What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Man of Constant Sorrow has passed away (1 Viewer)

ohhh man.  super nice guy ...I knew he had some health issues, but had no idea they were something that could take his life so soon.  
A lot of times, when someone from FBG passes on ... there's some diminishing of board activity in advance. Maybe some board discussion about health issues. Just sort of an unspoken heads-up.

I mean, Man of Constant Sorrow was just here. Posting just this week.

I don't know him IRL like Adam, but at least on this forum Man of Constant Sorrow has been the model of the stand-up kind of thoughtful guy that keeps places like this worth coming back to over and over. As opposed to rolling in the mud, he always sought a higher level. And now it looks like he has made it there.

Recquiescat in pace.

Those of us in the horse racing threads remember him well. He even posted a Derby Week photo of him and his friends dressed up in their Derby finest. Rare for me to actually see one of you fine folks. He will be missed.
We gotta dig up the video of him dancing and falling down on Derby weekend.  Rare is the fellow that can laugh at himself in hopes that his laughter will be contagious.  He was a very positive and kind presence on these boards and will be sorely missed.  RIP Man.  :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God. I'm so sorry, Adam. I suppose you might, for whatever reason, know Tom was a friend in real life to me from these boards.
I did. I tried to PM you just to make sure you saw but PMs weren’t working.

I still need to discuss with the rest of the league what we’re planning on doing going forward. Most of the rest of the guys have been playing with Tom for as long as I have. But if they’re okay with it and you’re still interested, I’d love to offer you his spot. I think he’d have liked that.

There may or may not be a dispersal draft, but I do feel since we’re on a fantasy football board and all it’s worth noting that Tom built himself a *team*. Lamar, Henry, Cook, Davante, Lockett, Woods, Kelce, Ravens. The guy could play.

I met him on a long-defunct forum for a video game (Baldur’s Gate 2).
Sorry for your (and all our) loss and I echo the thoughts of others. I'd noticed he had been posting less. As an aside, Baldur's Gate 2 is a great game. Shows good taste there. Back in high school, we would just stay up all night playing through it with friends. Has anyone played the latest one out?

I recieved a text about this notification.  It brought me back.

MOCS was a warm fellow of great and good humor.  A few years back he contacted me to ask whether he could publish some of my stories or comments from this site in a compliation he was working on of internet posts he found interesting.  Naturally I agree as he was considerate enough to make an inquiry.  We exchanged a few messages privately and I was always impressed by his abidding humanity.  The news of his passing has left me sadddened.  I will try to concentrate on the enrichment he provided while he was here.  RIP you Soggy Bottom Boy.

I wonder whether he ever completed that project.

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends. 

He would drop into most of the music draft threads and always had interesting contributions. 

He will be missed. RIP. 

From all the comments I wish I had got to know him more other than the occasional comment in one of the music drafts.

A sad day for his family here and in real life. RIP MocS😢

a genuinely eccentric, delightful & hearty friend. he added a forum to his Wizard Eye thhingy so i would have somewhere to be reached by my lifecoach peeps if i had to quit FFA and was a willing ear (and constant bother) to all whom he loved. he talked more about his Mom's health (and his ffb team's) than his own lately and i am truly gobsmacked to hear this

few are the folks who can keep the child inside and still be true. your value lives on within me, Tom. RIP -

RIP GB Tom.  We had so much fun in the Beatles thread. I'm glad I got to know you there.

One of the few that always made this a better place.  Will miss you til I join you. 

Very saddened to hear this news. MoCS, Tom, will be missed but not forgotten.

Thank you Adam, and others, for your stories and tributes.

simey said:
I posted it in a music thread last night. MoCS boogying down  💃
❤️

This reminds me...I'm pretty sure he made a video for me when I got laid off, donning a scarf and acting silly and saying kind supportive thing for his internet friend floppy in a perceived moment of need. I have no idea where to begin finding that video, but would love to see it. :(

brun said:
Didn't know or interact with him but always appreciated his posts. RIP
Same.   You learn to make sure to read the posts from some posters here even if you are not interested in the subject.  MOCS was one of those posters.   He seemed like such a character and smart from his writing.   He certainly did have a stacked fantasy team. 

Condolences to his family and friends.   

Hit my early 40's and have not been putting myself in the best health positions in recent years.  I have seen WAY too many people around me pass away after just 'not feeling well'.  It absolutely terrifies me to the core.  :(

Didn't know him, but condolences to all who did.

RIP Man of Constant Sorrow. I see from that video Simey shared that he was truly as positive of a person in real life as his character on these boards.  He will be missed. 

here he is on Ky Oaks day 2019
"My breath was taken away. I told her - thru the wall - you have beautiful toes."  🤣

OMG -- he's *exactly* who you'd think from his posts!  Quirky, fun, warm, unfiltered. 

I think most people would seem different, and I definitely think people who met me IRL would have a hard time connecting me to my posts here.

@Sinn Fein asked me to bump this for him and wishes he was here to pass on his feelings more. :(
checked his gallery of that occasion for pix. plenty of @Sinn Fein (light blue shirt), none of Tom. he was verrrrry taken with Bootyjudge campaign mgr Liz Smith - spent a day trying to convince me that he liked the blurriness of the shots.............................miss him already  :kicksrock:

Man, one of the nicest, maybe the nicest, posters on this board. Almost always entertaining and a good read. Condolences to friends, family.

😢

God Bless you, Tom. and RIP GB, MoCS. I didn't know you well, but will remember you fondly and with great respect and love.

My prayers and condolences to all of his family and close friends, and all of us here in the FFA that will miss his wit and charm. And many thanks to those sharing pics and videos.

Users who are viewing this thread