What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (6 Viewers)

Round 19.38 - 8 Mile - OST (2002)

Lose Yourself - Eminem

Rabbit Run - Eminem

Round - 20.03 - N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton (1988)

Express Yourself

8 Ball

Two more landmarks for the island. 8 Mile hit large in the early aughts, Straight Outta was around

How'd these last so long? Oh yeah. I'm the only guy taking rap.
I was honestly thinking of taking that N.W.A. just because it was ridiculous it was still out there.

Round 19.38 - 8 Mile - OST (2002)

Lose Yourself - Eminem

Rabbit Run - Eminem

Round - 20.03 - N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton (1988)

Express Yourself

8 Ball

Two more landmarks for the island. 8 Mile hit large in the early aughts, Straight Outta was around

How'd these last so long? Oh yeah. I'm the only guy taking rap.
It's the cussing.  I can't take these because of the playlist.  I would have taken this LONG ago if so.  Others too.  Great pick.

I was honestly thinking of taking that N.W.A. just because it was ridiculous it was still out there.
I was sort of deferring to other people lest my island become a greatest hits island and not a personalized one. I figure with this many rounds I can split the difference. I don't have that many more to draft, anyway. 

Put me on auto skip for a couple of days. I know this sounds wimpy and self pity. But I had planted an oak tree in Pre-K after a brief scare that put me in the hospital. My neighbors had it removed without any consultation yesterday. I am just bummed. Sorry.
I'd be fit to be tied. What is wrong with people? I'm sorry that happened.

now we are cooking with gas, two picks in the same day!  Still a fave of mine... need some Amy and Emily harmonies on the Island...

Rd 21 - Indigo Girls - Indigo Girls - 1989

• Closer to Fine
  • Prince of Darkness
The last two rounds I have almost taken this. It's a great album.

Lots of great R.E.M. taken already, but I'm reasonably happy to get this one.

21.25 - R.E.M. - Document (1987)

Finest Worksong

It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Do I win a longest song title award?
I was hoping to grab this one later.  An underrated album from them but one of my favorites.
One of my favorites, and I went ahead and took now because you never know who else might also think it's underrated!

Got sniped on a few I wanted and have 2 of my top 10 albums available but not taking them here. Since I don't have my fav band (Beatles) I need this from my 2nd fav

Iron Maiden- live after death

Hallowed be thy name already taken so

Revelations

Powerslave
Krista's gonna get you on the years.

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - The Crow

1.    "Burn"    The Cure    6:39
2.    "Golgotha Tenement Blues"    Machines of Loving Grace    4:01
3.    "Big Empty"    Stone Temple Pilots    4:56
4.    "Dead Souls" (Joy Division cover)    Nine Inch Nails    4:52
5.    "Darkness" (Also known as "Darkness Of Greed")    Rage Against the Machine    3:42
6.    "Color Me Once"    Violent Femmes    4:10
7.    "Ghostrider" (Suicide cover)    Rollins Band    5:46
8.    "Milktoast" (Also known as "Milquetoast")    Helmet    3:59
9.    "The Badge" (Poison Idea cover)    Pantera    3:54
10.    "Slip Slide Melting"    For Love Not Lisa    5:48
11.    "After the Flesh"    My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult    3:00
12.    "Snakedriver"    The Jesus and Mary Chain    3:43
13.    "Time Baby III"    Medicine    3:52
14.    "It Can't Rain All the Time"    Jane Siberry    5:31

Get a nice little collection of voices here I otherwise wouldn't have, on the best all-original rock soundtrack ever made

1994!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got sniped on a few I wanted and have 2 of my top 10 albums available but not taking them here. Since I don't have my fav band (Beatles) I need this from my 2nd fav

Revelations

Powerslave
Welcome, new guy!

Post a damn year with your albums, plz.

@rcam back ITC.  Getting cozy in there.

Round 20: Allman Brothers - Live at Ludlow Garage: 1970

From wiki: Live at Ludlow Garage: 1970 is an album by the Allman Brothers Band. It was recorded live at Ludlow Garage in Cincinnati in April 11, 1970. It was released by Polydor Records on April 20, 1990.  

While this album is pretty raw and unrefined, I kind of like it that way, and I definitely need some ABB on my island.  I'll save the spotify listeners from the 44 minute version of Mountain Jam.

Tracklist:

1. Dreams
2. Statesboro Blues
3. Trouble No More
4. Dimples
5. Every Hungry Woman
6. I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town
7. Hoochie Coochie Man
8. Mountain Jam

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally cannot keep up.  :lmao:   Jesus.  Everybody just post all your picks for the next 40 rounds.  I don't care anymore.

(OK, back to caring.)

Revelations

Powerslave
wow  :D  ...quite the dichotomy. 

I couldn't get my favorite band ...The Butthole Surfers ...so I guess I'll have to go with 2nd favorite, "The Carpenters"

Put me on auto skip for a couple of days. I know this sounds wimpy and self pity. But I had planted an oak tree in Pre-K after a brief scare that put me in the hospital. It really got me into environmental science and climate change.My neighbors had it removed without any consultation yesterday. I am just bummed. Sorry.
That sucks wazoo.

I'm in a ####ty mood today too. First day back to work and it's ####### mayhem out there. The local Walmart was a gongshow. No masks anywhere. If we're going to just say #### it and open everything back up, do that then, I guess. At least then I could go get a beer with my friends at the pub. 

LCD Soundsystem - American Dream

(2017)

will update with songs and write up in a bit
Had to get James Murphy on the island. And it's probably a minority opinion, but depending on the day this might be my fav of the lot. Maybe. I don't know. It's not the groundbreaking drop of self titled or SOS. And it doesn't have some of the charisma and charm of cuts like Pow Pow, but it's basically a sublime aggregate of 80sish-ish sounds and nods mixed with electro-whatever and Murphy's usual dry wit and self consciousnesses that hits the right spot for me. The guitar sound in Change Yr Mind that I'm pretty sure I've heard before but I can't place it is summed up by Murphy's quote, "Borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered eighties." The build up and drop in Murphy's almost-10 minute long diss track How Do you Sleep (Tempted to put this epic on the playlist but I will hold off since it's got an ancestor in Dance Yrslf Clean on it) sucked me in and then the rest of the album kept me there.

It's been out long enough to breath and fully digest, and it's still the one I put on rotation more than the rest. At least for now. Snagging it in round 21 is nice.

Change Yr Mind

Other Voices (Nancy Whang getting in on the vocals)

Users who are viewing this thread