What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL: which rookie WR will have the best season (1 Viewer)

Which of these rookie WRs will put up the best stats?

• Henry Ruggs III, Raiders

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Jerry Jeudy, Broncos

Votes: 44 31.0%
  • CeeDee Lamb, Cowboys

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Jalen Reagor, Eagles

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • Justin Jefferson, Vikings

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Brandon Aiyuk, 49ers

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Michael Pittman Jr, Colts

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Bryan Edwards, Raiders

Votes: 15 10.6%

• Total voters

Sea Duck

Footballguy
Now's your chance to predict which rookie WR will be the next breakout stud. I created a poll for all the rookies who are either starters OR expect to see lots of playing time in a high-powered offense.

Here's a complete list of all the rookies who made a roster this year:

Henry Ruggs III, Raiders (STARTER)
Jerry Jeudy, Broncos (STARTER)
CeeDee Lamb, Cowboys (3rd on depth chart)
Jalen Reagor, Eagles (STARTER)
Justin Jefferson, Vikings (3rd on depth chart)
Brandon Aiyuk, 49ers (STARTER)
Tee Higgins, Bengals (4th on depth chart)
Michael Pittman Jr, Colts (STARTER)
Laviska Shenault, Jaguars (3rd on depth chart)
K.J. Hamler, Broncos (4th on depth chart)
Chase Claypool, Steelers (4th on depth chart)
Van Jefferson, Rams (3rd or 4th on depth chart)
Denzel Mims, Jets (3rd or 4th on depth chart)
Bryan Edwards, Raiders (STARTER)
Devin Duvernay, Ravens
James Proche, Ravens
Gabriel Davis, Bills
Darnell Mooney, Bears
Donovan Peoples-Jones, Browns
Tyrie Cleveland, Broncos
Quintez Cephus, Lions
Dezmon Patmon, Colts
Collin Johnson, Jaguars
Joe Reed, Chargers
K.J. Hill, Chargers
K.J. Osborn, Vikings
Freddie Swain, Seahawks
Tyler Johnson, Buccaneers
Antonio Gandy-Golden, Washington Football Team
Kelvin Harmon, Washington Football Team

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it's very close between Jeudy and Lamb, they are both amazing talents and NFL-ready which is unusual (much like AJ Brown last season). I think Denver has the narrower target tree, so I give my nod to Jeudy, although Lamb might pass him in a year or two. There could be a surprise out of the others, but I would be surprised if it wasn't one of these two. Ruggs might be their closest competitor based on opportunity, but his skillset is not as polished.

Bryan Edwards!

Hell yeah my brothers. 2nd only to chicken legs Jeudy. Ole chicken legs is going to be terrified out there. He's a good #2 but to beta to be a #1 so this start to the season will be tough on him. 

Missing Tee Higgins here. I think he could have the best season of that offense can be what it can be. You have him listed as 4th on the depth chart but before he tweaked a hamstring he was penciled in as the starter opposite AJG

otherwise Reagor

I’ll put in a vote for Jefferson. I think he’ll end up with enough receptions to edge out the other guys. 

No Van Jefferson option? Think he has a good chance to out score a couple that are listed.

my vote goes to Lamb.

FWIW justin Jefferson is not the starter for the Vikings on their depth chart. Its Adam Thielen and Olabisi Johnson as starters.

Jefferson will still play regardless, but if you are listing Lamb as the Cowboys WR 3 then you have to say the same about Jefferson.

I just posted in one of the other threads. I don’t think this is a good year to be a rookie WR. With hardly any practice and a limited offseason, they will all be well behind developmentally compared to regular seasons. So I would predict more established players will get more snaps and rookie production will be a lot lower than usual. 

Absent injuries to guys around them, I’d say either Ruggs, Jeudy or Edwards due to opportunity. Lamb and Reagor will have a lot of opportunity, too, but Reagor has missed a lot of time and Lamb has to share with Cooper, Gallup and Elliott. Just my opinion.

FWIW justin Jefferson is not the starter for the Vikings on their depth chart. Its Adam Thielen and Olabisi Johnson as starters.

Jefferson will still play regardless, but if you are listing Lamb as the Cowboys WR 3 then you have to say the same about Jefferson.
I was using TheHuddle and ESPN as my source. I didn't use the Footballguy chart because they don't denote rookies.

I think Lamb is the best of the receivers but no way he gets as many opportunities as some of the other rookies. I picked Juedy because according to people WAY  smarter than me he is the most polished rookie coming into the season in a year with much less time to catch up.  I think long term Lamb will outshine him though.  

Absent injuries to guys around them, I’d say either Ruggs, Jeudy or Edwards due to opportunity. Lamb and Reagor will have a lot of opportunity, too, but Reagor has missed a lot of time and Lamb has to share with Cooper, Gallup and Elliott. Just my opinion.
You mentioned 5, I'd shake the order, but you got my top 4 in there: Lamb, Reagor, Jeudy and Edwards (I think in that order).

I just posted in one of the other threads. I don’t think this is a good year to be a rookie WR. With hardly any practice and a limited offseason, they will all be well behind developmentally compared to regular seasons. So I would predict more established players will get more snaps and rookie production will be a lot lower than usual. 
Considering this I like the manufactured touches Shenault is going to get every game as opposed to most on this list.

Bryan Edwards looking more and more like a 1st round pick everyday. That what you want your dradt picks to do. Gain value as soon as you pick them. Some lose value immediately. Some gain value immediately. 

You missed a few including my favorite Chase Claypool.
Passed on him for Edwards but I love him. If he doesn't play much this year his value will plummet and then I come in and trade with the Claypool owner and have him as a throw in. 

EZ game. 

I was using TheHuddle and ESPN as my source. I didn't use the Footballguy chart because they don't denote rookies.
I am just passing along what I have heard as a Vikings fan in regards to Jefferson so far.

It maybe doesn't matter that much who is officially listed as a starter or not. What will matter is the number of snaps and opportunities these guys get when they do have snaps.

If the Vikings come out with only 2 WR on the first play of the game against Green Bay then Jefferson likely won't be one of those two players. Doesn't mean the Vikings wont play Jefferson for more snaps than Johnson although it could mean that. Same is true for all of these WR.

I voted for Lamb having the best statistical season out of all of these rookies in 2020 and it doesn't matter to me if they list him as their starter or not.

I actually think the class is so good we get a few. If Reagor's shoulder holds up, I think he very easily could see a Tyreek Hill rookie season- 860/9 with yards coming both in passing and running game. That offense is so desperate for an explosive playmaker and I am not sure DJax can keep that up all year. Plus Sanders is already hurt.  Reagor is just so explosive, if is able to translate his game, there are going to be some huge plays out of him. 

Lamb is so good that I think 700/7 or so is very possible. 

Chances are high either Edwards or Ruggs has a solid season given the opportunity.

Low key watch out for Quintez Cephus with this Kenny G injury. 

Some folks have sagely pointed out that with limited off season activities for rookies to gain experience and impress coaches these players may not do as well as they would in a typical season, whatever that is, every draft class is unique.

Maybe that was baked in to ADPs I am not sure. 

I think this draft class one of the more talented groups of skill players I have seen and I am loaded up with rookies even in redraft leagues.

As prospects the WR group rivals the 2014 class which has been dominating leagues the last five years. The RB are very good as well. Better than 2014 group easily.

The risks involved with rookies mitigated somewhat by the quality of the rookies in my view on that.

I love this. Bryan Edwards would have been the 4th WR drafted. 

He should have really been the 1st but it takes a while for the consensus to catch up. 

Be happy Bryan Edwards drafters. Be happy. 

Users who are viewing this thread