What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I agree with this timeline.  I think it's unlikely we see it this week.  I don't think they could hold onto it long enough to wait for the peak at the severe trial.  I think we wont get word of that until the first week of August.
My expectations are next week as well. What I really want to see is the endpoint data for severe/critical... Anything deemed statistically significant and I think you start looking for approvals quickly. Might need more data than 150 patients though, so I’d anchor expectations a little lower and wait for this one to finish, hopefully by the end of summer.

I sold all this morning and was able to average back in at a lower price.  I plan to use the next couple of days to see how low I can get my average share price and by EOD Friday to be fully loaded, and then sit tight over the weekend and see what next week brings.  If Monday comes and no data by open, I may try to sell some and get cost down even more before buying back in before end of day.  Basically each day after tomorrow I'll do my best to be at my desired stock ownership level before the close, and use the day to find opportunities to move the average price down.

I sold all this morning and was able to average back in at a lower price.  I plan to use the next couple of days to see how low I can get my average share price and by EOD Friday to be fully loaded, and then sit tight over the weekend and see what next week brings.  If Monday comes and no data by open, I may try to sell some and get cost down even more before buying back in before end of day.  Basically each day after tomorrow I'll do my best to be at my desired stock ownership level before the close, and use the day to find opportunities to move the average price down.
Are you planning on playing the first 3 minute surge to sell and then just waiting for the right price to buy?

Are you planning on playing the first 3 minute surge to sell and then just waiting for the right price to buy?
First off, trust everyone else's strategy more than mine as I'm an inexperienced trader who has typically only bought and held for years companies I believe in.  My change in strategy here is that this is a company whose product I believe in (management still has to prove itself) but I had bought in at a higher average cost than most, but got it down to mid 5's and sold this morning for a profit.  I'm treating that profit as a tool to help reduce my average share price. I'll try it tomorrow and if I have luck and no reports are released, I'll try again Friday.  Expecting low volume and some moderate swings and maybe a short attack or two, and if those happen i'll try to take advantage of them.  If anyone thinks this is a stupid strategy, please tell me...again, new to this so just winging it but if I end up with stocks I can't sell for profit and lower cost intra-day, I have no problem sitting tight and holding them so I figure the risk of this is low...major risk is missing out on lower prices as the price rapidly increases with news breaking.

However, what I've been seeing after watching the stock closely for weeks now is a lot of activity in the first 30 minutes, high volume, and then most of the middle of the day a slight up and down around the VWAP punctuated by some short attempts to drive price down (i define short attacks as a rapid increase in volume and stair stepped downward price trends out of proportion to the average fluctuations).  If I see that, I'll try to capitalize on it to buy more.

So my specific strategy is to see what my average cost is today, and set a stop limit for tomorrow where I sell just above my average (which is below the closing price).  So if it opens at today's closing price and goes down, likely my sells will trigger and i'll be at 0 shares, and will have to use the day to regain position, hopefully at a lower average price.  If the opening moves up moderately, I may end up selling all of them once it reaches a 10% gain, and then use that profit to help lower my average (overall) cost if I have to buy back in at a slightly higher average price than when I sold, but with previous profits made from selling to help lower the average cost.

So assuming for example I have 10k shares at average of 5.50 based on what I paid for them today.  I'll set my limit at 5.53 in the morning and if it hits, I sell them all for a 3 cent per share gain and look for an opportunity to buy back lower than 5.50 from there.  I'll also set some limit buys below 5.50 just in case there's a rapid fall and I'm not fast enough to catch them, maybe at 0.1 price increments for 1k shares each, or similar, but not for the whole 10k balance.  Will likely use the past couple weeks as a guide to what the low level I would expect a drop to go to, and set that as my lower limit so that if it hits, i'll have filled back up the whole 10k of shares I want to hold.

Not sure this makes sense to anyone else, but to me I don't have the active trade accounts others have where buying and selling is the click of a button so i have to be a bit more methodical.  If anyone sees mistakes in the thinking here, let me know!

Seriously think I'm bailing. The list of things these dimwits have been promising "soon" just goes on and on. Now we are a month out from anything? :lol:  

NP needs to go back to teaching middle school 

When was the last trading day that there wasn't a 10%+ early morning drop in stock price?  Some days it's been a 20% drop.

https://trialsjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13063-016-1465-3

To understand the proposal, it is helpful to outline the sequence of steps after the last patient is enrolled. After completion of enrollment, patients are followed until their last visit. Before and after completion of enrollment, data are collected, entered in the database, and “cleaned” (i.e., checked for errors and logical consistency). Different data elements follow their own cadence from data capture to availability in the database. Some data elements are available sooner than others; however, the standard practice requires all data to be fully available in the database prior to its lock. The different data elements fall into the following broad categories:

Safety data, which come from different sources including reports of adverse events by the investigators, results from central and local laboratories, and electrocardiograms

Efficacy data on the primary and secondary endpoints, which also come from different sources. Examples include: patient-reported outcomes (e.g., disability index, quality of life questionnaires), assessment made by the patient’s site staff (e.g., signs and symptoms), and adjudicated endpoints (e.g., stroke or myocardial infarction)

Other data such as medical history, demographics, and concomitant medications

After the database is locked, the study is unblinded. By unblinding after database lock, we mean the release of unblinded study results. The time interval between availability of almost all or all data and unblinding varies by therapeutic area and other factors, ranging from one month to several months.

Chill out Chodes 😉

I'm enjoying this and hope you guys all make boatloads.

Just trying to come up with a list of the times we had threads on this board dedicated to a single stock/investment idea:

1. @General Malaise thread on the yellow board 20 years ago about gold (I made money).

2. David Dodds' thread pumping VISN (I lost money).

3. Apple thread (we all should have made money).

4. Lhucks infamous market prediction (not sure that was a separate thread).

5. Google IPO thread (we all should have made money).

6. :Mansion: 💲

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm enjoying this and hope you guys all make boatloads.

Just trying to come up with a list of the times we had threads on this board dedicated to a single stock/investment idea:

1. @General Malaise thread on the yellow board 20 years ago about gold (I made money).

2. David Dodds' thread pumping VISN (I lost money).

3. Apple thread (we all should have made money).

4. Lhucks infamous market prediction (not sure that was a separate thread).

5. Google IPO thread (we all should have made money).
Apple thread was one I started.  Rode that stock for 15 years.  

Certainly less confident in this one, but as opposed to Apple which had not only the strategic leadership but the products...this one seems to solidly have the product, but an unproven management team regarding execution of taking a product to market successfully.  Still, the drug seems good enough to outlive bad management in ways a tech company's product couldn't.

Also, I've been concerned about one thing.  None of us are really smarter about stocks than the professionals with tons of money.  They have tons of money, better access, good experience, better sources, etc.  But mostly, they're staying away right now and waiting.  They know all the things we do, they have access to the same youtube videos and data that we have, but they're still mostly on the sidelines.  That means that either the price is currently overpriced compared to the risk/reward it presents, or they'll jump in and ride it on the way up when there is more solid data.

I'm leaning more towards the latter...that it's on the radar and they'll jump in with both feet on the way up, but aren't interested much until there's more substance.  So nothing NP says, no preliminary hints of results, no BP videos will compel them to put much into it, until the results are solid and the appeal is certain.  

What are y'alls thoughts on why other monied folks/institutions with access to all the same info we have, are staying mostly out for now?

Also, I've been concerned about one thing.  None of us are really smarter about stocks than the professionals with tons of money.  They have tons of money, better access, good experience, better sources, etc.  But mostly, they're staying away right now and waiting.  They know all the things we do, they have access to the same youtube videos and data that we have, but they're still mostly on the sidelines.  That means that either the price is currently overpriced compared to the risk/reward it presents, or they'll jump in and ride it on the way up when there is more solid data.

I'm leaning more towards the latter...that it's on the radar and they'll jump in with both feet on the way up, but aren't interested much until there's more substance.  So nothing NP says, no preliminary hints of results, no BP videos will compel them to put much into it, until the results are solid and the appeal is certain.  

What are y'alls thoughts on why other monied folks/institutions with access to all the same info we have, are staying mostly out for now?
This is true but we’ve seen multiple stocks jump up 80 to even 300% with corona news recently. The lack of buying is a concern though. 

A lot of institutions wouldn’t be allowed to invest in a company not on a major exchange. I’d imagine being a fund manager is a pretty cushy job and you’re not going to risk it on something like this. 

A lot of institutions wouldn’t be allowed to invest in a company not on a major exchange. I’d imagine being a fund manager is a pretty cushy job and you’re not going to risk it on something like this. 
So is it just the lack of being on a major exchange that's deterring folks in your opinion?  Or do you suspect other reasons?

One drug company without FDA approval, only 10 employees, untested management team, and a recent RTF, along with some missed release deadlines and just a hopeful PR release with information about the safety of leronlimab that we already knew?

There's a billion companies and drugs racing to be the cure. I can easily see CYDY being overlooked. Even if they're keeping tabs of the stock, big money doesn't have to be in at the ground floor to make money. CYDY has plenty of runway if it's legit and I'm sure institutional investors would be happy with a simple 2x with how much they can invest.

My Massage Therapist has $400k in her retirement account and she can't buy OTC with the brokerage managing it.

So is it just the lack of being on a major exchange that's deterring folks in your opinion?  Or do you suspect other reasons?

One drug company without FDA approval, only 10 employees, untested management team, and a recent RTF, along with some missed release deadlines and just a hopeful PR release with information about the safety of leronlimab that we already knew?
All good points

You don’t lose your job when GE goes from 12 to 6, but being one of the only fund managers who invests in a company that goes from $6 to 6 cents isn’t a good way to collect a fat pay check for the next two decades 

Dr. Yo

@YoDoctorYo

·

7m

I will be doing a Live Q&A session this Friday at 1pm EST on youtube -COVID, health, fitness questions are welcome. I will NOT be answering any questions on leronlimab. Everything that needs to be said has already been said- now we need data and publications

Dr. Yo

@YoDoctorYo

·

7m

I will be doing a Live Q&A session this Friday at 1pm EST on youtube -COVID, health, fitness questions are welcome. I will NOT be answering any questions on leronlimab. Everything that needs to be said has already been said- now we need data and publications
The rantes not panties guy will NOT be answering questions about the only thing anybody is paying attention to him for. 

Dr Yo is in one of the news headers for Cytodyn. When I lose all my money, it’ll be tough for me to say the warning signs weren’t there.
:lmao:  I am serious every time I see its rantes not panties I want to sell all my shares. Is he a real doctor? If you were scheduled to go see him, googled him and then saw that hashtag would you still go?

:lmao:  I am serious every time I see its rantes not panties I want to sell all my shares. Is he a real doctor? If you were scheduled to go see him, googled him and then saw that hashtag would you still go?
I suspect I can start a twitter account, put together some fake stuff, a fake website, fake LinkedIn profile, discuss Leronlimab, get a following, and wind up on their website.

Next up on DR. FC Powehour is NP, CEO of Cytodyn!

Do I really need to be that guy again?

People who know the industry come to the conclusion this is a pump and dump.

Honest question.  Do pump and dumps typically have clinical trials at prestigious schools, or have the backing of well respected physicians?

Again, honest questions.

This thing is NOT being overlooked.

I know someone, through happenstance, who works HIV at Gilead. She's a smart person, outstanding pedigree, very nice.  But I don't know her well. I'm in touch with her occasionally. I talked myself into asking her about Cytodyn and leronlimab. I ran into her recently. Mentioned a friend was looking at Cytodyn to help with some HIV interests (sounded better than "I heard about this OTC stock on a fantasy football messageboard and uhhh...") She looked at me very knowingly when I mentioned Cytodyn and leronlimab. Asked for her thoughts.She smiled in a friendly way and said, very cordially, that she can't comment. Roger that. My read was that she is intimately familiar with LL. What I couldn't tell is whether she thinks the whole thing is a sham, it's legit and Gilead is interested in it, or it's a legit threat as competition. She's worked on remdesivir for many years.

Frankly she should be running Cytodyn.

Seriously?  The drug obviously has some merit.  Look at all the drugs that blew up so far  and went from $5 to $50 with Covid.  Did people in the industry come to the conclusion that they were pump and dump?

I understand that NP is really disliked in big pharma, but Montefori, Dr. Patterson, UCLA...  are they all in on it?

Honest question.  Do pump and dumps typically have clinical trials at prestigious schools, or have the backing of well respected physicians?

Again, honest questions.
Bruce P. is the clear outlier. There is willingness to try just about anything in this pandemic.The drug is a safe CCR5 antagonist.

People who know the industry perceive the company behaving as a pump and dump.

Bruce P. is the clear outlier. There is willingness to try just about anything in this pandemic.The drug is a safe CCR5 antagonist.

So obviously to determine whether it's a pump and dump, you'd need to line up the things in the pro "pump and dump" column against those in the against "pump and dump".

Can you itemize the ways it's behaving like a pump and dump?  (I doubt i'll disagree with many of them, but i want to see how many of them there are and how many there are that I'm not aware of).

I generally like your posts but calling it a pump is why so many here are questioning your motives. 
It's nothing a lot of other folks aren't saying.  At least he's here, engaged, and willing to explain.  So long as he can go into detail and explain the justification in a way that makes sense, and isn't just repeating an accusation without being able to back it up, he's offering some value IMO.

It's nothing a lot of other folks aren't saying.  At least he's here, engaged, and willing to explain.  So long as he can go into detail and explain the justification in a way that makes sense, and isn't just repeating an accusation without being able to back it up, he's offering some value IMO.
Like I said, I appreciate his posts for the most part but the drug clearly has merit for some uses. Whether the ceo is incompetent or not or whether this helps us move past rona I guess we’ll continue to see, but a pump implies sham and if this is a total sham I’ll be floored. 

Understand I am trying to be the messenger on this point and keeping my opinion out of it.
I truly don’t understand motive here, and I’ve tried to figure it out for a while. A few questions:

1) The anecdotal evidence from Dr Otto Yang, pure coincidence?

2) Dr. BP, just throwing a Hail Mary?

3) Baylor Health, scam?

I fully get the pump and dump angle, we all hate NP, but he might’ve stepped in #### with Pro 140 and they have a drug with an MOA that makes sense and is backed by a renowned Virologist. If you were so convinced, why not short? The interim on severe will either tell us if this safe (we know this) treatment saves lives. 

I get the sense they’re paying attention (and why is that?), they hate this drug, and it can be beneficial. Big pharma is pure evil, let’s not sugarcoat it.

So much of this has been covered before but here are a few quickly.

stock promo using YouTube and paid websites

questionable backers

insider selling 

unable to get favorable financing 

no independent studies published 

promises / timelines not kept

Does a pump and dump play out over a decade.  And feel free to share the people in the biz that thinks this is a fraud and we can just all sell now.

questionable backers

insider selling 

Explain Baylor please.

Actually now that I remember Dr. rantes not panties is their biggest YouTube promoter maybe he has a point. 

Once again, I tried to answer the question asked. You all don’t have to believe me, but that doesn’t make me wrong.
Dr Otto Yang:

23 patients were injected with Leronlimab. Six were in critical condition, intubated on ventilators, 17 were severely ill requiring oxygen support. Of the 6 critical patients, three were extubated off ventilators, 2 patients remained relatively stable and still breathing and 1 patient had shown deterioration in respiratory parameters. Of the 17 severe cases, 11 patients demonstrated lung improvement, 8 were discharged from the hospital, 2 have shown lung deterioration. Information is pending for 2 recently treated patients. No deaths have been reported.

We also have doctors from Montefiore & Emory reporting similar findings.

Again, why not short?

questionable backers

insider selling 

And on the not a pump and dump side we have:

Bruce Patterson behind it, Otto Yang researched it and spoke favorably of it.

Years spent developing the drug, private fund raising, primarily for HIV.

Trials for HIV with hundreds of patients with positive results.

FDA submission, even though we're currently at RTF

Good preliminary results in several studies dealing with Covid-19

They're attracting some top-tier scientists/doctors aside from Dr. Patterson to join scientific advisory board.

Users who are viewing this thread