What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what "upgrade" was worth it? (1 Viewer)

Hmmm. I’ve had little trouble with people visiting me in Hawaii. And I made the trip to visit my sister when she was in San Fran, but never in New Hampshire.

I wouldn’t want to go to Ft. Myers either.
Do you pick up the flight tab?

I gotta be honest I've never been to Hawaii and if my sister lived there I wouldn't go there either, don't like the idea of the flight time and time change.

If she lived in Vegas I'd go twice a year

Do you pick up the flight tab?

I gotta be honest I've never been to Hawaii and if my sister lived there I wouldn't go there either, don't like the idea of the flight time and time change.

If she lived in Vegas I'd go twice a year
No. Visitors get a free place to stay, vehicle, meals and a tour guide. They can pony up for the flight.

Once or twice a year is plenty family interaction for my liking.

If NFL players had some semblance of fiscal responsibility, they could live and retire comfortably just about anywhere on the planet. Personally, I’d take a big pay cut to play for San Diego, San Fran, Seattle or Denver.
If they had some semblance of fiscal responsibility they'd all live in non-income tax states.

Dentist said:
Interestingly enough I have a sister who lives in Ft. Myers, so she's in a wonderful climate.   I haven't visited her in 10 years, nor have her friends, my dad hates traveling to her and will only do it once per year out of obligation.   I've seen similar experiences with multiple people..  people with homes in the Caribbean and such..  people just won't go out of their way to come to you... whereas now I live 5 min from my parents and my kids have a wonderful relationship with their grandparents...  my sisters kids barely have any relationship with them by comparison.
Since we moved to FL I can't beat the visitors off with a stick.  Visitors we lived within a few miles of in Houston and see more frequently now.

Razors/razor blades. There's probably something better, and I've tried many of the alternatives recommended here in various threads, but the top end Gilletttes really seem to do the least amount of damage to my face and last longer.
I'll tell ya, those Mach 3's are a damn good razor. I shave my head and face a few times a week and it's always a great shave.

Lillie Q Carolina Gold BBQ sauce with any smoked meat is $. 

Q-tips over cotton swabs. 

Really good beer over so-so beer. 

This has always been my fear with Lasik.  You go in for elbow surgery and they mess up, you might have some slight pain in your elbow when you move it a certain way.  You go in for Lasik surgery and they mess up, you're blind.
Yeah, but lets be real.  The chance of them messing up BOTH eyes is pretty astronomical.

PSA for the folks in here talking about buying good TP

DO NOT buy Quilted Northern if you have a septic tank.  There's a chemical additive that's added to the paper-making process to help give it strength when wet (like in paper towels) so they don't break down/dissolve like normal TP does.   I used to work at the Georgia Pacific mill that made QN and Sparkle paper towels.  I forget the ppm dosages but QN gets 2/3 of the amount of chemical that the towels get.  QN was originally invented for women who complained about their fingers going through their TP while wiping, but it'll wreck your septic system. 

skycriesmary said:
I still don't understand how people drink Bud and Coors, or the like.
When I'm at a divey bar and want something "safe," Bud Light is always my go to. I don't trust the glasses in those places, or what comes out of the gun. And I don't want to get a funny look by ordering a fancy IPA or something they don't have. Bud Light bottle is always available and I'll never get any funny looks or diseases ordering it.

This has always been my fear with Lasik.  You go in for elbow surgery and they mess up, you might have some slight pain in your elbow when you move it a certain way.  You go in for Lasik surgery and they mess up, you're blind.
Except that it hasn’t happened as a direct result of the surgery. Granted, the reporting of such complications is problematic.

There is at least one case of an eye infection leading to loss of vision as a delayed complication of lasik, but there are also people who’ve gone blind from infections associated with contacts. And I’m sure someone has died from complications of elbow surgery, too.

You know people die from surgery infections all the time, right?

Was reading a thread on the Bogleheads forum (financial/investing advice), asking what they considered their best financial splurge. Lasik was one of the more common answers, with many people adding they wish they hadn't delayed doing it. And these are some of the most frugal people on the internet.

I don't need corrective eyewear, so it's easy for me to say, but it really seems like concerns of Lasik going awry are overblown. 

Was reading a thread on the Bogleheads forum (financial/investing advice), asking what they considered their best financial splurge. Lasik was one of the more common answers, with many people adding they wish they hadn't delayed doing it. And these are some of the most frugal people on the internet.

I don't need corrective eyewear, so it's easy for me to say, but it really seems like concerns of Lasik going awry are overblown. 
Same boat

Come on guys 

Getting a filling can lead to permanent nerve damage or death if you read the fine print.

Bosch dishwasher. If you try one, you won't look back.

Awful, I will definitely go with a different brand next time, 1000 dollars, 4 years old, and issues like the soap not opening all the time. It is 2-3 times louder when now when compared to when i bought it, etc.

MTskibum said:
Awful, I will definitely go with a different brand next time, 1000 dollars, 4 years old, and issues like the soap not opening all the time. It is 2-3 times louder when now when compared to when i bought it, etc.
 Couldn't disagree more. Will never buy another brand than Bosch when it comes to dishwashers. About seven years, still working great, still wouldnt know if it was running if it wasnt for the little red dot on the floor and I have horribly hard water. 

And I wear one day disposable contacts which are a minor inconvenience but generally fine.  I'd rather not have to, and have even better vision than with the contacts, but at the risk of going blind or having major eye discomfort?  Even if it's a 1/1000 risk?  Just seems like I'm better off where I am.

Agree and I don’t even drink wine.  But my wife does...and who can blame her.

We’ve probably had every type of wine opener invented.  There’s an electric one gathering dust somewhere around here. 

The waiter’s wine opener is still the go-to. Can’t beat it.  https://images.app.goo.gl/PiboEAvq2iZdxo1R6

We’ve got at least 3 in the house.  I even keep one in my travel  shaving kit since it opens beer bottles too. 
Yup all you need.

If you have decent bottles of vino that you drink more frequently but are only going to have a glass this thing has been great: Coravin

• I go with the dealership on car repairs. They charge more but it's no hassle and I haven't had to deal with a bunch of bull#### :knocksowood:
  • In similar vein I'm never going cheap again on car tires. Just pay the extra per tire ends up being worth it
  • Haircuts. Would go cheaper but been going to the same guy forever and don't have to think about it
  • Shampoo. Just steal the wife's, she buys some deluxe stuff
  • Produce and Meats, food in general really

And I wear one day disposable contacts which are a minor inconvenience but generally fine.  I'd rather not have to, and have even better vision than with the contacts, but at the risk of going blind or having major eye discomfort?  Even if it's a 1/1000 risk?  Just seems like I'm better off where I am.
What risk would be acceptable? One in a million?

Not sure what you're getting at. Sounds like a set up for a joke?

Anyhoo, I like most outdoor activities. But for skiing, I prefer Vail over Montana.

Sorry, i did read through your other posts and it seems to be quite the coincidence. There was someone that was a doctor from Hawaii from another fantasy football site that did not drink. I even went skiing with him in Vail a few years ago, which makes your previous post all the more suspect.

However he did not have a 20 year old kid, as one of your previous posts mentions. Just a coincidence it seems, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread