What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (5 Viewers)

I haven't been commenting but your rap picks have been precise.  Just one old school gem after another. 
Thanks, man. I'm actually trying to bring albums I still genuinely love on the island, so there are some consensus picks and emcees missing so far. I'm not sure how much that'll change. But for those wondering, they're on my mind, this is just a preference thing. This could be the story of my hip hop life by the time we hit thirty. Christmas. 

I drafted this in one of our recent drafts. I love this guy. The band Calexico joins him on this album. They also joined him on a proper album of his which is a favorite.

Round 11 

Live from the Artists Den - Amos Lee (2013)

Seven Spanish Angels

Violin
Oh, good one!  And shockingly not on my radar.  I had this running joke for several years in Chicago that I was just not meant to see Amos Lee.  He was the opener for a bunch of shows that for one reason or another I missed (including a show with Bob Dylan and another guy you might draft), or missed his performance, or he didn't show.  Then finally Amos and I both made it to a show at the same time, and it was terrific.

Yeah I looked at the first round and that #### is too hard. I’ll take all of them. 
Yeah, even the ones that aren't high on my list (Pink Floyd, Boz Scaggs) are ones I'd be interested in listening to and learning more about.  

Speaking of learning more about, I have the mix on again.  I don't like the idea of criticizing other people's picks, but I like calling out ones I am happy to hear for the first time or getting a nice relisten of.  Right now, "I Can Change" by LCD Soundsytem is on, and I'm loving it!  I had another of theirs come up earlier that I didn't enjoy as much, so it's great to have another chance at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
He opened for Bob Dylan maybe 10 years ago, he was so good. 
I was at this show in Chicago!  (There was another guy in between them, but he hasn't been drafted yet.)  Would have been slightly more than 10 years ago as I moved from Chicago in 2009, but it was right around then.

Yeah, even the ones that aren't high on my list (Pink Floyd, Boz Scaggs) are ones I'd be interested in listening to and learning more about.  My #6 is Funeral and I'd really love to have that one; maybe I should throw back Revolver.

Speaking of learning more about, I have the mix on again.  I don't like the idea of criticizing other people's picks, but I like calling out ones I am happy to hear for the first time or getting a nice relisten of.  Right now, "I Can Change" by LCD Soundsytem is on, and I'm loving it!  I had another of theirs come up earlier that I didn't enjoy as much, so it's great to have another change at them.
We are all too nice to to do "Hell Island" (5 albums that would be torture), right?

:devil:

I was at this show in Chicago!  (There was another guy in between them, but he hasn't been drafted yet.)  Would have been slightly more than 10 years ago as I moved from Chicago in 2009, but it was right around then.
Yeah, that was a rough estimate but now that I think about it, my wife and I weren't even engaged yet. Good show though, Bob was feeling it for the night in Detroit I saw him. I am bummed though because I saw him on a Friday and apparently at the Saturday show Jack White was there and he got on stage and they jammed for the encore :(

Round 11) Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese (1991)
Oh boy. I wore this album back in the winter of '91 on my way to various hockey tournaments. I'll never forget the snow covered roads as we traveled to a KUA tourney in New Hampshire, I think. Everything was pristine, crystal clear, and Primus was in the walkman. Love this album for that memory.

I'd really like to have a drink, but I get my blood drawn again Friday for potassium check. Would it really matter that much just having a drink right now?

Round 11) Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese (1991)
Oh boy. I wore this album back in the winter of '91 on my way to various hockey tournaments. I'll never forget the snow covered roads as we traveled to a KUA tourney in New Hampshire, I think. Everything was pristine, crystal clear, and Primus was in the walkman. Love this album for that memory.
I was going to listen to a bunch of Primus in advance of Bonnaroo this summer, no need now :(

"Kick Out the Jams" was a good song!  Had no idea.

"Wandering Star" by Portishead was amazing.  If I didn't have such a huge bias against female singers, Portishead would surely be a favorite band of mine.

I feel like this "Band on the Run" guy might have a future.  Anyone who know this is?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd really like to have a drink, but I get my blood drawn again Friday for potassium check. Would it really matter that much just having a drink right now?
I'm having 1 (or 3) for you. 

:banned:

Users who are viewing this thread