Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What is the answer to Elizabeth Warren's question?

What is the answer to Elizabeth Warren's question?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, zftcg said:

OK, I thought so, but had to make sure. Because that would have been a new one for me. 

And yes, I agree that the past week has made obvious just how dramatic the stakes are for November. If we lose, that [bannable] [bannable] is going to royally [bannable] every one of us. He deserves to be [bannable] by his [bannable] until he [bannable].

I believe we established in th eNixon years that the appropriate form for accomplishing this was [explicative deleted].  We should honor our history, particularly since we are revisiting it. 

19 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

As most of you know, Elizabeth Warren asked the following question at the impeachment trial:

My hope for this thread is not to debate the impeachment, Trump, Democratic candidates or the appropriateness of the question.  I just want to focus on the question itself.  I suspect most Trump supporters will think it's a laughable question.  Liberals?  I'm not sure but my guess is many will think the answer is no.  

I think the answer is yes.  But I think it's an extremely complicated and interesting question.  The key part to me is what exactly "legitimacy" means here.

I thought Murkowski was the ying to that yang, basically saying that the process was so impossibly partisan and contentious that the very doing of it harmed the country.

Liz Warren has really disappointed me in this election cycle. She has just become something completely different from the person I thought she was. She is so opportunistic and inflammatory. It's really off-putting and this is coming from someone who used to hold her in the highest regards and has read a lot of her scholarly works. 

On 1/31/2020 at 2:20 PM, JB Breakfast Club said:

She's making Robert's admit that he's running a sham trial. He hasn't been up to the task of acting on anything, choosing to be a potted plant in a robe instead. 

As a Warren supporter, it tells me she is ready to take on Trump's court if she wins.

She's not making the CJ admit anything. He's following the law, the process the Senate put in place which he has no authority to change. 

On 1/31/2020 at 2:24 PM, quick-hands said:

We need a supreme court justice that doesnt follow the law.  Great point by America s mother in law.   I hope she wins  the nomination.  But she wont.

Warren apparently wants an activist SCOTUS. if I was considering voting for her, she lost my vote here. But I'm not her target audience. 

On 1/31/2020 at 1:47 PM, Juxtatarot said:

I think the answer is yes.  But I think it's an extremely complicated and interesting question.  The key part to me is what exactly "legitimacy" means here.

Following the Constitution doesn't de legitimize the SCOTUS.

Essentially the Senate used the standard for summary judgment or "decision without a hearing". We use it fairly often in adminstrative proceedings when the complaint, even if true, doesn't amount to an offense. 

We may disagree on the appropriateness here, but we knew the result going in. As did Warren. 

This is an example of child not getting their way and kicking and screaming trying to blame everyone.   The question and what it implies is pure non-sense.  Robert's is doing his job in a way that upholds his Constitutional duties in an honorable and non-partisan way.  Her question is what drags the integrity of the process into the mud and is a disgrace to this country.  

• Like 1