What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank em' (RBs) Now That We Have Landing Spots (1 Viewer)

Mid rookie draft and I’m having a hard time ranking the lower running backs. What do people think ? 

Moss. Marmite. Some people really like, others don’t. 

McFarland and Evans seem to have been well liked by various evaluators in the lead up to the draft and seen as the best sleepers. I think they are both in interesting situations long term and could have some ppr value quite quickly 

A.J. Dillon. He’s got the crazy size with speed, but questions whether he uses that size well and how things shake out in Green Bay 

Kelley - a lot of people like him as a sleeper. Good size and speed. Going into a situation with a small workhorse back. 

Gibson - exciting and drafted high but hard to see room for him 

I’m having hard time deciding between then first five of those 

interesting link ...

https://breakoutfinder.com/early-stages-identifying-and-exploiting-rookie-talent-at-the-running-back-position-a-model/

Last edited by a moderator:
I find Moss to be one of the most polarizing rookies. On one hand, you have Singletary who performed extremely well last year and the team seemed to be comfortable making him the workhorse this year. The use of 3rd round draft capital (same round Singletary himself was drafted) when the Bills did not have a lot of draft picks spoke otherwise - that they want a multiple RB approach and are clearly high on Moss. Unless one of them really stands out or gets hurt, I find this to be one of the more maddening RBBC situations out there.

I find Moss to be one of the most polarizing rookies. On one hand, you have Singletary who performed extremely well last year and the team seemed to be comfortable making him the workhorse this year. The use of 3rd round draft capital (same round Singletary himself was drafted) when the Bills did not have a lot of draft picks spoke otherwise - that they want a multiple RB approach and are clearly high on Moss. Unless one of them really stands out or gets hurt, I find this to be one of the more maddening RBBC situations out there.
I don't think it has to be maddening though...you just need to accept it's gonna be some form of an RBBC...while we all want to draft or acquire "the home run" I think there are many times looking to simply get on base can be effective when building a team...unless Singletary gets hurt the path to Moss blowing-up is probably blocked...that being said unless he just looks awful I think there's an easy path to production...when it comes to "second-third tier" RBs that is real important to me...sometimes in the off-season we forget how susceptible to injury RBs are because we look at everything glass-half-full...once the season starts and injury reality kicks in you need to be as deep as possible with "playable" RBs...these are guys you may not be overly excited about right now but come week 12 when you have three RBs injured and are fighting for a playoff spot you will be thanking the Fantasy Gods you have them because you are still up to bat for a solid week...I think if you look at Moss in that manner it's a lot easy to give him a specific value.

I don't think it has to be maddening though...you just need to accept it's gonna be some form of an RBBC...while we all want to draft or acquire "the home run" I think there are many times looking to simply get on base can be effective when building a team...unless Singletary gets hurt the path to Moss blowing-up is probably blocked...that being said unless he just looks awful I think there's an easy path to production...when it comes to "second-third tier" RBs that is real important to me...sometimes in the off-season we forget how susceptible to injury RBs are because we look at everything glass-half-full...once the season starts and injury reality kicks in you need to be as deep as possible with "playable" RBs...these are guys you may not be overly excited about right now but come week 12 when you have three RBs injured and are fighting for a playoff spot you will be thanking the Fantasy Gods you have them because you are still up to bat for a solid week...I think if you look at Moss in that manner it's a lot easy to give him a specific value.
Great post 

Mid rookie draft and I’m having a hard time ranking the lower running backs. What do people think ? 

McFarland and Evans seem to have been well liked by various evaluators in the lead up to the draft and seen as the best sleepers. I think they are both in interesting situations long term and could have some ppr value quite quickly 

A.J. Dillon. He’s got the crazy size with speed, but questions whether he uses that size well and how things shake out in Green Bay 

Kelley - a lot of people like him as a sleeper. Good size and speed. Going into a situation with a small workhorse back. 

Gibson - exciting and drafted high but hard to see room for him 

I’m having hard time deciding between then first five of those 

interesting link ...

https://breakoutfinder.com/early-stages-identifying-and-exploiting-rookie-talent-at-the-running-back-position-a-model/
I'd go Dillon. Not an overwhelming talent but the Packers did, despite other glaring needs, spend draft capital on him. Jones is really good but likely has had his apex as a fantasy player. I also think the Packers won't increase his workload, either. Expect a number of Jones's TDs will go to other places next year. Williams is a JAG and I expect Dillon to take his role in the offense fairly quickly. He has legit RB 3 usability.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really don't like the landing spot for Dobbins.  Pre-draft, I was very high on him, but Baltimore is a bad landing spot both in the short-term and long-term.  While having a mobile QB helps to freeze the LBs and Baltimore is clearly committed to being a run-first team, I can't help but think of D'Angelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart having all of their potential juicy goal line carries turned into Cam Newton TDs.  The problem was that Newton was TOO good at running, so of course he was going to keep it.  I can see the same thing happen with Dobbins.  And in the short term, he's basically the #3 RB behind Ingram and Lamar Jackson.

I think he will be a much better football player than fantasy football player.  I'm afraid if you take him, you're going to be waiting for another year or two for him to be "the guy," only to find out his ceiling is limited.  Of the RBs, I would be much more inclined take Swift or Akers, or trade down if someone really wanted him (or take a WR).

Baltimore is a great team, and every year they seem to own the draft, so they will continue to be a power.  But unless Jackson really cuts back at running, Dobbins is probably never going to match his realize his fantasy football potential.

Tornacl said:
Baltimore is a great team, and every year they seem to own the draft, so they will continue to be a power.  But unless Jackson really cuts back at running, Dobbins is probably never going to match his realize his fantasy football potential.
:thumbup:

Tornacl said:
I guess I'm in the minority, but I really don't like the landing spot for Dobbins.  Pre-draft, I was very high on him, but Baltimore is a bad landing spot both in the short-term and long-term.  While having a mobile QB helps to freeze the LBs and Baltimore is clearly committed to being a run-first team, I can't help but think of D'Angelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart having all of their potential juicy goal line carries turned into Cam Newton TDs.  The problem was that Newton was TOO good at running, so of course he was going to keep it.  I can see the same thing happen with Dobbins.  And in the short term, he's basically the #3 RB behind Ingram and Lamar Jackson.

I think he will be a much better football player than fantasy football player.  I'm afraid if you take him, you're going to be waiting for another year or two for him to be "the guy," only to find out his ceiling is limited.  Of the RBs, I would be much more inclined take Swift or Akers, or trade down if someone really wanted him (or take a WR).

Cam has such a different body type though. And plus,  look at him now?  He is not old for a QB but the injuries are piling up. Baltimore must realize he can't keep running like Cam did unless they want his career to end the same way. 

I think people are not weighing Ingram's age enough.  Already 30 and entering age 31 season.  That is so old for RB. And that wall hits very quickly for RBs. Will he be primary RB when he is 31/32? Maybe but I won't bet on it.  Even if Ingram still has juice this year Dobbins will still have a role.  And if the 31 year old RB gets hurt probably a very big role. 

I've done a handful of bestballs redrafts so far this year, and an FFPC Superflex startup last month, and he was listed as a RB everywhere. I am wondering if they will update this.
Gibson - I saw them change him to a WR and then back to RB now in FFPC. Seems that he is settling in as a RB for classification.

Again, with all the running that Jackson did last year Ingram still had over 1k yards rushing and 15 combined TDs.

Jackson is not a hindrance to RB production in Baltimore.
Not to mention that Edwards got around 130+ touches if I remember correctly. Presumably Dobbins swallows that up immediately and he’s much more talented than Gus, so he could do a lot more with it. Then if Ingram goes year after ....

CEH best fit, Taylor most upside, Dobbins safest. (IMO from a dynasty standpoint)

I am going nuts this year after landing the 1.01 from a pick I traded for last year. On top of it Lamb my predraft number one. If I can’t trade down I may just find a new hobby. 

I have like 3 offers for me to move my 1.04 back. All good offers and exactly what I'm looking for if the guy at 1.03 picks a certain way. I own 1.02. Draft starts Saturday FFPC. I wish there was a polite and appropriate way to ask him whom he is taking. He knows what I want at 1.02.

I have like 3 offers for me to move my 1.04 back. All good offers and exactly what I'm looking for if the guy at 1.03 picks a certain way. I own 1.02. Draft starts Saturday FFPC. I wish there was a polite and appropriate way to ask him whom he is taking. He knows what I want at 1.02.
You can always just wait and see who he takes.  What are the offers?  I am looking to move up into the top 4 in one of my leagues (have 5, 9, 12) and am wondering what it would take.

You can always just wait and see who he takes.  What are the offers?  I am looking to move up into the top 4 in one of my leagues (have 5, 9, 12) and am wondering what it would take.

just ask. it's what I did. I believe half of what I hear and dish out the same bs back but it's fun detective work. I learned how one guy in my league drafts 
We're in a different league together,  too, that is drafting at the same time. He has 1.01, 1.03 and 1.04 in that one and may tip his hat. Still wouldn't mean anything if he wanted to diversify in that spot. 

Right now my best offer I'm sitting on is my 1.04 and 2.03 for 1.07, 2.01 and his future 2nd. Not sure that will do it for me but it's the right neighborhood. 2.03 to 2.01 might actually matter to me too.

CEH best fit, Taylor most upside, Dobbins safest. (IMO from a dynasty standpoint)

I am going nuts this year after landing the 1.01 from a pick I traded for last year. On top of it Lamb my predraft number one. If I can’t trade down I may just find a new hobby. 
Yeah. 

My rough draft, subject to quite a bit of change:

1. Dobbins--Assuming he is a good to decent talent, I think he slides right into a RB8-RB12 PPR status in '21, and maybe '20. By the end of '20, he could be a solid flex, if not RB2. I wouldn't bet on it, but Ingram going to a 1B at age 30 seems very possible to me. Ingram is not a transcendent talent. He's a solid pro. Any decent RB with Lamar should be able to average close to 5 YPC, and chunk plays are common with this offense. 

2. CEH--Over Taylor because of the high floor. I heard a lot when people were over-drafting the other KC RBs that you just want a piece of this offense. I still think that's a good strategy, but if everyone gets over-drafted, it's not worth it. There are a lot of mouths to feed, and he does not have homerun speed. I think he is more dynamic than backs they have, which improves the overall offense, but Kelce, Hill, Mecole, Watkins are all gonna have their looks. A red flag to me is no is talking about his skill as a runner, just what a great fit he is.  I don't think Reid is trying to make his offense LESS predictable by feeding a RB. The main reason I have him above Taylor is I don't trust the Colts QB/offense/management as much as Chiefs.

3. Jonathan Taylor--Behind Helaire because this is 2020, not 1999. If you tell me he's gonna get 5 targets, cool. I'm not sure he does. Behind Dobbins because the next 4 years (the only ones that matter for RB) are cloudy to me. Good offensive line? Great. What's the QB situation? Is this one of the best offenses in the AFC? People have been blowing kisses to Grigson since the Nelson/Leonard draft, but I wonder about the trend of this team. Rivers played terribly last year; if teams can stack the box, and if Taylor isn't getting a lot of targets, I see problems, especially if they aren't in a positive game script. The fact that Taylor has passing game questions.....I mean, top 3 back with passing game questions, that's not good. His profile suggests he could be a freak. Draft capital suggests teams do NOT think he's a generational talent. 

4. D'Andre Swift--Can't be mad at 1.04. Just be the Ravens, and let the draft come to you. All-around back, and this is an easy call to me, because my opinion of Kerryon (not great)+Swift draft capital bodes well for his usage. I was never a Kerryon fan, and I like Swift a lot, so just a matter of time, as far as I'm concerned. Swift might have my favorite style/look of all the backs, in terms of what good fantasy producers look like to me. Good in passing game, big enough for goalline, good wiggle., low to the ground. I don't think he's Chubb type special, but I like his landing spot for touches. Some will disagree because of Kerryon, which is understandable. 

5. Cam Akers--The top 4 guys played behind, I THINK, top 15 rushing O-lines.  Akers played behind one of the worst. What a huge difference that is. They told us all we need to know about Henderson with this pick. Rams had holes to fill, so taking him in the 2nd round says they expect him to impact the team.  Rams love running on the goalline, I don't see as much vulturing as Dobbins, Helaire, and Swift. Love his passing game % at FSU (11% I think), I wish we had a better handle on what direction the Rams are headed. 

6. Anthony McFarland--YEP!  More talented than Vaughn, I'm going talent over situation. I love McFarland's highlights. Love his speed, he looks a lot faster in game than Vaughn to me, and his path to a lot of work is simply a James Connor injury, which is pretty possible. I'm not making a Ronald Jones rookie draft mistake by taking a guy from the same backfield. Waay too many mouths to feed in TB, and I don't know if he will ever be anything more than a committee guy. I'll trade down with a guy who wants Vaughn, and go after McFarland in the early 2nd round.  Everyone thinks Connor is gone after this year, I like his outlook.  

As a Singletary owner this is pretty much word for word how I view Singletary (with probably slightly more potential workhorse upside than moss).

Yeah. 

My rough draft, subject to quite a bit of change:

1. Dobbins--Assuming he is a good to decent talent, I think he slides right into a RB8-RB12 PPR status in '21, and maybe '20. By the end of '20, he could be a solid flex, if not RB2. I wouldn't bet on it, but Ingram going to a 1B at age 30 seems very possible to me. Ingram is not a transcendent talent. He's a solid pro. Any decent RB with Lamar should be able to average close to 5 YPC, and chunk plays are common with this offense. 

2. CEH--Over Taylor because of the high floor. I heard a lot when people were over-drafting the other KC RBs that you just want a piece of this offense. I still think that's a good strategy, but if everyone gets over-drafted, it's not worth it. There are a lot of mouths to feed, and he does not have homerun speed. I think he is more dynamic than backs they have, which improves the overall offense, but Kelce, Hill, Mecole, Watkins are all gonna have their looks. A red flag to me is no is talking about his skill as a runner, just what a great fit he is.  I don't think Reid is trying to make his offense LESS predictable by feeding a RB. The main reason I have him above Taylor is I don't trust the Colts QB/offense/management as much as Chiefs.

3. Jonathan Taylor--Behind Helaire because this is 2020, not 1999. If you tell me he's gonna get 5 targets, cool. I'm not sure he does. Behind Dobbins because the next 4 years (the only ones that matter for RB) are cloudy to me. Good offensive line? Great. What's the QB situation? Is this one of the best offenses in the AFC? People have been blowing kisses to

since the Nelson/Leonard draft, but I wonder about the trend of this team. Rivers played terribly last year; if teams can stack the box, and if Taylor isn't getting a lot of targets, I see problems, especially if they aren't in a positive game script. The fact that Taylor has passing game questions.....I mean, top 3 back with passing game questions, that's not good. His profile suggests he could be a freak. Draft capital suggests teams do NOT think he's a generational talent. 

4. D'Andre Swift--Can't be mad at 1.04. Just be the Ravens, and let the draft come to you. All-around back, and this is an easy call to me, because my opinion of Kerryon (not great)+Swift draft capital bodes well for his usage. I was never a Kerryon fan, and I like Swift a lot, so just a matter of time, as far as I'm concerned. Swift might have my favorite style/look of all the backs, in terms of what good fantasy producers look like to me. Good in passing game, big enough for goalline, good wiggle., low to the ground. I don't think he's Chubb type special, but I like his landing spot for touches. Some will disagree because of Kerryon, which is understandable. 

5. Cam Akers--The top 4 guys played behind, I THINK, top 15 rushing O-lines.  Akers played behind one of the worst. What a huge difference that is. They told us all we need to know about Henderson with this pick. Rams had holes to fill, so taking him in the 2nd round says they expect him to impact the team.  Rams love running on the goalline, I don't see as much vulturing as Dobbins, Helaire, and Swift. Love his passing game % at FSU (11% I think), I wish we had a better handle on what direction the Rams are headed. 

6. Anthony McFarland--YEP!  More talented than Vaughn, I'm going talent over situation. I love McFarland's highlights. Love his speed, he looks a lot faster in game than Vaughn to me, and his path to a lot of work is simply a James Connor injury, which is pretty possible. I'm not making a Ronald Jones rookie draft mistake by taking a guy from the same backfield. Waay too many mouths to feed in TB, and I don't know if he will ever be anything more than a committee guy. I'll trade down with a guy who wants Vaughn, and go after McFarland in the early 2nd round.  Everyone thinks Connor is gone after this year, I like his outlook.  
Yikes!

As a Singletary owner this is pretty much word for word how I view Singletary (with probably slightly more potential workhorse upside than moss).
Agree about that point...I don't own Singletary but I like what I saw from him...the thing I wouldn't like as a Singletary owner is Moss can also catch the ball...I would have preferred sharing the backfield with a RB that was a little more one-dimensional.

Again, with all the running that Jackson did last year Ingram still had over 1k yards rushing and 15 combined TDs.

Jackson is not a hindrance to RB production in Baltimore.
A case could be made that the extra continued drives and red zone appearances help the RB spot in Baltimore.

Starting to go through "tape" on these guys now. Early thoughts on a few names:

CEH - Love it. He's got the classic RB frame with fluid, effortless movement. I'll throw out some comps: Rudi Johnson, Ricky Williams, Josh Jacobs, Mark Ingram. Ricky is the A+ version of this type of back while CEH is probably more of a solid B+. The only thing he really lacks is the turbo gear. Despite that, he broke long runs at a very respectable rate last year in college. Add in the ideal landing spot and the lack of elite RB/WR prospects in this draft, and he's your clear 1.01 rookie pick. In startup drafts you can look at him around the 3rd-4th round range. David Mongtomery could be a cautionary tale, as he was another stocky RB with great feet/agility and "meh" speed, but the main difference is that CEH seems more functionally explosive (and it shows in the stats).

Swift - Is he great? No. He's not an elite prospect. He's a day two talent. There are 3-4 guys with this level of ability in every draft class. He's not going to be Peterson or Lynch with a 10 year reign. Is he good though? Yes. He has a nice frame coupled with above average burst and speed. He's not a truly elastic back when it comes to his east-west cutting ability and bounce, but he has active feet and can change angles when running at high speed. Even if he doesn't always evade, he frequently has defenders playing off-balance. He's like a more juiced Devin Singletary or a smaller Leonard Fournette with a little more wiggle. Not a can't-miss talent, but probably a 1,000 yard guy at some point in the NFL, and could be a decent receiving weapon on top of that. Look for him to push Kerryon hard right out of the gate.

Akers - Always liked him in college, but he's such an odd projection to the NFL because, despite having pro tier athletic traits, he didn't produce at FSU. He always had a low YPC and a low frequency of explosive plays, which is alarming. He has a very smooth running stride and shows a nice ability to plant and redirect his momentum, but the sum of his performance was always less than the total of his athletic parts. Even factoring in the ineptitude of his coaches and supporting cast, he really should've been a better collegiate than he was. The comparisons I'm making are Tre Mason and Devonta Freeman. These are all backs with a quality combination of power, fluidity, and speed, but who lack any one single defining characteristic. If you catch the low end of the range, you're looking at a lifetime committee back. If you catch the high end of the range, you have a decent mid-level starter. I like some of what he does, but he scares me in the top half of a rookie draft. I'd feel much better getting him around the 10-15 range, which may not be possible depending on how the ADP shakes out.

I'm amazed at how much the conversion around Swift has changed and not just because of landing spot.

Just a couple months (and maybe even weeks) ago he was an elite talent. Now he's ho hum and not able to overcome his situation.

People turned on him quickly.

Nice to hear a fresh take on some of these players EBF.

It sounds like you haven't been paying too much attention to things like ADP and other opinions. I encourage you to continue doing that as you watch guys as much as you can.

• Smile
Reactions: EBF
Dr. Octopus said:
He's a WR on MFL
Yeah FFPC has had him as a RB then a WR and now a RB again. I literally took him off my RB board during a draft (I wasn't taking him anyway) and then saw he was drafted as one.

I'm amazed at how much the conversion around Swift has changed and not just because of landing spot.

Just a couple months (and maybe even weeks) ago he was an elite talent. Now he's ho hum and not able to overcome his situation.

I can only speak for myself, but when I looked at him in the summer for devy drafts I didn't see elite, and I don't see elite now.

To me, elite is Adrian Peterson, Ricky Williams, Saquon Barkley, Trent Richardson, etc. Guys who appear to have a nearly flawless skill set and plus traits on top of that.

I'd put Swift more in the general ballpark of people like Addai, Penny, Lacy, Beanie Wells, Henry, Drake, LeVeon, etc. Talented, but with a few flaws you can nitpick.

There's a certain special look that the high first round RBs tend to have, and it's not there with him. It makes sense that he wasn't a top 20 pick.

I still think he has a chance to be a successful pro starter though.

I can only speak for myself, but when I looked at him in the summer for devy drafts I didn't see elite, and I don't see elite now.

To me, elite is Adrian Peterson, Ricky Williams, Saquon Barkley, Trent Richardson, etc. Guys who appear to have a nearly flawless skill set and plus traits on top of that.

I'd put Swift more in the general ballpark of people like Addai, Penny, Lacy, Beanie Wells, Henry, Drake, LeVeon, etc. Talented, but with a few flaws you can nitpick.

There's a certain special look that the high first round RBs tend to have, and it's not there with him. It makes sense that he wasn't a top 20 pick.

I still think he has a chance to be a successful pro starter though.
I actually agree. I admittedly didn't watch him much, but what I did see left me wondering what the big deal was. Couple that with the suspect college production and I'm...eh.

I think there is some herd mentality on this, but I also wonder how many like me there were. I was skeptical and didn't get the 'elite' talk about him, but I also didn't feel strongly enough to fight groupthink about it.

Swift isn't AP or Ricky Williams but he's no Penny or Addai or Beanie Wells. Is one joking?

There's room in between those tiers and not allowing for that is a big mistake in evaluation, I think.

I actually agree. I admittedly didn't watch him much, but what I did see left me wondering what the big deal was. Couple that with the suspect college production and I'm...eh.
My problem is more landing spot, not a lot of top RB production out of that team/OL the last couple decades. And even if KJ gets hurt again, they may just give a bunch of those touches to someone else.

Starting to go through "tape" on these guys now. Early thoughts on a few names:

CEH - Love it. He's got the classic RB frame with fluid, effortless movement. I'll throw out some comps: Rudi Johnson, Ricky Williams, Josh Jacobs, Mark Ingram. Ricky is the A+ version of this type of back while CEH is probably more of a solid B+. The only thing he really lacks is the turbo gear. Despite that, he broke long runs at a very respectable rate last year in college. Add in the ideal landing spot and the lack of elite RB/WR prospects in this draft, and he's your clear 1.01 rookie pick. In startup drafts you can look at him around the 3rd-4th round range. David Mongtomery could be a cautionary tale, as he was another stocky RB with great feet/agility and "meh" speed, but the main difference is that CEH seems more functionally explosive (and it shows in the stats).

Swift - Is he great? No. He's not an elite prospect. He's a day two talent. There are 3-4 guys with this level of ability in every draft class. He's not going to be Peterson or Lynch with a 10 year reign. Is he good though? Yes. He has a nice frame coupled with above average burst and speed. He's not a truly elastic back when it comes to his east-west cutting ability and bounce, but he has active feet and can change angles when running at high speed. Even if he doesn't always evade, he frequently has defenders playing off-balance. He's like a more juiced Devin Singletary or a smaller Leonard Fournette with a little more wiggle. Not a can't-miss talent, but probably a 1,000 yard guy at some point in the NFL, and could be a decent receiving weapon on top of that. Look for him to push Kerryon hard right out of the gate.

Akers - Always liked him in college, but he's such an odd projection to the NFL because, despite having pro tier athletic traits, he didn't produce at FSU. He always had a low YPC and a low frequency of explosive plays, which is alarming. He has a very smooth running stride and shows a nice ability to plant and redirect his momentum, but the sum of his performance was always less than the total of his athletic parts. Even factoring in the ineptitude of his coaches and supporting cast, he really should've been a better collegiate than he was. The comparisons I'm making are Tre Mason and Devonta Freeman. These are all backs with a quality combination of power, fluidity, and speed, but who lack any one single defining characteristic. If you catch the low end of the range, you're looking at a lifetime committee back. If you catch the high end of the range, you have a decent mid-level starter. I like some of what he does, but he scares me in the top half of a rookie draft. I'd feel much better getting him around the 10-15 range, which may not be possible depending on how the ADP shakes out.
Looking forward to your thoughts on Dobbins and Taylor. 

So, after the top 5, we have these...

2 62 Green Bay Packers A. J. Dillon RB Boston College
3 66 Washington Redskins Antonio Gibson RB Memphis
3 76 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ke'Shawn Vaughn RB Vanderbilt
3 86 Buffalo Bills Zack Moss RB Utah
3 93 Tennessee Titans Darrynton Evans RB Appalachian State
4 112 Los Angeles Chargers Joshua Kelley RB UCLA
4 120 New York Jets La'Mical Perine RB Florida
4 124 Pittsburgh Steelers Anthony McFarland Jr. RB Maryland
4* 144 Seattle Seahawks DeeJay Dallas RB Miami (FL)
5 172 Detroit Lions Jason Huntley RB New Mexico State
7 222 Arizona Cardinals Eno Benjamin RB Arizona State
7 245 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond Calais RB Louisiana
7 246 Miami Dolphins Malcolm Perry RB Navy

What are their tiers? 

McFarland

Vaughn (because of drafting team)

Dillon (because he's behind Aaron Jones, otherwise like him better than Vaughn)
Moss (looks slow)
Evans (behind Henry, like him 2nd best of entire group)
Gibson (I like him more than the other three, but I don't know what position they're having him play, even)

Kelley
Dallas
Perine

Benjamin

Haven't even seen the rest - won't pretend

I just think if Swift was drafted a couple spots higher and went to KC, everyone would be drooling over him and how great a prospect he was and how he’s gonna rule the NFL.  
He was falling in fantasy scouting circles for some reason before the draft. But he would have clearly been the 1.01 if the lips of Goodell hadn't turned into a cluster at the top with the words "Edwards-Helaire" instead of "Swift."

I just think if Swift was drafted a couple spots higher and went to KC, everyone would be drooling over him and how great a prospect he was and how he’s gonna rule the NFL.  
Very possible but team is big factor. Look at difference of Le’Veon Bell in Pitt vs the Jets for example

daveR said:
So, after the top 5, we have these...

2 62 Green Bay Packers A. J. Dillon RB Boston College
3 66 Washington Redskins Antonio Gibson RB Memphis
3 76 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ke'Shawn Vaughn RB Vanderbilt
3 86 Buffalo Bills Zack Moss RB Utah
3 93 Tennessee Titans Darrynton Evans RB Appalachian State
4 112 Los Angeles Chargers Joshua Kelley RB UCLA
4 120 New York Jets La'Mical Perine RB Florida
4 124 Pittsburgh Steelers Anthony McFarland Jr. RB Maryland
4* 144 Seattle Seahawks DeeJay Dallas RB Miami (FL)
5 172 Detroit Lions Jason Huntley RB New Mexico State
7 222 Arizona Cardinals Eno Benjamin RB Arizona State
7 245 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond Calais RB Louisiana
7 246 Miami Dolphins Malcolm Perry RB Navy

What are their tiers? 
Dillon/Vaughn

Gibson/Bowden

McFarland/Moss/Evans

Kelley/Eno/Dallas/Perine

Vaughn/McFarland 

Moss/Kelley/

Dillon/Evans/Gibson

the rest. 

I think Kelley is being underrated, Gordon has vacated around 200 touches for the Chargers and I can’t imagine they’d want to burden Ekeler anymore. Kelley is a very good size and a real rugged runner with decent speed who most likely walks into some immediate action. 

Evans I almost like best of all as an RB, but situation brings him down a little short term. 

Vaughn/McFarland 

Moss/Kelley/

Dillon/Evans/Gibson

the rest. 

I think Kelley is being underrated here, Gordon has vacated around 200 touches for the Chargers and I can’t imagine they’d want to burden Ekeler anymore. Kelley is a very good size and a real rugged runner with decent speed who most likely walks into some immediate action. 

Evans I almost like best of all as an RB, but situation brings him down a little short term. 
I like Kelley too, but you can't forget about Jackson.  Kelley will compete with him for touches as well and he has looked pretty good with his chances.  

Users who are viewing this thread