What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to spend $1000 on? (1 Viewer)

I'd buy concert tickets for groups you really like (or liked in the past if still touring). Get good seats and enjoy the experiences. 

Build a nice computer.

Buy a palette  of Amazon returns and make youtube videos of you opening them===profit. 

I'm going guitar. At least if it just sits there, it'll look cool, like you're a man of creativity or danger. Impress the women without any talent at all! Consider it a choice to bolster the impression of you, the only thing mattering being what people come away thinking about you, not considering the person that is. Use it as a lifestyle choice -- possession is 9/10ths of talent, by the way -- that you can keep in the den and shed like a wife when you're no longer so inclined.

Okay, I got the Mad Men critique out of my system. I'd buy a subscription to FBG and PFF Elite. Then the guitar. And treat yourself to some good pizza and Coca-Cola or wine. Nothing like a pizza pie with those bevs in tow. 

I'm going guitar. At least if it just sits there, it'll look cool, like you're a man of creativity or danger. Impress the women without any talent at all! Consider it a choice to bolster the impression of you, the only thing mattering being what people come away thinking about you, not considering the person that is. Use it as a lifestyle choice -- possession is 9/10ths of talent, by the way -- that you can keep in the den and shed like a wife when you're no longer so inclined.

Okay, I got the Mad Men critique out of my system. I'd buy a subscription to FBG and PFF Elite. Then the guitar. And treat yourself to some good pizza and Coca-Cola or wine. Nothing like a pizza pie with those bevs in tow. 
I hate every post you make in every thread.

I hate every post you make in every thread.
That's a tall order on the upkeep. I shall try. In the meantime, back to pizza

[Lucas shows up to Maggie's house ready to go to the school dance with Cappie and Alise as a double date] 

Lucas : So, you ready to go?

Maggie : I don't think we can go, Lucas.

Lucas : Why not?

Maggie : Cappie and Alise broke up today.

Lucas : But aren't they here?

Maggie : Cappie's here, and he's very depressed. Sit down.

[Lucas sits with Maggie outside her front door] 

Maggie : She was jealous, or she doesn't like me or something. She said she'd break up with him if he went through with it. She didn't want to go with us, Luke. So, I think we have to call it off.

Lucas : I have my bike. We can still go.

Maggie : He kind of needs someone with him tonight. I don't want to leave him by himself. He had tears in his eyes when he came over tonight. Can you imagine tat big, strong guy crying?

[Cappie walks out of the house and sits between Maggie and Lucas] 

Cappie : Hi, Luke. I am sorry, Bud. Am I a drag, or what?

Lucas : Listen. I think you should come to the dance with us. I think it'd cheer you up.

Cappie : Naw. I'd feel like a third wheel. We were thinking of going out for a pizza. Why don't you come with us?

Maggie : Yeah, why don't you?

Lucas : You're going out for pizza.

Cappie : Well, it's just a suggestion.

Lucas : If you're so depressed how come you're eating pizza?

Cappie : Maybe I should just go home.

Lucas : No. Go eat pizza. Don't let me spoil your depression.

[Lucas runs to get his bike as Maggie runs behind him] 

Maggie : Are you okay? Where are you going?

Lucas : To the dance.

Maggie : By yourself?

Lucas : Hey, I'm a party animal.

[Lucas gets on his bike and rides away]

Happy Holidays, ghostguy123.

Last edited by a moderator:
WDIK2 said:
Drone

Surf board

Kayak

E-Bike

Pinball machine

Refurbished coin-op bar pool table

Soviet rocket launcher
Some great ideas here, my favs are bolded, but you won't get much of a Pinball Machine for only $1000-$1500, unless you'd be happy with an old electric mechanical game from the 50s-70s. Most good pins today range from $4-$8k. 

Give it to your parents, probably living rent free and they would appreciate it, plus you'd be a star in their eyes.

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
Current leaders in no particular order:

Concert tickets/dinner and drinks

Mini bike

Riding lawnmower(probably a no cause I dont mind walking my half acre)

Mini vacation

Here's what I would do with a thousand:

Supreme Marvin Gaye deck/skateboard - $70

Wall mount for deck - $30

Mobile Fidelity remasters the Grateful Dead - American Beauty and Workingman's Dead Vinyl - $100

Earl Sweatshirt T-shirt - $35 w/shipping

Subscriptions to The Athletic, PFF Elite next year, ESPN +, FBG - $265 or so

Grado Rs2e Headphones - $495

That's off the top of my head.

Fun exercise, though we don't necessarily all need the consumerism, it's nice to come into a mini windfall. Good thread.

Here's what I would do with a thousand:

Supreme Marvin Gaye deck/skateboard - $70

Wall mount for deck - $30

Mobile Fidelity remasters the Grateful Dead - American Beauty and Workingman's Dead Vinyl - $100

Earl Sweatshirt T-shirt - $35 w/shipping

Subscriptions to The Athletic, PFF Elite next year, ESPN +, FBG - $265 or so

Grado Rs2e Headphones - $495

That's off the top of my head.

Fun exercise, though we don't necessarily all need the consumerism, it's nice to come into a mini windfall. Good thread.
i HATE this post!

Drunken Cowboy said:
Buy 4 or 5 bottles of good scotch and/or bourbon. Enjoy a drink or 2 a week all year. 
This guy has the right idea.  Buy some alcohol from the glass case that you would normally not buy but always check out.

Put it away and forget about it until next holiday season.  Hope it's enough to get both the Playstation 5 and whatever the next Xbox is going to be called. 

Some sort of experience >> things. 

I say cross off something on your bucket list:  concert, sporting event, skydiving, white water rafting, ayahuasca trip, banjo lessons, whatever...

Users who are viewing this thread