What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tee Higgins, CIN (1 Viewer)

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins (hamstring) caught just one pass for three yards in Saturday's 45-10 win over Louisville.

Higgins (6'4/215) was nursing a minor hamstring during the week, but managed to play without notable issue on Saturday. His statistical impact versus Louisville was essentially nil, though. The junior wideout will try for bigger and better things against Boston College next weekend.

Oct 19, 2019, 3:41 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins hauled in five passes for 74 yards with a touchdown in a 59-14 blowout win over Wofford on Saturday.

Higgins only needed a half to put up his numbers. His touchdown came with 8:02 left in the second quarter; a 22-yard connection with Trevor Lawrence that gave the Tigers a 35-0 lead over the FCS opponent. The five receptions are actually the most the talented junior has had since September 28 when the 6-foot-4, 215-pound playmaker hauled in six passes in the close win over the Tar Heels. We expect he'll be just as involved -- if not more -- next Saturday against NC State.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:13 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins caught four passes for 64 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 52-3 win over Wake Forest.

Higgins (6'4/215) and Trevor Lawrence hooked up on a trio of first-half touchdown passes, one in the first quarter and two more in the second quarter as Clemson rolled out to a 31-3 halftime advantage. Both of those second-quarter scores came with under a minute remaining, aided by a Jamie Newman interception which allowed the offense to reload. The wideout had not caught multiple touchdown passes in a game prior to Saturday's sweet performance. He has now scored in three consecutive contests. Higgins will be able to rest up off this big performance while Clemson is on bye next weekend. The Tigers will tango with South Carolina on Nov. 30 to close out the regular-season campaign.

Nov 16, 2019, 6:51 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins turned three receptions into 101 yards with two touchdowns in a 38-3 blowout victory over South Carolina on Saturday.

Higgins scored the first two touchdowns of the game; a 10-yard connection with Trevor Lawrence with 6:58 left in the first quarter, and another a little more than three minutes later on a beautiful 65-yarder. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound wideout is now at exactly 900 yards on the season, and he's scored an even 10 touchdowns, as well. Expect both those numbers to go up next Saturday when the Tigers face Virginia for the ACC Championship.

Nov 30, 2019, 3:12 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins caught four passes for 98 yards with a score in a 52-14 win over Georgia Tech on Thursday.

Higgins made the biggest play in the Clemson passing game, hauling in a 62-yard pass from Trevor Lawrence to give the Tigers a 28-0 lead in the second quarter with just under five minutes left in the first half. It's very early, but Higgins was clearly the go-to target on Thursday in the Clemson passing game, with no one else on the Tigers catching more than a pass. That's assuredly going to change -- the one-catch part, anyway -- but Higgins was excellent as a sophomore, and should be just as good, if not better, in his junior campaign. He'll look to reach the end zone again next Saturday against Texas A&M.

Aug 29, 2019, 11:30 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins caught seven passes for 158 yards in a 41-6 blowout win over Syracuse on Saturday.

The story of this game was Amari Rodgers because of his two scores and the fact he's doing it just six months recovered from an ACL injury. That being said, it was Higgins that led the Tigers in both receptions and yards, and he was a monster once again in this high-powered Clemson offense. Higgins should remain Trevor Lawrence's top target for the remainder of the year -- with all due respect to Rodgers and Justyn Ross, who would be the best option on most teams (okay everyone but Alabama) -- and for good reason. He'll have another big game until Clemson retreated in what should be a laugher next Saturday vs. Charlotte.

Sep 14, 2019, 11:23 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins caught six passes for 129 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 21-20 win over North Carolina.

Higgins (6'4/215) snapped a 14-14 tie in the fourth quarter via a 38-yard touchdown grab as Clemson survived their first scare of the season. The junior wideout is up to a lovely 22-505-3 receiving line through the first month of the campaign. He'll look to add to it against FSU next weekend.

Sep 28, 2019, 6:55 PM ET

NEXT

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins was compared to Alshon Jeffery by ESPN's Matt Bowen.

Higgins (6'4/210) and Jeffery (6'3/218) are both big-bodied receivers with plus athleticism. They both can win deep and in the red zone, but it can be argued that Higgins has more upside than what Jeffery has shown in the NFL. The junior flashed with Trevor Lawrence last year and should be nearly unstoppable in 2019 before he declares for the 2020 NFL Draft early. Higgins has Day 1 potential, especially if he cleans up his technique instead of mainly relying on athleticism.

SOURCE: ESPN CFB on Twitter

Aug 6, 2019, 6:58 PM ET

The Athletic's Dane Brugler writes that Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins' "ability to use his length to expand his catch radius is uncanny."

"He not only has the body malleability and leaping skills to make catches over defenders," Brugler writes of the 6-foot-4, 210-pound Higgins, "but he also displays impressive concentration and judgment skills to turn contested jump-balls into big plays." While the analyst loves the junior's contested-catch work, he would like to see Higgins maybe not have to fight for so many balls -- and that would come about if Higgy can improve on his subtleties in the route-running game. Notes Brugler, "Higgins is a big play creator, but has work to do if he wants to be a consistent NFL target." A Day 1 selection will very much be in play should the wideout declare after the season.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jul 24, 2019, 12:40 PM ET

Film grinder Matt Waldman believes Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins needs to learn to track deep balls deeper in his route.

In terms of height and speed, Higgins (6'4/210) is a special college receiver and a potentially special NFL prospect, but there are ways he can go from a Day 1/2 prospect to a Day 1 lock. One way is by manipulating defenders on deep routes. Waldman notes that Higgins should keep his head down to separate even more and that he needs to get his hands elevated at the catch point. While this is somewhat nitpicking, these details are what will separate this stacked receiver class.

SOURCE: Matt Waldman on Twitter

Jul 16, 2019, 8:31 PM ET

Sports Illustrated ranks Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins 20th on their list of the top 100 players in 2019.

Higgins is coming off a very strong sophomore campaign, catching 69 passes for 939 yards, and scoring 12 touchdowns for the defending champion Tigers. Those numbers should be replicated in 2019, even with the emergence of Justyn Ross playing beside him. As SI notes, injuries were a problem for Higgins in 2017, but assuming he's fully healthy in 2019, this should be another strong season for a potential first-round pick in 2020.

SOURCE: Sports Illustrated

Jul 15, 2019, 3:42 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins had the lowest drop rate last year among returning ACC receivers.

Higgins (6'4/210) has a really intriguing 2020 NFL Draft profile. Size and athleticism are on his size, but he also has a pair of mittens for hands. Last year, Higgins only dropped 3% of his targets despite constantly being targeted down the field. With a full offseason to work with superstar QB Trevor Lawrence, Higgins should have little problems improving upon last year's 59 receptions and 939 yards. There's first-round potential.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Jul 10, 2019, 10:22 AM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins contributed a 131.0 passer rating when targeted in 2018 according to Pro Football Focus.

Higgins (6'4/210) also averaged 2.97 yards per route run and 5.6 yards after the catch. He had a stellar sophomore season by most marks and will now have an opportunity to take another step forward in 2019. Star QB Trevor Lawrence is only a rising sophomore and the offense largely remains in place. As the odds-on favorite to win the national championship again in 2019, expectations are sky-high for Higgins and the Clemson offense.

SOURCE: Pro Football Focus on Twitter

Jun 9, 2019, 12:41 PM ET

In his too-early big board for 2020, Bleacher Report's Matt Miller ranks Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins as the No. 5 draft-eligible prospect in the class.

Higgins (6'4/210) joins Jerry Jeudy as one of two wideouts to grace Miller's top-five (Jeudy slotting in at No. 2). This past season, the Clemson junior logged a 59-936-12 receiving line on his way to helping the Tigers slay Alabama monster for the national title. In his 2020 mock draft released at the end of April, Miller mocks Higgy to the Giants with the No. 10 pick.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

May 7, 2019, 2:19 PM ET

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller writes that Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins "knows how to beat cornerbacks off the line of scrimmage with his hands, feet and speed."

Miller ranks Higgins as the No. 5 draft-eligible prospect in this class and the No. 2 receiver prospect behind Jerry Jeudy. The analyst sees the 6-foot-4, 210-pound Tigers junior as a potential immediate contributor for the pro ranks. In his first mock draft for 2020, Miller pegged Higgins to the Giants with the No. 10 pick.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

May 21, 2019, 3:35 PM ET

CBS Sports' Will Brinson mocked Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins to next year's No. 14 overall pick.

Higgins (6'4/210) has consistently been mocked to the first round in early 2020 mock drafts, and he's even slid into the top-10 a few times. The Clemson receiver has shown major playmaking abilities (career 16.9 YPR) in his 1.5 collegiate seasons. In last year's breakout sophomore season, Higgins scored 12 touchdowns while catching 59 passes. With a full offseason to work with Trevor Lawrence, Higgins should smash in 2019 before declaring for the NFL early.

SOURCE: CBS Sports

May 27, 2019, 6:51 PM ET

CBS Sports' Chris Trapasso believes Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins is an "ideal fit" for the New Orleans Saints.

Outside of Micheal Thomas, the Saints receiving corps is relatively thin making Higgins a potentially great addition. Trapasso explains his affinity for Higgins by saying, "At 6-foot-4 and 205 pounds, Higgins is an intimidating, angular presence on the outside. He glides down the field effortlessly, understands how to utilize his sizable frame to shield defensive backs in jump ball situations, and has impressive build-up speed." With star QB Trevor Lawrence and a number of strong supporting weapons returning, Higgins is expected to continue producing at a high level.

SOURCE: CBS Sports

Jun 22, 2019, 2:36 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins scored three times on nine receptions for 182 yards in a 62-17 blowout win on Saturday over Virginia in the ACC Championship Game.

Higgins got the Tigers off to a hot start with a 19-yard touchdown connection with Lawrence with 11:11 still remaining in the first quarter. The two connected again at the end of the second quarter from seven yards away, and his 11-yarder in the middle of the third solidified the rout. Clemson is now 13-0, and the performance of Higgins (6'4/215) has much to do with it. He'll obviously be Lawrence's top target in the playoffs, be it against LSU or Ohio State.

Dec 7, 2019, 11:05 PM ET

WATCH: TEE HIGGINS MAKES INSANE, DIVING SIDELINE CATCH ON ONE FOOT

Last edited by a moderator:
Higgins to the Saints would be insane but more and more mocks have him going top 10 or 15. He’s the real deal at 6’4.

Tex

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins earned a perfect passer rating when targeted in Saturday's ACC Championship Game against Virginia, according to Pro Football Focus.

Higgins (6'4/215) saw nine targets on Saturday. Higgins brought in all nine targets, averaging just over 20 yards per reception. As Higgins' miraculous first-half snag over the right sideline proved, anything that floats into his vicinity is his. He has the massive range to get his hands on any pass and the concentration to finish the play.

Dec 8, 2019, 11:06 AM ET

Tee Higgins states case for best Clemson receiver of the decade

CHARLOTTE – When you cover a team that has won 28 consecutive games, including the last eight by at least 30 points, the press box can quickly turn into a barber shop. The debates become more engaging and entertaining than the lopsided action on the field.

Clemson receiver Tee Higgins sparked an intriguing discussion Saturday night during the Tigers’ 62-17 rout of Virginia in the Atlantic Coast Conference Championship Game. He amassed seven receptions for 117 yards and two touchdowns.

In the first half.

After his first touchdown — a simple outside route on which he erased a deep cushion and sprinted easily past an overmatched defensive back — my former colleague Brad Senkiw asked me where Higgins would rank among the Clemson receivers I have watched while covering the program the last nine seasons.

My initial response was to slot Higgins fourth. I acknowledged that my reasoning was wrapped in nostalgia. Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins broke records while propelling Clemson to national prominence.

Mike Williams followed those two legends and redefined the prototypical Clemson receiver. He initiated a lineage of perimeter power forwards who could negate perfect coverage by soaring over defenders.

Yet, the more intently I observed Higgins on Saturday night, the more I recollected his outstanding three-year career, the more I considered Senkiw’s argument, the higher Higgins climbed on my chart.

He is not simply the natural evolution of the Clemson receiver. He is a brilliant amalgamation of his predecessors.

Like Watkins, Higgins can explode out of cuts and dart away from defenders. Like Hopkins, he can snag passes in heavy traffic. Like Williams, he can snatch alley-oops over solid coverage.

Higgins operates with the balance, force and grace of a gymnast. He runs precise routes. He catches everything thrown within the same county.

Higgins closed the evening with nine receptions, 182 yards, three touchdowns and the ACC Championship Game MVP award.

Higgins ncreased his career touchdown total to 27, which tied Hopkins and Watkins for the most in Clemson 

history. Higgins moved into the Top 10 among Clemson receivers in career yardage. He has amassed 2,363 yards, including 1,082 this season. He became the first Clemson receiver to catch multiple touchdowns in three consecutive games.

Higgins’ greatness certainly has not been overlooked. Defensive coordinators certainly recognize his prowess. But as a team, Clemson has been so dominant for so long, Higgins’ individual virtuosity can easily be taken for granted.

He has been so consistently spectacular that it now appears routine. He tight-roped the sideline in the second quarter to make a catch that most of us could not recreate in the backyard with a Nerf ball. If we ranked the best catches of Higgins’ career, that one may not even crack the Top 10.

Hopkins contributed the most important catch in Clemson’s construction phase. His sliding snag on fourth-and-16 against Louisiana State in the 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl was the down payment on the manor Clemson built in college football's elite gated neighborhood.

Williams soared for a catch to extend the final drive of the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship Game against Alabama. That set up Hunter Renfrow’s game-winning touchdown catch.

Higgins does not have that signature championship moment, because Clemson has not needed one from him. Clemson won the last two ACC title games and its last two College Football Playoff games by an average margin of 33 points.

Many Clemson receivers will live in lore. Higgins can easily be lost in it.

Clemson’s revered lineage includes Watkins and Hopkins, Martavis Bryant and Adam Humphries, Mike Williams and Deon Cain, Artavis Scott and Hunter Renfrow, Justyn Ross and Amari Rodgers. That is just the past decade.

Yet, in that Pantheon of playmakers, Higgins can stand at the top. Shoulder to shoulder with the legends, if not slightly above them.

When these barbershop debates arise, the record book should not be the only one that repeats his name.

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins earned a perfect passer rating when targeted in Saturday's ACC Championship Game against Virginia, according to Pro Football Focus.

Higgins (6'4/215) saw nine targets on Saturday. Higgins brought in all nine targets, averaging just over 20 yards per reception. As Higgins' miraculous first-half snag over the right sideline proved, anything that floats into his vicinity is his. He has the massive range to get his hands on any pass and the concentration to finish the play.

Dec 8, 2019, 11:06 AM ET
INSANE!!!! That catch was crazy!

Tex

Updating an earlier item, Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins (head) has been ruled out.

Higgins (6'4/215) went up for a jump ball on a free play and didn't come down as smoothly as he'd hope. He appeared to be shaken up and his helmet was immediately taken off as he walked down the sideline to assess his status. Higgins has since headed to the locker room and been ruled out for the remainder of the game.

SOURCE: Bill Rabinowitz on Twitter

Dec 28, 2019, 8:42 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins returned for the Clemson in the third quarter of the Playstation Fiesta Bowl on Saturday.

Higgins (6'4/215) was reportedly ruled out, but that was a short ruling. It's a big return for the Tigers as he's one of the most effective wideouts in the country.

Dec 28, 2019, 10:41 PM ET

Didn't do a whole lot yesterday.  Still my WR1 for the time being.  I said it in my thread, but he's exactly like Torry Holt. 

It's very early but I've got 10 NFL teams in the market for a RB that according to my tiers, as of today, could come in and finish as an RB1 or 2 for fantasy next season. I'm assuming some of them can come in and at least compete for a big role. That's 3 RB1s and 7 RB2s. And about three other NFL teams that others have expressed doubts about the incumbent RB there. 

So by my *very early* look at the depth chart landscape, there are actually quite a few job openings in the NFL. This was not my view just a few months ago and I have heard others say the same thing - that it's great the rookie class is so good but there aren't that many openings. Well now I disagree and it's a big reason why I think this class will live up to the hype. 

How many starting caliber backs will get drafted? 10? Free agency will fill a couple openings and teams that should draft a RB won't. I think there are going to be some really good backs that slip in the draft but end up competing on rosters and winning. 

Ten cents. My ten teams with openings:

Chiefs

Steelers

49ers

Falcons

Texans

Patriots

Dolphins (room for 2 backs here possibly)

Jets

Bucs

Wash DC pro team

Others people have mentioned that are plausible:

Lions

Bears

Colts

Eagles

Ravens

I disagree with the redskins being in the market for a rb... Same with the Patriots. Just spent high picks on Harris and Michel. Jets require trading Bell (to another team on your list). Otherwise I think your list is correct. Let's also not forget the FA market, specifically Melvin Gordon
I did mention free agency would fill a couple spots but I also expect to be wrong about a couple openings. But there's probably a couple I won't expect that will emerge.

I don't necessarily think the Jets or Pats will draft a RB high, but I do think there will be quality RBs that end up on rosters and will outcompete the incumbents. I think the Pats are more likely in that regard but I bumped the Jets on my list because of how much Gase hates Bell but he probably is a #### block competition or not.

Redskins IDK. Any RB coming out of the draft that ends up on their team has a shot to be the starting RB week 1.  I realize Guice and ADP are there but that seems tenuous. 

I'm not planting any flags on these calls. My main point is I think there are more openings than originally thought. That's my early take.

Oh crap my bad I'm totally in the wrong thread. I thought this was the 2020 rookie thread. Whoops. Didn't mean to go on about rookie RB openings here.

Def fast enough. He got shaken up on a recent slant catch across the middle. Want to see him dominate and get Clemson back in the game.

I disagree with the redskins being in the market for a rb... Same with the Patriots. Just spent high picks on Harris and Michel. Jets require trading Bell (to another team on your list). Otherwise I think your list is correct. Let's also not forget the FA market, specifically Melvin Gordon
redskins could totally draft a rb....guice isnt cutting it....same with kerryon in Detroit 

Tee has great hands and decent speed but I think he needs to put on a few pounds.  He isn't going to be the burner that takes the top off of defenses.  He's good at the 50/50 ball.  He'll need to get stronger to prepare for the type of hits he'll get in the NFL.  

Tee has great hands and decent speed but I think he needs to put on a few pounds.  He isn't going to be the burner that takes the top off of defenses.  He's good at the 50/50 ball.  He'll need to get stronger to prepare for the type of hits he'll get in the NFL.  
He's 215 already... More weight is not something he needs.  At 6'4" he's big enough already and he already bullies defenders, doesn't need more of that.  Unless he runs 4.5 or better I don't want him to gain weight.  

Pretty much the same size and Micheal Thomas, 1 inch taller, 3 lb's heavier than his combine weight.  Almost exactly the same size as Mike Williams.  Size is his last concern.  

Dr. Dan said:
I'll gladly take guice off your hands 
Me 2.  Give him a chance to get healthy and run behind something other than a sieve and then we can pass "bust" judgement.

Now back to the Tee Thread.  The run on the reverse was impressive and I anticipate his ability to win the 50 / 50 ball will be a plus feature.  A little concerned about his route running.  It looked like he got rerouted pretty easily on a take off route but that can be refined.  Right now WR 3 for me behind Jeudy and Lamb

He outran Delpit who was timed at 4.52 as an incoming freshman... 

Higgins wont run a 4.3 or 4.4 but I think itll be better than high 4.5s or 4.6-4.65 predicted in Zyphros thread. 

I see him around 4.55, which is plenty for a guy his size. 
Also ran right by Nick Grant from Virginia during the ACC championship game. 

I agree he's not in the DK Metcalf realm. 4.4's probably. Not slow at least, just by my untrained eye. 

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Higgins (6'4/215) was expected by most to declare at some point, but you never know until it's official. Well, now it's official. Higgins joins a loaded WR class that could feature five or six first-round WRs, himself included. Though not the most nuanced route runner right now, Higgins shows off excellent speed, yards-after-catch ability, and arguably the most dangerous catch radius in the class. Higgins is the type of receiver who QBs want to turn to on third downs and in the red zone, when they absolutely need a play. Expect Higgins to be drafted in the top-50, at the very least.

SOURCE: Tee Higgins on Twitter

Jan 15, 2020, 2:55 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread