What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (22 Viewers)

I looked up the case after he tweeted about it the first time. There are some pretty odd twists and turns there.

I think the medical examiner's history was shady. He donated to Scorobourgh, he lost his medical examiner's license in multiple states for lying about autopsy results, fired in florida for negligence.

But the real kicker is that the guy was arrested for keeping human body parts in a storage locker.

Not saying Joe Scarborough did anything, but it is a crazy story.
I’m not saying this nonsense is almost as depraved as the President’s tweet, but it is a crazy post.

Well for one “highest” means like 1st or best. So whatever you’re comparing to with Obama wasn’t as good as what trump has done. And this is from a man who the Democrats paint as a racist. Apparently he’s crappy at everything. He can’t even get being a racist right. 
I think especially economically I have a hard time reconciling disparate views on Obama/Trump. 

Obama left office with somewhere around 5% unemployment. Prior to covid, Trump saw that number drop to 3.5%. Both are flirting with full employment figures.

Stock market and deficit were pretty comparable from what I’ve seen.

I actually really appreciate that. 

How do you view that versus the lens of what came before him? I see quite a few aspects of that profile that would have been accurate for Obama 2012. So what been the differentiator?
Trump won't be running against Obama so why even compare those two?  We do have Bidens voting record though.  

When it comes to incarcerating minorities, no one was better than Biden.  Biden wrote the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act (gave financial incentives for jailing people).  He co-sponsored the Anti-Drug Abuse Act the made crack a tougher penalty than coke which was tougher on minorities. 

The rest of his policies are mixture of good and bad.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Joe_Biden

Trump won't be running against Obama so why even compare those two?  We do have Bidens voting record though.  

When it comes to incarcerating minorities, no one was better than Biden.  Biden wrote the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act (gave financial incentives for jailing people).  He co-sponsored the Anti-Drug Abuse Act the made crack a tougher penalty than coke which was tougher on minorities. 

The rest of his policies are mixture of good and bad.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Joe_Biden
And Trump would have voted how on these bills... 

And Trump would have voted how on these bills... 
What we have to go on is Trump's record with criminal justice reform in which he pushed for and signed the First Step Act.  We still have a ways to go, but it's a goid first step to undo some of the racial inequalities in the justice system.

What we have to go on is Trump's record with criminal justice reform in which he pushed for and signed the First Step Act.  We still have a ways to go, but it's a goid first step to undo some of the racial inequalities in the justice system.
Totally intellectually dishonest. And you know that. I appreciated your earlier engagement but to say that Trump’s history begins and ends with one positive achievement since he has no political resume is absurd.

Totally intellectually dishonest. And you know that. I appreciated your earlier engagement but to say that Trump’s history begins and ends with one positive achievement since he has no political resume is absurd.

What policies has Trump pushed for that are negative for minorities?  You're asking me to speculate which is unnecessary since we have Trump's record.  

EDIT: You expect me to do all the work here.  If I'm a minority, why should I vote for Biden?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but I’ve already offered my opinion about that; I’d rather discuss something else: 

I just saw this headline: “Trump goes golfing while more Americans die.” 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1213746

I think that’s unfair. I think it’s hateful. President Trump hasn’t golfed in 75 days. It’s good for him to do so. I have no problems with it. This is over the top criticism and it’s really awful IMO. 
They’re using the same rules that Trump did. There are multiple tweets still up on Trump’s twitter in which he trashed Obama for golfing during Ebola.

I agree in a normal presidency it would be unfair but these are the rules Trump set himself. He needs to be held accountable and trashed for it just like he did with Obama.

They’re using the same rules that Trump did. There are multiple tweets still up on Trump’s twitter in which he trashed Obama for golfing during Ebola.

I agree in a normal presidency it would be unfair but these are the rules Trump set himself. He needs to be held accountable and trashed for it just like he did with Obama.
But wasn't the left defending Obama when he was doing it?

Nonsense? What wasnt accurate?
It’s not nonsense, it’s propaganda against the free press. It’s perfectly consistent with “enemy of the people”, Seth Rich, Ted Cruz’s dad was a presidential assassin, Central Park 5, “Obama was secretly born in Kenya”, the magical mystery server in Ukraine, and the Trump Tower wiretapp.

Notice how the ones that want to blame a “tanked economy” from a deadly virus on Trump are the same ones that want to keep the world shut down for eternity? Seeing a pattern? Sad. 
By November economy will be going again and Biden will have pissed off enough of the black population that he won't get enough of them to vote for him.  His record alone should scare them to death.  It's horrifying. 

But wasn't the left defending Obama when he was doing it?
Yes, and I even said in my post that in a normal presidency it would be unfair to get criticized for taking a day break to hit up the links. I could care less that Trump is playing golf, he trashed Obama for it though so he deserves the same treatment is all I’m saying.

Notice how the ones that want to blame a “tanked economy” from a deadly virus on Trump are the same ones that want to keep the world shut down for eternity? Seeing a pattern? Sad. 
Show me a single person who thinks this now. Pretty much every state has opened up to at least a certain extent at this point.

By November economy will be going again and Biden will have pissed off enough of the black population that he won't get enough of them to vote for him.  His record alone should scare them to death.  It's horrifying. 
Can’t believe after everything thy faux raged about Trump that they can pretend with a straight face Biden is a better option...interesting times we live in. 

You need to stop posting old accusations without posting the results of those accusations.

....as you know....you can sue anyone for anything....what counts is the results of that lawsuit.

Trump was simply accused of housing discrimination.

"In October 1973, the Civil Rights Division filed a lawsuit against Trump Management Company, Donald Trump and his father Fred Trump, alleging that African-Americans and Puerto Ricans were systematically excluded from apartments. The Trumps responded with a $100 million counter suit accusing the government of defamation.

Donald Trump denied any racial discrimination, but said his managers tried to weed out certain kinds of tenants. “What we didn’t do was rent to welfare cases, white or black".

The Trumps and their company entered into a consent decree settling the litigation in 1975. The agreement contained no admission of wrongdoing, but required the Trump firm to institute a series of safeguards to make sure apartments were rented without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin."

Court Document: Since evidence to back up the claim was not found and Trump denied the accusations, the results of this lawsuit  was simply...."watch this and make sure it doesn't happen."

You'll notice that at the top left of this document...the word "CLOSED" appears.

You need to stop posting old accusations without posting the results of those accusations.

Trump was simply accused of housing discrimination.

....and as you know....you can sue anyone for anything....what counts is the results of that lawsuit.

"In October 1973, the Civil Rights Division filed a lawsuit against Trump Management Company, Donald Trump and his father Fred Trump, alleging that African-Americans and Puerto Ricans were systematically excluded from apartments. The Trumps responded with a $100 million counter suit accusing the government of defamation.

Donald Trump denied any racial discrimination, but said his managers tried to weed out certain kinds of tenants. “What we didn’t do was rent to welfare cases, white or black".

The Trumps and their company entered into a consent decree settling the litigation in 1975. The agreement contained no admission of wrongdoing, but required the Trump firm to institute a series of safeguards to make sure apartments were rented without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin."

Document: Since no evidence was found and Trump denied the accusations, the results of this lawsuit  was simply...."watch this and make sure it doesn't happen."

You'll notice that at the top left of this document...the word "CLOSED" appears.
I do Civil Litigation and I can tell you a settlement doesn't mean an admission of wrongdoing.  We're Plaintiffs side and we are usually the ones pushing for settlement because proving every elementof your case is hard.  Defendants settle because the cost of defending usually isn't worth any positive outcome in court.  The settlements are mostly covered by insurance policies anyway.  

I do Civil Litigation and I can tell you a settlement doesn't mean an admission of wrongdoing.  We're Plaintiffs side and we are usually the ones pushing for settlement because proving every elementof your case is hard.  Defendants settle because the cost of defending usually isn't worth any positive outcome in court.  The settlements are mostly covered by insurance policies anyway.  
....OR...losing a $100 million counter suit was a real possibility if the original accusation was bogus.

....OR...losing a $100 million counter suit was a real possibility if the original accusation was bogus.
Good point.  We don't get counter sued because we deal in 10(b) securities cases so there are public comments.  But that definitely adds an element that I didn't consider.

We can’t simply say “back to normal.” Every state is in some phase of reopening. Perhaps we would be further along if we had acted earlier. We wasted weeks while we heard our president downplay it because it was inconvenient for him politically. I blame him for that- the economy would have suffered regardless of who was in charge. We need to reopen, but we also need people to observe the same safe practices instead of looking at wearing/not wearing a mask as a political statement. The president has more influence over his voters and most in my recollection, and these are people that aren’t taking it seriously as demonstrated at several protests, and are egged on by the president. He doesn’t want to be shown wearing a mask because he thinks the media would make a big deal out of it- and they would, because of his comments the last couple months that it’s under control and people are only making it a big deal so he doesn’t get re-elected are counter to him wearing a mask now, basically an admission that he was wrong. 

We can’t simply say “back to normal.” Every state is in some phase of reopening. Perhaps we would be further along if we had acted earlier. We wasted weeks while we heard our president downplay it because it was inconvenient for him politically. I blame him for that- the economy would have suffered regardless of who was in charge. We need to reopen, but we also need people to observe the same safe practices instead of looking at wearing/not wearing a mask as a political statement. The president has more influence over his voters and most in my recollection, and these are people that aren’t taking it seriously as demonstrated at several protests, and are egged on by the president. He doesn’t want to be shown wearing a mask because he thinks the media would make a big deal out of it- and they would, because of his comments the last couple months that it’s under control and people are only making it a big deal so he doesn’t get re-elected are counter to him wearing a mask now, basically an admission that he was wrong. 
I stopped reading here as it’s always a great laugh when the armchair quarterbacks in here claim this like anyone really saw a virus like this coming. It’s even more funny that the ones that claim this are the same ones that call Trump racist for the travel ban until it wasn’t cool as it obviously was the right call. Good stuff, enjoy your weekend. 

We're Plaintiffs side and we are usually the ones pushing for settlement because proving every elementof your case is hard.  Defendants settle because the cost of defending usually isn't worth any positive outcome in court.  The settlements are mostly covered by insurance policies anyway.  
Parts III-VIII aren’t payouts, they’re remedial actions.

I stopped reading here as it’s always a great laugh when the armchair quarterbacks in here claim this like anyone really saw a virus like this coming. It’s even more funny that the ones that claim this are the same ones that call Trump racist for the travel ban until it wasn’t cool as it obviously was the right call. Good stuff, enjoy your weekend. 
Link to me calling trump a racist because of travel ban? If you won’t even bother reading what I have to say I’ll just leave it here.

We watched this virus wreaking havoc in Europe and we were business as usual. Italy, Germany, China, and others all shut down. We watched it through February, and states shut down on their own. Now he wants to withhold federal money to states who don’t do what he wants. He wants to hold rallies as this virus continues to spread- it’s not like this is over with. He didn’t want to tell states what to do when it came to closing but now he’s putting pressure on them to open back up. Good day to you as well.

Interesting, how did we waste weeks?  People on these boards like to blast Trump for not listening to medical experts.  However, Dr. Fauci on February 29th said that Americans should continue on with their normal daily routines.  So should we listen to the medical experts or not?

Wait, so you think it was the FBI that settled in fear of the counter suit?

:lmao:

Good one
No..You are absolutely correct

In this case I think that the United States of America (not the FBI), who wins in court 97% of the time, settled because there was no case.

Thank you for making that point.

If you didn't blame Obama for approx. 12,000 American swine flu deaths (and I didn't), but want to turn around and somehow pin approx. 22 corona virus on Trump/Pence, then YOU are the freaking problem with political discourse in this country. Full stop.
We are now at 18,000+ deaths for cv19 in the US.
This is not a very big number. 
Heckuva job by Trump keeping the deaths so low.
Update.

Will you join me in condemning Red China for what they unleashed on our planet?
China deserves condemnation for the actions they took up until the time Wuhan was put on lockdown and when they shared their sample with the outside world. Everything after that in terms of mitigation, preparedness and intervention was and is on us.

I about spit out my coffee reading somebody quoting that drive by in here who I have blocked blaming Trump for tanking the economy and record unemployment.  :lmao:  You are right, these same people want to keep everybody locked inside and post about how great their authoritarian blue state governors are. 

:goodposting:

I read the entire post and it didn’t get any better. No blame on China for hiding it from the world, just #OrangeManBad. I’m sure he’s with the Senate Democrats who are making a resolution about calling it the Chinese or Wuhan virus. 🤡

Users who are viewing this thread