What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (1 Viewer)

JaxBill said:
Tyrell Hatton and Kevin Na for me this week.
No argument on either of them.

Looking way down the board...I'm backing theegala 250-1, lashley 175-1, and Wolff 100-1.

What I don't get about the playing through thing, they only use like half of the screen. If they utilized the whole screen, it'd be at least tolerable. 

Prediction in 2 years Bryson is going to have a giant gut

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, holiday weekend. Most people probably home and not working / barely working. You got Bryson going off in the morning, which I'm sure some people in here are sick of him but I just can't stop watching. I just want to see what he'll do next. Obviously struggling today a bit. But so what does the PGA do? Replay yesterday's afternoon round on the Golf Channel. I know this is how it's been done for a while now. I guess they have to defend the streaming rights they sold and I refuse to buy NBC Sports Gold for any sport. You'd have thunk many would have thrown it on in the background today. But what do I know?

Man, holiday weekend. Most people probably home and not working / barely working. You got Bryson going off in the morning, which I'm sure some people in here are sick of him but I just can't stop watching. I just want to see what he'll do next. Obviously struggling today a bit. But so what does the PGA do? Replay yesterday's afternoon round on the Golf Channel. I know this is how it's been done for a while now. I guess they have to defend the streaming rights they sold and I refuse to buy NBC Sports Gold for any sport. You'd have thunk many would have thrown it on in the background today. But what do I know?
So dumb

Kevin Na pulled a Tiger.  

@PGATOURComms: Kevin Na is a WD during the second round of the Rocket Mortgage Classic due to a back injury.

For those who like betting "Will there be a hole in one _______ Tournament - YES" has won 3 out of 4 since the return.

Well that seems like a hot take. For one, I don't think anyone will approach Reed's as the most detestable player among other players on the tour. I'm sure they probably agree with Bryson that without fans, there is absolutely no privacy. 

It's not a great look for Bryson but it's a bit like Tiger at his peak when everything he did was scrutinized. Tiger had the same issues with throwing tantrums on the course. If I had to guess, most players do it but it only gets picked up by the most followed guys. But it's a double edged sword. The only reason his brand has any value is because people want to watch him so you are going to get extra scrutiny. That extra scrutiny is the cost of having a brand worth something. 

But as a casual golf fan, I can tell you that he is one of the big reasons I'm watching this week. You seem like someone who doesn't like his game. But between playing more golf myself, the lack of other sports on and him, I'd imagine others feel the same way. Otherwise, I'm probably not going to watch a tournament featuring only 3 top 10 players, 7 top 25 players and 18 top 50 players on a Holiday weekend. 

I haven’t watched a lot since they started playing again, but it seems most guys are more loose and having more fun with no fans around

BDC reminds me first of Tiger exploding into the scene blowing it by everyone, then DJ doing the same. Doesn’t come along often.

Well that seems like a hot take. For one, I don't think anyone will approach Reed's as the most detestable player among other players on the tour. I'm sure they probably agree with Bryson that without fans, there is absolutely no privacy. 

It's not a great look for Bryson but it's a bit like Tiger at his peak when everything he did was scrutinized. Tiger had the same issues with throwing tantrums on the course. If I had to guess, most players do it but it only gets picked up by the most followed guys. But it's a double edged sword. The only reason his brand has any value is because people want to watch him so you are going to get extra scrutiny. That extra scrutiny is the cost of having a brand worth something. 

But as a casual golf fan, I can tell you that he is one of the big reasons I'm watching this week. You seem like someone who doesn't like his game. But between playing more golf myself, the lack of other sports on and him, I'd imagine others feel the same way. Otherwise, I'm probably not going to watch a tournament featuring only 3 top 10 players, 7 top 25 players and 18 top 50 players on a Holiday weekend. 
His brand. 😂 there is no brand without tv. He should try not being a laroosh. Thats the best way to serve his brand.

Well, Bryson got redemption for when Wolff buried him with a go ahead eagle on 18 last year.

Some spooky correlation with the two leaderboards.

Going forward, it should be an auto play on either Wolff or hovland if one is priced at double of the other.  Both are studs that will be around the top of the leaderboards for the next decade.

Bryson becomes first player to win tourny while being worst in the field at proximity to the pin since aaron baddely 15 years ago.  He putted out of his mind this week, but he is going to have a hard time closing wins in the future.  Don't plan on seeing him for less than 12-1 pre-tourny this season, and love him or hate him, Uber Bryson is by far the most fascinating topic in sports.  He is golf's walking moneyball experiment. 

Also, everybody hates bryson.  Before becoming the strongest player on tour, he had held the title of the the slowest for years.  In fact, the only other person on tour I've seen him buddy up with is patrick reed because nobody else wants to be around them.

Users who are viewing this thread