Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Are you the most successful person with your name?

Are you the most successful person with your name?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To your knowledge, are you the most successful person with your name?  Success basically meaning someone that is either a celebrity, known public figure or rich.

My vote is no - I share the same name as a state senator.  He’s definitely more known than I am.

14 minutes ago, Kal El said:

There was a character with my same first and last name on Heroes.

I think you’re a bit confused, Superman was not on Heroes he was a hero. And please show me a more successful Kal El.  Unpossible.  😉

• Laughing 1

Based on a Google search, yes I am. I am the first several hits and there is very little else that matches directly. During the brief period that I had to use Facebook for grad school, I was contacted by someone who mistook me for a person with the same name. They were profanity laced messages with terrible spelling and grammar accusing me of abandoning my grandkids. It took several messages before the person could understand that I was not living in the Philippines and at age 30 had not yet become a grandfather. 

• Like 1

Both my first name and last name are very common, so no. I can think of somewhat famous people off the top of my head that are more successful, don't even need to google. Good luck finding me with google without more search terms. 

Edited by huthut

There was a guy with my name serving time in Indiana for the manslaughter death of his infant daughter in 1999.  Creeped me out when I saw a news article about him.  It's not a very common name.

1 minute ago, krista4 said:

Easy question since my first name (ahem) is not terribly common, and my last name is very unusual.  I'd expect I'm both the most successful and the last successful.

Your first name, and about a dozen variants, was super common when I was a kid. Right there with Jennifer.

3 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Your first name, and about a dozen variants, was super common when I was a kid. Right there with Jennifer.

I’m not sure what dozen variants there could be to my name - I’ve got Christa and maybe Crista? - but the question asked about our name. 

Just now, krista4 said:

I’m not sure what dozen variants there could be to my name - I’ve got Christa and maybe Crista? - but the question asked about our name. 

Those are the direct variants. I also was referring to the related names, e.g. Kirsten, Kristin, etc.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Those are the direct variants. I also was referring to the related names, e.g. Kirsten, Kristin, etc.

I don’t understand the point.  The question was about our actual names.  My first name is not common.  If you google my name you’re not coming up with these others, and adding a bunch of unrelated names doesn’t make any sense.  These are not nicknames or variants.  Good lord.  People here will decide to argue about anything.  What a stupid thread this is now going to be that I’ll have to avoid.  Wish I could un-blackdot.

Edited by krista4

My first name is very common.  I've never met or heard of anyone other than a relative of mine with my last name (spelled the same way), including via google.  My paternal uncle has my same name.  So, I guess it depends upon how you define success.  I voted yes.  My uncle might disagree.  

Edited by The Dreaded Marco

14 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I don’t understand the point.  The question was about our actual names.  My first name is not common.  If you google my name you’re not coming up with these others, and adding a bunch of unrelated names doesn’t make any sense.  These are not nicknames or variants.  Good lord.  People here will decide to argue about anything.  What a stupid thread this is now going to be that I’ll have to avoid.  Wish I could un-blackdot.

I wasn’t trying to start a fight. I promise.

i knew a handful of Kristas growing up and a bunch of the others.

i certainly didn’t think that would be upsetting. 

Yes.

Only one other person in the world with my name that I've ever found.  He graduated HS last year in some small town in OK and I'm pretty sure he has recently fathered a kid and is not in college. 

GL, Jayrod #2.

Edited by Jayrod
  • Like 1

There’s only one guy with my name and he seems to have had a decorated military career and now is a contractor. He probably makes pretty good money. I make pretty good money. I dominate a google search with the first six hits. He has one link on each of the first three pages. So maybe I’m winning, but it’s probably close.

6 hours ago, krista4 said:

Easy question since my first name (ahem) is not terribly common, and my last name is very unusual.  I'd expect I'm both the most successful and the last successful.

Dated someone with your first name and I can say you’re the most successful person I know with that name. 

10 hours ago, huthut said:

Both my first name and last name are very common, so no. I can think of somewhat famous people off the top of my head that are more successful, don't even need to google. Good luck finding me with google without more search terms. 

You don’t have to tell us your name but list some of the famous people above you.

• Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

there is a country singer with my name, and he seems to do quite well so no.  Platinum record, had the#1 songs on the charts. Inducted in the Grand Ole Opry.

What's annoying is that my name is just a stage name for him - that's not his birth name. 

Mine is a pretty uncommon last name. I found 1 other with my exact name and he is a Neurologist at Walter Reed and a former college cyclist, so I guess he wins. Although I dominate the search rankings—8 results to his 2 on page 1...so suck it! 

This tread/search did prompt me to reach out to him on Linkedin and see where the family connection might be. 

Just google searching my last name, I dont have a shot. Seems there are 2 brothers drafted in the MLB with 7 full pages of results before my 1st. 

Edited by glvsav37
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, krista4 said:

Feh, I'm easily thee most famous person with my hyphenated name.

Sincerely signed,

Jesus/Budda/Muhammad/Elvis/Marilyn/Adolph/Crazy-Horse/Mao/Mahatma/Martin-Luther/Saddam/HonestAbe/John/Paul/George and Ringo

I haven't been able to find evidence of anybody with the same name. My first name is pretty common, but my last name is not (particularly the spelling of it).  My last name is Van ____, with a small Dutch village intended to be the blank, but my last name is a misspelling of the town.

1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

You don’t have to tell us your name but list some of the famous people above you.

Off the top of my head, some professional athletes (not necessarily modern era)  and some actor who is not a super star, but is someone who almost everyone would know from something and be "hey, its that guy". 

28 minutes ago, Skipdog77 said:

I still curse my parents daily for naming me Cher. 

That is a tough one to top regardless of last name but it's never too late. There's still time to record some best selling songs, have a hit TV show and transition to starring in movies. Maybe even marry a future Congressman. 

• Thanks 1

I was recently in some major news publications (although the associated substance material is maybe not what one wants to be well known for) so I thought I had a shot. But, there is a lesser known actor with my name that beats me on google rankings. Really not sure how to measure who is more successful there. 

However, I think we’ve both been past by a guy made famous by The Last Dance (although he goes with two first names). 

Edited by Zow