What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Lazard, NYJ (2 Viewers)

Packers activated WR Allen Lazard (core) from injured reserve. 

It initially looked like Lazard might return for Week 9 against the 49ers, but he ended up missing two more games, bringing his injured reserve stay to seven weeks. Lazard was running away with No. 2 duties behind Davante Adams before going down, but deep threat Marquez Valdes-Scantling has finally started to display signs of life in the past two weeks. TE Robert Tonyan also mixed in for some big days during Lazard's absence. No. 2 receiver nevertheless remains a position of need for the Packers, something they acknowledged with their deadline pursuit of Will Fuller. There is a path here for Lazard to catch 4-6 weekly passes. Provided he is actually active for Sunday's game against the Colts, he can be treated as a low-end WR4 in the WR40-48 range. There will then be the upside for more. 

Nov 17, 2020, 4:22 PM ET

Packers coach Matt LaFleur said Allen Lazard (core) will be eased back into the lineup.

Lazard returned from IR this week but isn't a lock to be active. Even if he plays, there's a chance he's on a snap count behind Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling, who went off for 149 yards and a touchdown last week. Valdes-Scantling's second-half breakout may be enough to hold off Lazard for the No. 2 role. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Nov 18, 2020, 1:30 PM ET

Allen Lazard (core) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice.

Lazard has been limited for both practices since being activated from injured reserve to start the week and remains questionable for Sunday's game versus Indy. Coach Matt LaFleur has already suggested Lazard will be "eased back into the lineup" if available, making the latter a dicey WR4/FLEX even if he's deemed active for kick-off. Lazard would be an easier player to trust in fantasy lineups if Davante Adams (ankle) is surprisingly ruled out.

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter

Nov 19, 2020, 4:40 PM ET

This has gotten to be a little much the last few weeks. I jumped on the WW a couple weeks ago when I heard he was coming back. They activated him but then a week went by, long story short I have roster limits like everyone else, had to release another WR so I could keep Lazard...hope he gets back out there soon.

He apparently had some soreness when he came back to practicing...they stated not a set back...but guessing that is part of why they are also easing him in...beyond the obvious of them needing him and the depth moving forward.

Allen Lazard (core) is questionable to play in Week 11 against the Colts. 

Lazard shapes up as a game time decision for Green Bay. Assuming a full complement of snaps -- perhaps a big assumption -- Lazard would be a WR3 play against Indy with Davante Adams (ankle) expected to play. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Nov 20, 2020, 3:21 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Packers WR Allen Lazard (core) is expected to play in Week 11 against the Colts.

The last time Lazard was on the field, he went for 146 yards and a touchdown versus the Saints. That was in Week 3 and Marquez Valdes-Scantling has since had a mini-breakout. Lazard still figures to serve as the team's second or third pass-catching option behind Davante Adams so he's in play for fantasy this week. Lazard is a risky WR3 in his return versus the Colts.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 22, 2020, 8:26 AM ET

This has me back waivering on my Herbert over Rodgers decision.

Indy D is legit...but looking at the QBs they have shut down isn't a murderers row either.  Now Rodgers with all weapons active...at least both are late games and I can agonize an extra few hours.

I just did the exact same thing 40 minutes ago
It just seemed like the right move and I hope Lazard gets back 100%, I might even re-pick him up but Pittman could possible nail down the WR1 spot on a team that desperately needs some kind of ID on offense. There was a post by someone in the game thread last week but they said "Pittman was in his own Zip Code" on some plays. He's 6-4, 220/225 and that kind of size mixed with snaps/opp, aging WR1 in TY Hilton that is a nonfactor right now, TEs are all over the place, RBs get hot and cold, this guy could see 8-10 targets a game down the stretch if they feel they need more on offense. The Defense is a little too good to leave high n dry, you gotta empty both barrels and he's a part of that right now. 

I think I have to roll with him as WR3 over Mims.  I need to risk the limited snaps for the big potential upside with AJ Brown and Chubb underperforming today

Not starting him, but I've been hanging on to him on IR all this time - I'd like to see 50% or so of plays, 3 or 4 catches to ease him back into the game, then BOOM the rest of the season!

Still on my league's WW, I cut him a few weeks back for Pittman, I go back and forth on the two of them, add in Higgins and I can only roster 2 of the 3 going forward. 

I like his upside potential but I still feel you won't want to start him almost ever so there's that. I own Rodgers and would hate to see someone in the playoffs in the coming weeks pick him up as a potential counterpunch. 

Argggghhhhh, still he really hasn't exploded since he returned. Yes he had a TD last week but overall he doesn't look like he is ready to stretch the field and I thought that was what he was going to be asked to do, they have Adams for all the middle of the field and inside stuff, am i wrong on this?

They said they were going to phase him in.  First week back seemed very much phasing in.  Last week he was the clear #2.   And they really didn’t try to stretch too much (and didn’t need to against Chicago).

I like him over Pittman and about even with Higgins given the QBs

Had an offer of his Lazard for my Mostert in a rebuild I am in.

Was hoping for a 2nd but no one will pay.  Would anyone accept Lazard for Mostert in dynasty?

Allen Lazard (core) was limited during Wednesday's practice.

A Wednesday limited session seems to be how the Packers will be treating Lazard moving forward after he missed so much time with the core injury. Still, expect him to play against the Lions in Week 14.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:32 PM ET

He seems like he will never be right in 2020, not in any reliable way where you want to start him. 

At the same time I give him a decent chance of having 1 really strong game out of these last 3-4 left for the Packers. 

Played in about 3 out of 4 leagues but that means that 1 out of 4 feels similar that he just isn't worth the roster space in redraft right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Packers coach Matt LaFleur said the team is "not going to put [Allen Lazard] on the field for 60 snaps" in Week 14 against the Lions.

LaFleur said Lazard (core muscle surgery) has been on a pseudo snap count to ensure he doesn't re-aggravate his injury. It's pertinent news since this divisional showdown between the Packers and Lions has been bet up to become the week's highest total (55.5). Lazard is a viable FLEX option since he's still seen a progressive increase in snap rate the past two games (46% < 69%), but his ceiling is arguably limited as long as Marquez Valdes-Scantling is cemented in two-wide sets for the foreseeable future.

SOURCE: Tom Silverstein on Twitter

Dec 11, 2020, 2:43 PM ET

Anybody starting him this week ? I’m a mess at WR and I have him in just now over Claypool, Gage and Higgins. Snap share increasing every week, and he’s going into what should be an absolute shoot out. Taking the risk that this is the week he breaks back out 

Allen Lazard caught 4-of-8 targets for 96 yards and a touchdown in Green Bay's Divisional Round win over the Rams.

Leading 25-18 with less than three minutes remaining in the final quarter, Lazard got loose for a 58-yard touchdown (and perfect throw from Aaron Rodgers) to seal Green Bay's invite to the Conference Championship. With two full weeks of rest under his belt, Lazard's eight targets were unsurprisingly his most since initially suffering a core injury in Week 3. The Packers were in dire need of someone, anyone to step up behind Davante Adams (9/66/1) and Lazard clearly answered the call at just the right time. Consider him the Packers' No. 2 receiver against whichever team escapes between the Buccaneers and Saints.

Jan 16, 2021, 8:06 PM ET

Allen Lazard caught 3-of-6 targets for 62 yards in the Packers' NFC Championship Game loss to the Bucs. 

Sidelined for six games by a core muscle issue, Lazard still nearly matched his 2019 career highs by corraling 33 balls for 451 yards and three scores during the regular season. He added seven receptions for 158 yards and a touchdown during the postseason. A huge target over the middle of the field, Lazard is probably close to a finished product at age 25, but he's certainly capable of being an above average No. 3 wideout. He probably shouldn't be a No. 2. An exclusive rights free agent, Lazard will be back with the Pack. 

Jan 24, 2021, 7:52 PM ET

Is this guy WW fodder in most leagues?  I'm probably going to have to drop him to make room for my picks.  I don't think he's a bad player, but at some point you have to realize he's never going to be a top fantasy WR.

Is this guy WW fodder in most leagues?  I'm probably going to have to drop him to make room for my picks.  I don't think he's a bad player, but at some point you have to realize he's never going to be a top fantasy WR.
Would you feel differently if Lazard had had the same 2020 year that MVS had? Because Lazard was hurt most of 2020 & prior to MVS seizing that opportunity I would guess most people would have expected those #’s from Lazard. Assuming good health (and no add’l WR competition), is it worth it to you to see how Lazard does this year? 

higgins said:
Would you feel differently if Lazard had had the same 2020 year that MVS had? Because Lazard was hurt most of 2020 & prior to MVS seizing that opportunity I would guess most people would have expected those #’s from Lazard. Assuming good health (and no add’l WR competition), is it worth it to you to see how Lazard does this year? 
I don't like either.

Packers re-signed WR Allen Lazard to a one-year, $850,000 contract. 

Amidst reports that the Packers are reuniting with Randall Cobb, Lazard is finally signing his exclusive rights free agent tender. Perhaps Lazard was hoping for an extension. Absent that, this was his only option. Lazard is a huge target over the middle of the field, but he was badly miscast as the Pack's sometimes No. 2 wideout in 2020. He would be much more valuable in a No. 3/4 role, something that will probably come to fruition this season as the Pack have Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Amari Rodgers and likely Cobb behind Davante Adams in addition to Lazard. Re-draft value is going to be difficult to come by for Lazard. 

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on Twitter 

Jul 27, 2021, 3:13 PM ET

Helaire-ious said:
If Cobb is back, I guess Lazard & AMari hopes are gone :(
I can see Amari Rodgers being better than Cobb, Lazard, and MVS, but Aaron Rodgers doesn't usually like rookie WRs.  Still, I'd rather have Amari Rodgers than all 3 of those bums. 

Man, Lizard King is such a tease. Dude was beasting in that game where he broke himself last year. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him breakout big(ger) this year as the true #2 for ARod.

Allen Lazard caught 3-of-5 targets for 27 yards and one touchdown in the Packers' Week 6 win over the Bears.

His five targets tied Davante Adams for the team lead, and Lazard snagged Aaron Rodgers' first touchdown of the day on a one-yard shovel pass. It was Lazard's first score of the season after he entered this one with seven catches for 97 yards on the year. Lazard isn't a fantasy option for Week 7 against Washington.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Packers placed WR Allen Lazard on the reserve/COVID list.

He'll join Davante Adams, who was placed on the team's COVID list Monday afternoon. With Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring, IR) merely "hopeful" to return for Thursday night, the Packers will prep for life with Randall Cobb, Equanimeous St. Brown, and Amari Rodgers in three-wide sets and Robert Tonyan carrying the load at tight end. The organization could also promote Juwann Winfree or Chris Blair from the practice squad mid-week. It's a disastrous situation for a team already in intensive protocol ahead of Week 8.

SOURCE: Green Bay Packers on Twitter

Oct 26, 2021, 4:04 PM ET

Lazard is unvaxxed and is probably a casualty of the "close contact" provision of the rule (most likely due to contact with Adams) - meaning, unlike Adams, Lazard is certainly out for tomorrow's game and he has a mandatory 5 day waiting period.

Packers activated Allen Lazard from the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

It's a step in the right direction for a team that was without three of its top four receivers for their Thursday tilt with the Cardinals last week. However, Davante Adams remains on the COVID list and is the receiver fans wanted to be activated today. Adams still has plenty of time to return his pair of negative tests and is expected to play in Week 9 against the Chiefs. Lazard had two scores in the two weeks leading up to his COVID-related absence but both came with Marquez Valdes-Scantling out. MVS is expected to return this week, sending Lazard back to the minor role he was playing earlier in the year. 

Nov 1, 2021, 4:11 PM ET

Packers extended a second-round tender to restricted free agent WR Allen Lazard. 

The Packers hope to keep Lazard, a well-liked player who's better for real football purposes than fantasy purposes. He would make around $4 million if another team doesn't match Green Bay's tender and he plays 2022 with the Packers. Lazard in 2021 caught 40 of his 60 targets for 513 yards and eight touchdowns, serving as a go-to red zone target for Aaron Rodgers. He could have some deep-league appeal in 2022 depending on what the Packers do in free agency and the draft. 

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Mar 15, 2022, 11:04 AM ET

Could not agree more about the real v. fantasy comparison…there are games on TV where he looks great than I look at his career stats and ask is that it?  Feels like they should be bigger, especially since outside of Adams they haven’t had much at WR since he has been there.

Could not agree more about the real v. fantasy comparison…there are games on TV where he looks great than I look at his career stats and ask is that it?  Feels like they should be bigger, especially since outside of Adams they haven’t had much at WR since he has been there.
He's the Lazard king, he can do anything.

In drafts I've done, he is a couple rounds before or after his ADP and sometimes more fluctuation than that. I guess we collectively haven't decided on him yet.

I think he's not awesome and just a talented very big WR. He "presses" or "stresses" against better corners and never made the jump in confidence/maturity to playing the game the same against every CB. Watch him against a lesser CB and he's halfway smooth and uses his body well. Against a decent to top CB he runs into them or bumps them and sometimes more than once in a route and it's so unsmooth. It's rookie like and I assume the Pack's off-season plan is his comfort and maturity. 

In drafts I've done, he is a couple rounds before or after his ADP and sometimes more fluctuation than that. I guess we collectively haven't decided on him yet.
I think the presence of Sammy Watkins for 6 games out of the year is a little scary.  I do think Watkins will be Rodgers' preferred target, because he more talented of the 2 receivers and Rodgers' has shown propensity to lock onto specific players in years past - Jennings, Jermichael Finley, Devonta Adams.  I have seen Lazard in the offense and Rodgers doesn't seem to look his way very frequently.  

I guess I don't find it assuring to hear Rodgers talk about him being the #1 because I have heard him say similar things about a guy named Jake Kumerow - who can be googled under "Where in the world is Jake Kumerow?". 

My projection is Watkins, Tonyan then Lazard and by the time Watkins is on IR - hopefully, Watson will have his legs under him.  I am a Lazard owner in Dynasty, but I would trade him for a plate of baked beans and a wet wipe for when the beans run their course. 

I believe at this point we know what Lazard is.  No more, no less.
True but he is very likely going to be Rodgers top target this season - and we know what that brings as well.

I’m not suggesting anyone pay anything for him in dynasty because by next season he could be the 3rd or 4th option if the rookies develop and/or they sign a veteran - but he’s a sneaky guy that could turn in an 81-1,100-7 stat-line this season. Who else is catching passes in GB and we know Rodgers likes guys he knows and can trust. Rodgers has a long history of “ignoring” rookie WRs and Watson is a very raw product.

Lazard is a fairly average talent but he’s a reliable pass catcher and a professional WR.

True but he is very likely going to be Rodgers top target this season - and we know what that brings as well.

I’m not suggesting anyone pay anything for him in dynasty because by next season he could be the 3rd or 4th option if the rookies develop and/or they sign a veteran - but he’s a sneaky guy that could turn in an 81-1,100-7 stat-line this season. Who else is catching passes in GB and we know Rodgers likes guys he knows and can trust. Rodgers has a long history of “ignoring” rookie WRs and Watson is a very raw product.

Lazard is a fairly average talent but he’s a reliable pass catcher and a professional WR.
I have a VERY Win Now FFPC team where my top 3 WRs are Adams (30), Evans (29) and Theilen (32), so Lazard (just picked him at 3.6 in our rookie/FA draft in May) actually made my WR corpe younger ;)  

but seriously, it’s a move to make sure if one of my top WRs goes down I have a potential #1 WR to step right in. Who knows, maybe he lights it up, gets signed to a 3 year deal, and he can help me transition my roster over the next 3 year. 🤞

if not, he didn’t really cost me much at all in this year’s draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread