What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saints vs 49ers week 14 (1 Viewer)

How an NFL player can try to tackle like that is beyond me. You're taught in HS how to tackle..... LOL, what an idiot

49ers-Saints-Hawks-Vikings-Packers are just going to be some slobberknockers in the playoffs.  Hopefully someone in the East will get it together too
Meh....Packers can lose to about anyone at this point.  Sure...if Rodgers can get hot and the D can get turnovers they have a shot...especially if they can get a bye and a home game.  

Vikings, Saints, and 49ers definitely look like the class of the NFC

Seattle is weird, they have fairly obvious flaws on their team, but they also play up to their competition and always have the 49ers number. NFC West has always been rock paper scissors with the Rams as paper, Seattle as Rock, and the 49ers as Scissors. Arizona tends to be eating glue off in the corner.

Meh....Packers can lose to about anyone at this point.  Sure...if Rodgers can get hot and the D can get turnovers they have a shot...especially if they can get a bye and a home game.  

Vikings, Saints, and 49ers definitely look like the class of the NFC
I think the D is capable of stepping up, they've shown it at times

Yet ANOTHER game of the year for the niners... (until Seattle wk 17) good to see them finally come out ahead on this one. I know that was an offensively dominated game but Nick Bosa is awesome.

Officiating was pretty bad all the way around. Lot of penalties on both sides that should have been non-calls. 

On the 2nd TD to Cook, #62 moved early. Pretty obvious, but no flag.  Neither guy doing the game mentioned it and they kept showing the play, probably 5 times, and they never brought it up. How can multiple officials miss that when it’s right in front of them?  I saw it on the original play and thought it would come back for sure. Terrible. 

You don't have to lead with the crown if ots forcible contact to the head.

“Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:

forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenselessplayer by encircling or grasping him“

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/defenseless-player/
My mistake. I thought an element of intent entered into it.

”Defenseless posture”, needless to say, is a wide swath of gray area. Dunno, that play was unobjectionable very recently. Hardly a Charles Martin or Vontaze Burfict move. The rules might be jacked up, but I concede that they’re still the rules. Still, just more judgments for officials to apply inconsistently.

Users who are viewing this thread