What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (3 Viewers)

Did I see a stat that says he's hit the fewest fairways of anyone that made the cut?  I'm hyped for Sunday.  Not sure how I'll manage nfl and this at the same time.    
This is where streaming is your friend. I can run 4 tv’s in my garage at one time. So tomorrow, with Hulu Live I can run:

Noon:

CBS NFL game

FOX NFL game

Royals game

US Open

3:00 Window:

Chiefs game

Royals game

US Open

PGA > NFL for me anyway. I've never had an NFL team to root for so I prefer the US Open. But I only have 1 TV myself, otherwise I'd be doing the same as a chief D

107 years since a first-timer has won this...Wolff splits the fairway on 1 looking relaxed.

Xander finishes +4 , good for solo 5th, exemptions,  and a healthy check

ETA. And that was 10 strokes behind the winner

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet most pros play forged irons
I looked on the Tour website for their What’s in the Bag/Winner’s Bag series:

BDC plays with carbon inserts

Stewart Cink plays offsets

DJ plays forged blades 

Rahm plays cavity backs

Jim Herman plays cast irons

Morikawa plays cavity backs

Thomas plays forged blades

Webb Simpson plays muscle back forged

Daniel Berger plays cavity backs

Sungjae Im plays cavity backs with inserts

Viktor Hovland plays cavity backs

Patrick Reed plays mystery irons haha j/k they’re a forged iron prototype by Grindworks

Adam Scott plays hybrid irons with inserts

Nick Taylor plays cavity backs.

IDK that most do, but that is a small sample size.

:shrug:

IME volunteering at PGA Tour events, lots of pros use clubs with more forgiving designs (cast, cavity backs, heel-toe weighting, offset, et al.) Strictly anecdotal but I think a lot of elite players want to hit forged blades bc they offer the best feedback for pure ball strikers.

I was wrong.  Thought he'd choke

He's still super annoying and I hate him,  but he did a hell of a job today.

I looked on the Tour website for their What’s in the Bag/Winner’s Bag series:

BDC plays with carbon inserts

Stewart Cink plays offsets

DJ plays forged blades 

Rahm plays cavity backs

Jim Herman plays cast irons

Morikawa plays cavity backs

Thomas plays forged blades

Webb Simpson plays muscle back forged

Daniel Berger plays cavity backs

Sungjae Im plays cavity backs with inserts

Viktor Hovland plays cavity backs

Patrick Reed plays mystery irons haha j/k they’re a forged iron prototype by Grindworks

Adam Scott plays hybrid irons with inserts

Nick Taylor plays cavity backs.

IDK that most do, but that is a small sample size.

:shrug:

IME volunteering at PGA Tour events, lots of pros use clubs with more forgiving designs (cast, cavity backs, heel-toe weighting, offset, et al.) Strictly anecdotal but I think a lot of elite players want to hit forged blades bc they offer the best feedback for pure ball strikers.
You can get forged clubs with cavity backs.

I just found it odd that you lumped forged in with persimmon and ballatas.  Forged isn't some old thing.  I still play forged irons. That is all I meant

Morikawa was playing P730s which are forged

Forged doesn't always mean blades

You can get forged clubs with cavity backs.

I just found it odd that you lumped forged in with persimmon and ballatas.  Forged isn't some old thing.  I still play forged irons. That is all I meant

Morikawa was playing P730s which are forged

Forged doesn't always mean blades
should have clarified I was thinking of forged blades

thought the context (balata/persimmon) made it obvious but nope

That was incredible to watch...it wasn’t equipment over-powering the rough that was eating everyone else up...it was swing speed and strength. If he can neutralize the rough with that length, how do you stop him? Maybe greens, we’ll see at Augusta.

Have to give him mad props. Comes out of his shoes and keeps it on the course. Great putting on top of that and he’s tough to beat.  This will give him a world of confidence. Should win many more majors 

That was incredible to watch...it wasn’t equipment over-powering the rough that was eating everyone else up...it was swing speed and strength. If he can neutralize the rough with that length, how do you stop him? Maybe greens, we’ll see at Augusta.
Don't know that these greens were easy at all.  They seemed to have a ton of break in them and they had them playing fast.  Funny enough, I thought this was the tourney that would elude Bryson's "hit it as far as possible, don't care if it's in the fairway" philosophy.  I think Augusta is a much better setup for his game.

Don't know that these greens were easy at all.  They seemed to have a ton of break in them and they had them playing fast.  Funny enough, I thought this was the tourney that would elude Bryson's "hit it as far as possible, don't care if it's in the fairway" philosophy.  I think Augusta is a much better setup for his game.
No doubt on the fit...we talked about it here and agreed the US Open was the worst fit. Maybe missing fairways at Augusta is more of an issue for him with the short rough and pines. Maybe the greens get dry and fast. He can win everywhere though.

No doubt on the fit...we talked about it here and agreed the US Open was the worst fit. Maybe missing fairways at Augusta is more of an issue for him with the short rough and pines. Maybe the greens get dry and fast. He can win everywhere though.
I've never thought of #3 at ANGC as being a driveable par 4 it's 350 yards - but maybe rethink that now lol

I see Wolff was up there too, which doesn't surprise me.  I think he hit 2 fairways on Saturday when he shot a 65.  He doesn't look like Bryson, but that kid is crazy strong.

i do that little hip thrust he does whenever I play with my dad....just to annoy him. Totally works. (I dont actually hit the ball like Wolf, but it sure annoys my dad a lot)

Congratulations to Bryson DeChambeau on winning the 120th U.S. Open. He’s a worthy champion and a popular one after his dominant win allowed most fans to change the channel early and follow their fantasy football team instead. On a personal note, Bryson followed up Saturday’s round by hitting balls on the range well into the night and then didn’t thank the pro shop staff after his victory. I speak for club pros nationwide when I say Bryson can kiss my ###. 

:lmao:

Congratulations to Bryson DeChambeau on winning the 120th U.S. Open. He’s a worthy champion and a popular one after his dominant win allowed most fans to change the channel early and follow their fantasy football team instead. On a personal note, Bryson followed up Saturday’s round by hitting balls on the range well into the night and then didn’t thank the pro shop staff after his victory. I speak for club pros nationwide when I say Bryson can kiss my ###. 

:lmao:
This is the hill you want to die on? That he didn't thank the ball picker upper guy?

I want to thank my mom, jesus christ, my golf coach, and Jayden who stuck it out a whole two hours past his bed time to shag my balls and put some grass seed on my divots.  Without him none of this would have been possible.

This is the hill you want to die on? That he didn't thank the ball picker upper guy?
Ya this is a little bananas. 

Why am I to hate Bryson again? Slow play? Wears a d**shy hat? I dunno. He's not likeable persay, but I certainly don't have him in my "can't stand category" either. 

Ya this is a little bananas. 

Why am I to hate Bryson again? Slow play? Wears a d**shy hat? I dunno. He's not likeable persay, but I certainly don't have him in my "can't stand category" either. 
He has many instances of dooshy behavior....just my .02

Bryson has a girlfriend who owns a swimwear line.   Not just an ordinary swimwear line either.  Nope, this is what she calls a "Large Cup" swimwear line.  I'll just say this because we aren't allowed to talk about these sorts of things anymore - it is GOOD to be Bryson DeChambeau.  Even if he is a real knob.

Oh. For me it's been a combination of how he's handled volunteers, officials and his slow play.

The topper for me was his ####ty handshake in 2018 when he collapsed and the other guy won
I didn't get to watch a ton of golf last year just because of some personal health matters so I definitely could have missed a lot that would make me feel the way you and others do. All good either way man, literally just curious. 

I know the story ON Reed and I know he's a poop face. I just didn't know as much about Bryson 

Bryson has a girlfriend who owns a swimwear line.   Not just an ordinary swimwear line either.  Nope, this is what she calls a "Large Cup" swimwear line.  I'll just say this because we aren't allowed to talk about these sorts of things anymore - it is GOOD to be Bryson DeChambeau.  Even if he is a real knob.
:eek:

You'd think he would pick up the pace a little if only to get home quicker. 

AndrewClark said:
I didn't get to watch a ton of golf last year just because of some personal health matters so I definitely could have missed a lot that would make me feel the way you and others do. All good either way man, literally just curious. 

I know the story ON Reed and I know he's a poop face. I just didn't know as much about Bryson 
It wasn't just last year.  At the memorial this year he berated an official for(correctly) calling his ball out of bounds.  I think it was a few weeks later when he screamed at a cameraman for continuing to film him while he flipped out after a bad sand shot.  Literally yelled at the guy for over a minute because he was "damaging his brand" by filming his tantrum.

Bryson is a d-bag.  Zero questions about it.  He also happens to be really good at golf, so if we want to watch the PGA for the next decade or so we'll just have to deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread