Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program

20 minutes ago, Chaos Commish said:

My Morning Jacket - Okonokos 2006

I was eying this. For whatever reason I’m not wanting to take live albums though. 

Everyone probably knows this but this is one of the best live bands out there and this collection is spotless

Edited by Nigel Tufnel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Hey my protestchat earlier was my way of saying it looks like I'll be around today instead of being teargassed.  I can catch up the sheet while you wake up!  @Binky The Doormat

Well, I was in the midst of doing this when someone started ####### with the sheet.  Sorting by drafter, I think.  Whoever is doing it, please revert to where we were so that I can continue

9 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Well, I was in the midst of doing this when someone started ####### with the sheet.  Sorting by drafter, I think.  Whoever is doing it, please revert to where we were so that I can continue

ok ...sorry, that was me - searching for the last pick nigel made

reaction

Edited by Binky The Doormat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:
3 minutes ago, krista4 said:

ok ...sorry, that was me - searching for the last pick nigel made

Mom & dad, please stop fighting.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chaos Commish said:

Donny was mentally ill. Heard voices. Jumped off a 15th floor hotel balcony not long after this tour. Aretha's best friend, Quincy's partner in the studio. Some think as talented as both on either side of the glass. His career arc was as steep as Marvin's in 71. This is easily one of the best recordings of live soul music. Terrible exercise choosing tracks. I chose short ones. 

Donny Hathaway Live 1972

Little Ghetto Boy
Jealous Guy 

So good, on finishing this recording, i just let spotify roll through his studio recordings for a few hours as I drifted away in a hammock overlooking the lake. Asocial vacations rule. I hope my links are working. Usually I am on pc with two monitors and too many tabs. Chromebook here. 

might have sumn to do w why he's was Amy Winehouse's favorite singer

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, krista4 said:

@Mrs. Rannous, as I was filling in picks, I noticed your 24th rounder is not on the spreadsheet.  I don't know if it was posted and missed by the staff, or if you missed a pick.  Could you please advise?

I did a search and found her 24th pick - the Cars ...Candy-O '79

it's now on the sheet.  :hifive:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

R27

Rusty Wier / Don't It Make You Want to Dance?

Aqua Dulce

I Heard You Been Layin' My Old Lady

Hmmm, you weren't actually up in the 27th yet, but I'll fill this in and anyone ahead of you who wanted it can steal.  I doubt anyone would be a jerk like that, though.

People ITC now are @Mrs. Rannous (15 minutes), @rcam, and @Hov34 (10 minutes).  @Mr. Ected is behind in picks, so I'm skipping his time ITC.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Chaos Commish said:

Donny was mentally ill. Heard voices. Jumped off a 15th floor hotel balcony not long after this tour. Aretha's best friend, Quincy's partner in the studio. Some think as talented as both on either side of the glass. His career arc was as steep as Marvin's in 71. This is easily one of the best recordings of live soul music. Terrible exercise choosing tracks. I chose short ones. 

Donny Hathaway Live 1972

Little Ghetto Boy
Jealous Guy 

So good, on finishing this recording, i just let spotify roll through his studio recordings for a few hours as I drifted away in a hammock overlooking the lake. Asocial vacations rule. I hope my links are working. Usually I am on pc with two monitors and too many tabs. Chromebook here. 

The Ghetto on the album is worth its 12+ minute run. When you mentioned Aretha, did you mean Roberta Flack? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Hmmm, you weren't actually up in the 27th yet, but I'll fill this in and anyone ahead of you who wanted it can steal.  I doubt anyone would be a jerk like that, though.

People ITC now are @Mrs. Rannous (15 minutes), @rcam, and @Hov34 (10 minutes).  @Mr. Ected is behind in picks, so I'm skipping his time ITC.

Mrs. R and Hov skipped after timers run out.  Into the chamber go @Ilov80s and @Dr. Octopus

4 minutes ago, simey said:

The Ghetto on the album is worth its 12+ minute run. When you mentioned Aretha, did you mean Roberta Flack? 

Agree on The Ghetto. Honestly thought it was Aretha, but you are probably right. Whichever one went to college with him. I am winging it here. 

Hat tip to @Binky The Doormat on this one. I’d been staring at various Josh Homme projects on my to listen to list all week and the Songs For The Deaf trigger finally motivated me to start spinning. I think his projects have a tendency to fall into the same trap as Foo Fighters – would make for a phenomenal greatest hits but too much filler to have any one that stands out. But this one doesn’t have any. This will get you to Boots Electric beginning-to-end.

Round 27 - Eagles of Death Metal, Death By Sexy (2005)

I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)
Don't Speak (I Came To Make A Bang!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Hat tip to @Binky The Doormat on this one. I’d been staring at various Josh Homme projects on my to listen to list all week and the Songs For The Deaf trigger finally motivated me to start spinning. I think his projects have a tendency to fall into the same trap as Foo Fighters – would make for a phenomenal greatest hits but too much filler to have any one that stands out. But this one doesn’t have any. This will get you to Boots Electric beginning-to-end.

Round 27 - Eagles of Death Metal, Death By Sexy (2005)

I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)
Don't Speak (I Came To Make A Bang!)

jammin' :wub:

I guess Eephus abandoned compilations cuz y'all were leaving too much on the table. I may do the same after 30 if a couple don't fall, but lawdy "live" is a deep deep pool. I am trying to avoid more like the Springsteen 75-85, but no promises.

Celt Punk with an ozzie accent and acoustified for these live recordings. Maybe a violation of the gimmick, but dig it too much. 

The Rumjacks - Live in London 2019

Bar the Door Casey
Cold London Rain

Celt Punk with an authentic drunken Irish accent

The Pogues, Streams of Whiskey - Live in Leysin 1991

The Boys from the County Hell
The Body of an American (The Wire brought me here)

Probably my favorite punk band (including solo Mike), most of the time anyway. Sure sound "right" here. 

Social Distortion Live at the Roxy 1998

Bad Luck

• Like 4

2 hours ago, krista4 said:

Yes, this is a good point, too.  This is supposed to be “peaceful,” but I suppose most of them start that way.

They haven't been too peaceful the last couple days/nights. You're safer not going, and not just because of potential violence, but not all are wearing mask or practicing safe distances.

Round 27.38 – Vince Staples – Summertime ’06 (2015)

In an album that is engrossing from the jump, Vince Staples paints a bleak picture of West Coast life while rapping over minimalist electronic funk and percussive beats. This is real trap, as far as I’m concerned. Signing to Def Jam lends him an air of importance – every Def Jam full-length LP is an event – and Staples takes it and runs with the rap AOTY (yes, that includes [redacted] from that year). Clocking in at an hour with little filler, it’s a document of an emcee at the utter top of his game.

Jump Off The Roof

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2

Two for recurring specific moods. 

The 68 comeback tv special is my favorite Elvis to watch. Coolest man ever there. But for a DI, this is bigger and better.

Elvis Presley Live 1969 

Baby What You Want Me To Do
Funny How Time Slip Away  

Pantages show (sounds great to me) ends with Ventura Hwy, Sister Golden Hair, Horse With No Name. A couple deeperish tracks are easy to feature.

America Live 1977

Old Man Took
Company

Edited by Chaos Commish
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Binky, I haven't made my second pick yet. I think it goes simey, cos, cos, simey, me again

sorry ...yes!  I just scanned and we have left the yellow skip block on there from before

@Bonzai ...fyi

@rockaction is ITC

Edited by Binky The Doormat

Bah.. ####ty Friday afternoon. My last living grandparent is in the hospital. Even if she pulls through the doctors say she isn't going home again. She's 91 so it isn't like she was cheated or anything... but still sucks. Then, I take my 12 year old golden retriever to the vet because he has obviously not been feeling well. Cancer. So, he is on the "last meal" diet of whatever the #### he wants - he earned it - until that last fateful vet visit. Before I even get to inform my wife and son about our dog my mom calls. She went to the ER. Apparently, she had some strange reaction to a bee sting. Leg swelled up, very painful, couldn't walk. She's on crutches and antibiotics now but is having balance issues and has tumbled a few times...don't know what the hell to make of that. The doctors asked if she has had MERSA before... not sure where that line of questioning leads but it definitely doesn't sound good. Here's to a better weekend.

Unfortunately, only a 4 song EP:

Round 27) Drugstore Heaven - Houses or Dawn Golden & Houses (no idea how Spotify lists it) (2018)

Fast Talk

Left Alone

• Sad 10

@rockaction ...we missed your 26th rd pick ...or was that last pick (Vince Staples) the rd 26 pick?  I did a quick search but couldn't find anything else

23.37  rockaction-Nas-God's Son

24.3   rockaction-Outkast-Stankonia

2538  rockaction-M.I.A.-Kala

26.3   rockaction-skip 5/27-

2738  rockaction-Vince Staples-Summertime '06

28.3  rockaction-ITC-

1 minute ago, Binky The Doormat said:

@rockaction ...we missed your 26th rd pick ...or was that last pick (Vince Staples) the rd 26 pick?  I did a quick search but couldn't find anything else

23.37  rockaction-Nas-God's Son

24.3   rockaction-Outkast-Stankonia

2538  rockaction-M.I.A.-Kala

26.3   rockaction-skip 5/27-

2738  rockaction-Vince Staples-Summertime '06

28.3  rockaction-ITC-

It was Busta Rhymes - E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front - 1998

• Thanks 1

Round 28.03 - Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030 - 2000

In the dystopian future of 3030, Deltron (Del The Funky Homosapien Dan The Automater, Kid Koala) form to create a story that casts Del in the role of Deltron Zero, a disillusioned mech soldier and interplanetary computer prodigy rebelling against a 31st-century New World Order. In a world where evil oligarchs suppress both human rights and hip-hop, Del fights rap battles against a series of foes, becoming Galactic Rhyme Federation Champion. So it is.

It's also a darn fine piece of trip hop, excelling at everything, likely even causing Gorillaz to form in Damon Albarn's mind.

Madness

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1