What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Draft Gone Bad (3 Viewers)

How does it work?

TEAM A: Would you do Mack for Gordon straight up?
TEAM B: I would rather give up Drake I offered you a trade with Mack in it.
TEAM A: Evans is too much to have to give up for Woods.
TEAM B: Not trading Hill.

So that's the non answer.
The question remains - did you send a trade offer of Mack for Gordon?

Me and TheWinz and -X- and barackdhouse I think are all on the same page here, with barack being the least willing and TheWinz being the most.

We're on a spectrum here...
I'm into Gordon for Mack, but I wouldn't hate just holding Gordon and seeing what happens. Not touching a deal with Evans included unless it knocks your socks off. 

Not saying that I love them either, but you don't see a whole season of Drake or Mack being better than potentially 6 games of Gordon (who by then would be so far in the dog house that it would be hard to see him being in good graces by that point)?
I not big on Mack but I’d move Gordon for him at this point.

I'm into Gordon for Mack, but I wouldn't hate just holding Gordon and seeing what happens. Not touching a deal with Evans included unless it knocks your socks off. 
+1

P.S.  I think Gurley is gonna fall apart this season, and would hold onto Henderson & Brown.  I just can't figure out the workload distribution, but I think Henderson will finish the season strong.

Isn’t Hilliard Chubb’s cuff?  You could work his name into the discussion as part of a larger deal.
Yes, I'm almost positive that Hilliard is essentially his cuff. Depends on how risk-averse the guy is about Chubb in determining what you could get for him. Maybe throw Hilliard in with Gordon should he decline the Mack offer.

+1

P.S.  I think Gurley is gonna fall apart this season, and would hold onto Henderson & Brown.  I just can't figure out the workload distribution, but I think Henderson will finish the season strong.
Maybe.  Rams homer announcer did comment that Brown did not see the field at all in the preseason, indicating he may be in for a bigger role than we know.

Definitely hang into both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe.  Rams homer announcer did comment that Brown did not see they field at all in the preseason, indicating he may be in for a bigger role than we know.
Yeah, very little is being said of Brown.  If he had been healthy when Gurley's wheels fell off last year, he would've gotten those CJ Anderson stats, and his stock would be way higher.

• Thanks
Reactions: -X-
Dammit, Winz, you keep quoting me before I can fix my misspellings...  :wall:
That drives me nuts. I type really fast and edit while I'm typing. People will quote this garbled mass of garbage that I've put onto the screen. No fun.

• Smile
@rockaction

What’s the outlook for Ty Monty vs. the Bills and how much do you think Gase will use him?

@rockaction

What’s the outlook for Ty Monty vs. the Bills and how much do you think Gase will use him?
Yeah, the reports are that they'll be in something like anywhere from 65-35 Bell/Montgomery down to 50/50 to ease Bell back into game shape. I'll have to look again, but reports this week had it pretty even. Montgomery has looked awesome in the preseason. Running hard, violent. It's good stuff for the Jets. That said, Buffalo was 2nd overall in DVOA defense last year, though 14th against the rush. So Gase will use him plenty, but the competition will be stiff. It's not that great of a match-up.

• Thanks
When Gase was in CHI, he would often put backup RBs in for a whole series at a time, IIRC.

There you go, @Anarchy99...  Ty Monty is your RB1.  Now to decide between Henderson & Brown if Gordon is neither dealt nor reports.

Drake and McKinnon for Gordon has not be pulled, so we can drop a player and accept that one if we wanted. Then could drop McKinnon for someone else once trade goes through. 

Since Gordon for Mack was declined I would just go with what you have for week 1.  Do you know your waiver priority yet?

He should get #1 since the team was auto-drafted but good luck trying to talk to that commish.

I would say to stick with what you have also. But that, of course, is up to you. You can start Montgomery and hope Gordon reports or you can hope something breaks favorably today during cut day.

Drake and McKinnon for Gordon has not be pulled, so we can drop a player and accept that one if we wanted. Then could drop McKinnon for someone else once trade goes through. 
Just hold tight. What's the likely week 1 lineup of your opponent? If you haven't already posted.

QB - Patrick Mahomes - KC/12 - $27
QB - Russell Wilson - SEA/11 - $17

RB - Melvin Gordon - LAC/12 - $24
RB - Darrell Henderson - LAR/9 - $15
RB - Ty Montgomery - NYJ/4 - $5
RB - Malcolm Brown - LAR/9 - $4
RB - Dontrell Hilliard - CLE/7 - $4
RB - Damarea Crockett - HOU/10 - $4
RB - Jay Ajayi - FA/1-17 - $4

WR - DeAndre Hopkins - HOU/10 - $34
WR - Odell Beckham - CLE/7 - $31
WR - Mike Evans - TB/7 - $27
WR - Jamison Crowder - NYJ/4 - $11

TE - Eric Ebron - IND/6 - $16
TE - Austin Hooper - ATL/9 - $15

PK - Greg Zuerlein - LAR/9 - $7

TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/6 - $10

Versus

For whomever asked who we were facing in Week 1 . . .

Goff
Gurley, Carson
Edelman, Hilton, Boyd
Engram
Bardgley
Saints
It's too bad you're not matched up against Gurley later in the season. 

The difference in RB scores should hopefully be offset by your strong WR corps, although the gap is probably a little too wide. Mahomes could make up the remainder though. And then it's up to the football gods for TE def and K. I'd say it is a toss up.

One other point - as frustrating as it is to slog through ####ty trade offers, counters and rejections that get nowhere, your opponents *are* getting the point that you can't be had. It *could* pay off later.

• Smile
Gordon given permission to seek trade, which is reportedly a very good thing. Don't sell or give up yet, Anarchy. 

• Smile
Kenyan Drake ended up getting traded for O.J. Howard, so he's no longer an option. 
Is Crockett drop able? Is Scarlett worth picking up? Dare Ogunbowale also available.

I suspect nobody will like it, but one obvious compromise with that guy that clearly wants Evans:  Evans for Mack and Woods.  Leave Gordon out.

Not sure if I'd do it, but that seems like something that might possibly get across the finish line.

Yes, dump Crockett.  I don’t see any team picking him up to make a roster with any real impact.  Practice squad guy.

I suspect nobody will like it, but one obvious compromise with that guy that clearly wants Evans:  Evans for Mack and Woods.  Leave Gordon out.

Not sure if I'd do it, but that seems like something that might possibly get across the finish line.
Problem is, with that owner trading Drake, Mack is now likely off the table.

And drop Crockett

Good idea to see if the other owner wants Evans that badly

I am 99% sure we already offered Evans for Mack and Woods and that got shot down.

I am 99% sure we already offered Evans for Mack and Woods and that got shot down.
Yeah, he wants Gordon and Evans for Mack and Woods. I sense impasse. You might be able to sit tight and have Gordon and Montgomery come Week Two, sans trade. I'd lean that way at this point. I would not dump Gordon and Evans for that return. No way. 

The more I think about it, the worse those trade offers he made you are. Let him reject your counters; you don't have to be Sisyphus here to eke out a few early wins before your team rounds into shape. 

Your team isnt that bad. All of these trades being offered to you are garbage.  Stay the course and dominate with your WRs.  You’ll get enough points out of your RBs just play the matchups.  Good luck to our

Kenyan Drake ended up getting traded for O.J. Howard, so he's no longer an option. 
Is Crockett drop able? Is Scarlett worth picking up? Dare Ogunbowale also available.
Today of all days, this is not the post you want “next unread” to take you to when you’re reading forum news for cutdown tidbits.

Took me a shocked and dumbfounded 3-4 seconds to realize this was a fantasy league trade and not another step in the Dolphin rebuild.

• Laughing
I wouldn't be remotely interested in sending Mack and Woods for Evans, so I  can see the resistance from the other owner

Users who are viewing this thread