for Trump just to cancel u out.   Warnock got it backwards.   Democrats  are anti American 

Someone claiming to vote for a bad candidate to cancel out a random internet stranger…then calling others anti American.

Good stuff.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Embracing the ignore function - kinda like embracing cancel culture and safe zone.  Hilarious 

Not at all.  

Trying to improve the boards by not being sucked into the bad faith :pokey:  which leads to thread cluttering, personal attacks, and hijacking of topics. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Not at all.  

Trying to improve the boards by not being sucked into the bad faith :pokey:  which leads to thread cluttering, personal attacks, and hijacking of topics. 

The high road is available to all - even without the ignore function

12 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Someone claiming to vote for a bad candidate to cancel out a random internet stranger…then calling others anti American.

Good stuff.

A classic. I wish we still had the signature line available. 

The 'stable genius' during a Hannity interview.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/01/trump-on-hannitys-banging-head-against-wall-metaphor.html?utm_source=tw

In an interview last night with former president Trump, Sean Hannity tried one of the more basic variations of the metaphor. “There’s no course correction with” President Biden, Hannity asserted. “He seems locked into every one of these failed policies. So, you know, you know, you keep banging your head against the wall. Why would you expect a different result?”

The trick to acing a Hannity interview is that he is usually handing his subject the answer in the question. Here, Trump merely needed to reiterate the “question” as an answer: Yes, Sean, Biden keeps banging his head against the wall. It’s like taking a true-false test where every answer is true.

Instead, the metaphor flummoxed him, and Trump — after a few seconds of confused silence — went straight into his material about building the wall:

Well, we would have had the wall completed in three weeks. It was largely completed. We did almost 500 miles of wall in the southern border … [Trump continues his border wall riff.]

At the risk of introducing another metaphor Trump might not understand, it’s like talking to a wall.

2 hours ago, Maggot Brain said:

sometimes even layups are tough.  COVID was a layup for re-election and Trump bricked it.  

51 minutes ago, joffer said:

sometimes even layups are tough.  COVID was a layup for re-election and Trump bricked it.  

Yeah, such a layup the incapable Dem you voted for to make that layup somehow increased the number of deaths this year….with a vaccine and a year to prepare. :doh:

You can’t make this schtick up, wow. 

Edited by GoBirds
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, joffer said:

Damn, Covid a layup for re election?  Every strategist on the left and right I heard has thought it was an impediment. You should take over for Ron Klain you seem to know what you’re doing. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Damn, Covid a layup for re election?  Every strategist on the left and right I heard has thought it was an impediment. You should take over for Ron Klain you seem to know what you’re doing. 

I think @joffer is correct though. It's been re-hashed enough in here but, I think if DJT had handled Covid much better from the very start, he could easily have been re-elected. I can honestly say that if he had handled it better, I might have changed my tune about him....a little. Instead, how he handled it solidified my views on him. 

7 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Yeah, such a layup the incapable Dem you voted for to make that layup somehow increased the number of deaths this year….with a vaccine and a year to prepare. :doh:

You can’t make this schtick up, wow. 

Joe could have tried to force everyone to take a vaccine.  Instead he appealed to them using logic and compassion.  About 1/3rd of the county decided they knew better than the scientist from all their years of training from watching youtube videos and reading right wing blogs.

Joe's message was correct and he made vaccines available to all.  The folks who deny science are the ones responsible for this pandemic not ending.  You can lead a horse to water and all that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

I think @joffer is correct though. It's been re-hashed enough in here but, I think if DJT had handled Covid much better from the very start, he could easily have been re-elected. I can honestly say that if he had handled it better, I might have changed my tune about him....a little. Instead, how he handled it solidified my views on him. 

It wouldn’t have mattered.  MSM would have used whatever happened to bury him even if it was 200 deaths. 

The lesson is we are toast if a much virulent pandemic comes. Our country is too much of a disjointed mess.  Can’t close borders without being racist, people aren’t going to quarantine or follow instructions especially our “leaders,” no way we get a vaccine approved in time, can’t use existing therapeutics because there is no money to be made from those, using military or police will cause riots and worsen the spread etc. 

It’s “Bring out Your Dead” and mass graves time.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, James Daulton said:

Joe could have tried to force everyone to take a vaccine.  Instead he appealed to them using logic and compassion.  About 1/3rd of the county decided they knew better than the scientist from all their years of training from watching youtube videos and reading right wing blogs.

Joe's message was correct and he made vaccines available to all.  The folks who deny science are the ones responsible for this pandemic not ending.  You can lead a horse to water and all that. 

Joe failed at exactly what he was elected for, bottom line. Weak excuse but expected from you all that give him a pass on everything, yet still get emotional over Trump. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, James Daulton said:

I think what GB is failing to also include in is posts is the covid response is a big reason that Joe's approval ratings are so low.   So yes, people voted for him because of the previous response to covid, and just like that it's looking like Joe's job is on the line because of his response.   That's not the hypocrisy that he's is trying to claim at every breath.  Hypocrisy would be to have people saying they'd vote for Joe again because of his response to covid or that his ratings on that topic were really high.  

I would guess a decent portion of the backlash is because the bolded is not true, and IMO it's largely due to the inconsistent messaging to life after vaccinations - mostly the handling of masks, opening up, etc..    We joke in these threads how ignorant the country is as a whole, but after a year people see how silly it was to have mask mandates in restaurants as you walk by a table for 3secs, but not as you sit next to that table to eat.   Similar to the concert I went to, sports games, etc..    Then add in the optics of party leadership making these rules and not following them.  People were sold on how the vaccination would be the key to ending most of this stuff and then - nope!.     That's the type of stuff people are talking about with the bad messaging, and that doesn't include victory laps and the dumb statements about how you can't get the virus after the vaccination, etc..  

Long story short, both are getting hammered for their handling and messaging around the virus, IMO rightfully so, but not for the same reasons.