What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gronk news? (1 Viewer)

Pyro boy

Footballguy
Gronk saying news will drop Sunday night.  Does this mean he wants to play again and join AB, Edelman, and Gordon to make a run for glory?  Or is he messing with people and going to do something like announce a new personal line of alcohol?

Thoughts?

🤞.  I swooped with the AB signing in my short bench big league and grabbed Gronk.  Have Kelce already but it’s great trade bait or Flex consideration.   Come back Gronk, come back.  

🤞.  I swooped with the AB signing in my short bench big league and grabbed Gronk.  Have Kelce already but it’s great trade bait or Flex consideration.   Come back Gronk, come back.  
He looks pretty skinny.  I guess he's off the juice now.

wait I thought 15 pounds of muscle in an offseason was impossible. but 20lbs in 2 weeks is a guarantee? 

I ❤the🦈🤽‍♂️
Not sure what you’re referring too with the 15lbs as I’ve never said anything like that.  But because you missed it, I was joking.

Just picked him up. Who knows if he’ll come back. Even if he does I don’t know he’ll even put up numbers. I think I did it just based on his name. Probably a dumb move. We will see...

So.....what was the 'news' announcement? I didn't see anything, was this just a tease or something dropping today?

I feel like the smart money is on him joining the WWE or some other pro wrestling faction in 1 capacity or another

I feel like the smart money is on him joining the WWE or some other pro wrestling faction in 1 capacity or another
Highly doubt it, if he wanted to subject his body to more punishment he'd just play football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tool said:
Highly doubt it, if he wanted to subject his body to more punishment he'd just play football.
He can wrestle and still use CBD oil.

CBD is banned in the NFL

He can wrestle and still use CBD oil.

CBD is banned in the NFL
Who knows if he is actually taking CBD?  He is getting paid a lot of money to promote it.  Even if he is taking CBD, it will leave his system in a few weeks.  I seriously doubt that he loves CBD so much that it would be the difference between coming back to the NFL or staying retired.

Who knows if he is actually taking CBD?  He is getting paid a lot of money to promote it.  Even if he is taking CBD, it will leave his system in a few weeks.  I seriously doubt that he loves CBD so much that it would be the difference between coming back to the NFL or staying retired.

He says it's the only thing allowing him to manage his pain and feel normal, so...I'd say it's that important to him, yeah. Quality of life for a lot of these players sucks if they aren't on some form of painkillers....and then it sucks in another way. 

He says it's the only thing allowing him to manage his pain and feel normal, so...I'd say it's that important to him, yeah. 
He is getting paid possibly millions of dollars to say that.  CBD has the pain relieving abilities similar to aspirin but is far more expensive.  Do you think a player would refuse to play in the NFL if he weren't allowed to take aspirin?  I often wonder why celebrity endorsements are effective.  Your taking of Gronk's words at face value is the reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is getting paid possibly millions of dollars to say that.  CBD has the pain relieving abilities similar to aspirin but is far more expensive.  Do you think a player would refuse to play in the NFL if he weren't allowed to take aspirin?  I often wonder why celebrity endorsements are effective.  Your taking Gronk's words at face value are the reason.

No, living somewhere where CBD is widely used and hearing about how effective it is all the time is why I think it works, could care less about Gronk's testimonial. It is not aspirin. Sounds more like you don't know what you're posting about and think it's essentially snake oil.

Where did you even see that he's being paid to endorse the CBD industry? Makes no sense unless he's hawking a specific brand, dude. 

No, living somewhere where CBD is widely used and hearing about how effective it is all the time is why I think it works, could care less about Gronk's testimonial. It is not aspirin. Sounds more like you don't know what you're posting about and think it's essentially snake oil.

Where did you even see that he's being paid to endorse the CBD industry? Makes no sense unless he's hawking a specific brand, dude. 
I'm not doubting that CBD can have pain relieving qualities.  Aspirin does too.  And I believe any one with pain should try CBD.  But I'm not going to believe one word of a celebrity promoter who is getting paid big time money to promote it.  And he is specifically promoting CBDMEDIC.  And even if CBD is super effective for him, his ability to use it isn't going to be the determining factor whether he returns or not.  

I'm not doubting that CBD can have pain relieving qualities.  Aspirin does too.  And I believe any one with pain should try CBD.  But I'm not going to believe one word of a celebrity promoter who is getting paid big time money to promote it.  And he is specifically promoting CBDMEDIC.  And even if CBD is super effective for him, his ability to use it isn't going to be the determining factor whether he returns or not.  

I think that money is the main determining factor, and the reason he retired. But CBD is definitely part of it imo. He probably hasn't felt this good since he was in college, before his back injury. The game is a grind and destroys your body.

Users who are viewing this thread