What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Lazard, NYJ (1 Viewer)

He's in. I got 6 players on bye this week. Plus Thompson just got hurt. Lazard for the win.
Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him lead the team in targets. 

Considering a 4th quarter line of 4/65/1, it’s tempting to project that over a full game, but he probably won’t go 16/280/4. 

Could he go 9/14 for 120+ & 1 TD? Absolutely. 

love him for the volume alone. Was just reading how when he was with JAX he practiced against Ramsey & developed his game.

gruecd said:
Lattimore has been shutting everyone down. Lazard might be Aaron's #1 target this week.
Exactly.  Look at what he’s done to the 3 top wideouts that he’s faced in the last 3 weeks.  Chark, Mike Evans, and Amari Cooper were all brutalized.  I love Arob just about any other time, but not this week.

My opponent also has Rodgers at QB, so it’s a bit of a hedge for me as well in case he has a big game.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opponent also has Rodgers at QB, so it’s a bit of a hedge for me as well in case he has a big game.
I mean, sort of. 

cancellation is kind of a myth tho. The only time it really works is if they’re the last two players in the night game & neither gets hurt. and it’s PPR & all your opponents TDs go to your dude. 

for the 1st time in decades this happened to me this year where my opponent had Wilson & I had Lockett & Carson. 

but really you just need your WRX to outscore his WRX, and your QB to outscore his QB.

otherwise it’s kind of irrelevant that he has ARod & you have Lizard King.

It probably hurts you more than hedges that he has ARod.

I mean, sort of. 

cancellation is kind of a myth tho. The only time it really works is if they’re the last two players in the night game & neither gets hurt. and it’s PPR & all your opponents TDs go to your dude. 

for the 1st time in decades this happened to me this year where my opponent had Wilson & I had Lockett & Carson. 

but really you just need your WRX to outscore his WRX, and your QB to outscore his QB.

Right but if I play say Sanu over McLaurin, it might work out if my opponent has Ryan. Maybe McLaurin scores 16 and Sanu only gets 10, but those 10 will basically be 20 because of the points they cancelled out from Ryan.

Right but if I play say Sanu over McLaurin, it might work out if my opponent has Ryan. Maybe McLaurin scores 16 and Sanu only gets 10, but those 10 will basically be 20 because of the points they cancelled out from Ryan.
Wut

not sure if you’re kidding or not. Please tell me you’re kidding.  :unsure:

But you get whatever your guy gets...if you had McLaurin...the 16 would be better off.

He is going to get whatever Ryan gets...you lost 6 points in that scenario.

Exactly.  Look at what he’s done to the 3 top wideouts that he’s faced in the last 3 weeks.  Chark, Mike Evans, and Amari Cooper were all brutalized.  I love Arob just about any other time, but not this week.

I think playing Lazard over Arob is perfectly reasonable. The Chicago game is probably gonna be super low low scoring and Trubisky could be rusty in addition to the Lattimore fact. Throw out the rankings this time of year. This is a week to week game and this week Lazard should be the better play. 

With Juju and Godwin on bye, I’m firing up Lazard this week.  Hope MVS can play at least.  I would prefer Lazard not be the #1 guy drawing the most attention.  

I mean, sort of. 

It’s a hedge in the sense that Arod looks to be without at least two of his top receivers, and LK is the one among the bunch he has who does stand out against a defense that isnt all that great this week.  I dont know exactly what I have with LK at this point, but everything he did on Monday night was just in the 4th quarter alone.  If he goes for over a hundred yards and 3 TDs this week I will be double kicking myself if he’s on my bench with Arod playing against me.

It’s a hedge in the sense that Arod looks to be without at least two of his top receivers, and LK is the one among the bunch he has who does stand out against a defense that isnt all that great this week.  I dont know exactly what I have with LK at this point, but everything he did on Monday night was just in the 4th quarter alone.  If he goes for over a hundred yards and 3 TDs this week I will be double kicking myself if he’s on my bench with Arod playing against me.
I don’t fault you for starting him,  but just know it’s mutually exclusive to your opponent starting ARod. 👍🏼

I may start him over Amari Cooper as I think LK will be better than Austin, who I’d be forced to start if AC is a late scratch. 

Could he go 2/6 for 22 & 0 TD?

Absolutely.
Could he get drunk, get arrested for soliciting a dwarf prostitute & miss the game entirely?  

Absolutely. 

there are many things in the realm of possibilities. And that’s why he is the Lizard King. His legend grows by the minute. 

that said, 2/6/22 seems unlikely considering 4 receptions on 5 targets in like 13 mins of game time. 

The 3:30 Advisory on Saturday has just been released, we have a few updates...

-Geronimo upgraded to Questionable

-MVS likely playing

-Adams OUT

The facts remain that although MVS and Geronimo might be playing, neither has really nailed it down as a go to guy, both nursing some injuries which could impede them like wind sheering on an Atlantic Storm. And since Lazard has looked great and is a favorite of Rodgers, we are still going to anticipate a potential Cat-1 on Sunday with winds still packing 80 MPH and let's start getting some potential rainfall and stats from NOAA...

7 targets, 5 catches, 60 yds and a TD, Top36 WR still making him a start amongst most 12 teams leagues, start-3 WRs. 

Batten down the hatches and let's see how the Cone of Uncertainty looks tomorrow morning. 

Could he get drunk, get arrested for soliciting a dwarf prostitute & miss the game entirely?  

Absolutely. 

there are many things in the realm of possibilities. And that’s why he is the Lizard King. His legend grows by the minute. 

that said, 2/6/22 seems unlikely considering 4 receptions on 5 targets in like 13 mins of game time. 
Only the Lizard King could score 22 touchdowns on only 2 receptions!

And just 6 yards?  Surely he has a hand in getting the team into scoring position too...

I just reached an agreement with my fantasy leaguemates for the rights to Lazard over the next 8 years.  

It’s not even a dynasty league.  
Bunch of bums you play with. Hope they enjoy losing the next 8 years in a row

• Laughing
Reactions: One
I am likely not starting him now.  I will go Crowder over him as I like my match-up this week and think a steady 6/60 from Crowder will be all I need. However, I am not dropping him either and am still excited about seeing his role Sunday.

Absolutely. 

I like his upside this week too but basing anything on 13 minutes of game time is just as foolish as trying to cancel your opponent by starting Lazard because your opponent has Rodgers.

Lazard played in 6 games prior to those 13 minutes totalling 1 catch for 7 yards. He couldn't get in front of Allison, Scantling or Jake Kumerow. Two UDFAs and a 5th round pick.

Multiple injuries in front of him are the only thing he has going for him and that may be enough for this week. 

I like his upside this week too but basing anything on 13 minutes of game time is just as foolish as trying to cancel your opponent by starting Lazard because your opponent has Rodgers.

Lazard played in 6 games prior to those 13 minutes totalling 1 catch for 7 yards. He couldn't get in front of Allison, Scantling or Jake Kumerow. Two UDFAs and a 5th round pick.

Multiple injuries in front of him are the only thing he has going for him and that may be enough for this week. 
I ain’t arguing otherwise. He’s a nice dart throw for a BYE week WR3 or flex though. 

I'm probably back on the “start Cooper & if he’s a late scratch go with Austin” wagon, but it’s tempting to roll with the lizard king. Better bragging rights if he blows up & all that. ;)  

I don't see anything saying MVS was upgraded. Why do people think he will play? He missed practice Friday. Isn't it Allison, Lazard and some other scrub at WR3?

I remember being surprised he didn't get drafted. The biggest issue coming out was speed, but Lazard put up a 4.55 at the Combine, which one scout said was the biggest surprise of the event. He also had a 38" vertical.

The only thing I could really find was he had a terrible practice at the Senior Bowl & dropped a bunch of passes, but guys with his size, athletic ability, & production (in a Power-5 conference) don't go undrafted.

Did Lizard kill somebody? If not, he must be a real a$$hole, LOL.

I remember being surprised he didn't get drafted. The biggest issue coming out was speed, but Lazard put up a 4.55 at the Combine, which one scout said was the biggest surprise of the event. He also had  38" vertical.

The only thing I could really find was he had a terrible practice at the Senior Bowl & dropped a bunch of passes, but guys with his size, athletic ability, & production (in a Power-5 conference) don't go undrafted.

Did Lizard kill somebody? If not, he must be a real a$$hole, LOL.
He did more last week than J'mon Moore did in his time in GB.

I am likely not starting him now.  I will go Crowder over him as I like my match-up this week and think a steady 6/60 from Crowder will be all I need. However, I am not dropping him either and am still excited about seeing his role Sunday.
Believe or not, this is my logic some days.

That was one my few serious posts in this thread
I thought so, but still can't believe I have to use that logic.

Worse still, I can't believe I drafted and still (once again) roster and start Crowder in one leeg (you might know which).

OOooooooooooooooooof.

Worse still, I can't believe I drafted and still (once again) roster and start Crowder in one leeg (you might know which).

OOooooooooooooooooof.
I just added him in my main league to get through these bye weeks. I would have preferred to play Lazard but it’s too risky that he gives me a 0.

OOooooooooooooooooof.
and our fantasy season started out with such promise.

Users who are viewing this thread