What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tested Positive for Covid today. (1 Viewer)

So my week off from work:

Hit by semi truck that didn't stop

Best dog ever dies

Test Positive for Covid

Oh, and I can't go back to work until Jan 5, 2021 at the earliest.
:unsure:

I'm not sure how to rank those, 2 of them can kill you and the other involves death of a loved one.

Terrible, New Years can't get here quick enough for you.  

So last night was the absolute worse.  High fever,  vomiting,  cramping and irritable. I just want to get through this and start giving plasma asap to help others.  Guys this crap is for real.  Please protect your families and yourself.  
Any idea where you might have caught it? 

I’m pretty sure I have COVID and am going to go get tested today. I started feeling a slight head cold over the weekend and didn’t think it was related to COVID. Went out and played disc golf on Sunday and then my sinuses just got clogged and I’ve developed a severe head cold, just constant headaches and sinus pressure. But when I got home Sunday night i made a toasted turkey and Swiss sandwich and I couldn’t taste a thing, it just happened instantly. Since then I haven’t been able to taste or smell which was the dead giveaway that it was COVID. 

I don’t think I’ve had a fever, if so it has been mild and definitely no vomiting or physical aches and pains.  I’ll share my test results and I’m hoping to get them tomorrow.  
I tested positive. 

Hope you guys feel better soon, guys...and have a clear plan of action if you don't. 

My family all just got tested

So last night was the absolute worse.  High fever,  vomiting,  cramping and irritable. I just want to get through this and start giving plasma asap to help others.  Guys this crap is for real.  Please protect your families and yourself.  
All that above again last night.  No smell or taste.  I am so ducking irritable. Every sound is like a bomb in my ear.  

Steroids.  JFC these things make me so irritable.     Woke up with cold sweats. Still having fever.  Scheduled still sometime for BAM injection in the next few days.  So crazy that our numbers in our zip code is off the charts.  And schools opens back up Monday. 

Steroids.  JFC these things make me so irritable.     Woke up with cold sweats. Still having fever.  Scheduled still sometime for BAM injection in the next few days.  So crazy that our numbers in our zip code is off the charts.  And schools opens back up Monday. 
How much have you been able to isolate?

Get well soon guys. This sounds awful. More justification why I've been pretty extreme in quarantine status the last few months.

Hang in there.  After two weeks, my annoying symptoms (sore throat, fever, aches, headache) were gone.   Most of my senses of taste and smell retuned after about three weeks.  Those are still not all the way back but I feel great today less than one month from the onset of this stupid virus.    Everyone is different though.  

Sorry to hear, stay strong.

My cousin and her husband live in Bixby. They both have it. She had to go to the ICU last week because of shortness of breath. Luckily she was released Friday. Still having a hell of a time.

Hang in there, all. Thanks for posting your experiences as I think it helps for everyone to hear real people's struggles with this virus.

I was fortunate to receive my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine two weeks ago with a booster scheduled for next week.  I had a sore arm for 24 hours and a few hours of fatigue but otherwise no major side effects.  I hope it will be available to everyone sooner than they are predicting at this point.

Sorry to hear. I’ve definitely gotten off easy with this. All my symptoms are pretty much gone besides the complete lack of taste and smell. Only lingering headaches and slight congestion at this point.  I think loading up on vitamin C & D and some other immune support supplements for six months straight hopefully helped my lack of issues and recovery.

Good luck. Hope you feel better quickly.

Guys this crap is for real.  Please protect your families and yourself.  
In our practice we've diagnosed hundreds of kids with COVID 19 over the past 9 months but none had even required an ER visit, let alone a hospital admission.

In the past week I have personally had to transport two toddlers with COVID to the pediatric ICU for MIS-C (the severe, systemic inflammatory syndrome that has been associated with this virus in children).  This is getting uglier by the day.  

The Dreaded Marco said:
Hang in there, all. Thanks for posting your experiences as I think it helps for everyone to hear real people's struggles with this virus.

I was fortunate to receive my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine two weeks ago with a booster scheduled for next week.  I had a sore arm for 24 hours and a few hours of fatigue but otherwise no major side effects.  I hope it will be available to everyone sooner than they are predicting at this point.
@gianmarco had the sore arm as well after his vaccination. Said it was the worst thing he's ever felt and had to be "a bajillion times worse" than actually getting the virus. But he's a big weenie. And I made some or all of that up.

In our practice we've diagnosed hundreds of kids with COVID 19 over the past 9 months but none had even required an ER visit, let alone a hospital admission.

In the past week I have personally had to transport two toddlers with COVID to the pediatric ICU for MIS-C (the severe, systemic inflammatory syndrome that has been associated with this virus in children).  This is getting uglier by the day.  
Is there any reason for this or is it just random?

Damn...horrible. I hope they're ok.

Is that the thing some kids around the country got early on in this...like in April?

Damn...horrible. I hope they're ok.

Is that the thing some kids around the country got early on in this...like in April?
The first child was released from the ICU a two days ago and is doing much better.  The second was just admitted yesterday.

And, yes, MIS-C was noted in children early in the pandemic.  It presents similarly to Kawasaki Disease and is treated similarly in some cases. The biggest concern is that it can damage the coronary arteries in children.

So I'm on what I think might be Day 2 of Covid. I was coughing throughout the day yesterday with a slight headache later on. Its continued today with periods of feeling better. No fever, slight body ache. Feels more like a cold.

When is it advisable to get tested? I really dont want to go out and risk giving it to someone.

Wife is fine so far.

So I'm on what I think might be Day 2 of Covid. I was coughing throughout the day yesterday with a slight headache later on. Its continued today with periods of feeling better. No fever, slight body ache. Feels more like a cold.

When is it advisable to get tested? I really dont want to go out and risk giving it to someone.

Wife is fine so far.
Get tested for sure. I thought mine was a cold for the first 4 days. No fever or loss of smell. Apparently those generally hit more like halfway through the 10-12 day illness. 

Wife is fine so far.
Call your doctor immediately. They should have protocols in place for people who are symptomatic.

Fwiw, there are huge lines in front of every CityMD clinic here in NYC of people waiting to take the test. We scheduled tests through our doc- appointment based, no waiting. I assume the people waiting in lines don't have insurance or a primary care Dr.

Wife is fine so far.
Take the precautions to avoid spreading it.   

Stayed in bed all day yesterday. Total head congestion and coughing. Fever got to 100.8. Some body aches, mostly neck and shoulders. No sweating or chills and no loss of smell or taste. Feel so much better this morning. Residual coughing but that's about it. I know they say you can get better before getting worse, so I'll keep up with medicine and Vitamin D. Wife never had any issues. We're both planning on going to get tested today. 

Stayed in bed all day yesterday. Total head congestion and coughing. Fever got to 100.8. Some body aches, mostly neck and shoulders. No sweating or chills and no loss of smell or taste. Feel so much better this morning. Residual coughing but that's about it. I know they say you can get better before getting worse, so I'll keep up with medicine and Vitamin D. Wife never had any issues. We're both planning on going to get tested today. 
Serious question.  If you're sure you have it, but your symptoms are minor and you're isolating. Why do you feel you need to get tested?

Serious question.  If you're sure you have it, but your symptoms are minor and you're isolating. Why do you feel you need to get tested?
To know for sure, mostly.

And if it wasn't Covid, we wouldn't have to quarantine for the next week or 2.

To know for sure, mostly.

And if it wasn't Covid, we wouldn't have to quarantine for the next week or 2.

Knowing whether or not to isolate for 10 days is a good reason. Good luck to you and your wife.
If you know you came in contact with someone that was Covid positive, you should be isolating anyway.  Also, if you have loss of taste and smell, you should be quarantining anyway.  Even if you go out and get a test and it came back negative, given the possibility for false negatives, you should assume you have it and self-isolate.

Here's an example (and talks about some false negatives)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you know you came in contact with someone that was Covid positive, you should be isolating anyway.  Also, if you have loss of taste and smell, you should be quarantining anyway.  Even if you go out and get a test and it came back negative, given the possibility for false negatives, you should assume you have it and self-isolate.

I don't know if I came in contact with someone that was Covid positive and I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell.

I don't know if I came in contact with someone that was Covid positive and I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell.
I understand and, while I quoted you, I wasn't directing it just to you but in general for those thinking of that reasoning.  But seriously, if you think there's a reasonable chance you have Covid based on your activities and/or your symptoms, just isolate regardless.  I know it's inconvenient, but just keep in mind that false negatives exist, especially earlier in the illness course.

As I think about it. Depending on one's employment situation, a positive test may allow for additional sick time or some other benefit. Where I work employees have donated PTO hours into a pool that is available for covid positive employees who ran out of their own PTO.

One of our good friends had covid and hit him pretty hard. His neighbor is an ER doc, and he recommended to get one of those oxygen saturation finger thingies, and if it registered under 90 to get to a hospital. His take was that the sooner you seek help once that happens your odds of recovery are better. With the theory that a lot of people wait too long to head to the ER.

Not sure this is true or not @gianmarco - but we bought one anyway just to have around. Any expert advice on this?

My test came back positive.

I spoke too soon after feeling so much better on Tuesday but by that night I started feeling run down again. My wife has mild symptoms too and is actually doing yoga right now.

Hopefully it doesn't get worse from here. Still nothing really major as far as symptoms for either of us, appetites fine, no loss of taste or smell. Very rarely cough, very slight headache, minor fever. Just both kinda run down.

My test came back positive.

I spoke too soon after feeling so much better on Tuesday but by that night I started feeling run down again. My wife has mild symptoms too and is actually doing yoga right now.

Hopefully it doesn't get worse from here. Still nothing really major as far as symptoms for either of us, appetites fine, no loss of taste or smell. Very rarely cough, very slight headache, minor fever. Just both kinda run down.
Stay on top of it.  Quarantine.  Rest. Fluids.  If you don't feel right please call for help.   

Well now have pneumonia.   Upside no sweating,  fever or aches.  Downside no 02 reserve. Sats drop from 97 to high 80s just going from bed to bathroom.   On breathing treatments. Starting symbicort today. I will take the NV over the SOB.
#### dude, I’m sorry. Are you in pretty good health/shape?  Did you have any underlying medical conditions?  Each time I hear stories like this I feel very grateful about my experience.  Good luck man.  I hope you recover quick.

Users who are viewing this thread