What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (7 Viewers)

19.07 Remember the Titans Soundtrack

Year 2000

The earlier spotlighting freaked me out a bit on this one.  Ima grab it now.  Probably my favorite soundtrack of them all..

Songs are

Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marv and T

Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) - Hollies

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing with the trend of going after my second favorite album from my favorite groups, I will take the following:

19.19 - Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles (1999)

For my song choices, I’m going to leave out the popular hits Testify, Guerrilla Radio, and Sleep Now in the Fire, and go with two of my favorite “other” songs from this album:

Mic Check

Calm Like a Bomb

Continuing with the trend of going after my second favorite album from my favorite groups, I will take the following:

19.19 - Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles (1999)

For my song choices, I’m going to leave out the popular hits Testify, Guerrilla Radio, and Sleep Now in the Fire, and go with two of my favorite “other” songs from this album:

Mic Check

Calm Like a Bomb
Not happy to see this go.

19.16  Badly Drawn Boy - The Hour of Bewilderbeast (2000)

Not sure this was on anyone's radar but Abrantes mentioned him up thread this morning.  I've planned on having this one on my island all along.  This one came out of left field for me that year and it's still one of my favorites this century.  

His subsequent albums haven't been as consistently good (save for a pretty damn solid sound track).  They all have some brilliant songs, though.

I saw him play on this tour twice, both 3+ hour shows.  Super interesting dude to hear perform and banter.

He released a new album last month, his first in 8 years.  It's getting great reviews so far.  I'll have to give it a listen but I doubt it will supplant this one in my ranks.

The Shining

Once Around the Block

played this one a ton in 2006 and still enjoy it, it makes the trip with me to the Island...

RD19 - Snow Patrol - Eyes Open - 2006

• chasing cars
  • hands open
I love this record, too.  It's one I thought might not age well, but it's aging fine for me so far.  :)  

Typing these into the spreadsheet alerts me to some really fun album titles, like this one.

ETA:  Kudos to these two for including the year!

Bonus Track!

Clapton and King Curtis play Teasin'  Its on one of the DeLuxe editions of one of his (not spoiling ) early albums, but is nowhere on YouTube, Spotify, etc. Probably some copyright thing. Really makes me want to buy the CD. But I did find it in an old radio interview.

As promised, I'm taking a chick!  But again just mining my 1998 tracks.  Did see her play in Boston ages ago and will attest to her brilliance live as well.

15.25 - Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road (1998)

She gonna rock your face off more than most of that testosterone-induced stuff you took.

ETA:  Also!  Steve Earle!  Emmylou Harris!

Can't Let Go

Joy

Non-mix bonus tracks:

Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

I Lost It
####, I snoozed and lost.  Lots of great albums to select from, and I still might, but this is her signature.

I do apologize for zoning out here - this weekend included my first weekday day off since Christmas week, and I spent most of my time just kinda off-the-grid, gardening, fixing a bunch of stuff around the house, playing video games, grilling and baking with as little internet time as possible.  Will start making catch-up picks tonight.

ROUND 19

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - EVIL EMPIRE

(1996)

Gonna have to grab this one now and I would be happy with any of the 3.  

Down Rodeo

Without a Face

Without is a top 5 Rage song for me.  I need to finish that countdown, but feel free to look at that thread for more info.
Dammit.  I knew this would go as soon as the other one did.  I got too cute last round.  Grr.

I do apologize for zoning out here - this weekend included my first weekday day off since Christmas week, and I spent most of my time just kinda off-the-grid, gardening, fixing a bunch of stuff around the house, playing video games, grilling and baking with as little internet time as possible.  Will start making catch-up picks tonight.
Sounds like a perfectly lovely weekend.  :)   Lay down any mulch?

My summer project, which I'll quickly forget all about, is to create a alternative playlist using two songs from the selected albums that are not on the master playlist.

19.?? Heartless Bastards - Restless Ones

Tracklist:

1.    "Wind Up Bird"    
2.    "Gates of Dawn"    
3.    "Black Cloud"
4.    "Hi-Line" 
5.    "Journey"    
6.    "Pocket Full of Thirst"    
7.    "Into the Light"    
8.    "The Fool"
9.    "Eastern Wind"    
10.    "Tristessa"
Damn my musical lazy susan for not putting this on my short list about 10 rounds earlier. ... or am I thinking of another album?

I was on call for Memorial Day weekend so no imbibing.

With my COVID19 abbreviated clinic schedule, I now have Tuesday afternoons and all of Wednesday off. So I'm already 1 gin in.  

Anyone joining me?  
I wouldn't mind having a drink, but I don't know if it will make things worse. I will admit I took a valium about an hour ago. I know I sound like a pill factory talking about xanax and now valium, but they were prescribed for insomnia over the years, and I don't take them often. My dr (former dr) trust me, and I have never given him a reason not to. I hoard them more than take them, but they are coming in handy now with all this anxiety I feel. These valium are from 2014. What I like about those is they also have a muscle relaxant in them, but what I don't like about them is they stay in your system longer, and can make me tired in the morning.  My lower left side of my back and knees ache a little so I figured I'd take one of those. Plus there is the high anxiety factor right now.  I keep those pharmaceuticals in my yellow submarine lunchbox. 

Not sure this was on anyone's radar but Abrantes mentioned him up thread this morning.  I've planned on having this one on my island all along.  This one came out of left field for me that year and it's still one of my favorites this century.  

His subsequent albums haven't been as consistently good (save for a pretty damn solid sound track).  They all have some brilliant songs, though.

I saw him play on this tour twice, both 3+ hour shows.  Super interesting dude to hear perform and banter.

He released a new album last month, his first in 8 years.  It's getting great reviews so far.  I'll have to give it a listen but I doubt it will supplant this one in my ranks.

The Shining

Once Around the Block
Oh ####, I didn't know. Another one for the list.

I was super into this one at the time, and still dig it. Got that soundtrack, and it's got some real standouts. Dude's a really unique voice. Think you nailed the song choices, but it's a great record all in all. Love "Camping Next to Water", "Disillusion" and "Pissing in the Wind" too.

I'm not sure what to pick next since there are so many I like and I want. I do feel some fiddles coming on.

This is troubling me.  Two Traffic albums have been drafted, neither of which is their best.  I'll rectify the album selection problem, but my stone-cold favorite Traffic song sits still and lonely in the Green Room.

18.04: Traffic, by Traffic 1968

This album drips with greatness and it's hard to pick just two songs (my common refrain).  I would not have batted an eye were this drafted in round three.

Feelin' Alright ... obligatory

Medicated Goo

Users who are viewing this thread