What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (6 Viewers)

Gov. Northam has shown you just have to hang on long enough for the headlines to move on.  I have my doubts Cuomo survives this but I'd have also taken long odds against Northam surviving and yet here we are.
There's no reason (other than inaction by the state legislature) that he shouldn't have been removed.  One of the most bizarre events I ever watched unfold.  Leadership may have been consistent there, but they definitely dropped the ball.  

How long ago do you think Cawthorn was in college?

I think the best thing is Cuomo to go, but it one party isn't going to hold their people accountable, then I don't think either party should. 

There's already one party doing it
People who think like massraider are the biggest problem today in politics. Let's stop this "Well they do it". Or we will never heal this divided country.

Oh and today I overheard a very well educated lawyer talking about Cuomo and how it "was a set up by Donald Trump Jr".

The swarm is growing.   Don`t see how Cuomo survives with Dems calling for him to step down.

ALBANY, N.Y.—A growing number of New York lawmakers called for Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign his office after a third woman accused him of inappropriate behavior.

U.S. Rep. Kathleen Rice, of Long Island, became one of the highest-profile New York Democrats to call for Mr. Cuomo to step down. She issued a statement on Twitter on Monday night after the New York Times published a photograph showing the governor touching the cheeks of 33-year-old Anna Ruch at a wedding reception in 2019.

Ms. Ruch, who has worked for Democratic candidates, said Mr. Cuomo tried to kiss her. She didn’t return calls seeking comment and a spokesman for Mr. Cuomo didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment. Two former female aides to Mr. Cuomo have also accused him of sexual harassment.

Other New York Democrats, including Assemblywoman Jessica González-Rojas, State Sens. Gustavo Rivera and Jessica Ramos and New York City Councilman Brad Lander, have also called for his resignation in the past week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Democrats want him out just as much as Republicans because that gives them a chance in next year's election. If he stays, there is a higher chance we have a Republican governor next year.
There is no way there is a republican governor in NY.  You need a very moderate rpublican that would distance himself from Trump/national republicans.  Unfortuantely, the republican party in ny has only gotten more conservative/Trumpian in last few years so they will nominate someone with no chance in hell.  

As a NY resident the only hope is that Democrats don't nominate some crazy person.  Chance of that is also unlikely and for all hatred of Cuomo who honestly is not a very liberal democrat.  

She issued a statement on Twitter on Monday night after the New York Times published a photograph showing the governor touching the cheeks of 33-year-old Anna Ruch at a wedding reception in 2019.
video's abound of creepy Joe Biden doing that to young girls though so ....

The swarm is growing.   Don`t see how Cuomo survives with Dems calling for him to step down.

ALBANY, N.Y.—A growing number of New York lawmakers called for Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign his office after a third woman accused him of inappropriate behavior.

U.S. Rep. Kathleen Rice, of Long Island, became one of the highest-profile New York Democrats to call for Mr. Cuomo to step down. She issued a statement on Twitter on Monday night after the New York Times published a photograph showing the governor touching the cheeks of 33-year-old Anna Ruch at a wedding reception in 2019.

Ms. Ruch, who has worked for Democratic candidates, said Mr. Cuomo tried to kiss her. She didn’t return calls seeking comment and a spokesman for Mr. Cuomo didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment. Two former female aides to Mr. Cuomo have also accused him of sexual harassment.

Other New York Democrats, including Assemblywoman Jessica González-Rojas, State Sens. Gustavo Rivera and Jessica Ramos and New York City Councilman Brad Lander, have also called for his resignation in the past week.
He should resign based on his handling and lying of the elderly COVID patients.

This BS about pronouncing someone guilty before innocence with sexualt assault claims is ludicrous.  It very well may be that he did do this, but let's find out the facts first instead of this #believeAllWomen nonsense.  Unless, of course, he's freely admitted to doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The NY Legislature is preparing to revoke emergency powers. NYC will revert back to local control.

Meanwhile we're just adopting Governor Phil Murphy of NJ until we can get rid of this guy.

NJ:

Internet gambling, check.

Legal recreational cannabis, check.

There's the whole "can't pump your own gas" thing but we'll look past that for now.

The NY Legislature is preparing to revoke emergency powers. NYC will revert back to local control.

Meanwhile we're just adopting Governor Phil Murphy of NJ until we can get rid of this guy.

NJ:

Internet gambling, check.

Legal recreational cannabis, check.

There's the whole "can't pump your own gas" thing but we'll look past that for now.
Oregon:  Legalized sports gambling, legalized weed, medical shrooms, decriminalized hard drugs.  Can't pump our gas either.  Starting to think maybe that's a good thing for our states. ;)

But here’s the point- if he refuses to resign what then? Will the heavily Democratic state of New York recall him? I doubt it. Would they impeach him? (Not even sure they have the means for that). 
What Northrup demonstrated is that if you hold your ground it’s very difficult to remove you. 
Virginia state legislature could have done the right thing and removed him.  He had NO power there.  Leadership decided to hide behind "it needs to be bi-partisan" and punted on removing him.  

This is getting ridiculous, just get him out. Now he’s claiming he didn’t know the behavior was wrong. No you just didn’t think anyone would say anything. Can they do a recall election or is that just a California thing?

"If they were offended, I apologize.

If they were hurt, I apologize.

If they felt pain, I apologize.

I apologize."

Big fan of the "IF"  :thumbup:

Nothing delights me like a passive apology. I'm sorry for any pain that my actions led someone to have.

Too much. Just stand your ground. Lots of people that think these hunts go too far. I'm more worried about his cover-ups and lies about the nursing homes. That cost people their lives, probably unnecessarily. This only distracts from the more serious issue.

Nothing delights me like a passive apology. I'm sorry for any pain that my actions led someone to have.

Too much. Just stand your ground. Lots of people that think these hunts go too far. I'm more worried about his cover-ups and lies about the nursing homes. That cost people their lives, probably unnecessarily. This only distracts from the more serious issue.
Exactly. 

Hes a creep but what he did to those women wasn't the end of the world. It distracts from the nursing home issue which is much worse imo.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1367181767786917888

Gov. Cuomo apologizes for "whatever pain I caused anyone." He says: "I never touched anyone inappropriately. I never knew, at the time, that I was making anyone feel uncomfortable." He is not resigning.
So let’s replay the last several months/years

1) the governor makes in appropriate comments to countless women even in front of his teenage daughter.

2). Covers up his moronic policy of sending covid positive patients into nursing homes 

3) threatened another politician even from same party.

End result...  nothing...  

I love that this is the new out for the cancellers, “we wanted our guy out too but couldn’t get him to do it. “. 😂
Lol it’s not meant to be an out. It was an honest question. If the guy refuses to resign (and apparently he does) what is plan B? 

I’ve always wondered what would have happened if Nixon had said, “#### you, impeach me. I’m not resigning.” Would they have really gone through with it? 

Cuomo won't resign and the Dems won't remove him. His blanket non-apology covered him for any future victims coming forward. Dude is staying put.

Cuomo won't resign and the Dems won't remove him. His blanket non-apology covered him for any future victims coming forward. Dude is staying put.
I don't live in NY, so I'm not up on state procedures.  Serious question: what are the options here, legally?

I read earlier in the thread that NY does not have a recall provision like CA.  I'll assume that is correct.  Is impeachment an option?

I don't live in NY, so I'm not up on state procedures.  Serious question: what are the options here, legally?

I read earlier in the thread that NY does not have a recall provision like CA.  I'll assume that is correct.  Is impeachment an option?
I’ve asked this question several times now. They won’t answer, probably because they don’t know and don’t really care either. It’s much easier to post that “Democrats won’t remove him.” 

I’ve asked this question several times now. They won’t answer, probably because they don’t know and don’t really care either. It’s much easier to post that “Democrats won’t remove him.” 
let me do your homework for you 

Recall

Unlike California, New York has no legal procedure for recalling elected officials midstream. A serious effort to create such a process was instigated by Pataki, who pushed a state Constitutional amendment in 2002 to allow for popular referendums. The idea was promptly nuked by crooked then-Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver.

Other Albany lawmakers have attempted to create a recall system over the years. In 2013, GOP Assemblyman James Tedisco pushed a bill that received no support from his Democratic colleagues.
Impeachment

If Cuomo is convicted, Hochul would take over as governor and serve the remainder of Cuomo’s current term. She’d have to run for governor in the 2022 election if she wanted a four-year term of her own. Hochul would also take over and serve the rest of Cuomo’s term if he resigns.

Regardless, neither of these, or him voluntarily stepping down look like a possibility 

The New York constitution, originally adopted in 1777, provides for impeachment by the state assembly.

"The assembly shall have the power of impeachment by a vote of a majority of all the members elected thereto," Article VI, Section 24 reads.

"Before the trial of an impeachment, the members of the court shall take an oath or affirmation truly and impartially to try the impeachment according to the evidence, and no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two-thirds of the members present," the constitution explains.

"Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, or removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any public office of honor, trust, or profit under this state; but the party impeached shall be liable to indictment and punishment according to law."

I'm positive I couldn't vote to impeach.  My positivity is based on the fact that I'm not a duly elected representative of the NY State legislature.  If I were, I think I'd be leaning towards impeachment, though.  At the very least, I'd be in favor of a formal investigation into multiple areas.

stlrams said:
So let’s replay the last several months/years

1) the governor makes in appropriate comments to countless women even in front of his teenage daughter.

2). Covers up his moronic policy of sending covid positive patients into nursing homes 

3) threatened another politician even from same party.

End result...  nothing...  
Amazing.  There is probably still a large portion of NYers that still support the scum bag too.  

You should come to florida GB....it's crazy here.  Everything from not reporting what the care centers are giving them to arguing that people in the state who aren't residents of the state shouldn't be counted, right on down the line.  This is a hill people are willing to die on IRL it seems.  Just noting that here, the PSF that doesn't seem to be the case.
What is going on there?  My friends family lives in Fort Myers and he says things are good and it is pretty much business business as usual and most are wearing masks.  I am going to visit him in a few weeks so hope that is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread