What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Chargers Official 2021 Thread - The Little Team That Couldn't *** (3 Viewers)

I was a fan when they were in SD, but I can't root for an la team. Ever. Luckily the move lifted the curse of rooting for a spanos owned team for most of my life.

Still hate the donkeys, though. Maybe I'll turn in my navy blue for Honolulu blue and get on the Detroit Lions train on the ground floor. IMO Goff isn't nearly as bad as he's portrayed to be but they really don't have any WR's to throw to at the moment. People think their new coach is a problem but can it really get worse? I think Wayne Fontes was the last HC to win a playoff game with Erik Kramer as their starting QB and Brett Perriman as their leading receiver. That was ~30years ago.

Maybe I'll change my user name to Saint Jude. But then people will think I'm rooting for NO.
I don't know if Detroit is a good choice unless you like your team losing a lot.

The Lions hit rock bottom last year on defense, so from that perspective it would be really hard for them to be worse. That doesn't mean they will be good any time soon.

They have Swift and some good players on their offensive line but thats about it right now. I heard someone here saying the Lions defensive line was good and I am like what? Who? They were total trash there last year. They did draft 3 rookie defensive linemen but this was not a very good draft to be doing that.

I'm definitely NOT a charger fan but I'm curious if any of the locals can comment on the spanos family finances. These numbers were discussed on the internet(so they must be true!) and if any of these numbers appear to be wrong please point out the inaccuracies.

spanos "accounting" for the choices that they have made....

- $650mil in debt, because they still haven't paid the fee to transfer out of San Diego after playing hardball in negotiations with the tax payers. You'll show the city of San Diego!

- $353mil in team debt, .... "WTF?" I guess they have been paying for the absolute most expensive team medical professionals that they could find wandering the streets of Tijuana for the past decade or two.

- $75mil in estate taxes, and people are worried that it's the taxes that is going to part the remora children of their ancestors hard work..... barely a drop in the bucket in this list of absurdity.

- $22mil in DEFAULTED CHARITY CONTRIBUTIONS, jfc spanos family.... always keeping it classy.

- $11mil in TEAM LOSSES PER YEAR! We have found a group of people so dumb they have no idea how to make a profit by owning an NFL team and cashing network television checks. They had a tree growing money in their back yard so they set it ablaze and it caught their house on fire. Somebody please hand them a full gas can to dowse out the flames.

Now, I'm not a billionaire so I must not be as smart as a spanos but by my math they are over a billion dollars in the hole. Well, let's make this a capitol Billion. Is it possible that these numbers are off and this family isn't a group of bungling idiots? I genuinely feel bad for Herbert. Fouts career was wasted by bad ownership. Then Rivers. You're turn kid. I don't blame Dea for wanting to sell before her brothers drive the debts of this franchise above it's "value". When people throw around the "value" of a team I'm pretty sure that's assuming competent ownership. In a market that has at least some interest in supporting it. And playing in a stadium you at least have some stake in(or a tiny, broken down soccer stadium that your franchise struggles to fill..... whichever is better). The team may have "value" in the hands of..... almost ANYONE else..... but based on these numbers the Chargers are apparently costing the spanos family money out of pocket.

From the family that brought you, "THEY HATE THAT NEW LA LOGO!". Who could have possibly known that this wasn't a good idea!? Don't feel sorry for what is happening to this family either. There's a good chance none of them will remember pissing all this away in a few years anyway. Always a silver lining, I suppose. They won't remember how this all went down. But we will.
I was happy to read about the discord between the family,  but I will be shocked to see any ownership changes any time soon.  Sure would be nice though. 

Some thoughts from the 1st preseason game vs. the Rams this weekend.

Still problems on the punt coverage team, not a good sign there, though its early yet.

Vizcaino looked solid, though he didn't have any long attempts. It would appear Badgley is in a real fight for his spot.

Jason Moore, WR stood out for me on offense showing great hands on all his targets. It's his 3rd year with the team, though I'd never noticed him before (didn't get any targets in any regular season games in 2020). Probably just a preseason flash in the pan there.

Rumph looked pretty dynamic on defense. He seems raw, and was out of position a few times, but he looks like he could make some plays in the front 7.

Josh Palmer, WR was solid, but not spectacular. As expected it's his size more than his speed that was on display, he did a good job of securing his targets too.

Larry Roundtree, RB had a nice game. If he keeps it up I think he'll supplant Kelly or Jackson on the roster.

Anyone else watch?

I was only able to watch the first half. 

Good points above, but I find it really hard to gauge anything knowing that the rams benched like their top 35 players.  

The issues with special teams were especially frustrating.  I agree it is only preseason,  so I won't dwell on it but I mean...it was a huge issue last season.  They really need to work on it or I am going to go through 20 remote controls this season. 

Chargers picked up FA Davin Bellamy, OLB. Seems like just a training camp kick the tires. Anyone know anything about him?

Also Vizcaino has been outperforming Badgley so far - practices as well as the one game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chargers picked up FA Davin Bellamy, OLB. Seems like just a training camp kick the tires. Anyone know anything about him?

Also Vizcaino has been outperforming Badgley so far - practices as well as the one game.

IMO Bellamy is a camp body.

IMO Vizcaino will be the Chargers starting PK.

OK Charger homers, and people that follow the team closely.

I'm all over AUSTIN EKELER  this year in re-drafts.  The question is, in the real high powered offenses, I tend to handcuff the running backs where appropriate.

I have not seen any Charger games this preseason so I am just guessing, but the cuff to own here is either Josh Kelley or Justin Jackson.

I'm leaning Kelley from what I've seen and read.

Anyone got any insight????

TZM

I don't think I view any of the backups as a cuff. I would say Jackson,  but he can't even stay healthy in a time share role.  As soon as he's called on for anything more than occasional runs he gets injured.  Kelley is Ok,  but just that...ok. If Ekeler goes down we'll see other guys get their shot.  Shoot it could be Roundtree. 

Well, that last pre-season game was a tough watch. I think in terms of personnel used by both sides, amount of gameplan shown, etc. it's hard to make many definitive statements, but there are a few things that seem evident.

Still a problem at K. Vizcaino only had one attempt and missed it, the offense couldn't generate any other opportunities.

The rest of special teams still looks like a problem too.

It seems depth will be an issue at many position groups, particularly OL. This to me is inexcusable at this point and is solely Telesco's fault. If the team underachieves again because the OL falls apart through injury (and they have a couple guys close to/one the wrong side of 30, so injuries wouldn't exactly be a surprise), they should really re-examine Telesco's future with the team. I mean, Pipkins  :X ...

He's also saying they're going with 3 qbs. Why?  Neither Daniels or Stick are that great - you could probably get similar talent off the waiver wire if something happened to Herbert. Granted they'd have to spin up with the Chargers' offense, but given the depth problems elsewhere, that 3rd qb roster spot is better used on a different position. If Herbert's out any significant amount of time, their playoff chances are probably gone anyway - the 3rd QB isn't going to save the season.

McKitty got outplayed by Anderson (granted limited reps for both), making that reach look even worse than it did on draft day.

Rumph did o.k.

Any guesses as to the 53? Any other insights into what we saw in presesaon?

My guess on final 53:

QB (3) - Herbert, Daniel, Stick

IMO they should keep Daniel and release Stick; if Stick then passes through waivers, which I would expect, they can re-sign him to the PS. But unfortunately I think they will keep both on the final roster.

RB (3) - Ekeler, Kelley, Rountree

I assume they will put Jackson on some form of IR to open the season, and I assume they will sign Bradwell to the PS. It's tough to project who they would release if they activate Jackson at some point; I would hope WR Hill, but odds are that an injury will make the decision easier.

FB (0) - 

IMO keeping 3 QBs and the need to keep 6 WRs and 4 TEs eliminates the possibility of keeping Nabers. And I don't think they will miss him.

WR (6) - Allen, Williams, Guyton, Palmer, Johnson, Hill

I don't think they should keep Hill, but I think they will. I can't see him contributing meaningful value either as a WR or on special teams. It's unfortunate that Reed got hurt and didn't show enough to give himself a stronger shot.

TE (4) - Cook, Parham, McKitty, Anderson

IMO McKitty was a reach, and it was obvious at the time and now that the team should have used that pick on OL. But I don't see any chance they release a healthy 2021 3rd round pick. Anderson has to make it, because he is both better than McKitty and more well rounded than Parham, and he was a special teams ace last season.

OL (9) - LT Slater, LG Feiler, C Linsley, RG Aboushi, RT Bulaga, C/G Quessenberry, G/T Jaimes, T Norton, T Pipkins

I'm fine with all of this except Pipkins, who should absolutely be released. Would like to see the team claim some other team's released OL to replace him, but I have zero confidence that Telesco will do it. Supposedly there is a good candidate in T Tyrell Crosby, who played with Herbert at Oregon and was waived/injured by Detroit. His PFF grade at T was better than Bulaga's last season and much better than Pipkins'. Depends on status of his hamstring. But there have to be many other candidates better than Pipkins...

IDL (6) - Joseph, Tillery, Jones, Covington, Broughton, Fehoko

I could see Merrill instead of Fehoko. Either way, this group seems likely to be considerably improved under the new coaching staff.

Edge (4) - Bosa, Fackrell, Nwosu, Rumph

No controversy here IMO.

LB (5) - Murray, White, Tranquill, Niemann, Ogbongberniga

Ogbongberniga earned a spot in camp. The others are all easy calls.

CB (6) - Davis, Harris, Samuel, Facyson, Campbell, Smith

If Smith opens the season on the IR, I think Hall makes it in his place. I suppose he has a chance to make it over Campbell, too, but I doubt it.

S (4) - James, Adderley, Gilman, Webb

No controversy here IMO.

PK (1) - Vizcaino

This is very close between Vizcaino and Badgley, and I could see it going either way, but Vizcaino has a stronger leg and should perform better on kickoffs, so I'm guessing that will give him the nod.

P (1) - Long

No other choice.

LS (1) - Overton

Mazza is hurt, making this easy.

It seems depth will be an issue at many position groups, particularly OL. This to me is inexcusable at this point and is solely Telesco's fault. If the team underachieves again because the OL falls apart through injury (and they have a couple guys close to/one the wrong side of 30, so injuries wouldn't exactly be a surprise), they should really re-examine Telesco's future with the team. I mean, Pipkins  :X ...

I agree this is an issue and agree it is Telesco's (and John Spanos's) fault. I think Pipkins should be released, as I posted above. However, it's not going to be as bad as it was in the preseason when all of the offensive starters were generally held out. Hopefully, there will never be reason to play more than 1-2 backup OL together at one time, and the coaches will be able to adjust playcalling (e.g., RB/TE help) to help those backups, which they purposely did not do in preseason.

I agree this is an issue and agree it is Telesco's (and John Spanos's) fault. I think Pipkins should be released, as I posted above. However, it's not going to be as bad as it was in the preseason when all of the offensive starters were generally held out. Hopefully, there will never be reason to play more than 1-2 backup OL together at one time, and the coaches will be able to adjust playcalling (e.g., RB/TE help) to help those backups, which they purposely did not do in preseason.
That's my hope too. I guess the specter of seasons past make me skeptical our hopes will prove out, we've been kicked so many times before...

You did a great assessment of the 53 too. :thumbup:

It'll be fun to see the starters actually play week 1, I'm sure there will be some rust, just want to see everyone come through it basically healthy.

OK Charger homers, and people that follow the team closely.

I'm all over AUSTIN EKELER  this year in re-drafts.  The question is, in the real high powered offenses, I tend to handcuff the running backs where appropriate.

I have not seen any Charger games this preseason so I am just guessing, but the cuff to own here is either Josh Kelley or Justin Jackson.

I'm leaning Kelley from what I've seen and read.

Anyone got any insight????

TZM
dont bother cuffing anyone of those guys

This had to be a frustrating pre-season for people trying to make sense of some of the Chargers' players for FF purposes.

Initial cuts ahead of the deadline today:

Players waived are outside linebacker Davin Bellamy, linebacker Nate Evans, wide receiver John Hurst, offensive tackle Darius Harper, tight end Matt Sokol, defensive lineman Willie Yarbary, outside linebacker Jessie Lemonier, and cornerbacks Donte Vaughn and KJ Sails.

The two players being waived/injured are long snapper Cole Mazza and offensive guard Tyree St. Louis.

Surprised we haven't heard about any RB moves or cuts yet.  You'd think if they were going to put Jackson on IR or PUP they'd do it by now.  Judging from Fouts on the telecast it won't be a shocker to see Kelley getting cut.  Maybe they are trying to trade him for a late conditional pick or something. 

Here's the 53:

Offense (26)

Quarterbacks (3): Justin Herbert, Chase Daniel, Easton Stick

Running Backs (4): Austin Ekeler, Justin Jackson, Larry Rountree, Joshua Kelley

Fullback (1): Gabe Nabers

Wide Receivers (5): Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Josh Palmer, Jalen Guyton, K.J. Hill

Tight End (4): Jared Cook, Donald Parham, Tre’ McKitty, Stephen Anderson

Offensive Linemen (9): Rashawn Slater, Matt Feiler, Corey Linsley, Oday Aboushi, Bryan Bulaga, Trey Pipkins, Storm Norton, Scott Quessenberry, Brenden Jaimes

Defense (25)

Defensive Linemen (5): Linval Joseph, Jerry Tillery, Justin Jones, Christian Covington, Forrest Merrill

Edge Rushers (4): Joey Bosa, Uchenna Nwosu, Kyler Fackrell, Chris Rumph II

Linebackers (5): Kenneth Murray Jr., Drue Tranquill, Kyzir White, Nick Niemann, Amen Ogbongbemiga

Cornerbacks (6) Chris Harris Jr., Asante Samuel Jr., Michael Davis, Brandon Facyson, Kemon Hall, Tevaughn Campbell

Safeties (4): Derwin James, Nasir Adderley, Alohi Gilman, Mark Webb

Special Teams (3)

K Tristan Vizcaino

P Ty Long

LS Matt Overton

Badgley out. 3 QBs. They kept Nabers at FB and went with just 5 WR, losing Tyron Johnson.

Biggest travesty: ####### Pipkins is still on the team. Hopefully that's temporary until they can pick up an actual OL from from the players jettisoned from other teams today.

QB (3) - Herbert, Daniel, Stick

IMO they should keep Daniel and release Stick; if Stick then passes through waivers, which I would expect, they can re-sign him to the PS. But unfortunately I think they will keep both on the final roster.

TE (4) - Cook, Parham, McKitty, Anderson

IMO McKitty was a reach, and it was obvious at the time and now that the team should have used that pick on OL. But I don't see any chance they release a healthy 2021 3rd round pick. Anderson has to make it, because he is both better than McKitty and more well rounded than Parham, and he was a special teams ace last season.

OL (9) - LT Slater, LG Feiler, C Linsley, RG Aboushi, RT Bulaga, C/G Quessenberry, G/T Jaimes, T Norton, T Pipkins

I'm fine with all of this except Pipkins, who should absolutely be released. Would like to see the team claim some other team's released OL to replace him, but I have zero confidence that Telesco will do it. Supposedly there is a good candidate in T Tyrell Crosby, who played with Herbert at Oregon and was waived/injured by Detroit. His PFF grade at T was better than Bulaga's last season and much better than Pipkins'. Depends on status of his hamstring. But there have to be many other candidates better than Pipkins...

Edge (4) - Bosa, Fackrell, Nwosu, Rumph

No controversy here IMO.

LB (5) - Murray, White, Tranquill, Niemann, Ogbongberniga

Ogbongberniga earned a spot in camp. The others are all easy calls.

S (4) - James, Adderley, Gilman, Webb

No controversy here IMO.

PK (1) - Vizcaino

This is very close between Vizcaino and Badgley, and I could see it going either way, but Vizcaino has a stronger leg and should perform better on kickoffs, so I'm guessing that will give him the nod.

P (1) - Long

No other choice.

LS (1) - Overton

Mazza is hurt, making this easy.

Got all of these positions right.

RB (3) - Ekeler, Kelley, Rountree

I assume they will put Jackson on some form of IR to open the season, and I assume they will sign Bradwell to the PS. It's tough to project who they would release if they activate Jackson at some point; I would hope WR Hill, but odds are that an injury will make the decision easier.

Jackson did not open the season on IR, but I essentially got this right, given I expected him back.

FB (0) - 

IMO keeping 3 QBs and the need to keep 6 WRs and 4 TEs eliminates the possibility of keeping Nabers. And I don't think they will miss him.

Mildly surprised Nabers made it. I knew that OC Lombardi and passing game coordinator Day came from offenses that valued the FB position, I just didn't think they would keep a poor FB over a good player at another position, when they were also keeping 4 TEs, including 2 players (Anderson and McKitty) who could reasonably be expected to play H-back and fill some of that role.

WR (6) - Allen, Williams, Guyton, Palmer, Johnson, Hill

I don't think they should keep Hill, but I think they will. I can't see him contributing meaningful value either as a WR or on special teams. It's unfortunate that Reed got hurt and didn't show enough to give himself a stronger shot.

I am stunned that Johnson was released. Stunned. He was ridiculously good in a small sample last season. I expect he will be on some team's active roster very soon, and I think it was a mistake to keep Hill over Johnson. I will be surprised if Hill makes a positive contribution on offense or special teams. He certainly didn't last year. I hope I'm wrong.

IDL (6) - Joseph, Tillery, Jones, Covington, Broughton, Fehoko

I could see Merrill instead of Fehoko. Either way, this group seems likely to be considerably improved under the new coaching staff.

I mentioned that I could see Merrill over Fehoko, so that isn't a surprise, but I am surprised Broughton was released. I hope he makes it to the practice squad, in which case I think he will play snaps this season.

CB (6) - Davis, Harris, Samuel, Facyson, Campbell, Smith

If Smith opens the season on the IR, I think Hall makes it in his place. I suppose he has a chance to make it over Campbell, too, but I doubt it.

I got this one right, since Smith is on the COVID list and Hall made it.

So I missed on RB Jackson, FB Nabers, and DT Merrill making it and WR Johnson, DT Broughton, and DT Fehoko being released. Pretty close.

I'm bothered by Hill over Johnson but can live with the rest. I'm hoping some more changes are coming, most notably a Pipkins replacement.

Here's the 53:

Badgley out. 3 QBs. They kept Nabers at FB and went with just 5 WR, losing Tyron Johnson.

Biggest travesty: ####### Pipkins is still on the team. Hopefully that's temporary until they can pick up an actual OL from from the players jettisoned from other teams today.

So do they have an exemption for one of these guys? I didn't go through and count,  but it says 26, 25 and 3. Why 54?

Just Win Baby said:
The cuts were reportedly DT Merrill and CB Facyson. 

Tyron Johnson was the #1 waiver claim in the league. And the Chiefs signed DT Broughton to their practice squad. ☹️
The Johnson thing is a real headscratcher at this point in time. You've already covered how Hill and Guyton aren't good enough at ST to merit keeping them instead of Johnson. Then of course there are the other seemingly bad keeps like Nabers, Kelly/Jackson, etc.

The Johnson thing is a real headscratcher at this point in time. You've already covered how Hill and Guyton aren't good enough at ST to merit keeping them instead of Johnson. Then of course there are the other seemingly bad keeps like Nabers, Kelly/Jackson, etc.
Yeah it is strange.  There's gotta be something else going on.  Just doesn't make sense. 

12 players signed to the practice squad:

WR Michael Bandy

DE Joe Gaziano

RB Darius Bradwell

OG Nate Gilliam

LB Cole Christiansen

OG Ryan Hunter

S Ben DeLuca

TE Hunter Kampmoyer

LB Emeke Egbule

WR Jason Moore Jr.

DT Breiden Fehoko

WR Joe Reed

Two more practice squad adds:

CB Brandon Facyson

DT Forrest Merrill

I think they have 2 spots open now, but they'll keep the 16th use on of those on a roster change when Ryan Smith is off the covid list.

Seems like they're really keeping Pipkins. One offensive lineman total on the practice squad. Unbelievable. :rant:

The Panthers swiped CB John Brannon from the Chargers' practice squad.

The Chargers protected these 4 players on the practice squad this week:

RB Darius Bradwell

DL Joe Gaziano

WR Jason Moore

CB Brandon Facyson

Bulaga is off the injury report. :clap:

Ekeler is questionable.  Maybe we'll get some Roundtree action on Sunday, or more action than planned anyway.

Not completely sharp all the way around, but you've got to feel good about a week 1 win on the road with an east coast start time.

First and foremost, happy with the win. Great to start 1-0, and great to win a one possession game after going 7-16 in such games over the past two seasons. Especially gratifying to win a game cross country with early start time against a 2020 playoff team. :thumbup:  

Things I particularly liked:

• The passing game looked sharp. I expect Allen to play well, but Williams and Cook looked really good, too. The offensive playcalling seemed good.
  • The OL looked improved even though Bulaga went down (AGAIN) with a back injury. It seemed the quick passing game helped, and Pipkins came in at TE a number of times to help... and maybe he can be serviceable in that role. I am cautiously optimistic that the Chargers OL might actually be in the middle of the pack this season rather than at the bottom.
  • Vizcaino was perfect on the day.
  • With the possible exception of Bulaga, I'm not aware of any serious injuries. I haven't seen any news about him. Offseason priority: replace him at RT.
All that said, I don't think that effort will be good enough to win most of the remaining games on the schedule:

• Most opponents won't lose their starting QB early in the second quarter. I certainly don't think it is a given the Chargers would have won the game if Fitzpatrick played the entire game. IMO it is hard to evaluate the pass defense given the sudden QB change plus Samuel's absence, leaving WFT dependent on rookie WR Dyami Brown, who otherwise would have had a smaller role.
  • They need to clean up the penalties. I'm annoyed with Bosa over the personal foul penalties. He is a veteran being paid as one of the top players at his position in the league. He absolutely cannot gift the opponent a field goal and momentum to close out the first half, and he has to know the rules about initiating contact below the waist. Come on, man. :penalty:  
  • The Chargers rushing game (3.1 ypc) was not good. I'm willing to assume this is due to the quality of the WFT DL, plus the fact that it was the first game for the new OL to play together, so hopefully this will be better going forward.
  • The punt and kick coverage still need improvement. In the big picture, if they clean up the other stuff, I can live with this one.

I don't think Fitzpatrick would have done much better than Heinicke. :shrug:   The larger point though is, they're going to see better QBs than either of those guys for a lot of the schedule, so the D performance yesterday might not be completely indicative of things to come.

Was it a fumble?

First and foremost, happy with the win. Great to start 1-0, and great to win a one possession game after going 7-16 in such games over the past two seasons. Especially gratifying to win a game cross country with early start time against a 2020 playoff team. :thumbup:  

Things I particularly liked:

• The passing game looked sharp. I expect Allen to play well, but Williams and Cook looked really good, too. The offensive playcalling seemed good.
  • The OL looked improved even though Bulaga went down (AGAIN) with a back injury. It seemed the quick passing game helped, and Pipkins came in at TE a number of times to help... and maybe he can be serviceable in that role. I am cautiously optimistic that the Chargers OL might actually be in the middle of the pack this season rather than at the bottom.
  • Vizcaino was perfect on the day.
  • With the possible exception of Bulaga, I'm not aware of any serious injuries. I haven't seen any news about him. Offseason priority: replace him at RT.
All that said, I don't think that effort will be good enough to win most of the remaining games on the schedule:

• Most opponents won't lose their starting QB early in the second quarter. I certainly don't think it is a given the Chargers would have won the game if Fitzpatrick played the entire game. IMO it is hard to evaluate the pass defense given the sudden QB change plus Samuel's absence, leaving WFT dependent on rookie WR Dyami Brown, who otherwise would have had a smaller role.
  • They need to clean up the penalties. I'm annoyed with Bosa over the personal foul penalties. He is a veteran being paid as one of the top players at his position in the league. He absolutely cannot gift the opponent a field goal and momentum to close out the first half, and he has to know the rules about initiating contact below the waist. Come on, man. :penalty:  
  • The Chargers rushing game (3.1 ypc) was not good. I'm willing to assume this is due to the quality of the WFT DL, plus the fact that it was the first game for the new OL to play together, so hopefully this will be better going forward.
  • The punt and kick coverage still need improvement. In the big picture, if they clean up the other stuff, I can live with this one.
I agree with all of this. I expect WFT to be a top 10ish defense,  so I was happy with the way the offense moved the ball against them. 

And that fumble call was awful.  No way it was.  And to call it confirmed by replay was worse.  

The defense held up well for  the most part against a weak offense. Only 133 passing yards and 259 total yards would have probably been good for a blowout when you compare to Charger offense.  But those penalties and turnovers were killers.  Uhhhg the Bosa foul at the half.  Ugly. 

Well the defense will definitely be tested this weekend.  Hopefully some of our own fans show up.  I was actually surprised by how many charger fans were there vs WFT.

Good week to host Dallas:

• DE Lawrence broke his foot yesterday and is out for several weeks; and it just happened so Dallas was unable to game plan for this before today
  • DE Gregory was just placed on the COVID list, and will presumably miss the game
  • WR3 Gallup was moved to IR this week
  • RT Collins was just suspended this week for 5 games
  • They even lost assistant coach Leon Lett yesterday to a knee injury that will require surgery
This is a huge opportunity for the Chargers to start 2-0 for the first time since 2012. 

Good week to host Dallas:

• DE Lawrence broke his foot yesterday and is out for several weeks; and it just happened so Dallas was unable to game plan for this before today
  • DE Gregory was just placed on the COVID list, and will presumably miss the game
  • WR3 Gallup was moved to IR this week
  • RT Collins was just suspended this week for 5 games
  • They even lost assistant coach Leon Lett yesterday to a knee injury that will require surgery
This is a huge opportunity for the Chargers to start 2-0 for the first time since 2012. 

Yes. We need all of this.  After watching how the NYG oline held up against the WFT defense I am a little less excited about how the Chargers did against them. I still like it,  but just a little bit less.  Probably too much cynicism built up. 

Looking forward to see how they do.  Definitely one they can win.

Users who are viewing this thread