What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (4 Viewers)

Also, sorry to do this, but my internet has been complete #### the last few days, and instead of trying another night of spotify having to be reopened several times and not having good enough service to search half the time, I pulled the trigger and made the playlist collaborative.  SO - my suggestion is:

1.  When you pick going forward (from last night onward) put your songs into the Spotify playlist.  Looks like there are 28 followers on the list, so at least 3/4 should be able to do this.  

2.  If you aren't on the service - cool.  Let us know and we will get your picks loaded up.   

If there is another way, I am all ears.  I am willing to do some, it's just that last night took 2hours b/c of the internet and computer, and there is no end in site for either.   Sorry again....

I had an uncomfortable encounter with a guy out at the colony about 20 minutes ago. He stopped near the dumpster, and walked over to me (I was cutting a few vines before it was too dark). He was making small talk about the cats, which isn't usual for some people to do. Unfortunately, the cats are visible to anyone that drives beside the dumpster. A lot of people know they are there. Anyway, the guy kept stepping forward, and I kept taking steps back. I was about halfway down the gravel road. I pretended to call out to one of the guys that works at Owensby's, but he really wasn't there. I carry pepper gel with me that can shoot up to 18 to 20 feet. I just wonder at what point would I use it. I don't want to spray some harmless guy in the face, but he didn't need to keep getting closer to me when I could hear him just fine at his original distance. Anyway, I went over a cat bridge, and told him to have a nice night, and that i was going to go help Harold with something. He left in his truck. Afterwards I had a meeting with the cats and told them if anyone ever lays a hand on me out there, they are to totally attack that person. They yawned and scratched their fleas. 

Also, sorry to do this, but my internet has been complete #### the last few days, and instead of trying another night of spotify having to be reopened several times and not having good enough service to search half the time, I pulled the trigger and made the playlist collaborative.  SO - my suggestion is:

1.  When you pick going forward (from last night onward) put your songs into the Spotify playlist.  Looks like there are 28 followers on the list, so at least 3/4 should be able to do this.  

2.  If you aren't on the service - cool.  Let us know and we will get your picks loaded up.   

If there is another way, I am all ears.  I am willing to do some, it's just that last night took 2hours b/c of the internet and computer, and there is no end in site for either.   Sorry again....
Sorry man, I'm all in on Google Play.  I can count on one hand  the number of YouTube adds I've watched in the past five years.

I'm gonna have to be at someone else's mercy to load my songs. No way in hell is my clumsy ### going to try and add records - I'll somehow nuke the whole thing.

I had an uncomfortable encounter with a guy out at the colony about 20 minutes ago. He stopped near the dumpster, and walked over to me (I was cutting a few vines before it was too dark). He was making small talk about the cats, which isn't usual for some people to do. Unfortunately, the cats are visible to anyone that drives beside the dumpster. A lot of people know they are there. Anyway, the guy kept stepping forward, and I kept taking steps back. I was about halfway down the gravel road. I pretended to call out to one of the guys that works at Owensby's, but he really wasn't there. I carry pepper gel with me that can shoot up to 18 to 20 feet. I just wonder at what point would I use it. I don't want to spray some harmless guy in the face, but he didn't need to keep getting closer to me when I could hear him just fine at his original distance. Anyway, I went over a cat bridge, and told him to have a nice night, and that i was going to go help Harold with something. He left in his truck. Afterwards I had a meeting with the cats and told them if anyone ever lays a hand on me out there, they are to totally attack that person. They yawned and scratched their fleas. 
damn

I don't know how to react to this, because it was distressing to read, but then the end was very funny.  :)  

at what point did you quit?

I added mine and will going forward. It’s easy because I have my own playlist going. 

Let me know which picks you need uploaded and I'll do whatever backlog you have.  Then I'll upload yours in the future, too.
Thanks a ton. I'm not sure what's been added for me. I made my rounds 26 & 27 picks yesterday evening (around 10 p.m. ET), but don't know if KP was able to load those or not.

The guys at Owensbys warn me all the time to be careful, but I'm usually gone at dusk. Tonight is Saturday, and my possible night to catch Frankie (the black cat), but I decided that wasn't going to happen tonight. 
People are crazy in daylight, too

Thanks a ton. I'm not sure what's been added for me. I made my rounds 26 & 27 picks yesterday evening (around 10 p.m. ET), but don't know if KP was able to load those or not.
OK, could you let me know which songs those were?  I can see your albums on the spreadsheet but not the songs.

OK, could you let me know which songs those were?  I can see your albums on the spreadsheet but not the songs.
RD26 was Bad Girls by Donna Summer. I chose "Hot Stuff" & "Dim All The Lights"

RD27 was The Highwomen (S/T). I took the title song and "Wheels Of Laredo"

I really wanted that Doc and Merle Watson album that cos drafted recently. He (Doc)  has many to choose from, but I wanted that one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
RD28 Highway To Hell - AC/DC. Title track and "Shoot To Thrill"

RD29 Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye. Title track (I'm sensing a theme here) and "If I Should Die Tonight"

RD28 Highway To Hell - AC/DC. Title track and "Shoot To Thrill"

RD29 Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye. Title track (I'm sensing a theme here) and "If I Should Die Tonight"
I put both Marvin on and Highway to Hell, but Spotify and Wikipedia show "Shoot to Thrill" as being from Back in Black.

Heard anything from Julio lately?
Yeah, I send him money about once a month these days, because things down there are worse than ever (no tourism at all).  So we talk when I'm doing that and I have to listen to him saying I am angel to him and Santy, etc.  :)  

Operation Ivy song "Bombshell" was a blast (no pun intended).  :thumbup:  
I think rcam and I have talked about "Bombshell" before. Outside it's 6 A.M. the bums are praying/met her at a party she was drunk I was sober...

Used to be a girl in college I knew that I thought of when this song would come on, for not-so-obvious reasons, actually.

I think rcam and I have talked about "Bombshell" before. Outside it's 6 A.M. the bums are praying/met her at a party she was drunk I was sober...

Used to be a girl in college I knew that I thought of when this song would come on, for not-so-obvious reasons, actually.
Well, the not-so-obvious reasons are the fun ones.  :)  

Yeah, I send him money about once a month these days, because things down there are worse than ever (no tourism at all).  So we talk when I'm doing that and I have to listen to him saying I am angel to him and Santy, etc.  :)  
So, he didn't leave when the #### went down a couple of years ago? Has the violence lessened since?

I don't see the playlist under public playlists on KP's Spotify profile

ETA:  found it under recently played.  That was weird

Last edited by a moderator:
So, he didn't leave when the #### went down a couple of years ago? Has the violence lessened since?
Where could he go?

No violence these days, but also no food.  The COVID has hit them hard, not just from the virus but their supply chain is completely broken.  There were a couple of flights to Miami last week on which all the American ex-pats were encouraged to leave.  Delta, which was one of the big carriers there, has announced they're not going to fly there anymore.  Not temporarily, but at all.

Users who are viewing this thread