What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (9 Viewers)

Yeah, NV is in a bunch of fantasy baseball leagues with HT so hopefully not him, but I'm sure the "supporters" mention did him in. 
Nancy is a good dude on the baseball forums and has been in a few music drafts.

When political threads were on this board, I assumed he was a Massachusetts Mitt Republican but he followed the whole crew down.

I like Joe Bryant (nice guy and all), but his capitulation to those intent only on sowing seeds of discord (aka, flying T**** monkeys) has been one of the sadder developments in these parts.  

He's gone full Neville Chamberlain and he's gonna stand that ground.
I think Joe is a gem and I would wish my kids to grow up with his values.  

I like Joe Bryant (nice guy and all), but his capitulation to those intent only on sowing seeds of discord (aka, flying T**** monkeys) has been one of the sadder developments in these parts.  

He's gone full Neville Chamberlain and he's gonna stand that ground.
I think Joe is a gem and I would wish my kids to grow up with his values.  
Playing both sides and refusing to stand for anything but the middle?

I found the whole show last night to be a rough watch at first.  I didn't realize it was going to be like a telethon.  After sitting through an inexplicable 10 minutes or so with Amy Schumer, plus some Dave Matthews, I realized I'd be better served just pausing it and watching later when I could skip all the bad parts.

Elvis Costello was marvelous, too, by the way.

I found the whole show last night to be a rough watch at first.  I didn't realize it was going to be like a telethon.  After sitting through an inexplicable 10 minutes or so with Amy Schumer, plus some Dave Matthews, I realized I'd be better served just pausing it and watching later when I could skip all the bad parts.

Elvis Costello was marvelous, too, by the way.
What did EC sing?

I still need to watch Top Chef, that’s priority number 1 tomorrow. Were you guys happy with the way it turned out?

I still need to watch Top Chef, that’s priority number 1 tomorrow. Were you guys happy with the way it turned out?
There is no way to answer this without spoilers!

Let me say this...  Stephanie's story was really touching in the finale; made me like her even more.  And Melissa's food was, as almost always, the food that I'd by far be most interested in eating.  And I still love Bryan's laugh.  And, ummmm, the second course was all pastas, and each one looked unbelievably good.  And there was a butcher judge who stole the show for some.

Last edited by a moderator:
@simey. I need to live trap a domestic cat.  Some irresponsible idiot is letting one roam around here.  We have a leash law, and I can find a no-kill shelter.  What kind of trap do I need, and what makes the best bait?  My yard bunny needs your help, as do the mocking birds nesting out in the front.  I had to listen to distressed screaming for about half an hour today.  Why people allow their cats to do this is mystifying.  It's not even good for the cat.  Any tips would be appreciated.

@simey. I need to live trap a domestic cat.  Some irresponsible idiot is letting one roam around here.  We have a leash law, and I can find a no-kill shelter.  What kind of trap do I need, and what makes the best bait?  My yard bunny needs your help, as do the mocking birds nesting out in the front.  I had to listen to distressed screaming for about half an hour today.  Why people allow their cats to do this is mystifying.  It's not even good for the cat.  Any tips would be appreciated.
Most shelters will have humane traps you can borrow - have you checked with them?  I've never worked with one that didn't have them that they'd lend out (assuming they aren't already lent).  Usually just a wet stinky food will work best, or a can of tuna.

ETA:  the ones I've used look much like this, but again I doubt you need to buy one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember Fruit Bats discussion earlier so some might be interested in Bonny Light Horseman, a new project of Eric D. Johnson, along with Anais Mitchell and Josh Kaufman, who produced that Grateful Dead tribute I drafted.

Deep in Love

Most shelters will have humane traps you can borrow - have you checked with them?  I've never worked with one that didn't have them that they'd lend out (assuming they aren't already lent).  Usually just a wet stinky food will work best, or a can of tuna.

ETA:  the ones I've used look much like this, but again I doubt you need to buy one.
Good idea.  Thanks.  

I do NOT have any wet, stinky food around.  I'd probably just catch a rat, anyway.

I use a trap that is the type krista showed you. I put a towel over the trap too once the cat is caught to calm it down. I also line the inside of the trap with a thin layer of newspaper, and then put the bait in a small paper bowel or on a piece of a cut out paper plate in the very back of the trap. You don't need to put a ton on bait on it. You want it in the back so the cat goes back there and steps on the lever that makes it shut.  Sometimes I'll put a few pieces of bait in the entrance of the trap to lure it to the back.  You want to keep an eye on the trap. 

That’s really a bummer.

I couldn’t find the backstory in that thread, but that quote doesn’t sound bad to me on the surface. Then again, I’m admittedly (and purposely) not very politically astute. 
I agree it seems pretty needlessly harsh given NVs previous spotless record and the fact that there is worse posted every 5 minutes in that forum. 

6.7 Oracular Spectacular by MGMT (2007)

neo-psychedelic indie pop rock extravaganza

I'm feelin' rough I'm feelin' raw I'm in the prime of my life
Let's make some music make some money find some models for wives
I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin and #### with the stars
You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars

Time to Pretend

Electric Feel
This is a call of arms
To live and love and sleep together
We could flood the streets
With love or light or heat, whatever