What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (5 Viewers)

Mr R got the kreplach soup.  I had the fried kreplach.  I always feel like a Klingon when I order it.

I think it was Ziggy who took my order (over the phone).  He called me "My Dear".

The coconut macaroons are great, too.  We got some.

The menu also mentions a "henway".  You should ask your waiter for details.
that place looks heavenly

Just too much from which to choose - it all sounds fantastic

the prices are quite a bit steeper than I'm used to, but would still happily pay it

Does the spreadsheet look OK for everyone?  For some reason, now I can only see one pick - my seventh rounder.  :(  

ETA:  And now it's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben Folds Five/Philosophy - guy is solid and this is a fun song

INXS/What You Need - rockin' ...great bass line

Ramones/Teenage Lobotomy - how can you not like the Ramones? rock distilled ...

Wings/Band On The Run - man, spent many hours with this record as a teen, was really hoping to land it ...KRISTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahavishnu Orchestra/You Know You Know - just a fantastic mellow listen

Tom Petty/Runnin' Down A Dream - YEAHHH ...one of my favorites of his

Lynyrd Skynyrd/Give Me Three Steps Live - listened to these guys pretty solidly for most of my later high school years, great party music

Arcade Fire/Intervention - meh

To whoever picked that Idle Race I never heard of and asked if any of us liked them; an hour ago my answer was an ignorant no. But Pie in the Sky is a great addition to the playlist. They need exploring. All the likes.

I really can't believe this one is still available, as I considered taking it about six rounds ago.

15.35 Regatta de Blanc – The Police (1979)

I was a huge Police fan starting in the mid-80s or so. I haven't listened to them much over the past decade, but this remains my favorite album, or close to tied for it with ____________.

Not a ton to say here, other than I would say the sound of this record was pretty ahead of its time for something that came out in 1979. 

Another album where choosing songs is tough.

Bed's too big without you
Cold wind blows right through that open door
I can't sleep with your memory
Dreaming dreams of what used to be

Songs:

Bring on the Night

The Bed's Too Big Without You

Imagine - Chris Cornell. Didnt follow the scene closely enough, but am starting to wonder if Cornell should have been rescued into a whole different music realm after Soundgarden. It's probably 20/20 hindsight but he shonuff seemed to be reaching for sumn. 8.8
He was legit amazing on his own.  He just had it.  So sad he left us

Man I posted before and forgot Bonzai. Right now, there's three in the chamber. Doc Oc, MAC_32, and Bonzai.

I'm all ready to go when the time comes though I have no idea how late I'll be up.

Did they fight all the time like on this mess?  Are they still alive?
I don't remember. I don't think so. I don't know if they're still alive. I think they are. The WHA was a competitor to the NHL. It wasn't a minor league. It did well enough that it got 4-6 teams absorbed into the NHL as they'd proved their market worthiness. So it wasn't as podunk as the team on Slap Shot. Slap Shot is considered a classic sports movie. 

"Your wife"

"What?"

"Your wife's a ----!"

"I know. I know!"

I don't remember. I don't think so. I don't know if they're still alive. I think they are. The WHA was a competitor to the NHL. It wasn't a minor league. It did well enough that it got 4-6 teams absorbed into the NHL as they'd proved their market worthiness. So it wasn't as podunk as the team on Slap Shot. Slap Shot is considered a classic sports movie. 

"Your wife"

"What?"

"Your wife's a dyke!"

"I know. I know!"
https://history.vintagemnhockey.com/page/show/810797-carlson-brothers-

I was expecting the language filter on that. I hope I don't get popped for that. Edited upthread. 

Users who are viewing this thread