What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (5 Viewers)

Press conference Q #1 from Steph Curry, Underrated Media

:lol:

Followup: I’m free the next 3 months if you need a caddy

Nice to see Koepka blow up today, complete #####
3 stories. Morikawa has the best swing on tour right now. I’d want his swing over anybody’s. Money. His proximity to the pin in college was light years better than most pros. Easy to see coming. #2 was all of the rest of the young. bucks. Scheffler, Wolfe, Bryce and others also are here to stay. There’s a group of older stars who may get pushed out. #3  Koepka didn’t back up the #### talk. 2nd worst round of the day. That wannabe invincible Tiger aura - is it gone for good? The next major will be interesting. 

Judge Smails said:
3 stories. Morikawa has the best swing on tour right now. I’d want his swing over anybody’s. Money. His proximity to the pin in college was light years better than most pros. Easy to see coming. #2 was all of the rest of the young. bucks. Scheffler, Wolfe, Bryce and others also are here to stay. There’s a group of older stars who may get pushed out. #3  Koepka didn’t back up the #### talk. 2nd worst round of the day. That wannabe invincible Tiger aura - is it gone for good? The next major will be interesting. 
I don't necessarily disagree with #2, but I think it's important to consider this course was setup for the long ball (young guys). The driveable par fours and par fives didn't require much risk, if you were able to bring the ball in high you could hold some/most of these greens, and while the rough wasn't kind unlike some majors in the past you usually had a shot at the green anyway. 

Augusta officially announces no patrons at the Masters in November. All 2020 tickets will be honored for the 2021 tourney which is slated to take place at the usual time.

If this was the year I was finally going to be able to get tickets (I didn't) I'd be really happy that I didn't need to make that call myself or have a much more limited experience. Seems April could be semi normal there which would be way better. 

Watching the rewards challenge. Kind of fun to watch. Guys casual, in shorts. Banter going back-and-forth. Pat Perez is a real chatterbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these guys just not replace divots anymore? Did something change in the last few years? Guys are taking massive divots and caddies ignore it and just start walking as soon as the shot is hit. These fairways are littered with huge chunks of turf. What happened?

Do these guys just not replace divots anymore? Did something change in the last few years? Guys are taking massive divots and caddies ignore it and just start walking as soon as the shot is hit. These fairways are littered with huge chunks of turf. What happened?
Are they playing it lift-clean-place?

Its such a freaking racket. Why in the world is the cost of the GOLF channel built into my cable package if we can't watch?  Total scam.
It’s not even on the golf channel until 12 pst, you need pga tour live on amazon of nbc sports gold for the morning coverage. I almost paid the 9.99 for one month due to the next 3 tourneys then got pissed and put something else on.

It’s not even on the golf channel until 12 pst, you need pga tour live on amazon of nbc sports gold for the morning coverage. I almost paid the 9.99 for one month due to the next 3 tourneys then got pissed and put something else on.
I get pissed about crap like this all the time. But when I think of all the $10 bills I piss away that give me far less upside/entertainment value it makes no sense. I never change though.  :shrug:

I get pissed about crap like this all the time. But when I think of all the $10 bills I piss away that give me far less upside/entertainment value it makes no sense. I never change though.  :shrug:
Same, I just wish they had a 1 month free preview. :rant:  

I just feel like I'm justifying the screw job if I give them the $10.  IMO, its a slippery slope.

One of these days I need to sit down and run the numbers and figure out of i can cord-cut and still watch most of what I want. My cable is absurd when you consider I MAYBE watch 20 channels plus the movie channels (if anything good is on) out of the hundreds that I pay for.

I just feel like I'm justifying the screw job if I give them the $10.  IMO, its a slippery slope.

One of these days I need to sit down and run the numbers and figure out of i can cord-cut and still watch most of what I want. My cable is absurd when you consider I MAYBE watch 20 channels plus the movie channels (if anything good is on) out of the hundreds that I pay for.
I pay 9.99 for sportz tv and 50 for internet, I shouldn’t be complaining about adding 9.99 for a single month but here I am...

My son has PGA tour live on Prime. While it provides coverage, he's been disappointed so far because it only follows a couple of selected groups. They end up with odd pauses where mostly you just see the top leaderboard on the screen. It's nothing like the coverage you get from Golf Channel etc.

If you're desperate to watch golf, ok. Otherwise IMO it's way overpriced. 

@Ian_OConnor

Scottie Scheffler has an eagle putt of 80 feet on the 18th hole. In the unlikely event it goes in, he will complete the greatest round in PGA Tour history. Jim Furyk's 58 was 12-under. Scheffler's 58 would be 13-under.

Missed it, but still shot 59, not bad.
John Fields first laid eyes on him years ago during an amateur golf tournament hosted by Barton Creek Country Club in Austin, Texas, and couldn’t have been more impressed.

So the University of Texas men’s golf coach introduced himself to Scottie Scheffler and his Dallas parents, trying to get a leg up on recruiting the young talent.

He followed up on the visit by sending Scheffler a lengthy questionnaire, even asking if he’d narrowed his choice of colleges that he was considering.

“He wrote back,” Fields recalled. “He said, ‘Thank you for your nice note, but I really don’t know yet because I’m getting ready to go into the eighth grade.’ ”

Users who are viewing this thread