What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (6 Viewers)

Lots of 49er talk for a Raiders thread!  😉
Get over yourself. Mariotta is an asset of the Raiders and there’s been talk of 49ers interest. 

I’m not the one who brought up JimmyG, but sometimes banter is fun. 

Mariotta is still a Raider and someone asked about dealing him. Suggesting the Niners might pay for him is still more appropriate to this topic than literally ANY of your posts have been. 

To restructure Marriota and not keep him this year makes no sense to me. 
Been seeing Mariota taking alot of heat for negotiating for less money to stay put. Does this mean his market really has dried up and he had nowhere else to go that would pay him at least $3.5 mil? Maybe.... Or is he really happy just being a backup this year and then hope for a huge payday next year? 

To restructure Marriota and not keep him this year makes no sense to me. 
Would you take a third round draft pick for him?   I would.  The Raiders are not making the playoffs with their current roster and need to fill a bunch of holes.  Play it safe with a good QB standing on the sidelines or try to find a starting CB, FS, RT, LB, DT, WR?   Easy decision for me.  It’s either playoffs or no playoffs.   The season record doesn’t matter.  What is the difference between missing the playoffs at 4-12 or 8-8?  

Get over yourself. Mariotta is an asset of the Raiders and there’s been talk of 49ers interest. 

I’m not the one who brought up JimmyG, but sometimes banter is fun. 

Mariotta is still a Raider and someone asked about dealing him. Suggesting the Niners might pay for him is still more appropriate to this topic than literally ANY of your posts have been
I seem to have struck a nerve with my friendly banter... Please tell me more.

I seem to have struck a nerve with my friendly banter... Please tell me more.
Your banter was off topic & not friendly. 

my nerves are fine. You’re the one complaining about the mention of the 49ers in a Raiders topic. Triggered much? 

have a nice day. 

Would you take a third round draft pick for him?   I would.  The Raiders are not making the playoffs with their current roster and need to fill a bunch of holes.  Play it safe with a good QB standing on the sidelines or try to find a starting CB, FS, RT, LB, DT, WR?   Easy decision for me.  It’s either playoffs or no playoffs.   The season record doesn’t matter.  What is the difference between missing the playoffs at 4-12 or 8-8?  
I believe that’s what the Niners were said to be offering for Darnold. 

I’d love to see them offer that for Mariotta. I’m not seeing a huge difference between the two value-wise. 

Been seeing Mariota taking alot of heat for negotiating for less money to stay put. Does this mean his market really has dried up and he had nowhere else to go that would pay him at least $3.5 mil? Maybe.... Or is he really happy just being a backup this year and then hope for a huge payday next year? 
He seems pretty happy to stay with the Raiders.

"I think at the end of the day. I focus on controlling what I can control," he said. "That's the product in the field. Every day I wake up, I train, and get ready to go. At the end of the day, we're very blessed to play this game for a living. A lot of us make a really good amount of money. For me, I just love playing the game. The excitement, the opportunity to be a Raider, overcame all of that. To be here in Vegas, to be a part of this organization meant a lot more to me. I'm excited to be able to come back."

"I think at the end of the day the adversities, the challenges that you face, ultimately will kind of develop who you are," said Mariota. "I'm just excited to hopefully get over that hump. I feel like I've gotten healthy. I have an opportunity to have a little bit of stability, something that's kind of been elusive in my career. I'm just excited to be in a place that I'm comfortable. I'm confident. I'm just going to do everything I can help this team win."

https://www.nfl.com/news/marcus-mariota-not-fretting-pay-cut-just-excited-to-be-a-raider

Last edited by a moderator:
He seems pretty happy to stay with the Raiders.

"I think at the end of the day. I focus on controlling what I can control," he said. "That's the product in the field. Every day I wake up, I train, and get ready to go. At the end of the day, we're very blessed to play this game for a living. A lot of us make a really good amount of money. For me, I just love playing the game. The excitement, the opportunity to be a Raider, overcame all of that. To be here in Vegas, to be a part of this organization meant a lot more to me. I'm excited to be able to come back."

"I think at the end of the day the adversities, the challenges that you face, ultimately will kind of develop who you are," said Mariota. "I'm just excited to hopefully get over that hump. I feel like I've gotten healthy. I have an opportunity to have a little bit of stability, something that's kind of been elusive in my career. I'm just excited to be in a place that I'm comfortable. I'm confident. I'm just going to do everything I can help this team win."

https://www.nfl.com/news/marcus-mariota-not-fretting-pay-cut-just-excited-to-be-a-raider
I’m wondering if the Raiders would rather have the pick though. That probably supersedes Mariotta’s happiness. 

I think it’d be silly to move him unless Peterman is indeed the real deal & able to adequately fill for Carr should be be injured. I don’t know much about the kid. 

I’m wondering if the Raiders would rather have the pick though. That probably supersedes Mariotta’s happiness. 

I think it’d be silly to move him unless Peterman is indeed the real deal & able to adequately fill for Carr should be be injured. I don’t know much about the kid. 
If Peterman has to play more than kneel down snaps the season is over.

I'll  put it this way, if Peterman were the #2 QB and Carr went down, the season is most likely over. 

With Mariota, the Raiders can still win games.

I think there's a lot to be said for a solid backup QB, granted I still have 2016 Conner Cook PTSD, so I'm happy keeping Mariota around.

I'll  put it this way, if Peterman were the #2 QB and Carr went down, the season is most likely over. 

With Mariota, the Raiders can still win games.

I think there's a lot to be said for a solid backup QB, granted I still have 2016 Conner Cook PTSD, so I'm happy keeping Mariota around.
I'd rather keep Mariota unless the Raiders were blown away by an offer.  I'd rather have a competent backup player at the most important position on the field than say a third round pick that may or may not contribute anything.

Completely agree. At risk of triggering a stalker who just flame-spammed my DMs with this mention, look no further than SF.  Mullins & Beathard didn’t exactly carry the team in JG’s absence.!

Granted they weren’t sitting behind the wheel of a Porsche, but still, some level of competence would have been nice.

I thought MM looked so good in relief of Carr that as a Carr dynasty owner I was actually a little concerned for a minute. 

Any player that took less money. Or only signed a 1 or 2 year deal. For ANY team. Is 100% banking on the EXPLOSION of the salary cap. Any player willing to be extended now, on any team, should be done so immediately.   

Mariota was smart.  He’s banking on his next salary. The optics are great. He’ll probably get a 3 year deal, somewhere else, next year.  And it’s great for the raiders. I was dreading going into the season with peterman as the #2. 

Bruno2 said:
I think a little of both....

If someone was willing to take his 10 million up to 20 million then a trade would have happened. Teams have mostly made their moves so the market is dry. 

If he was unhappy, he could have stuck to his guns and got released... someone would have picked him up for at least that amount if not more. 

If he was happy with the team, the system, the coaches, etc.... then being a backup again and seeing if he gets some time to show himself off again could pay off. If not, he becomes a FA at the start of free agency so he can try to get top dollar from a new deal.

Dude. 

Let me guess, as you typed this you had a smirk and was thinking "this should increase Chad's BP by at least 5 points"
His statement isn't any more or less valid than yours. Either or both could be true. Stop assuming anyone who suggests something is less than rose-colored is being disingenuous in order to troll you personally. I see you doing that often in this thread, and it's not healthy for you or this community. You're a great poster, except when you do this.

What do you think the Raiders do at 17?  I dont see Slater or Darrisaw being there.  Would a reach on Teven Jenkins make sense

What do you think the Raiders do at 17?  I dont see Slater or Darrisaw being there.  Wpuld a reach on Teven Jenkins make sense
Jenkins is possible. Gruden and the Raiders like to reach in the 1st round. Other options are T Mayfield, LB Nick Bolton and the wacky Jon Gruden, makes sense only to him pick, would be a guy like WR Kadarius Toney. 

Seriously though, Gruden's best pick thus far is probably Kolton Miller, so my best educated guess is he goes tackle again.

His statement isn't any more or less valid than yours. Either or both could be true. Stop assuming anyone who suggests something is less than rose-colored is being disingenuous in order to troll you personally. I see you doing that often in this thread, and it's not healthy for you or this community. You're a great poster, except when you do this.
It is called humor. Anytime I do that I am laughing and playing with it. I am making fun of the fact that I tend to be positive and many others tend to be negative. If I didn't do it... honestly... with the vast majority of negative posts would drive me away. I sure as hell don't see why poking fun at a few of my Raider brothers and joking around is a negative or makes me less of a poster. I left all the Raider FB groups I was in because of the avalanche of negativity. I care and love you guys so I really don't want to leave. Sure, many of the negative comments are earned. I often wonder if I am too positive in my thinking. But there is a lot of negativity, if I don't make it fun, then I won't be around. Not a threat or anything but an explanation. 

What do you think the Raiders do at 17?  I dont see Slater or Darrisaw being there.  Would a reach on Teven Jenkins make sense
For me, I am not really into my draft prep yet so I don't know. I do hope we have a few more roster changes to make in FA though. I have some thoughts on that that I will try to share later.

It is called humor. Anytime I do that I am laughing and playing with it. I am making fun of the fact that I tend to be positive and many others tend to be negative. If I didn't do it... honestly... with the vast majority of negative posts would drive me away. I sure as hell don't see why poking fun at a few of my Raider brothers and joking around is a negative or makes me less of a poster. I left all the Raider FB groups I was in because of the avalanche of negativity. I care and love you guys so I really don't want to leave. Sure, many of the negative comments are earned. I often wonder if I am too positive in my thinking. But there is a lot of negativity, if I don't make it fun, then I won't be around. Not a threat or anything but an explanation. 
All good, Chad. Tone gets lost in text, and sometimes your posts read as if you lack tolerance for any Raider criticism, as if someone questioning the Raiders is attacking you personally. If there is any reality to that, don't let them ruffle you. Win the debate. Or lose it. But definitely don't stop having it.

Most of all, don't leave - that would be the only way to actually lose. Take a short break if you need, when gets hot. But please don't fall into this God-awful trap of cancelling opposing viewpoints, which has been trending in broader society. There are enough valuable opinions/insights on this board to justify dealing with the occasional Neggy Nells and Hatey Harrys. 

From an outsider’s perspective I only ever see your posts as either positive about the Raiders, self-deprecating humor about your team in their fails (rather than complaints) & friendly jabs as Niner fans (which is a tradition as rich in its history as football itself) 

you’re ok by me, for whatever that’s worth. I appreciate your contributions. 

Honestly the Raiders contingent here is one of the strongest on the forum. I learn a lot from yous guys & appreciate all y’all’s presence here. 

LawFitz said:
All good, Chad. Tone gets lost in text, and sometimes your posts read as if you lack tolerance for any Raider criticism, as if someone questioning the Raiders is attacking you personally. If there is any reality to that, don't let them ruffle you. Win the debate. Or lose it. But definitely don't stop having it.

Most of all, don't leave - that would be the only way to actually lose. Take a short break if you need, when gets hot. But please don't fall into this God-awful trap of cancelling opposing viewpoints, which has been trending in broader society. There are enough valuable opinions/insights on this board to justify dealing with the occasional Neggy Nells and Hatey Harrys. 
I am not into cancel culture or against hearing viewpoints I don't agree with. I like hearing/reading thoughts that are new to me or even different/opposing my viewpoint. 

As much as I love my Raiders I don't take any of it personally...  except when my 7 year told me he isn't a Raider fan but a Steeler fan.... that hurt. Where did I go wrong?! Have I been that horrible at being a father? I mean, I guess I didn't completely fail him... at least he isn't a Chef, Donkey or one of the 10 Dolt fans. At least I still have my 5 year old to carry on the family name. Anyways, that was personal and cut(s) deep. 

The thing that is rough is when the radio station is playing Morrissey and The Smiths non-stop. If you are hearing that all day with no commercial breaks, eventually it is going to be a downer. Then you end up dropping the silver and just dress in black every day. Nobody wants that. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
From an outsider’s perspective I only ever see your posts as either positive about the Raiders, self-deprecating humor about your team in their fails (rather than complaints) & friendly jabs as Niner fans (which is a tradition as rich in its history as football itself) 

you’re ok by me, for whatever that’s worth. I appreciate your contributions. 

Honestly the Raiders contingent here is one of the strongest on the forum. I learn a lot from yous guys & appreciate all y’all’s presence here. 
Aaaawwww, the Niner fan thinks we care what he thinks. That's cute. 

I like Snead more than some - he showed some flashes in NO, and in Baltimore his QB wasn’t big on actually, you know, passing the ball. Better track record of good health than Watkins, who’s been a bit brittle in his career. I think Snead would be a good, cheap option. And hey, as the meme goes, why not both? :shrug:  
We are sniffing around Snead. Coming for a visit. 

I am not into cancel culture or against hearing viewpoints I don't agree with. I like hearing/reading thoughts that are new to me or even different/opposing my viewpoint. 

As much as I love my Raiders I don't take any of it personally...  except when my 7 year told me he isn't a Raider fan but a Steeler fan.... that hurt. Where did I go wrong?! Have I been that horrible at being a father? I mean, I guess I didn't completely fail him... at least he isn't a Chef, Donkey or one of the 10 Dolt fans. At least I still have my 5 year old to carry on the family name. Anyways, that was personal and cut(s) deep. 

The thing that is rough is when the radio station is playing Morrissey and The Smiths non-stop. If you are hearing that all day with no commercial breaks, eventually it is going to be a downer. Then you end up dropping the silver and just dress in black every day. Nobody wants that. 
I went the other way, Chad. I told my kids they could be fans of any team not in the AFC west.

I went the other way, Chad. I told my kids they could be fans of any team not in the AFC west.
I went even further with my 2 boys. I told them they can root for any team as long as it’s not the Broncos. Honestly, I don’t want them to care too much about the Raiders. I’ll take on that burden of fandom on my shoulders and not saddle them with it as well. 

The Raiders have signed Willie Snead to a 1 year deal.  No details on compensation yet. 

That snuck into the news wire while the Dolphins were moving up and down the draft board... Not sure I understand the signing to be honest. 

The Raiders have signed Willie Snead to a 1 year deal.  No details on compensation yet. 

That snuck into the news wire while the Dolphins were moving up and down the draft board... Not sure I understand the signing to be honest. 
And so completes the assembly of our Meh WR corps. 

Users who are viewing this thread